Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 02:22 PM   #166  

I'm not sure on this, but it seems as though it is better for you to drink more water even if it is flavored rather than not enough water. Maybe it is something you want to ask your Doctor about?
I drink both plain water and flavored water throughout the day. I have given up all other beverages besides my one cup of coffee in the morning, so the flavored water is like my soda now.

Lisa
Old 09-18-2003, 02:24 PM   #167  

One more thing Michireiko,

YOu are soooooooooooooooo close to.....

ONEDERLAND!!!!!

Lucky thing!

Lisa
Old 09-18-2003, 02:35 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 210/198/150

Height: 5'2"

You're right, water is better flavored or not just as long as it's not sugared up. I'll ask my doctor about it at my next check up ^_^

Onederland??
Old 09-18-2003, 02:51 PM   #169  

That means you'll be in the 100's pound wise.

Lucky you,
Lisa
Old 09-18-2003, 05:08 PM   #170  

Height: 5'1"

Angry Day 16

Michireiko - I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better today! And I agree with you about trying to down water. Let me tell you the first few days or so are very hard. But the more you drink and the more days that go by, the easier. I have tried putting lemon in my water. And I love it. At first you think of it like a VERY watered down lemonade, but after awhile, it's not so bad!! Gives it a kick. Also, when I'm not even in the mood for water (like today!!) I sit there and think of why my body needs it, and what all the benefits I'm going to get out of it. Well, today I thought about how I've noticed since I've started this challenge, that the bloating is slowly going away! The puffiness in my face is too. Well the water must be doing something good!! I guess I'm not really helping as to how to down all that water...just advice as to why you need it.

Cherie- Such willpower!! Good for you. Glad you came to join us.

Lisa- You sound like me. I do VERY good with the water, but eating the right things, doesn't always go the way I plan. I love Chinese food, but it's soooo bad for me. High in sodium. My sweetie and I had some last week, and afterwards I felt heavy. Then I realized that all I did was make myself more bloated!! I don't mind eating it,,, just not as often as we have been.

Redballoon- Congrats on the day 15. I think I would have a hard time staying completely away from sugar. I'm sure I would do better if I limited myself on it. My bigger problem is salty foods though.

Eydie- completed the 21days? Excellent!! Always glad to see someone make it through. Makes me know that I can make it too.

Ok ladies....I've had two bottled waters today on day 16. I am going to a fundraiser today and I'm hoping I will keep on with my water intake. I don't want to get to distracted and forget. So I'm hoping to get at least 3 down before I go. I will post later tonight to let you know how it goes.

BTW Redballoon, what this about a one day a week challenge? What does it involve and is it any easier?? I guess I could just browse over there and check it out.

Marti

Last edited by M.N.J.; 09-18-2003 at 05:10 PM.
Old 09-18-2003, 09:12 PM   #171  

Day 1 and 2 success! Very tough week. My mother just told me tonight that the doctor's office is recommending she contact Hospice. The next 6 to 12 months will be very tough. I am determined not to let life's circumstances (no matter how difficult) change my focus to be a healthy weight. I need to lose weight to lessen my health risks. I may falter from time-to-time, but will strive to keep the long-term goal in sight. Well, enough of my tale...on to Day 3.
Old 09-18-2003, 10:50 PM   #172  
Waiting for ONEDERLAND!

S/C/G: 209/209/150

Height: 5'10"

Day 14-

Im trying to keep up I did slack the other day but I made up for it by doing 15 situps and then much later on another 15 to make up... I did my 5pushups today... and have to get on the situps.... which im gonna do when i finish this post!! good luck everyone.... i need to be on this board more.. the support i get from all of u here is.. what keeps me going..... i have been down this week but.. next week is a NEW week! a NEW start again to losing weight!
Old 09-18-2003, 11:43 PM   #173  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

FunATa2D, xDas7x, good for you for keeping to your challenge! Fun, I'm very sorry to hear about your mother. But hospices can be wonderful and often they have wonderful people working for them, who can do much to brighten a person's day. I'm very impressed with the strength you're showing here in this difficult times.

You too xDas, you're keeping at it and that's what it all comes down to.

Marti, here's the link to the week challenge:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=31946

It ends Sunday night but I'll be starting a new one. You can make it anything you want to do in the week so it's easier than the 21, or can be, and gives you a lot of room (if you choose to) to work within the 7-day time period instead of being restricted to an EVERY day thing. I like this one for the things I'd like to do every single day and the other challenge I started because I want to change things but keep it clearcut (thus the one-week, very specific format) and short enough so I don't get scared off! Come on over and do both. Friendsforfitness just joined us there too.
Old 09-18-2003, 11:50 PM   #174  
Never give up

Photogirl, Sorry I forgot to say WELCOME ABOARD. I loved your story about the Almond Joys (short-lived joy, isn't it?) That was some willpower. Oh, I do know what that's like as candy will appear at work here and I actually go and move it away from me so I won't be tempted. People sometimes yell at me to bring it back but I don't!

Ok, so it's exercise and NO Chocolate for the next 21! Let's go! Up and counting!
Old 09-18-2003, 11:55 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 210/198/150

Redballoon, I've been meaning to ask you... Do you like living in Japan? I want to go when I'm super sexy and meet Max Matsuura so he produce an album for me I've heard it's really expensive. What do you do there?

I like seeing everyone doing so well with their challenges! I also like to see new people. I hope someday I can say "oh yeah I did the 21 day thing!" I know this weekend will be back because of the funeral and stuff...

See you all later!
Old 09-19-2003, 07:42 AM   #176  
Never give up

Hello everyone. Just wanted to jump in to say I'm closing off Day 16 A-OK!
This time things are much harder with the challenge. I guess it's because things in general are more challenging. I'm doing it OK but I do think about sugar a lot more. Maybe it's because I'm working out heavier at the gym. Well, I don't care. I'm not going to give my body sugar!

I'll be back later to say more. I'm dead and the futon beckons. I hope none of you were affected by Hurricane Isabel. It sure looks bad and actually I'm worried about family in her path.

Well, here's wishing you all luck with your challenges! I'll write more tomorrow.

Old 09-19-2003, 08:57 AM   #177  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Default Quit Calling My Name!!!!

Silly Chocolate.... Seems now that I've made this my goal... it's HARDER to not think about it than what it was before. What is up with that???? Anyway... I resisted last night... ( have some cookies that I need to throw away that were baked last weekend for my daughters) and I walked right past the freshly filled chocolate bar dish in my office. I will be SOOOOOO glad when my bosses bag of chocolate is empty. I will let all the others in the office eat the chocolate and get fat.... I have learned my lesson! :-)

So for Day one... I had NO chocolate... and I did my exercises... 1 hour on the treadmill, my abs work and a 25 side leg kicks per leg. Working on Day two now!

WTG Red Balloon, xDas7x, and FunAtA2d.... Staying on track! That is great!

Everyone.. thanks for the warm welcome! I think this is what I need to stay on track. My week has been a dissapointment... scale wise.... (thinking of a good 7 day challenge here) even though I've been exercising everyday and staying OP... but I will continue on... I know it WILL come off! :-)

Everyone have a great Friday!

Cherie
Old 09-19-2003, 11:49 AM   #178  

Wink Hello Everyone!

Day 8 was great! (water wise anyways) I'm sure day nine will be fine too.

Funata2d Kudos to you for being so strong and smart! I envy your strenth. I tend to wiaver during difficult times, actually waiver isn't quite true, give up is more like it for me. I'm hoping this time is different for me. I wish your Mom, you and your family well.

Purple is my favorite color by the way. I just thought I'd share that with you. I'm pleasantly pleased with my 2.2 pound loss this week. It was better when I peeked at the scale before my chinese fiasco, but hey, I guess it's still better than no loss at all. Right?!

Congratulations to Photogirl on your first two days of success!!!

Lucky xdas7x your lucky enough to be 2/3rds down and 1/3 of the way to go on your challenge, it's gotta be easier this last week for you, is it?

M.N.J. The chinese food did make me feel very heavy and bloated too. I skipped one of my snacks and only had a zone bar for dinner. Believe it or not I'm kinda glad I ate that chinese food. I've made a promise to myself that I will journal everything I put into my mouth. I track calories and most of the time carbs as well. Eating that chinese food ended up being a very educational expierience for me. At the time I am only allowed 1900 calories per day. After lunch I looked up the calories in the meal I had so I would make myself face the music so to speak and it had 1895 CALORIES IN THAT ONE MEAL!!!! I ended up going over my daily calorie allotment by 534 CALORIES!! Now you're probably wondering "How could she be glad about something like that?" You see before, I had no concept of how many calories I should or shouldn't have or that you could even begin to eat an entire days worth of calories at one meal. I swear to you that I had no clue about this kind of stuff. NOW I KNOW. That's a really good revelation for me. Now I'm hoping that shell shocking discovery will resound in my head whenever I am eating something that anyone but myself has prepared and make me stop, think and be more careful. Does that make sense that I'm glad I did that?

Sorry I got to rambling again, I just wanted to share a very enlighting moment for me.

Have a great day everyone!

Lisa

Last edited by friendsforfitness; 09-19-2003 at 11:58 AM.
Old 09-19-2003, 12:15 PM   #179  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning ladies-

Lisa- It makes total sense! I always hate "facing the music" on stuff like that but it does put stuff in more perspective! And afterwards when you're feeling heavy and bloated, even if it tasted dandy, you gotta think, is feeling like this worth it??? You almost feel like you gotta work twice as hard now! So I discovered it's not really worth it. Not to say we won't ever have chinese again,, I will just choose a little differently as to what I eat. (not really much that is too healthy on their menu's though is there?)

Well, I drank my 3 bottles of water before I left for the fundraiser. I ended up drinking little shots of flavored martini's and a small glass of wine. And they had ton's of finger foods. Hourderves(sp?) some were good, some were bad. I did really well with tasting only a couple. It was a five hour event and I and the two ladies I went with had lots of fun. And when it was over.... I came home and drank another bottle and a half of water! I felt so dehydrated after drinking those martini's. I've never had martini's and so I had to try. Lemon drop and sour apple were the two flavors. So I actually got all my water in, but I probably didn't do my body any good by drinking those little shots of martini's!! But all in all Day 16 was good. So to start day 17!!

I will post later tonight
Marti
Old 09-19-2003, 12:28 PM   #180  
Waiting for ONEDERLAND!

S/C/G: 209/209/150

Height: 5'10"

DAY 15 better than ever!

Well im still keeping up with the challenge and u know as soon as this one is over i cant "WEIGHT" haha bad joke.. to start the next 21-day challenge. I def think this is a great idea, and with the support of everyone here it def makes things much easier.

friendsforfitness - wow i cant believe that meal alone had so many calories (if im reading that right!) wow! but i know ull be on track!

my problem is sometimes I dont even eat 1000 cals a day..... and i know thats really bad but its not like i dont TRY to either.... I mean a typical day ill drink diet iced tea (the lipton stuff is GREAT the diet powder iced tea.. its only 5cal and nothing else in it) or water sometimes skim milk throughout the day, and then ill have maybe a granola bar for breakfast (i know i know.. but i cant eat a full breakfast! and i dont have the time in the mornings!) for lunch ill have a sandwich (PBnJ on whole wheat bread) and then for dinner ill have a lean cuisine or weight watchers meal (OH and BTW Shoprite (at least in the Northern NJ area) is having a SALE theyre 1/2 off.. starting Sunday...... id better go to stock up!!!) I mean I might snack on wheat thins or another granola bar or a salad during the day, I dont starve myself I just try to eat when Im hungry.. and i ususally do. Now, I do eat more on the weekends cause we usually go out to eat or maybe get subs or somethingm but i usually dont eat that much during the day and so I can afford to eat on those days.. but its not like i TRY to do that it just happens that way.. again I know its NOT good. but I dont know what else I can do.. Im taking vitimins too to give my body the extra things it needs.. and i mean i WILL eat im not trying to STOP myself, Im just cutting out the fat and trying to eat less fatty foods.. but I dont really know how to eat 2000 cal/day or 1400 etc because I usually dont go that high.. at least accoring to fitday.com ive been keeping track....

I mean unless I have a full corse steak dinner everynight I dont know what more I can do.. I know it isnt healthy.. for example lastnight this is what I had (ill post it)

the 88g of mini pizza bagels is a serving (4 of them0
The 2 tablespoons for the Iced Tea.. i was counting the powder mix.. 8oz when mixed with water is 2 tablespoons of the mixture (u put 2tbsp in)

I think the rest is self explanatory...

Last edited by xDas7x; 09-19-2003 at 12:39 PM.
Closed Thread