Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 12:00 PM   #571  

Default Wacky Wednesday

Hello all....

Whatever, wherever, I am fine w/ whatever the group decides as ...

Tea is on!
Old 10-23-2003, 12:20 PM   #572  
Spreadin' the luv.

Red face Eyes propped open with toothpicks...

'Morning.

Didn't encounter any stray herds of sheep in downtown Seattle this morning, so that's good. On the other hand, the alarm went off this morning at 6 and I shot awake, alert and ready to face the day. Then I fell back asleep for 45 minutes.

Frogger - MMMMM. T-e-e-e-e-x M-e-e-e-e-x. Funny - the best Tex Mex I had was when R. and I lived in Denton, TX. Huh.

Oh, Ceara. Your work sounds like a drag. Is this an ongoing thing or is there relief on the horizon? Wish I could send you working systems and competent co-workers. Sending you serenity and some good ol' inscrutability instead...

Kaylets, ain't life grand? "Car people" (and all related fields - tire people, mechanics, parts store salespeople) are a group that I avoid scrupulously unless absolutely necessary. Just because I hate, HATE fiddling with car problems and warranties and fine print. Better to gnash your teeth on pretzels then on...say, Fritos. Like I did yesterday. I'm armed with celery and apples today. That brown pants story was grand - my Dad's going to love it. Good luck on your speech tonight!

Amarantha, I live in constant fear that now that I've gotten my hair nice and long I'm going to go nuts and chop it off again. I do that sometimes because my hair get so tangly and takes SO long to wash. I get it trimmed as much as I can to keep the "chop demons" at bay.

Eydie, your "parting shot" sounds good. Passive-aggressive people make me nuts. They bother me so much that I get neurotic that I'M PA. I worriedly asked my brother, sister and husband about it, and Nate (brother) said, "Nah. You're not passive-aggressive. You're just aggressive." Well....OK. I can live with that. Suffering from chocolate withdrawal?

Punkin, thank GOD you're back. I got freaked when you didn't show - thought I'd put you off 3FC forever and that our friends would blame me. OK, not really. Ramon had a good chuckle at us when I told him about one similarity in particular - how we don't get physical and haven't ever "mixed it up" with someone in our lives but we're always ready. He was like, "Yeah, that's you alright." I'm against physical violence as a rule and don't think I'll ever get into a fight or anything, but there's always this little person in the back of my head with her fists up, jumping around and saying, "You wanna dance? You wanna GET PHYSICAL WITH ME? C'mon, let's go. C'mon!!!" Weird. I'm especially ready to wade into it when I hear a man raising his voice at a woman, child or dog. Actually, I have physically fought people twice in my life, but that was fighting off prospective molesters that had hold of me, so I don't count it as fighting. You've been warned, ladies. Don't provoke us.

Wildfire, you'd love this city in the fall. Lots of tree-lined avenues that are sprinkled with lovely leaves right now. Before the leaf blowers and sweepers get to it.

Arabella, wsw and Zadie, you're officially AWOL. I hope you're away having too much fun to get online, but suspect you might have work woes and what-have-you. We're thinking about you!

Product alert! Kashi came out with this exciting-looking cereal called "7 in the Morning" which has 7 different grains, blah, blah, blah. Healthy, 7 grams fiber per serving - I'm like "Oooh!", buy it and it tastes like....Grape Nuts. I hate Grape Nuts. I'm eating it because it's Good For Me and I'm cutting fruit into it next time. Blech.

Have a good day, ducks!

Last edited by Cerise; 10-23-2003 at 12:26 PM.
Old 10-23-2003, 12:27 PM   #573  
Spreadin' the luv.

I don't care where we are, as long as we're together. I like what we talk about and what our focus is, but I don't care where we are.

Kaylets, it isn't really Wednesday, is it? SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!!
Old 10-23-2003, 12:50 PM   #574  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Question H.m.m...

Quickie fly-by....

I dunno...I like dunno better than Um. I went to school (HS) with a chap who used to say "like, um, you know" as a phrase whenever he needed to collect his thots...I counted them once during one of his oral presentations and it was mind boggling..so much so that I forgot how many there were.

Wherever if fine with me. Just leave BIG crumbs. I chose to travel with youse guys.

Gotta go rustle up the last of the soup.

Ceara
Old 10-23-2003, 01:22 PM   #575  

Default tERFFIC Thursday

Oh dear yes, it is Thursday-- I give up, you got me...
Old 10-23-2003, 02:08 PM   #576  
Spreadin' the luv.

It's OK, I just had a panic session, since I have been known to wake up on Monday morning thinking it's Friday and getting a REALLY bad shock before. It's happened.
Old 10-23-2003, 02:26 PM   #577  
Momma Frog

Afternoon!

Just checking in. Reading up.

I'll go wherever the group decides. I LOVE YOU GUYS!!

PS DH has an interview on Friday with a grocery store for stocking. It won't be much money, but better than nothing!
Old 10-23-2003, 02:39 PM   #578  

Crumbs are it! Just leave them so I can move if the group moves. Location matters not to me - focus does and compatibility. I think that two hour conversation between Punkin and Cerise says it all. I feel I could probably do almost as long with any one of yez.

Yea, Frogger, with all the other things in your life NOT going well, your weight loss certainly is. I had almost forgotten about your Mom living with you. So many suggestions come to mind but I don't think any of mine would be really helpful 'cause I know you are just as (or more so) into solutions as I am. So just take if from me, I'm thinking of you and praying the right thing comes soon. Know from others near me how difficult the job market is right now.

Cerise, thanks for the heads up on the new Kashi. I love most of their cereals but doesn't sound like I'd like that one much either. I'm on my fourth "well behaved" day. Weighed in and was at exactly where I was a week ago but that is down from all the water gain earlier in the week. Hanging in for a strong finish and still hoping for the sprint to Halloween.

Yes, I'd like to continue challenges of varying types and lengths.

No princesses this weekend. REST TIME or catchup time. My muscles are hurting for Punkin after that "rest" she had. Will see princesses at wedding the following weekend. YOYO - I've been holding the news of my new outfit for you and will soon be forced to broadcast it without you!

Good luck, Kaylets!
Old 10-23-2003, 06:28 PM   #579  
Is it Friday yet?

Haaappy Friday eve...

Well, I was just *told* I'm taking next week off. I'm fighting it. Yes, I'm stressed and wound so tight I could cry at a drop of a hat, but I *won't* be told to leave for a week. Sorry, my vacation time is meant to be enjoyed - not punished with.

Ok, pi$$y tirade over - I just got an email from Bo-Beena - they just signed the papers for their new house!!!!!!!!! Official move in is 11/1 but the "we're stayin the night" move in is 11/8. I'm so happy for them!

Eydie, you got my number on them catty-logs you! Don't be jealous, use it! I love your idea for walkin' out the door on evil co-worker's last day - sure you don't want to turn around and stick out your tongue????

Amarantha, ok, no "sorry's" - thanks for the ear - I'd be broke if I had to pay all the therapist fees that my friends have provided for free! BTW, 'donno' is one of my favorite words!

I'm all for moving the thread. Not that I think we're "exclusive" but it's been our core group for so long that I sometimes wonder if other people feel like they can't play (they can, really!) so we don't end up with anyone new... So, I say, leave bread crumbs!

Kaylets, I bet DH is hot! I would be too... I swear, hairdressers and mechanics - hard to find a good one, when you do you should marry into their family so as not to lose them! Loved the pirate story too, got a good giggle from that one.

Ceara, oooh, sounds like you and I work at the same place! Repeat after me "WHATeverrrr", "WHATeverrrrr".... keep saying it until you don't CARE what/how/when they think something should be done!

Frogger, TexMex sounds gooooood! Happy BD to DH too! and for the job too! Congrats on the pound-to-be too - I have faith, it wouldn't DARE show back up after we've celebrated its leaving!

Cerise, you? scare me off? nooooo, more like the other way 'round dahling. I was hoping I didn't sound like some nutter myself! Oh, and you just watch it you, *I'm* a so-called "car person"!!!! I'm a service writer and we employ 3 mechanics - of course we're of the reputable variety and have a 20 year reputation for being "the ones to go to for quick and honest work".

Anagram, ya know, I really wasn't at all sore after my day "off"! That actually made me feel really good about myself - you may not always *see* the progress, but it's there! Enjoy your rest time!

Q o' the day - The difference between 'partly cloudy' and 'partly sunny' is your frame of mind...

Toodles for today!

Terri
Old 10-23-2003, 09:53 PM   #580  
Hot Stuff

Had posted a long reply and had to go answer phone prior to hitting "Submit Reply"....came back to a frozen computer and lost it all.

I will say I vote for Miscellaneous Clubs if we are moving. The Alternachicks board does not have different groups posting there, so unless the intent is to mingle with the existing Alternachicks on their many threads (as I do), then setting up camp in their forum would be like crashing their party. I know they would welcome us all with open arms, being the wonderful women they are, but it doesn't seem polite. Just my 2 cents.

I'll catch up again on the weekend, after I recover from losing my post.
Old 10-23-2003, 10:06 PM   #581  
deleted2

I'm nodding off here, but I wanted to say hello to all my friends here.
About the potential move, it's all good, just leave a trail of whole grain bread crumbs!
I'm feeling much better today. I'd been feeling downright skinny and hope to have that feeling again soon. Still have the post-binge blahs and yes, I'm suffering chocolate withdrawal!
Good luck to your DH with the interview, Frogger!
Punkin, don't be surprised if I call sometime....!
Wildfire, I'm always disappointed when I hear of a lost post. All those profound thoughts floating around somewhere out there!
Ceara, sorry to hear about your food orgy. I can relate....what to do about those people who work our last good nerve?!

I don't think I've mentioned this, but I've noticed since I've lost a few pounds the clothes that were tight on me are fitting so well. It's so nice to have a bit of wiggle room there! And some things are simply too big---out they go!

I'll check in tomorrow. Don't move without me! [I'm assuming we'll be here thru the challenge, right?]

Old 10-24-2003, 03:04 AM   #582  
Empress/Queen

Thanks, guys, for chiming in on the idea of moving this thread for fun and focus! Wildfire, I didn't realize that only the Alternative Chicks group posted on that forum ... thought it was more general for sort of diverse folk as we are. Haven't looked there for ages, so guess you're right. Methinks miscellaneous groups would be cool and easier to find, also it would help the site, I think, as likely they have more space in that forum than here. Hope I'm not too pushy in wanting to do this ... hopefully all the awol folkettes will chime in soon ...

Do we need a name for this "club" ... something reflecting that we do seasonal weight loss/maintenance challenges ... Seasonal Slimmers (lame)? Seasonal Slimming Spa (lamer)? Holiday Hijinks (probably not)? The Inn of the Sixth Holiday (I need a nap)?

Can someone please name this club!?

Eydie: Congrats on the wiggle room!!!! Yowza!!!

Tonight I noticed that a dress I wear to meetings now and then (mostly I wear jeans) was much looser. NSV!!! Yes, it's great to have that extra room!

Om shanti, Cerise! I'm going to look for that cereal. I was so mad when Kashi stopped marketing their precooked, aseptically packaged, fruited Kashi. I loved that for carry along lunches.

I like our focus and what we talk about as well, just looking for change, reframing, excitment, fun and an easier click to find you guys. It always takes a long scan before I spot this thread on the support board!

Frogger, hope thy dh gets his job ...

Later ... Braindead now.
Old 10-24-2003, 07:24 AM   #583  
Momma Frog

Good Morning ALL!!!!

Since we will be in Williamsburg this weekend, I will go ahead and roll out my official challenge weight......189.5 as of this morning.
That would be 8.5 pounds beneath my goal for the challenge. (I think I better start setting some bigger goals.) Which means I am now 24.5 pounds away from my altimate goal. I'm getting re-excited!

RE: new clubs name
how about Changing Seasons (or is that too much like an old folks home?)

Well, I'm off. Looking forward to the weekend. I really need one.

Tootles.........
Old 10-24-2003, 08:57 AM   #584  

Regal Reducers?

Merrie Maintainers (&To Be)?

Healthier Than We've Been In Years?

Tea and Empathy?

Court of Challenges?

Challenge Circuit?

Court of Regal Reducers & Merrie Maintainers?
Old 10-24-2003, 10:46 AM   #585  
Is it Friday yet?

Happy Friday!!!!

Today was the first day that the alarm part of my sunrise clock didn't wake me up in over a week. I must be doing better in the "all around" catagory.

I also made a decision yesterday. With my "other job" I'm not having the time in the afternoons/evenings to get on the eliptical as much as I'd like - so Monday I'm moving my alarm time up 25 minutes so that I can do it in the morning. The first time I lost weight I was so dedicated I had no problem getting up at 4:30am to walk for 30 minutes before I went to work (I had to commute to San Francisco back then), so WHY can't I get up at 5am instead of 5:20'ish???? I can, I will and Monday I will say "I do!".

Wildfire, I agree with you on the Alternachicks - awesome group o' ladies, but, "crashing the party" is a good way of putting it. I'm sure your missing post is out there mingling with all the other bits of wisdom that've been lost over the years.

Eydie, for some reason I had this whacky thought on the lost posts when I read your comment about them. I thought about how every year after all our celebrations we put out a plate of *some* (nothing dangerous for a critter) of our feast for the wildlife - like giving back to the Universe a little of what we've taken. Stupid as it seems now that I'm typing it - I thought "hey all those missing, wonderful, typed with thought and care, posts are the dedication given to the Universe for our friendship".

Ok, so it's most likely a stupid computer glitch - indulge me!

Amarantha, huge-O-mungous congrats on the NSV! The scale is great n' fine, but loose clothes is like a happy drug!

Frogger, you are doing AMAZING!!!!! Take a bow girl!

Anagram, I like those names! Frogger's "Changing Seasons" is good too. I guess we DO need to name our new home-to-be, huh?

I watched a Lifetime Bio on Jean Nidetch last night - the founder of Weight Watchers. What a cool lady. She'd said something at the end that struck me (I'm paraphrasing here) - that everyone should have a dream, and that everyone should at least *try* to see it to fruition. She said something like (again, paraphrased) failure is better than not trying - if you *could have* done something wonderful and never even tried, that it would be a waste of life.
Or something like that - that's what I got out of it anyway - better to have tried and failed than to always wonder "what if I'd....?"

Toodles for now,

Terri
(aka Punkin o' Friday)
Closed Thread