Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-16-2017, 09:17 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 221/221/160

[breakfast]
slimfast advanced nutrition protein shake in 'mocha cappuccino' - free

[snack]
a tall iced coffee w/ sugar free vanilla and extra cream - 5

[lunch]
2 leftover chicken quesadillas on low carb tortillas - 14

[snack]
a homemade sugar-free/low carb s'mores bar, a homemade english toffee, and a tiny low carb pumpkin spice scone - 20

[dinner]
a low carb flatbread pizza w/ homemade turkey sausage,
artichokes, fresh mushrooms and mozzarella + 3 homemade magic mozzarella dough breadsticks

carbohydrates - 64
vitamin/thyroid medicine -
intake (in oz.) - 90
exercise - 30 min. @home circuit workout + 70 crunches + 30 min. leslie sansone - brisk beat and speed intervals

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 10-17-2017 at 10:57 AM.
spnfullasgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:29 AM   #242  

[snack]
3/4 c. special k protein cinnamon brown sugar crunch cereal
1/2 c. calorie countdown 2% milk

[snack]
slimfast advanced nutrition protein shake in 'mocha cappuccino'
and a low carb pumpkin scone w/ cinnamon glaze

[lunch]
2 chicken quesadillas on low carb whole wheat tortillas - 14

[snack]
a piece of homemade low carb english toffee and apple cinnamon spice tea w/ swerve - 3

I've decided to stop counting the carbs from swerve, as it doesn't spike blood sugar.
this stuff is by far the greatest sugar substitute i've ever used!

[dinner]
3 small chicken thighs each w/ 1 tbs. sugar-free bbq sauce, roasted broccoli, and a side salad w/ romaine, grape tomatoes, cucumber, crumbled bacon, a little bit of shredded cheddar and 2 tbs. cilantro lime ranch - 5

[snack]
a homemade low carb s'mores bar - 5

carbohydrates - 56.5
intake (in oz.) - 90
exercise - 30 min. leslie sansone - miracle miles: 2 mile walk, belly blast and tez advanced cut

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 10-17-2017 at 08:10 PM.
Old 10-17-2017, 01:22 PM   #243  

Autumn is FINALLY here!!! Well, okay, I guess technically it arrived on the 22nd of last month, but it's FINALLY cooling off. The leaves are all beautiful shades of red and orange, and I can wear my boots again!

I went out this past Friday and bought a boatload of stuff to go on the cooking/baking frenzy that just took place over the weekend. I thought this would be a good spot to plug in all the yummy recipes that came out on top. Here goes:

Apple Bacon Oatmeal Dog Cookies - My pumpkin had to have a treat of his own to celebrate this beautiful weather we're having! He absolutely LOVES these things!

Pumpkin Beer Pretzels w/ Chipotle Queso - Okay, so these pretzels almost brought me to a breaking point. But I did it!! I refused to try one! I did NOT cheat, you guys! ..However.. by simply omitting the flour from the queso dip and using my calorie countdown milk w/ a bit of heavy cream added to make it more whole milkish, I was able to make the cheese sauce completely low carb! ..Uhm, I would absolutely give up water to bathe in this stuff. ..My husband is a giant pretzel fan, and loves anything pumpkin/pumpkin spice related, so when I found this recipe on Pinterest I knew I couldn't pass it up. The pretzels were looking pretty fly, but I grabbed one of my Joseph's pitas and dipped away at that cheesy goodness like it was the nectar of life. I wouldn't lie about this.

OH! and one more thing, my hubby suggested Blue Moon's Harvest Pumpkin Wheat beer for the pretzels, and because I'm not a beer person and know pretty much zip to nada about beer I set out to grab a 6 pack of it at the liquor store. I couldn't find the stuff anywhere, but came across a lady that actually worked for Blue Moon, handing out samples of different pumpkin beers. She suggested this stuff in place, telling me it was WAY better:

I had a tiny sample and it's actually really delicious. I swigged down the sample without even thinking about it, and then later when I was searching for the 6-pack I was like, oh dang! beer isn't carbless! Later I found out from Myfitnesspal that a full shandy is only 12 carbs, so woohoo!

Low Carb S'mores Bars - Need I say s'more? ...K, not that funny. But they're delicious! One definitely hits the spot though, because these suckers are RICH.

Low Carb Broccoli Cheese Soup - Oh man, you guys.. No words. Except for these: MAKE THIS. NOW. GO. DO IT. -- I actually used the leftover bacon that I had from my furbaby's treats that I made earlier that morning. I diced the bacon up along with a large (not small as called for) onion and used chicken broth rather than veggie. This soup definitely hit the spot on the cold night we were having. I accompanied my soup w/ some of Joseph's pitas and it. was. DIVINE.

English Toffee - This recipe is absolute pure magic in my belly. I used chopped walnuts instead of macadamia, because that's what I had on hand, but I covered half of the toffee with the chocolate and left the rest plain and delicious as it was. I've been keeping it in a gallon sized ziploc baggie in the freezer, as I really love the cold texture, it's so buttery and yummy!

Magic Mozzarella Dough - One of the most absolute coolest things EVER! I watched the video for this, and as many recipes of Carolyn's that I've used that have come out perfect (pretty much anything of hers I've ever made), I was super skeptical. I accidentally forgot to add the egg before mixing and panicked, incorporating the egg into the dough with my fingers, so it probably changed the texture a tad. But this came together like a legit dough, no kidding! I decided to do bread sticks with it because I'm more of a breadstick kinda gal, but they were delicious! I'm going to be trying this again and maybe make calzones or stromboli with it next time!

Pumpkin Scones with Cinnamon Glaze - These are SO good! And totally filling, as small as I made them! I didn't have any nuts to throw in so I kept these little guys plain, but honestly they didn't need anything additional to the cinnamon glaze on top. I kept catching myself sticking my finger in the glaze bowl while I was waiting for the scones to cool.

So there you have it! Lots of yummy goodies that I've tested and approved. Now it's your turn!

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 10-17-2017 at 01:25 PM.
Old 10-18-2017, 08:55 PM   #244  

[snack]

[snack]
slimfast advanced nutrition protein shake in 'mocha cappuccino'
and a small piece of homemade toffee

[lunch]
1 chicken quesadillas on low carb whole wheat tortillas - 7

[snack]
a tall iced coffee w/ sugar-free vanilla and extra cream + a homemade s'mores bar - 10

[dinner]
a sweet onion turkey burger w/ sauteed onions, green peppers, mushrooms and sharp cheddar on sara lee's multi grain + a side salad w/ romaine, cucumber, grape tomatoes, a bit of shredded cheddar and 2 tbs. ranch dressing - 22

carbohydrates - 65.5
intake (in oz.) - 90
exercise - 30 min. @home circuit workout + 70 crunches + 30 min. leslie sansone - brisk beat and walk away the pounds express 1
Old 10-19-2017, 07:20 PM   #245  

[snack]
2 pieces sara lee multi-grain bread, 2 eggs over-easy and 2 pieces of turkey bacon - 18

[snack]
a homemade low carb pumpkin scone w/ cinnamon glaze - 5

[lunch]
a leftover flatbread pizza from the other night (artichokes, homemade turkey sausage, mozzarella)
that I had thrown in the freezer

[snack]
a small piece of homemade low carb english toffee and a tall iced coffee w/ sugar free vanilla and extra cream - 8

[dinner]
2 turkey bacon-wrapped turkey dogs in 2 mama lupe low carb tortillas w/ shredded cheddar and a small side salad w/ grape tomatoes,
cucumber and 1 tbs. ranch dressing

carbohydrates - 72
intake (in oz.) - 90
exercise - 60 min. leslie sansone - 5 mile boost (miles 1-4-1/2)

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 10-19-2017 at 07:23 PM.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:13 PM   #246  

[snack]
2 pieces of toast made from sara lee multi-grain bread and a tall iced coffee w/ sugar-free vanilla and extra cream - 23

[snack]
a homemade low carb s'mores bar + a slimfast advanced nutrition protein shake in 'mocha cappuccino' - 5

[lunch]
2 turkey bacon-wrapped turkey hot dogs in 2 low carb tortillas w/ cheddar - 18

[snack]
4 meatballs in a tiny bit of marinara and shredded mozzarella - 5

ugh, i've got to slow down on all this munchy business. my downfall lately has been snacking while i'm preparing dinner. weigh-in is just around the corner, get it together brittainy!

[dinner]
2 low carb cheesy garlic muffins and italian meatballs in marinara mozzarella - 25 (just guessing here!)

these meatballs almost got me into trouble today, they're SO addictive! i lost count after 15 of them.... at least i didn't go over my limit, phew! but because that pesky TOM is next week, i'm getting munchy cravings.

carbohydrates - 76
intake (in oz.) - 100
exercise - none,
rest day!

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 10-20-2017 at 07:10 PM.
Old 10-21-2017, 02:03 PM   #247  

[snack]

[snack]
a slimfast advanced nutrition protein shake in 'caramel latte' - 5

[lunch]
2 leftover low carb cheesy garlic muffins and 7 meatballs in a little marinara and mozzarella - 20

[snack]
a tall iced coffee w/ sugar-free vanilla and extra cream - 5

[dinner]
homemade chile relleno chicken soup w/ a leftover low carb cheesy garlic muffin - 10

carbohydrates - 63.5
intake (in oz.) - 90
exercise - 30 min. @home circuit workout + 70 crunches + 30 min. leslie sansone - 5 really big miles

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 10-21-2017 at 09:17 PM.
Old 10-22-2017, 01:30 PM   #248  

[snack]
2 pieces of toast made w/ sara lee's multi-grain bread,
2 eggs, over-easy and turkey bacon

[snack]
half a cup of coffee w/ pumpkin spice creamer - 2

[lunch]
leftover chile relleno chicken soup - 5

[dinner]
a flatbread pizza w/ 1/4 c. sauce, mozzarella, peppers, pepperoni, ground turkey, black olives and mushrooms - 22

carbohydrates - 47
intake (in oz.) - 90
exercise - none, rest day!

getting my schedule back to how it was, sundays are my off-days!

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 10-22-2017 at 08:41 PM.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:04 PM   #249  

[breakfast]
a slimfast advanced nutrition protein shake in 'caramel latte' - free

[lunch]
a quesadilla made on a joseph's pita w/ sharp white cheddar and black forest ham - 10

[snack]
a tall iced coffee w/ sugar free vanilla and extra cream- 5

[dinner]
low carb taco casserole made w/ ground turkey, diced white onion, homemade taco seasoning, diced green chiles, black olives, a chipotle in adobo, mild chunky salsa, cream cheese, pepperjack and cheddar w/ 1 tbs. sour cream + 2 mama lupe low carb tortillas - 20

carbohydrates - 35
intake (in oz.) - 90
exercise - 20 min. @home circuit workout + 10 mins. on highest incline @2.8-3.0 + 75 crunches + 30 min. leslie sansone - 5 boosted miles (miles 1 and 2)
Old 10-24-2017, 12:56 PM   #250  

[breakfast]
2 eggs, scrambled and a mama lupe low carb tortilla w/ 1 tbs. chunky salsa - 7

[snack]

[lunch]
a ham and cheddar quesadilla w/ 1 c. of leftover chile chicken relleno soup - 15

[snack]
2 homemade low carb s'mores bars - 10

[snack]
a tall iced coffee w/ sugar-free vanilla and extra cream - 5

[dinner]
roasted chicken thighs w/ cheesy chipotle cauliflower rice and a mama lupe low carb tortilla - 12

cheesy chipotle cauliflower rice -
a package of bird's eye steamfresh cauliflower rice
1/4 c. hot chicken stock
salt to taste
2 oz. cream cheese, pinched into pieces to melt down easier into the rice
1 tbs. chopped chipotle in adobo
shredded pepperjack

carbohydrates - 49
intake (in oz.) - 100
exercise - 60 min. leslie sansone - boosted 5 miles (miles 1-4) + LOTS of housework and cleaning out closets/cabinets/drawers. getting ready for christmas, woohoo!

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 10-25-2017 at 08:57 PM.
Old 10-24-2017, 02:38 PM   #251  

Why is it that I feel so guilty when I give myself more than a day off from working out in a week? I'm making excellent progress, I've been doing really well in making sure I get all my water in and my diet has been within my carb limit every single day. I guess I'm just afraid that I'll let myself fall back into old habits. I should probably give myself a little more credit!

Anywho, this week is kind of my annual do-everything-I-said-I'd-do-and-haven't-done-yet week. I cleaned out my husband's and my closet and have a bag ready for Goodwill full of stuff that's WAY too big for me now! I had fun trying on things that around this time last year I was looking at longingly, believing I'd never fit into them again and hear I am wearing some of it now!

I now have less to lose than the amount that I've already lost, and for that I'm darn proud of myself. So YES, I'm taking another day off from working out, but I WILL be back to it in the morning!

**UPDATE**

I got in a full hour workout! I had a talk with myself and glanced over at the calendar. Now's not the time to mess around.
I have 1 week left til weigh-in!!! I do feel much better!

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 10-24-2017 at 09:38 PM.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:55 PM   #252  

[breakfast]
leftover roasted chicken and cauliflower rice - 5

[snack]

[lunch]
a ham and cheddar quesadilla - 10

[snack]
2 homemade low carb pumpkin spice cookies - 7

[snack]
a tall iced coffee w/ sugar-free vanilla and extra cream
+ 2 more pumpkin spice cookies

[dinner]
a sweet onion seasoned turkey burger w/ sauteed onions,
mushrooms and cheddar + 8 cauliflower tots fried in olive oil + 1 tsp.
a1 steak sauce

carbohydrates - 49
intake (in oz.) - 100
exercise - 20 min. @home circuit workout + 10 mins. on highest incline @3.0 + 75 crunches + 30 min. leslie sansone - brisk walk and speed intervals

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 10-25-2017 at 08:56 PM.
Old 10-26-2017, 03:53 PM   #253  

[breakfast]
a 3-egg omelet w/ cheddar, pepperjack and blackforest ham + 1 tbs chunky salsa - 3

[snack]
2 homemade low carb pumpkin spice cookies and a cup of cal. countdown milk - 10

[lunch]
a ham and cheddar quesadilla on a joseph's pita - 10

[snack]
a cup of coffee w/ 4 tbs. sugar-free pumpkin spice coffee creamer - 4

[dinner]

[snack]
a homemade low carb s'mores bar - 5

carbohydrates - 55.5
intake (in oz.) - 90
exercise - 30 min. leslie sansone - miracle miles: 2 mile walk

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 10-26-2017 at 09:31 PM.
Old 10-26-2017, 06:43 PM   #254  

This morning I woke up with one of those headaches where it feels as if you have a ton of bricks weighing down the top of your head. It was dragging me down for most of the day, but I finally took something and it went away. I got in a workout (thankfully!) and now it's coming back again... Totally bringing me down right now, I'm such a baby when it comes to headaches, they're not fun at all.

My plan is to throw in a half hour on Sunday to make up today. So back to building my grocery list for tomorrow and finishing it before my head starts aching any worse...

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 10-26-2017 at 06:44 PM.
Old 10-27-2017, 06:33 PM   #255  

[breakfast]
1/2 a low carb pumpkin scone w/ cinnamon glaze - 2.5

[snack]
2 homemade low carb smores bars - 10

[lunch]
a mesquite smoked turkey and pepperjack quesadilla - 10

[snack]
a cup of coffee w/ 4 tbs. pumpkin spice creamer - 4

[dinner]
toppings from a couple pieces of a meat lover's pizza and supreme + a small side salad w/ romaine, cucumber, grape tomatoes, shredded cheddar and 2 tbs. ranch - 15

carbohydrates - 41.5
intake (in oz.) - 90
exercise - none, rest day!

still stuck in a bit of a slump with this headache. not going to worry about my workouts as much, as i feel like my main focus needs to be on my diet right now. i'm having major cravings for things that i need NOT to have cravings for. i want a cookie so bad right now, ughhh!! stupid time of the month!

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 10-27-2017 at 06:34 PM.