Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-28-2017, 04:26 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 214/163/140

Height: 4'11

The new workout regimen I created for March is now finished! I also completed my project for the month, which are weightloss jars (more like cute little buckets) that I can transfer marbles from one to the other to represent pounds lost. I'll post pics soon!
Anyway, here goes the good stuff:

March's 30 min. HIIT Workout -

Jog (in place or around the room, get that going!) - 1 min.
Chest press (home gym) - 30 sec.
Stepper knee-highs - 30 sec.
Boosted skips - 30 sec.
Leg ext. (home gym) - 30 sec.
Grapevine - 30 sec.
Mini squats + Alternate upward reach - 30 sec.
Sit n' kicks - 30 sec.
Prayer pulses - 1 min.
Back Behinds - 1 min.
Pushers - 1 min.
Shift + Punch (alternate) - 1 min.
Gazelle Glider - 1 min.
Hydrate + Walk in place - 30 sec.
Boosted skips - 30 sec.
Skaters - 30 sec.
Mini squats/front + laterals - 1 min.
Overhead Tricep ext. (w/ 10 lb. Kettlebell) - 1 min.
Buttkickers - 30 sec.
Tricep kickbacks - 1 min.
Crunches - 1 min.
Donkey kicks - 1 min.
Cobra Push-ups - 1 min.
Bicycles - 1 min.
Plank - 1 min.
Hydrate + Walk in place - 30 sec.

10 min. Uphill climb on highest incline @ 3

Stretch!

February's Most-Used Video Workouts --

Leslie Sansone's Your Daily Walk app! - As you know, I absolutely LOVE this app. I used my free trial all month and plan to lay down the $4.99 tomorrow to continue service. I'm excited to see some new workouts in March!

Along side the YDW app, my husband has talked me into giving Couch 2 5k a go! He's nearing the end, but I think I'll start tomorrow so that I can get 3 days in before the week is over. I plan to make this part of my Tue., Thu., and Sat. cardio routine! I'm really excited but a little nervous since I'm not big on running, but he tells me it's really great at easing you in.

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 02-28-2017 at 04:27 PM.
spnfullasgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 06:36 PM   #92  

March Motivation Project: Weightloss Buckets!

I found the 2 little buckets at JoAnn's for $4.00 a piece (I applied 2-50% off coupons that JoAnn's allowed me to use -- their weekly ad 50% off coupon along w/ another 50% off they had on their app -- so I was able to get them for even less!). I found a new addiction in washi tape of which I grabbed the 2 cutest ones that I could search out and picked out a package of letter stickers in the brightest pink they had! Luckily I was able to find marbles in shades that I thought looked great with the rest of the color scheme.

You can do jars, boxes, buckets... anything your little heart desires! And choose colors that YOU absolutely love.
It's going to be so motivating seeing the "Pounds lost" bucket fill up over the course of the next several months!

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 02-28-2017 at 06:39 PM.
Old 03-01-2017, 03:10 PM   #93  

Breakfast - 2 Healthy Breakfast taquitos - 14 carbs

Snack - Roasted red pepper hummus with pretzel chips - 24

Lunch - Half a PB&J on multi-grain bread - 15

Dinner - 2 Brat wraps w/ peppers and onions and a little bit of cheddar - 18

Carbohydrates - 71
Vitamins/Thyroid Medicine - Yes!
Water intake (in oz.) - 100 oz.
Exercise - 30 min. HIIT workout/Treadmill and Week 1/Day 1 of C25K (30 mins.)

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 03-01-2017 at 07:53 PM.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:39 PM   #94  

** Props to Pinterest **
This Week's Top 5 Pins

I was supposed to have posted this yesterday, but I'm finally all caught up! Hope you guys enjoy!

4 Treadmill Workouts to Beat Boredom - I incorporated a small taste of jogging in the month of February and cannot wait to dig into the C25K program tomorrow! This is a pin that I've found recently that has only motivated me to up the pace in this jogging journey. I plan to knock all 4 of these out this month, so look for them in future posts!

19 Benefits of Chamomile Tea That Will Surprise You - Chamomile is something that I am crazy about but don't drink nearly often enough. I'm going to make a promise: I pledge to drink Chamomile at least three times a week this month. -- Just like the title says, there are SO many positive things about the stuff. From my own personal experience, it helps me to sleep on the more restless nights where I just can't seem to turn my mind off. It helps the pesky cramps during that TOM. I get these really annoying tension and sinus headaches, and the occasional migraine but HATE taking medicines unless I absolutely need to kick it quick. Chamomile is pretty much your every cure for whatever ails you! Also, it's very yummy.

Still Mad You "Only" Lost One Pound? - This pin is a little different, as it has no real link that leads to anything special, but it trult speaks volumes to me. It reminds me to be proud of every individual pound lost rather than upset for not reaching unrealistic goals. It took more than a day to put these pounds on, now it's going to take more than a day to take it off.

DIY Heart Patterned Jeans - Lauren Conrad had a pair of skinny jeans that looked EXACTLY like these a few Falls ago that I have since been super obsessed with. Because of this pin I can now make them myself... and with any pair of denim that I choose!!! Definitely look for this DIY in a future post, because I'm totally on it!

Skinny Caramel Frappucino - Uhmm.. Does this pin really need an explanation, though? I think not! But I will say one thing: Smuckers sugar-free caramel, baby! Do it up, Buttercup! ...I know I'm gonna.

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 03-01-2017 at 07:48 PM.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:35 PM   #95  

Breakfast - 2 Breakfast taquitos w/ Turkey breakfast sausage, onion, pepper, diced tomato w/ green chiles, eggs and a very small sprinkle of cheese - 14 carbs

Snack - A small, green apple - 0

Lunch - A PB&J on multi-grain bread - 25

Dinner - 2 eggs over-easy and 2 pieces of mult-grain toast and a tsp. - 20

I was supposed to make sesame chicken tonight, but I've decided to weigh in in the morning and don't want the extra salt to make me retain water. I'm so nervous but extremely excited to see the progress I've made!

Carbohydrates - 59
Water intake (in oz.) - 120 oz.
Exercise - 30 min. cardio w/ Leslie Sansone and Week 1/Day 2 of C25K (30 mins.)

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 03-02-2017 at 06:39 PM.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:44 PM   #96  

Grocery Day Breakdown!

Breakfast --

Homemade Granola w/ Skim milk

I'm going to use sugar-free maple syrup instead of the honey, and I'm going to add some other things that aren't included in this recipe:
Flaxseed
Unsweetened coconut flakes
And *maybe* some sugar-free chocolate chips!

Snacks --

Sabra's Roasted Red Pepper Hummus w/ Pretzel chips
Small, green apples

Lunch --

Grilled Turkey and Provolone Cheese sandwiches (on multi-grain) w/ maple-mustard dipping sauce
PB&J (on multi-grain)

Dinner --

Crock pot Sesame Chicken w/ Chicken Fried (Cauliflower) Rice

I didn't make this last night, because as I mentione dbefore, tomorrow is weigh-in for me!! I retain like crazy if I take in too much salt, so I have to stay weary until then.

Honey-Coriander Drumsticks w/ Side salads

My hubby's and my most favorite place to be on earth is Walt Disney World! We got engaged there, we honey-mooned there, and we plan a trip for just about every year! There's a restaurant there called 'Ohana that features a lot of Hawaiian/Asian fusion yummies. This is the EXACT recipe for one of the greatest things you'll ever taste in your life. Now, of course I'll have to lighten it up with erythritol (instead of sugar) and sugar-free maple syrup (in place of honey). I cannot wait for this meal!!!

BBQ Chicken w/ Homemade mashed potatoes and sugar-free coleslaw

Turkey Dogs w/ Onion Rings

I've been craving onion rings like crazy lately, so I thought this would be fun to make using my oat flour and a simple eggwash.

Blackened Shrimp Tacos w/ Spanish (Cauliflower) rice

And for my cheat meal, I think we're going out to this really great Mexican restaurant here called Abuelos. They're SO yummy!!

Anyway, hope you guys have a great night!

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 03-04-2017 at 12:01 PM.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:04 PM   #97  

Quote:
Originally Posted by spnfullasgr View Post
It's been a month since I began my journey into weightloss, and I have to admit, I've had a few tough days! I've really enjoyed finding things that keep me motivated, though, and figuring out how to take something not so healthy and turning it into something I can have anytime I want has been kind of a blast! -- I'm noticing small changes in my body already, but the biggest and most positive changes of all are my mood, my energy level and the self-discipline that I'm building in myself.

Here's to the next month of losing some weight/inches and never finding them again!

February weight/measurements --
Weight - (Will weigh-in this weekend after I buy a new scale!)
Arms - 13" (1" loss)
Bust - 42.5" (1.5" loss)
Waist -36.5" (3" loss)
Abdomen - 42" (3" loss)
Hips - 47" (2" loss)
Thighs - 28" (2.5" loss)

13 inches GONE!!!!!
March weight/measurements --
Weight - 186 (10 lbs. loss!!!!!)
Arms - 12.5" (.5" loss)
Bust - 41" (1.5" loss)
Waist -35.5" (1" loss)
Abdomen - 41" (1" loss)
Hips - 45.5" (1.5" loss)
Thighs - 27" (1" loss)

10 lbs. and 6.5 more inches GONE FOREVER!!!!!

Some mini (and not-so-mini!) goals met over the last month:

1.) I'm getting my confidence back! I actually am starting to enjoy looking at myself in the mirror.
2.) My positivity level is through the roof!
3.) I am actually JOGGING now.
4.) I'm noticing a lot more muscle definition. And my hubby says he is too...
5.) I've lost another 6.5 inches (19.5 combined)!
6.) I've lost 10 more pounds (28 combined)!
7.) I can decrease my water intake by 5 oz. (went from 98 oz. to 93 oz.)
8.) I have integrity during my workouts. If I think I can do it, I MAKE myself.
If I've done it before, there's no excuse not to do it again (ie: a 1 min. plank).
9.) I've achieved the ONE MINUTE PLANK!!!
10.) I'm more consistent than I've been in a very long time, and for all my progress thus far I'm extremely proud of myself.

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 03-04-2017 at 11:39 AM.
Old 03-04-2017, 11:19 AM   #98  

3/3

So today (actually, yesterday.. I was busy busy! ) was a complete success! I surpassed my 8 lb. goal and hit a big 10, and also lost several inches to boot. I was really nervous this weigh-in because I wasn't sure the cheats allowed on the weekends were working in my favor. I always make sure to only cheat on a day that I workout, or on a day that I will be able to work off the excess calories the very next morning. I also get in all of my required water and mostly eat healthily for the rest of my meals that aren't a cheat. So, if I'm correct on this whole thing, the extra calories are only working in my favor by boosting my metabolism instead of storing themselves. Isn't that how it works? I dunno, maybe I'm just making things up!

Anyway, I really needed a jolt of motivation because I was nearing the end-of-the-month empty line. I can't wait to see what the rest of the month brings me! -- My birthday is coming up on the 27th, and I know my hubby is planning something special (he won't give me any clues at all!). My birthday weight goal when I started this whole process was 30 pounds, and if I were to reach this goal my gift to myself was (and is still!) going to be this:

I'm going to get my nose pierced! And exactly like this -- A teensy tiny little diamond stud. A little nerve racking, but I'm pretty stoked about it.

This is going to be an AWESOME month, and I can't wait to shed the next bit of weight... Let's see those marbles add up! -- By the way, speaking of marbles. As you know, the weightloss jars are my March motivation project, but I'm trying to come up with something for April. Any ideas?? Let me know!

Breakfast - 2 Healthy Breakfast taquitos - 14 carbs

Snack - A Grande Caramel Macchiato w/ extra caramel drizzle - No clue!

Lunch - A PB&J on multi-grain bread - 25

Dinner - Chips and salsa, chile con queso dip and half a burrito @ Abuelos - Haven't the slightest!

Carbohydrates - 39 (+ the naughty stuff)
Exercise - 30 min. HIIT workout/Treadmill and a 30 min. Leslie Sansone YDW app workout

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 03-04-2017 at 11:22 AM.
Old 03-04-2017, 12:00 PM   #99  

Breakfast - 1/2 C. of my homemade granola cereal w/ skim milk - 20 carbs

Snack - My usual iced coffee - 5

Lunch - 2 Grilled turkey and provolone cheese whole wheat/low carb quesadillas w/ maple-mustard dipping sauce - 15

Snack - Roasted Red Pepper Hummus w/ Pretzel Chips - 24

Dinner - Low sugar/Low carb BBQ Chicken, sugar-free coleslaw, smoked sausage and a baked potato - Not really sure...

Carbohydrates - 64 (+ Dinner)
Exercise - 30 min. cardio w/ Leslie Sansone (on the YDW app) and Week 1/Day 3 of C25K (30 mins.)

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 03-07-2017 at 11:53 AM.
Old 03-05-2017, 10:45 AM   #100  

Snack - My usual iced coffee - 5

Lunch - Roasted Red Pepper Hummus w/ Pretzel Chips - 24

Dinner - @ In-laws - A hamburger, a hot dog, potato salad, spinach salad, and a small portion of baked beans
(I can't wait to work this off tomorrow!!)
- Haven't the slightest...

Carbohydrates - 49 (+ Dinner)
Exercise - Rest Day!

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 03-06-2017 at 10:09 AM.
Old 03-05-2017, 06:57 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

You're killing it girl, keep it up!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 10:15 AM   #102  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
You're killing it girl, keep it up!
Much thanks! It's definitely no easy feat, but I'm just trying to keep my eyes on that end goal!
Old 03-06-2017, 10:21 AM   #103  

Lunch - A toasted turkey and provolone on multi-grain w/ maple-mustard dipping sauce - 20

Snack - Roasted Red Pepper Hummus w/ Pretzel chips - 24

Dinner - Maple-Coriander drumsticks w/ a side salad - 10

Carbohydrates - 74
Water intake (in oz.) - 120 oz.
Exercise - 30 min. HIIT workout/Treadmill and a 30 min. Leslie Sansone YDW app workout

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 03-06-2017 at 05:34 PM.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:25 PM   #104  

.:. Weekly Round-up .:.
Week Nine!

1.) G Hughes Sugar-Free BBQ Sauces - These are by far the greatest tasting sugar-free barbecue sauces that I've come across. Kraft used to have one that I really loved, but sadly for some reason they just kind of disappeared from the shelves. These are outstanding on chicken, ribs, smoked links, you name it I've tried them all and they're delicious. My personal favorite is the hickory.

2.) Couch to 5K app - My husband talked me into making this my March fitness task. I was extremely hesitant, as I know towards the end you're running for some pretty lengthy stretches and at the time it just seemed absolutely impossible and completely out of reach for me. But I figure, why the heck not?? If I can lose nearly 30 pounds in 2 months , why shouldn't I believe in myself enough to take on a 5K? It's not only very much within my reach, it's going to happen.

3.) Twinkle Lights - Okay, this is probably going to be a very weird choice to some, but this is honestly one of my most favorite things ever! These lights bring so many feelings and thoughts of things that I love: Christmas, Fall/Winter time, the warmth of a fire on a very cold night, s'mores over a campfire! ...And they can make absolutely anything look gorgeous in their orangey glow. I've actually strung some up in my workout room because it brings me positive vibes during my workouts, and reminds me that by the time I reach Christmas this year, I WILL be at my goal weight. Surround yourself with the things you love, because it really works!

4.) Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Hand Cream - This is one of the very few products that I will forever swear by. I've mentioned before how my hands get extremely dry during the colder months of the year, to the point to where they get patchy and red... I hate it! But this lotion is magic. It doesn't overwhelm me with perfumey smells and chemically stingy-ness that most lotions come with when applied. And you know how with some moisturizers your hands can go dry a just minutes after application? This soaks in and keeps your hands soft for hours. I've even used this lotion on my feet and it works just as well. -- Though, they do have foot-specific lotion as well!

5.) Wal-Mart Brand Great Value Pomegranate Lemonade Energy Drink Mix - This drink mix is awesome! It's 0 calorie, 0 carb, 0 sodium and has a little boost of caffeine for the times where a kick in the pants is needed. There's 2 servings per packet and I kid you not, the Pomegranate Lemonade is the flavor equivalent to a pink Starburst (which is the best flavored Starburst, go on admit it). I get so tired of plain 'ol water sometimes, so it really helps me get in my daily intake on the days where I need a little oomph in the flavor department! ..Also, it's cheaper than Crystal Light!

Old 03-06-2017, 09:37 PM   #105  

Default Weightloss Countdown Update!

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 04-05-2019 at 11:28 AM.