Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 02:00 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

Terry Congratulations on your victory! I hope you get to wear your skinny clothes this week and that you continue to get to wear them. There's nothing like being able to buy a size smaller and have it fit. That's nice!
Old 06-28-2016, 02:15 PM   #107  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Hi all!

I am so exhausted. I took the kids to a little localish amusement park. It is on the side of a hill so you are always walking up or down. Lines are short so you are pretty much always moving. They were machines going 10 am to 6 pm. Between that and the drive I just crashed today. It's 11:15 and I am still in my pj's and only on my 1st cup of coffee. I need today to be a light eating day, & considering I am too tired to even get a second cup of coffee that shouldnt be too hard.

I was so busy last week I could barely skim. to all the new people!
Old 06-28-2016, 03:46 PM   #108  
Ready for a win

S/C/G: 250/213.5/130

Height: 5'2"

You guys rock. ciecie hope your power walk is/was the most powerful ever! Terry23 I would love to see your new duds, do we share that stuff here? I'm mostly on from 7-3:30 EST, just to let you know
Old 06-28-2016, 04:49 PM   #109  

went for a power walk and to run errands in a nearby community this afternoon. will go for another power walk and to run another errand on my way to a meeting tonight. will power walk after my meeting.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:48 PM   #110  

Hey All, just getting home. Worked 12 hours and the only break was when I posted this am. Whew, I had a flashback from being on call last week! Feels like I still am Congrats Jesikabeth on your loss! Erin, I am not a computer "techy" person which is why you see smiley faces in my posts)) Just picture black trousers, size 12 curvy by Worthington. Also, flowery blouses, size large. They came from JC Penny. Yes, you can post anything you like on this thread, pics, whatever, floats your boat))) Ok folk, guess what? It is raining and it is supposed to rain tomorrow. I over ate on the way home.....told you!))) I definitely won't wear them Thursday or Friday since my dressing goes downhill towards the end of the week. Most of us look like ZOMBIES by Thursday. HAHAHAHA. Many of the social workers wear agency T shirts and jeans on Fridays. I will hold on to them and TRY to wear them later in July. No sweat people. All is good in this neighborhood. I am truly blessed and grateful to be on this path. Ennay, hope you get some rest. Thanks Magistra for the kudos. I am keeping hope alive. Everyone else, have a great night.

Last edited by Terry23; 06-28-2016 at 08:54 PM.
Old 06-28-2016, 09:08 PM   #111  

power walked home from my meeting tonight. fitness goals for today have been attained. my sister and her two dogs should be here in about three hours. she's driving across country. if all went well traffic wise today, she should be between here and Cleveland by now.
Old 06-28-2016, 09:20 PM   #112  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello everyone. Just checking in to catch up on reading your posts and to say hi. It has already been an exhausting week and this is only Tuesday! It's going to be an early bedtime tonight!!

Keep up the good work, all.

Old 06-28-2016, 09:55 PM   #113  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

My energy has been low this week. I feel like I have been running hard to get everything done the last couple of weeks. This weekend is the big wedding we have to attend. I found some nail polish to match the outfit and I had a evening makeup "review" at the makeup counter tonight. I had all the colors I needed so I didn't need to buy anything. While I was at the store I bought a "patriotic" shirt to wear this weekend. My church is a very small church. At one time they had a school, soccer field, etc. There is a very large church next to us that is housed in a shopping center. The other church has plenty of money for fireworks but no area for them. We have the area but no money or many members. They asked to use our grounds and they would hire a pyrotechnics company for fireworks. So, after church on Sunday evening we will have a few finger foods, fellowship, and then go to the soccer field to watch the fireworks. While I was at the store today I bought this top http://www.belk.com/AST/Main/Belk_Pr..._Tees/KnitTops They had everything in that department marked down 30%. I also got these in the dark rinse wash: http://www.belk.com/AST/Main/Belk_Pr...80382060412465 It fun but still conservative enough to wear to church for that occasion. I have been needing a pair of capri's so it was good to find them on sale.

This will be a quick one for me.

Erin Hi and welcome!

Total Approx 1495 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 45 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (395 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 90 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Cardio Pump combined workouts w/#13

Last edited by Diana3271; 06-28-2016 at 09:57 PM.
Old 06-28-2016, 10:53 PM   #114  

Height: 5'8.5"

<B>Diana</B> sounds like you are prepared to get all jazzed up.... good for you! That is a very nice outfit you bought.

(Hmmmmmm why isn't my "bold" working? Am I missing something obvious?)

My church is involved in fireworks, too, although in a different way. Our youth group has a fireworks stand set up on the edge of the church lot, and it has to be guarded 24/7. Last year my Life Group volunteered to pull an all-nighter on Saturday night, and volunteered to do it again this year.. except we are actually two groups now (the group we were in last year invited the ones from last year to join them). We have an RV parked there which we can use for storing snacks, naps, etc. We set up tables and play games all night. We are fortunate because the leader of this group is a retired police officer so we are glad to have him there ha ha... plus he always lets the Police Department know in advance what we are doing in case there are any calls. Then very early in the morning, this couple (the leaders) fix us all breakfast on their grill which they bring. Fun but exhausting.

Oh I have to tell you this funny story of my "smart move" today. At work I keep our keys to the file cabinets in a little plastic vase on the back of my desk. Well... today I saw the keys there on my desk so grabbed them up and tossed them into the vase. A moment too late I realized they were my car/house keys -- and I have way too many keys on the ring, some of which I don't even know what are. Well... they went IN but they would NOT come OUT. Several people tried to get them out. I went to look for the maintenance man to borrow a hammer to smash the vase and met a guy in the hall who also tried to get them out. We were making so much noise shaking it that I was afraid I was going to get in trouble lol. Another guy... who is a "bud" of mine... came down the stairs and said he could hear the noise all the way upstairs. (I work in a place where we are expected to remain fairly quiet.) He could not get them out either so we went back into the maintenance guy's area and my friend put the vase into the vise and smashed it. We were laughing telling the maintenance guy we were expecting him to fix the vase (which by then was in a zillion pieces). He said "Sure... turn in a work order signed by your supervisor." Fortunately it was a cheap plastic vase that there are a lot of around the office, and my friend even brought me another one from his area so I could still keep my file cabinet keys in it.

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 06-29-2016 at 06:39 PM.
Old 06-28-2016, 11:00 PM   #115  

my fitness goals have been attained for today. my sister and her dogs got here about a half an hour ago.
Old 06-28-2016, 11:53 PM   #116  
my 1st baby "Pepe le Pew"

S/C/G: 276.8/272.2/health

Height: 5' 4"

Good Evening - all!

I have a read all the posts and I am going to try and do this by memory ---

Sundove - welcome ... hope you are doing well. for staying OP.

Inkrid - didn't see you for a bit ... so, I hope all is well.

Erin - it sounds like you have a handle on this ... ENJOY!

Terry - "the NERVE - you say" ... seriously though, I hope it feels better tomorrow!

Flower - are you hiding on us???

Magistra - I looked it up and see that they plan on starting in the fall. Yeah, it was fast, but that's typically what I do - a mini-marathon. I'm excited to see that "Suits" is starting up again in a few weeks...

Kelijpa - sounds like things are rock'n and roll'n for you. I hope the storms weren't too bad.

Misti - re the key story ... hilarious! Oh - and your bold didn't work because you used < rather than ( ...

Syckgirlsfv - enjoy the quickbook class. I'm assuming you've used it before. Borrow some of Sundove's dust to stay OP for the catered meal.

Diana - I think it's great that you are getting all decked out - H2T ... even your nails. Awesome!

Nichols - I hope things are going better for your little one concerning your MIL.

Oh and Terry - I had a friend that when I would tell her she looked great, or it looks like you're losing weight - she asked me to stop, because then she'd go eat a candy bar. So ... in the future, when I thought she'd looked like she'd lost a little weight I would say ... wow - you look like you've put on some weight! We'd laugh ... she knew what I meant. Fight those sabotages!!

Jesika - GREAT job keep up the good work!!

Those I missed -- and enjoy your journey.

Today I was down a little
WI - 241.2
Yesterday's calories - under 1300

TAKE CARE!!
Old 06-29-2016, 12:27 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

I am getting more organized now, and I made a schedule for myself today. I scheduled in exercise, meditative prayer, and sleep. I decided these were the three most important things for me to focus on.

I stood and looked dreamily at my pool today. I'm getting up the motivation. Part of my procrastination in swimming is that I have to skim the pool before I swim, especially because there are often dead bees in it. I could just swim with the dead bees but I have actually been stung that way. If I think of the skimming as part of my exercise rather than a chore, I know I will feel better about it.

Diana Cute outfit! That looks like something I would wear.

BW I like "Suits" too! I'm glad to see they are filming another season.

Misti I'm glad you got a kick out of my pool story. Your post with all the laughing smiley's also made me laugh.
Old 06-29-2016, 02:58 AM   #118  

Hi all
Its been many days since I last posted. Will post personals from most recent post. Hopefully I will get through Tuesday and monday's posts.

BelovedWarrier several days ago you asked for the recipe for refrigerator dill pickles. I am sorry, I do not have a recipe. I just would put things in a jar. I am not a good recipe person. I used garlic chopped or crushed. Celtic (or himalyan) salt and dill weed. I think more things could be added depending on what you like. EG: hot peppers and perhaps a bit of vinegar. Just slice pickles into spears and put them in tall jar. Combine cold water with the herbs and spices. Add it to the jar. Put it in the refrigerator and shake jar for 2 or 3 days. when pickles are eaten, you can add a bit more herbs and spices to the same water and put more cucumber spears in it. Because of the salt, the brine will not go bad quickly.

Magistra, great that you have come up with a to-do list. I find that is an effective way to get things done... when I actually do it. Meditative prayer is an important one for me as well. Something I do not do as often as recommended. You got stung by dead bees? Ykes, I am sorry. I wish you had a nice pool guy who would skim your pool for you.

Ciecie why am I not surprised to read that your fittness goals have been met for the day? you are an inspiration. Very exciting that your sister has driven there to visit. How long is she staying?

Misti funny story about the keys in the vase. Glad it created some amusement for the day

Diana WTG RE: the new clothes. They are great looking. Great fireworks outfit. Will you take photos of you dressed up for the wedding? If not, I will totally understand. But I would love to see you in the clothes and make up. Looking awesome !

Terry 12 hour workday? Sounds really tiring and challenging. Congratulations on your new skinny clothes. They must look really nice, if the customer in the dressing room raved.

Ennay I hope you are feeling less tired today. It all sounds exhausting

Erin great to meet you !!!

Nicholsfamily Glad you are going back to the way things worked for you. I found that once I got out of the groove of being rigid with my diet, it was all the more challenging. But I also find that a really good goal/upcoming event helps me to lose.

JesikaBeth congratulations on another lb lost. What an amazing accomplishment, all those lbs lost. You have very good reason to feel proud.

Kelijpa
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelijpa View Post
Week 3 of c25k finished yesterday.
That's so great. I am very impressed ! I just read back to where you posted that a friend passed. I am so sorry. cancer is horrifying. It strikes down way too many people. On a lighter subject, happy Anniversary on Wednesday. I hope you both do something great to celebrate the day

Syckgirlsfv nice tee shirts. Hope the quickbooks training goes well. And that they have some great food that you can eat.

Elizanh great to meet you looks like you are doing great with the food and spin class. You wrote " 1/2 turkey breakfast burrito from BJs" I wish I had a BJs where I live. We just have costco. Some people like BJs better

Chunkalunkah Beautiful cat Sorry that the scale is up. I do find that those carbs are pesky devils. You did great with the walking.

Well, my computer is running slow tonight. Something must be running in the background. Keep having to reload the page. So I will stop writing personals. I hope I got to everyone. If not...
Everyone else

My weight was down to 5 lbs above where I want to be. But it is acceptable where I am. So, I went out and bought dark chocolate covered salted caramel balls. And 2 lg apples. I need a good incentive to lose. eg going to visit my relatives. Although, I am not really sure I want to do that

I hope everyone has a great Wednesday !!
Old 06-29-2016, 05:57 AM   #119  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all!

Nice and cool this morning, it was tough to get out of bed BelovedW we had a pretty good storm, sounds like some areas got worse, wondering how the ride to work will be.

Diana your patriotic shirt is great. I got some nice ones last year after the 4th at Kohl's for cheap. ETA: I just have to say, the ad when I posted was for Belk and it was your outfit, the 2 things I looked at. Now I wonder why I get some of the onesi do

Flower thank you for the kind words. I like your reward, sounds divine.

Chunkalunkah thank you for the kind words as well.

Terry congrats on the new clothes

Nichols good job getting back on, even if it's here and there while you're so busy, it's better than being totally off.

Well, better get moving, hope everyone has a wonderful day

Last edited by kelijpa; 06-29-2016 at 05:59 AM.
Old 06-29-2016, 05:58 AM   #120  

good morning everybody! i'll exercise and have breakfast in a few minutes.
Closed Thread