Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-18-2015, 11:02 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 197/190/125

Height: 5'1"

Wow! Sounds like everyone is moving along.
I achieved Leslie's miles 1-4 last night and even survived a dinner date with friends at a BUFFET! I ate strictly what was allowed for my lean and green: lobster and bokchoy. However, I failed miserably at the "no alcohol" rule. I said no to 2 rounds of raspberry cosmos and replaced them with 2 vodka shots. My weekly weigh in is today. I hope I'll do ok.
ladyvwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 07:31 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 214/160/140

Height: 5'4

Holey Moley MsTibbles! 7 pounds!!!! That's awesome!

BeEffective - That's great that you got in all that exercise!

ladyvwj - I think the vodka shots are a really good substitute. Those sugary drinks are empty calories. I've been thinking about switching my wine to vodka, but I'm just not there yet.

I normally take my weekends off (I'll drink 2 to 3 glasses of wine, may have one dessert, and I usually don't get much exercise). But I'm trying to get back down to my 177 low and so I'm trying to keep things going this weekend. My biggest challenge today will be getting in my 10000 steps. My youngest child had a nightmare last night and the end result is I'm working on 4 hours of sleep.
Treasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 03:04 PM   #48  
Covered in Cat Hairs

S/C/G: 298/249.5/170

Height: 168cm

Treasa Thank you! I'm not expecting that every week of course, first week after restarting is usually a bit of a boost but i'm very pleased with it How are you doing with your steps today?

ladyvwj How did your weigh in go?

Scotsgal - How did you do? And how was the event today?

Doing good today although fretting about some silly things (like the amount of milk used to scramble my eggs for dinner and the calories! ) Very tired as have been up most of the past 24 hours doing an online charity event, transcribing the audio into text. My poor fingers are sore, but it was worth it

Have banned myself from the scales until my next official weigh in as I know that this week it will slow down and start to fluctuate and I will get mad

I hope you are all having a good sunday!
MsTibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 05:40 PM   #49  

Hi MsTibbles! Steps are not going well at all. I'm tired and run down. Think I have a cold and it's been in the high 90''s almost the entire day. And it is crazy humid here. (I know - waaah, waaaah, waah). I did get almost 5000 steps in before 10 am, but I've sort sputtered out since then. I pretty much just laid around and folded laundry the rest of the day. I'm going to try to finish the day with 7k. Since I normally take it easy on the weekends, I'm not feeling too bad about it.

Don't worry about the milk! It's not the milk in your eggs it's the toast that goes so well with them we have to watch! Or at least that's true for me. Sounds like you're doing the smart thing waiting another week to weigh in. 7 pounds is such an amazing amount! Do your clothes feel looser?
Old 07-19-2015, 07:21 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 243/ticker/136

Height: 5'2"

Hello! I would like to join you guys if I may! The other section of the forums I was around was not as active as I had hoped and this seems like a very active group of people!

27 Years Old
Female
Married
St. Louis, Missouri - Happy to see another St.Louisian!
Profession: Working in IT (very sedentary)
Current Weight: 237 lbs
Goal Weight: 136 lbs (healthy BMI 24.9)
Goal Loss Target: 101 lbs

I have been overweight most of my life - it didn't really hit me that I was considered obese until after college. I took pictures of my new condo to show my boyfriend and was appalled by my size in comparison. I've tried many different diets - some worked and some didn't. I've also tried lifestyle changes and have always had something detrimental happen to me in my life to throw me off. Thankfully 90% of those times I gained back only a pound or two and sometimes no weight at all - at least I know I have maintenance down to a science!

My husband and I are trying to get pregnant so I want to be healthier! No time like the present! While I don't necessarily lack confidence at my current size I would love to feel even better about my appearance - I admit I do get a bit sad when I think about the fact that I weigh much more than my husband does.

As a side note: I had a great smile over the time warp dance! Can't lie... I've done that in private more than a couple times!

Last edited by MrsClayton; 07-19-2015 at 07:25 PM.
MrsClayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 10:31 PM   #51  

Hi MrsClayton! Welcome!

I started my weight loss in February. Although I'm still on a downward trend, things have really slowed down for me. I've found a way of eating that I can live with for the rest of my life but I really need motivation to exercise.
Old 07-20-2015, 09:26 AM   #52  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Sorry I've been MIA for a while. So I know why I felt like I couldnt stop eating last week. TOM showed up nice and early So I decided not to weigh in this weekend because I really didnt want to see the dissapointment on the scale. So instead now that Im feeling a lot better (even though TOM is still around), I am back on track and ready to see ANYTHING under 300lbs this weekend. So while I did plan to be on the 300lbs mark for saturday just there, I am setting a target for 299 this weekend. It will allow me to catch up on possibly what I may have ruined, but it means I am still under what I really wanted to achieve.

This week Is all about water for me... Keeping the calories low and drinking 2ltres of water (which is nearly half a gallon) per day.

So my mini goal for this week is to achieve my water intake for each day. What your guys mini goals for the week?

p.s The Christening was awesome! So I am adding some pics for you guys to aww over

The first Pic is My nephew Joseph with his Godparents (Right obv being me).

The second being me and my neice Cadha pulling faces.

The third being me and my sister who has the two most wonderful children.

And the last one being a full length selfie just for you guys
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 09:48 AM   #53  
Determind Member

Soooo instead of it being all about mememememememe lol.

First of all MrsClayton Welcome!!!! I do try my best to keep very active on this, It really does help me out and anyone is welcome to keep this up to date and stop it from dying out like many of my other groups im added into.

Terra How are things getting on? is your 1200 cal diet still working out?

MsTibblesOMG! Well done!! That is fantastic and your dancing is obviously working well for you.

BeEffective Youre really racking up the miles here, well done and keep it up, hopefully it has been showing well on the scales.

Ladyvwj Thats great that you managed to keep control over the buffet, luckily at the Christening yesterday I was able to nibble on a few things but nothing major, just stayed clear and kept busy talking to people. And the Vodka was a better choice lol I am sure you will be able to work it off over the next few days, It shouldnt effect the scale.

Treasa How did your steps go yesterday? Youre also racking up the miles, well done. I was doing my 5k a day on the bike but my ankle has been acting up. Possibly the large heels I wore yesterday but I will be trying my best to get one 5k in before the end of the day today.
Old 07-20-2015, 10:23 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 197/190/125

Height: 5'1"

I weighed in at -1lb. Dietician said I should try to do better this week! Travel day starts today! I did squeeze in about an hour of Leslie each day over the wknd. Trying to stay on track this week & plan to use the hotel gym!
ladyvwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 10:57 AM   #55  
Determind Member

Good luck Lady, I hope you see better results for it this week.
Old 07-20-2015, 01:27 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 243/ticker/136

Height: 5'2"

I was fearful for my two days off from work to come. My last two days off I gained back 3lbs by not watching what I eat. I spoke to my husband about it thoroughly last night that I don't want a repeat of it. It wasn't his fault, it was entirely mine and he did try to tell me that what I was eating wasn't a good idea for my weightloss. I need to listen better lol.

I had a bit of a let down this week when I gained back half a pound from having a rest day after I had been on the elliptical for 40 minutes the day before. I changed up that work out by going a faster pace for a minute every five minutes. That was exhausting! I need to convince myself to stop looking at the scale so often. I got in the habit of looking every day so I could understand what I may have put in my body the day before that was disruptive to my weightloss goals. That way I could edit it out and recalibrate for the next day. Now that I understand it for the most part I need to convince myself to only weigh in once or twice a week. I may have to wean myself off of that gradually.

Ladyvwj Don't let a 1 lb discourage you! 1lb is 1lb no matter what your dietician says!

Scotsgal Isn't that how it is! People always gotta show up earlier than you expect and it throws you off! Haha I always love seeing family and friends I didn't expect but the same thing happens to me too! Just have to get back in there and get to it! I try to drink 64oz (close to your 2ltrs) of water every day too! Occasionally I miss it and I have trouble deciding if unsweetened tea counts towards my water goal.

My mini-goal for the week: 40 minutes 5x a week for workouts & stay under 1250 calories a day
MrsClayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 02:02 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 181.6/156.8/135

Height: 5'6

Start: 181.2
Week 1: 180.2

Goal this week:

Hit 20 minutes minimum at the track each day.

Explore ways to cut calories from my diet (no I didn't say commence to starving). I placed some recipe books on hold at the library to research. Mostly I need to eat foods in as natural state as possible (ie: avoid packaged food when I can) and reduce portion sizes in increments.

Continue with no snacks.

Continue eating one piece of fruit each day with dinner.

I did 40 minutes at the track on Sat and 35 minutes on Sun. Sweating was no problem with the temps in the 90's. It is suppose to be considerably cooler this week.

MrsClayton - another "show me" gal. Welcome!
BeEffective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 02:25 PM   #58  

Scotsgal- thanks for the christening pictures. They're great and you are really beautiful!

Ladyvwj- phooey on that dietician! A pound is great! One pound each week would be more than 50 pounds in a year!

MrsClayton - those intervals will kick your butt! My elliptical's broken right now so I've been doing my steps outside. And it's hard too because it's stinkin' hot right now here in southeastern Pennsylvania. It's "only" in the high 90's but the heat index is in the 100's.

My mini goal is at least five days of 10k steps. I sort of had a mini goal last weekend which I easily met. The goal was to not have any dessert or wine over the weekend. I was thinking about maybe doing the same thing this weekend but I only have so much control over our weekend social situations. This last weekend was easy as my husband and I didn't have to see any other couples. And if I were more motivated I could just say no to the wine and ice cream no matter the situation but since history has shown that I can still lose a few pounds each month even if I have wine and dessert on the weekends, my motivation is very low. On the one hand I'd like to lose weight NOW but on the other hand I don't want to pass up the opportunity to enjoy the here and now.

Last edited by Treasa; 07-20-2015 at 02:26 PM.
Old 07-20-2015, 02:45 PM   #59  

BeEffective - I've been avoiding the packaged food too. Except frozen veggies. I'm eating more of them than I have at any other time in my life. Oh, and I still eat two slices of Arnold honey whole wheat bread every day. That's the most processed thing I eat. I don't foresee a day where I could ever give that bread up. How about you- how clean are you eating?

The only fruit I really eat these days is avocado. I find most other fruit makes me hungry. It has the same effect for me as nutrasweet and sugar. It's a shame too because as I've begun eating healthier I actually LIKE fruit now. As opposed to before when I really just liked chocolate chip cookies! I guess apples don't so much make me hungry but I only eat them if I'm having a rare sugar craving. (I sometimes get the sugar craving the day after I've eaten a dessert, which is typically a brownie ice cream sundae or a chipwich).
Old 07-20-2015, 03:08 PM   #60  
Covered in Cat Hairs

S/C/G: 298/249.5/170

Height: 168cm

Treasa Bless yah - i titotally don't blame you, I don't do well in the heat at all. I do my exercising at night! You did really well to get 5k steps in , well done! Keep it up and stay hydrated!

MrsClayton Hugs and welcome! It's excellent that you have mastered maintenance, that's definitely a coveted skill! Best of luck and keep us updated!

Scotsgal Yay, so great to hear from you. I'm glad you had a lovely time and you look gorgeous too! I think that your choice not to weigh was quite sensible. I'm not sure I would be self controlled enough but then i'd upset myself

ladyvwj - I know it doesn't seem like a lot, specially when people like your dietician downplay it, but think of it like that's one lb you're never going to see again - one lb that's now not holding you back. I'm still too new to post links, but if you do a google image search for "only 1lb" there's a pic that will show you how much that is. Well done

BeEffective Awesome set of goals! Good luck!

My goals for this weeeeek...

Step up the exercise. More time warp! I'd like to do something more "official", you know, like a proper class or the gym. Ideally i'd love to swim, but it means another daunting 6-month gym contract as its like £5 a session otherwise!!

Keep eating at a consistent level. I've done 8 days now eating at 1200 calories and I'm doing well. Cravings have been manageable, because the love of being in control is stronger at the moment, thank goodness It feels empowering whereas before it felt depriving. I hope that sticks around.

My sister wants to join weight watchers (she's a featherweight compared to me ) and I was thinking of maybe doing the same, more for the support and the proper scales and tracking than anything. I'll just keep doing what i'm doing, but I'd have that more formal aspect to it. I'm not sure. We'll see.

I hope all of your mondays have been as good as mondays can be
MsTibbles is offline   Reply With Quote