Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-22-2015, 06:10 PM   #91  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Mrs. Clayton and Amber ~ Welcome to the group and the forum
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 05:45 AM   #92  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

MsTibblesI hope weight watchers works for you!! I did it a few years back and lost about 14lbs on it in the first few weeks. But they had me on far too many points and after about 3 weeks, I started to platau and they told me it was because I wasnt eating enough. I was stuffed!! I honestly couldnt fit any more food in my mouth during the day. My mum kept going though and lost about 30lbs. It worked really well for her.

Treasa I really like bread too and its my absolute downfall. I do my best to have like 2 slices max a day, but I could easily eat half a loaf lol. The stirfry sounds great!! But my brother hates stirfry. So I would needs to make two meals again. Its an absolute nightmare, always something they dont like. Our meals consist of Pasta, Fajitas, Breaded chicken with veg/beans, a rice dish (Curry/lemonchicken/sweetandsour). Or I buy them Chicken nuggets or similar and I have a salad. But the salad just isnt in season just now. Last night I had a baked potato though with tuna and cottage cheese which was nice

Everyone! I hope you are all doing well..... I have the plumber for the bathroom in today again, so hopefully he wont be long and I will be able to go into town and have a weigh in Im a bit nervous that im not on track at all, but the only way to find out is to go and check I suppose.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 08:02 AM   #93  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

Height: 5'8"

I'd love to join you guys if you'd have me! I'm all about daily accountability.

My Stats:

33 Years Old
Female
Long Term Relationship
Where: Beantown
Profession: IT services
Current Weight: 156
Goal Weight: 135
Goal Loss Target: 1-2lbs/week

My story:
About 4 years ago, I was 250 (or more... I stopped weighing myself.) I got out of a bad relationship and into a couple good ones (the best being the one I'm in now!) and I decided to lose weight for me. I started boxing and running and finally started losing. Now I'm a bit stuck after regaining 10 pounds from the winter and never letting them go. I took a new job in the city in June and walk about 5 to 6 miles a day (11k to 15k steps a day) so let's see if that helps! I ran my first 5K this past Sunday and that's about it for info about me! Hope you guys need a newbie in the group, I'd love to join.

Edit: Oh! I should add that I use MyFitnessPal and have a Fitbit ChargeHR.

Last edited by Thousandsunny; 07-23-2015 at 08:08 AM.
Thousandsunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 08:48 AM   #94  
will it ever stick??? lol

S/C/G: 283.6/236.8/155

Height: 5'6

welcome thousandsunny! Wow that's great that you've been able to keep that weight off for so long
Amberkkski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 08:56 AM   #95  
Determind Member

Hay Thousandsunny Welcome!! Always room for a newbie.

So Girls I went to those dreaded scales today for a quick update..... I Put on 3lbs?????

I have no idea how that works out? my resting BMR is roughly 2100-2300 depending on the website.
I havent been over that at all since I weighed in 12 days ago. In fact, I havn't been over 1500 this week so far. TOM can't be blamed coz its now gone, Is my water challenge ruining my weightloss??

This was a total kick in the nuts
Old 07-23-2015, 09:08 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 214/160/140

Height: 5'4

Welcome Thousandsunny! I feel honored to be in your presence. You've lost so much weight and you've kept it off!

I love Boston. (BC class of '88). My job transferred me to Philadelphia in 1991 and here I've stayed. For years, I thought I'd be moving back to Boston as soon as I paid off my student loans and saved up some money. My happiest days as a single person were all spent in Boston.

Then I met my husband, a native Philadelphian, and so I embraced living out my days in Philly. Yo! It's not so bad. LOL At least our winters are milder. But summers here really are God-awful.

Scotsgal - Please don't sweat it. I do weigh myself everyday so I think I have a different perspective. The advantage to doing the daily weigh in (for me anyway) is that I can see how little relationship there is between my immediate behavior and the scale. I hit my 177 low the morning after 3 glasses of wine and a brownie ice cream sundae. I haven't been that low since. I've been doing everything right and not a single dessert type food or glass of wine has crossed these lips in almost two weeks. There hasn't been a single day I've gone over 1700 calories. If experience is any guide to the future, sometime in the next couple of weeks I'm going to get on the scale three days in a row and see loss, loss, loss. And then the number will creep up a bit over the following few weeks, but at that point I'll be solidly below 177.

Last edited by Treasa; 07-23-2015 at 09:23 AM.
Treasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 10:19 AM   #97  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for the warm welcome! It's great to find an active thread with so many diverse people.
Thousandsunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 10:22 AM   #98  
Covered in Cat Hairs

S/C/G: 298/249.5/170

Height: 168cm

Thousandsunny Hello and welcome! Wow @ your weight loss and maintenance, that is truly awesome. We would love to have you!

Scotsgal I'm gutted for you, but remember that with what you have been eating that is very unlikely to be a fat gain! It could be as simple as your breakfast was still in your stomach or you were wearing a heavier clothing than last time or you had a full bowel and if you're drinking more water, then you could be retaining it. I know that doesn't help much though, people say that to me when I have the same experience and it doesn't feel very convincing But its true <3

My scale has started to drop again Though I don't want to jinx it by saying that *touches wood* After losing that 7lbs it stopped for a few days and even went back up a few times, but today I was down half a pound on my last weigh in weight. Definitely think I wasn't eating enough and confused the **** out of my metabolism. Ate 39/44 points yesterday (about 1480 cal, I tracked that too) and today i will creep it up to 41ish, don't want to do the whole 44 straight away. My weigh in day is now Tuesday anyway, so will try to stay off the scale until then.

everyone and I hope you have an awesome Thursday. The weekend is in sight...!
MsTibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 10:33 AM   #99  
Gettin' Healthy!

S/C/G: 265/258/140

Height: 5'4"

Hey ladies! Mind if I jump in here?

28 Years Old
Female
Married
Philadelphia, PA
Profession: Graphic Designer
Current Weight: 231 lbs
Goal Weight: 140 lbs
Goal Loss Target: 91 lbs

I have been overweight since being a child. The lowest weight I ever reached was around 165 when I was 16. I then gained 100 lbs and 265 was my highest. Dropped down to 195 about 5 years ago and now I am back up to 231.

I have been trying to live a more natural life for a few years now so I've been changing out my cosmetics and beauty products as well as switching to organic foods and cutting out things that are processed. Doing that you think the weight would just come off but no organic ice cream will still keep you overweight!

My husband and I are pretty active. We like to do a lot of outdoorsy type things but I do feel recently that I am too out of shape to enjoy them fully. I have been walking and some other random exercising to try and get back into shape.

What are we checking in about? Does it change weekly? Is anyone on MyFitnessPal?
Firecracker777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 12:09 PM   #100  
Determind Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firecracker777 View Post

organic ice cream will still keep you overweight!
Comment of the week right here lol This really had me giggling.

I use myfitnesspal....

My sister wants me to go to the doc and have my thyroid checked so I use it to kind of prove that I dont over eat and that my 304lbs weight on my size 18 (USA) Body doesnt make any sense (no im not hiding rocks in my pockets although I wish I was).

I track everything, Not always the water I take in But I like to use it to see how many calories ive burned while training and to try and stear me towards eating more protein.

Treasa & MsTibbles Thanks for the kind words. I know that it is possible that its a mixture of things going on. My height on the machine was slightly off so I am hoping that It just needs calibrated and not that I actually put 3lbs on in 12 days after loosing 4. I think I might need to go back to the soup challange I put myself on. I think because we dont have much money Im spending too much on bread. Not that my app is showing anything but I can tell im eating too much bread.

Just obviously difficult when Im only a few weeks in to be put off so quickly. But with your support Ill dust off the dirt and soldier on. Hopefully next week will show something much better.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:12 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 214/160/140

Height: 5'4

Firecracker - Glad to see another Philadelphian here! This summer, I've spent a fair amount of time hiking down to Valley Green with my 3 sons. I also have switched to as natural a diet as I can afford. I know I'm a broken record, but all that Diet Coke was killing me! And water is so much cheaper!

Scotsgal - Bread is cheap! And delicious! Put some butter and salt on it and it's pretty much Heaven on Earth. I eat two slices of Arnold brand Honey Whole Wheat bread every morning slathered in Kerrygold butter. Can't imagine giving it up. It's probably my favorite thing I eat all day. And truth be told, I'd like it even better if it were white bread, which I've basically banished from our home. Anyway, unless it's the weekend, I don't eat bread any other time anymore.

I don't know if you have them there but here we have these Wholly Guacamole individual 100 calorie packs. The fat in the guac fills me up and keeps me full. It's really the perfect snack for me - I eat it as a dip for no more than 8 organic tortilla chips for a total snack of about 200 calories.

I know you're kind of stuck with what your mom buys, but maybe if you can get to a store and have a little money, it might be worth your while to get some guacamole or avocado. It doesn't sound like the rest of your family will eat it if you put it in the fridge. It's amazing how filling the healthy fat of an avocado is.
Treasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:22 PM   #102  
Determind Member

I LOVE AVOCADO! Its really expensive mind because its not so popular over here, to the point where buying Guac would be a treasure hunt. Its the one think I miss about working in America. Youre right, no one else touches it! But I cant seem to make it last? Like If I put half in my salad at lunch time, it will be horrid looking my dinner time, and thats it all wrapped up and in the fridge as well.
Old 07-23-2015, 03:24 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 178/156/150

Height: 5'8

Hi all,

I hope it's okay to join in late. I don't have much to lose, the last time I weighed in (which was 2 weeks ago), I was at 166lbs (almost 10lbs gone since march!). I'm 5'8 and want to get to 150.
The biggest thing keeping me back right now are occasional binges. This week was bad- I binged 3 days in a row last weekend and again yesterday. I'm not sure if this is from undereating other days? I'm getting a scale this weekend though, so I will be able to monitor my progress better.

BW: 166
CW: ?
SGW (by the start of the semester): 160
GW: 150
H: 5'8

I have one more semester left of my undergrad. I'm studying plant biology/biochemistry and visual arts. I've been working on my senior thesis (or, trying to- it's tough during the summer!), but have been mostly kept busy with my internship. I'm looking forward to going back to school- I miss classes, friends, and the general town, and I am so sick of where I live right now!

Anyway, I eat mostly vegan, other than local eggs on occasion. I enjoy going on hikes or to the pond, and nature in general. I've been jogging since the summer started and, since I don't have a car, bike a bit too.
I have a pet bunny, and... yeah
RetroRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 03:44 PM   #104  
Determind Member

WELCOME RETRORABBIT!!

Having a different schedule than usual is off putting a lot of the time. I have my degree but by June I should have my honours degree. I wasnt able to find an internship this summer, In fact my plan was to travel and stay with a friend in Poland for the summer. But I fell in my sisters garden playing with her kids and I had a suspected hairline fracture in my ankle. That really messed my plans up.

Do you feel that when you go back to School you eat healthier? work out more?
When do you go back? End of August?
Old 07-23-2015, 04:15 PM   #105  
Gettin' Healthy!

S/C/G: 265/258/140

Height: 5'4"

Haha it should be my mantra for evertime i go food shopping!

Scotsgal - Oh interesting. Have you made any appointments yet? I follow a blog called WellnessMama and she has thyroid issues and has a lot of articles on helping it naturally.

I believe I have PCOS. I had my levels tested and my DHEA was the only thing elevated.

Treasa - I actually live in the suburbs west of Philly. We like to go walking in Valley Forge. Very pretty and lots of hills! Giving up soda was one of the best things we did! We switched to coke zero for awhile but then my husband started getting really bad stomach pains and that is when I started reading about aspartame and from there we kicked the soda. Once in awhile I'll have a root beer or a sprite but very rarely.
Firecracker777 is offline   Reply With Quote