Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 10:08 AM   #46  
Hot Stuff

Default Day THREE

Off to a good start! Workout done - 30 min. treadmill, upper body workout, ab work, pushups (they are hard!)

Eating light today because we are going out to dinner tonight.

redballoon, how cool that you have a horse! I'm an animal lover of all kinds. Very nice that you are doing something good for your horse to share your birthday. Congrats on avoiding those Ritz crackers!

Eydie, so just how good was breakfast?

Amarantha, if I may be so bold as to interpret redballoon's comment on the temptations of the city...you will NOT be tempted!

Where is Scooby?? You should be finished your first challenge!
Old 08-07-2003, 11:02 AM   #47  

Default BIRTHDAY UPDATE

WILD FIRE HAPPY BIRTHDAY Wahooooo
They say its your birthday, its my birthday too along with Redballoon same month different day!

PARTY.... Yippee wahoo....
Any other august birthdays?

Ok finished my first 21 day challenge.....and its time to start the next one...still exercise a half an hour....and try to lose a pound a week. Today is going to be a food struggle....im feeling it in my bones.

Ok all....on with our goals....we can do it!!
Old 08-07-2003, 12:38 PM   #48  
Empress/Queen

Wildfire, NOW I get it!!! Thanks!!! Sorry, RB, didn't mean to be defensive!!! Just braindead as usual!!!!

Walked an hour on treadmill, came home to work, fell asleep and realized I have to work tonight again, so am off to shop!!!! Yowza!!

to all for these great reports!!! Let's keep going!!! Wowza!!!
Old 08-07-2003, 12:42 PM   #49  
Empress/Queen

Yowza!!! Forgot to say to the birthday people!!! Have a banana!!! Or two!!!

And, just realized that the Scooooooby person HAS FINISHED HER 21-DAY CHALLENGE!!!!!

Scoooooby!!!!

You did a great job!!!
Old 08-07-2003, 04:30 PM   #50  
deleted2

Happy Birthday, Wildfire! Make a wish....

And since you asked, breakfast was divine this morning. we met a friend of ours at a local park this AM and walked 4 miles, and then went to coffee shop and I had a bagel and cream cheese---I smuggled in spinach, peppers, and onions to add to it. One of my favorite breakfasts ever! And then followed it up with an apple to get all those glue-y bits of bagel out of my teeth. I love getting in some fruit and veg first thing!

One thing that I'm finding distressing is how quickly it all adds up to 1500 calories! Oh well, that's life!

Wow! We're doing so well! Keep going, Lovelies!

Old 08-07-2003, 11:39 PM   #51  
Empress/Queen

Eydie: Your breakfast soundeth delicious. I know what you mean about the calories seemingly adding up quickly, but when the body adjusts, that stops being a problem, IMO ... so hang in, you're doing great!!!!

My report for DAY FIVE!!!

1) Eat no more than 1750 calories per day? Yes, calories: 1750!

2) Practice at least one good weight management lifestyle behavior (GWMLB) daily? Yes, GWMLBs: Parked further from Wally World than I REALLY wanted to, then walked around Wally World for an extra long time before actually buying the items I needed! After gym wanted a sausage McMuffin w/egg (450 cal), but came home and had a lf BBQ sandwich (my recipe, 210 cal)!

Beam me up, Scotty!
Old 08-08-2003, 02:27 AM   #52  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Hello everyone,

Checking in here on Day 18 and MY BIRTHDAY!! Back from riding. Took off work. Just couldn't stand to be there on MY DAY! Yeah!! And I'm doing OK. No sugar. My present to myself was a bath and shampoo, tail and all for my horse. Don't know if she enjoyed it but she sure looks beautiful!

Torrential rains from an approaching typhoon had me drenched on the walk (40 min.) back to the train station from the stable. Now back home and going to resist those sweets. Today and yesterday I really missed them. Those ice cream cones (what do you call them? they're like Dairy Queen cones, soft, out of the machine?) well they're there at the top of the stairs of one of the subway stations I come out of and boy are they tempting. They're one of my favorites. But no way am I breaking this run on Day 18. Thanks for being there

**Oh, Amarantha, sorry about the misunderstanding. But really, don't be silly, of course I wouldn't think you're boring or that you're supposed to be entertaining us!!! I meant that the post was interesting and that those temptations were NOT temptations. Jeez, and here I'm supposed to be a writer?! I figured you wouldn't have misunderstood though since I went on to talk about your cool insights. Great GWMLBs. I love the idea of all these people walking around stores and parking lots. Now that is dedication! Keep it up. You're leading us all on the 2nd block!

**Wildfire, thanks for the comments. Yeah, horse is cool, very expensive. All my money goes for her upkeep. I haven't been out of Japan in over 2 years, scrimp everywhere so I can pay for her. The club went to the owner system so I had to co-own or leave and the instruction is very good so I stayed. I have to get up at 3:30 and 4 and so in the summer to get out to the stables since they're way out of Tokyo but once I'm on the train I'm OK. It's that horrible moment when the alarm goes off . . . Oh, yes, and thanks for stopping Amarantha from careening off on her path of misunderstanding.

Really, please, all, I would NEVER say something nasty. I can't even imagine saying something NASTY. Remember I've lived in Japan 20 years and one thing you just never are here is NASTY (at least on the outside).

***scoobysnacks, a very big congratulations for you!!! How are you feeling about the fact that you are now a 2-blocker? How did the food struggle go today?

***eydie, are you there and doing OK? I love the idea of smuggling in those veggies for your bagel. You rock!

Last edited by redballoon; 08-08-2003 at 02:33 AM.
Old 08-08-2003, 07:21 AM   #53  
deleted2

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, REDBALLOON! What are you doing for yourself today!

Old 08-08-2003, 08:49 AM   #54  
Empress/Queen

Yowza! Here I am at Day 6. I'm going back to bed for awhile, likely will trade working today for working tomorrow as I have a bad headache. Very full from breakfast and realizing body is adjusting to the better calorie level. This challenge is great!

RB!!!! I did belatedly get your meaning thanks to the intrepid Wildfire, but knew you wouldn't say anything mean anyway! Glad you are with us here!!! Have a wonderful birthday!!! Japan sounds like a wonderful place.

on the 18th day!!! You'll be at 21 before you know it!!!

A bad thing about parking way, way far from the store is I can't buy ice cream ... it's tricky to buy ice cream in Arizona anyway, especially in the summer ... even if you put it in one of those freezer bags in the store ... but if it takes 10 minutes to walk to your car, you can forget it! But I'm willing to trade that for getting healthy!

Eydie!!!

And to all, mentioned or unmentioned!!!! We are all heading for success in this challenge!!
Old 08-08-2003, 01:54 PM   #55  
Hot Stuff

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, REDBALLOON!!

I'm sure your horse appreciated the beauty treatment!

Eydie, you sneak, you! I can just see you pulling veggies out of your purse!

Amarantha, you just have to eat the ice cream on the way to your car...er...ummm....I mean, you don't need no stinkin' ice cream anyway!!! Yeah, that's it.

Scooby, how is it going?
Old 08-08-2003, 07:58 PM   #56  
Empress/Queen

Ah, gentle Wildfire, it's just not effective to eat ice cream in the sun when the temp's 115 degrees and one is schlepping across Wally World's sticky asphalt desert with the heat bouncing off a sea of parked cars. No dear 21-day comrade in arms, it is MUCH more genteel and nice to go shopping in an air-conditioned mall and eat one's ice cream at a table whilst watching the local folk prance and dance about their daily time-killing rounds, following the cold dessert with two Godiva chocolates.

The above more or less describes my day as I had to go deliver some photos and didn't feel like coming home to work (will do it tomorrow, Scarlett). However, I am oddly enough still good to go on my calories and having two carb control shakes for dinner (a couple of hours apart). I really felt I was going to blow the challenge today ... making some life-altering decisions and then there was the bookstore and the shortbread cookies and little praline things ... hard to believe but after putting it into Frenchdiet (my diet software), I'm only at 1630 WITH the shakes I'll have later. Guess this is my report then, so the GWLMB's were: 1) Masses of walking at said mall and in the parking lot ... it's a different and bigger mall than I usually go to and there were NO close parking spaces, so got LOADS of GWLMB karma; 2) cleaned house an extra 30 minutes this a.m.; 3) went to gym late in day even though I feel very burned out and planned not to go, ended up going in wearing just jeans and sandals and did some upper body work, so think this qualifies as a GWLMB, the stopping in for a quick workout in jeans part.

So unless I have a binge later, which seems highly unlikely as I'm not at all hungry, I'm on my way to DAY 7!!!

Avanti!
Old 08-08-2003, 08:18 PM   #57  
deleted2

My big accomplishment today was getting up really early and getting in a 45-min. workout before my dentist's appointment. I LOVE to do something aerobic first thing in the AM. Really sets the tone for the day!

Yeah, Wildfire--I just take in one of those purse-like insulated lunch bags and spread it out bold as brass! [One of the advantages of being 40! ] And the next thing I'll be smuggling in is my fat free 1/2 and 1/2. I just read in my book of food counts that when I add regular 1/2 and 1/2 I'm adding about 8 grams of fat and that's a little hard for me to swallow! Good thing I don't go out much--it's alot of planning and packing!

Old 08-09-2003, 01:43 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Howdie Howdie everyone! Happy Birthday to RedBalloon! I'm so glad to see that Amarantha has made another challenge. I did the halloween challenge and the turkey day challenge then dissappeared! But I am back and in full force...If I start tomorrow, my 21 day goal will be on the 30th of this month...am I too late to join?
Old 08-09-2003, 02:42 AM   #59  
Empress/Queen

Hotsplashes!!!! Yowza, you are back!!! Nope, you are never too late to join the 21-day challenge, because we are all on different days!!! Looking forward to your post tomorrow!!!!

My data held and I'll be on Day 7 in 19 minutes. Gotta go to bed. Must do the paying writing tomorrow!!! Yowza! It'd be so great to have another half pound loss this week, but if it's a gain or a maintain, I still will forge ahead with the 21, as I'm in steady state now!!! :
Old 08-09-2003, 08:24 AM   #60  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Thank you all for the sweet birthday wishes!! I haven't had so many in years and years!! You helped make it a great day and even today although it's already the 9th here.

I am on Day 19 and just did the bike. No sugar either. Bought vegetables on the way home from work and just juiced them and am drinking that. I used to always make fresh veggie juice but had gotten away from it. It's messy and a hassle to clean all the juicer parts and I have to stop once through to empty the thing. But I did it and I know it makes my eyes shine!!

I get tired of people saying I don't look 44. I mean, what amI supposed to look like! But I think all the healthy food I eat helps. HOWEVER, it's too much food! Anyhow, onward to Day 20. I'll be a 2-blocker soon. There is NO way I'm not getting there now.

*** Amarantha, congrats on your first week (almost). Hope you're feeling better and are into the "paying writing." What other writing do you do? That is amazing how great you've been doing on your 2nd block. All that walking and the gym, cleaning. Wow! I've got to kick up a gear here. I admire your steadfastness to stick to it whatever the scale may bring. I hope it's a loss though for you. This is my biggest sticker, the scale. It just doesn't move and then it goes up even though I'm thinking it should be down. I know muscle weighs more and all that but it's so frustrating that the numbers have stayed in this area for so long. I'm going to have to learn to be a lot more consistent with the food intake I think. Maybe I can think of something good for a second challenge that'll bust me through the barriers.

****Eydie, fantastic job with the pre-dentist workout. Now that would be tough. Kicking anxiety in the teeth you are!! Oh, tell me about the advantages of 40! I love it. I turned 44 yesterday and I do have to watch the things I say a bit perhaps. I mean, I always said what was on my mind but now there's a lot more things up there and maybe I shouldn't say just ALL of it. Hmmm. Keep up the stealth vegetables!!

***Hotsplashes, welcome!! Wow, interesting name. Brings all sorts of things to mind! Turkey challenge, Halloween challenge, mysterious too! Yup, like Amarantha said, we're all on different days and counting. Some of us (me in 2 days) are on the "2nd block" as our leader Amarantha calls it. What's your challenge going to be?
Closed Thread