Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 10:32 AM   #61  
Empress/Queen

Yowza!!!

Sorry, Eydie, I meant to add a double for the predentist w/o ... I HATE the dentist (not personally, but professionally!!) ... you are brave and dedicated to sublimate your anxiety in a healthy way!!!

RB: I replied to your pm awhile ago ... mentioned some of the "extra" writing I'm getting into for fun and profit!!! Please don't worry about the scale ... with your long period of good weight management behavior, the scale will eventually go to where you want it to be and stay there ... the scale is a DEMON, but can be managed, methinks.

I personally feel I may be up this week ... dunno just feel like but I SHALL IGNORE THE DEMON'S LIES and wait for better things!!!

My GWMLB for today is a strange one and may seem counterproductive, but I am forcing myself NOT to go to the gym. It is not in the interest of GWMLB to be so burnt out and overtrained that my knees hurt and I view driving to the gym and seeing the people there in the same vein as I would view a root canal (thanks for the dentist reference, Eydie) ... I will exercise gently at home during work breaks, speaking of which ....

Currently, Day 7, Block 2!! Woo-hoo!!!

Old 08-09-2003, 12:29 PM   #62  
deleted2

RedBalloon, You're inspiring me to maybe buy a juicer. Whenever I have fresh carrot juice, it's such a rush, like all the cells of my body are screaming "Thank you!" Hmmm, maybe I should pay attention to such things?

HotSplashes, I remember you! Great to 'see' you again! What's been happening since your last visit? Hope you're back to stay!

Amarantha, enjoy your day of rest, Wise One!

Got up this morning and did 2 half-hour bellydance videos. Not dance per se, but bellydance drills. Good to give the old hips some exercise! Will do upper body workout and yoga later.

Since my body is reluctant to release weight, my doc advised making breakfast my biggest meal of the day, and dinner the lightest and not to eat 2-3 hours before bed. Anybody have any thoughts on this?
For the last 2 weeks, I've stopped eating at 7:30 at the latest and the quality of my sleep has improved.

Old 08-09-2003, 01:16 PM   #63  
Empress/Queen

Yo! Just stopping in to see how it's going! Sort of writing up the school BORED and did 20 minutes of light walking on my "hall treadmill" ... will do more later.

Eydie: Re eating light at night, it seems to help with how I feel and sleep as well. Dunno about the weight part, with all due respect to your doc, I firmly believe and think current studies show that it doesn't make much difference as long as overall calories are where they should be, e.g., what we don't burn off at night, we'll burn eventually, as long as there continues to be a calorie deficit ... guess where the night eating problem seems to come (IMO) in is that certain people habitually binge at night after rigidly controlling it during the day when they are busy, so at night the stress kind of hits you in the face and with a lot of people that's the only time they have to be alone and "relax" ... so they start eating and can't stop ... especially if they've been food deprived all day and not satisfied with their meals ... then they get thinking about how far away breakfast is and how stressed and hungry they are and the result is a binge ... anyway that's my understanding of the night eating syndrome and is what used to happen to me. One way I've solved this is to tell myself that after midnight (which is when I reset my eating clock each day, as I have a strange schedule and don't always know how my nights will go and often am covering something at 2 a.m. or writing), I can have a light snack, usually it's a low carb, low calorie shake. I count the snack calories with breakfast the next day, so I'm always only a few hours away from relief if the night eating demon strikes.
Old 08-09-2003, 05:26 PM   #64  
deleted2

Thanks for the response, Amarantha! I was just looking thru my most recent food journal and it seems that I was taking in 200-300 calories at night just by random snacking--so maybe I'll get some results by eliminating that---I hope, I hope!
The thing with me is, I've been at a plateau for YEARS! I'll lose a few pounds and then they'll reappear. I'm just not where I want to be. There's no physiological reason that I can't get down to my goal weight of 135 pounds. I think it's my old fear of success; I'm working really hard on believing that I can actually lose the weight.
And speaking of that, I've lost 1 pound this week, that's 2 pounds in 12 days. It'd be nice if it were a 5 pound chunk but I'm not complaining!

Old 08-09-2003, 06:39 PM   #65  
Empress/Queen

Eydie for those two s released into the stratosphere!!!!

Are you sure we're not twins separated at birth? I've been at the same plateau (plus 10) for years as well ... and my goal is 135 ... I don't know if there's a physical reason for mine, other than I'm older than you ... I also know that until the 21-day challenge, I was not controlling calories consistently as I did when I lost the initial hundred. We both exercise, although mine has slowed way down this week since the trainer is gone ... hope I can learn to do this on my own as I'm not inclined to pay her for the rest of my life ...

I think definetely if you eliminate at least 200 of those extra night calories, you'll see the difference ... it's consistency that's going to get us to 135!!! Think if you ate just an apple at night (100) and then effortlessly took out the remaining 200 calories over the, what, nine days left in your challenge? That's 1800 calories that you say is just random anyway, not your meals. That's more than a half a pound in a week, which eventually will show up on the scale if you don't replace it. As long as you are getting enough calories, which I know you well enough to understand that you will indeed eat enough healthy food, this is a wonderful bonus, that you were able to identify that extra half pound!!!

Hooorah, how can we fail to reach that glorious number with attitudes like this?

I gotta go back to work!

Let's stick to the plan for the remainder of the Wicked, Wicked Weekend!!! Beam me up, Scotty!
Old 08-09-2003, 10:05 PM   #66  
Empress/Queen

Day 7:

1) Eat no more than 1750 calories per day?
Yes, calories: 1745!

2) Practice at least one good weight management lifestyle behavior (GWMLB) daily? Yes, GWMLBs: As planned, had a day of rest from gym, but walked for 20 minutes back and forth, back and forth on my “hall treadmill” and also cleaned house an extra 10 minutes, twice!

ON TO DAY 8!
Old 08-10-2003, 12:16 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Day two of 21 day challenge...ate well....but had cheesies...Saturday nites are my treat nite. So a few cheesies are ok with me. Not like I ate the whole bag!lol

Thanks to everyone for the hearty welcome. I joined the bootcamp thread...noone has yet to say hello...so I'm sticking with my favorite Amarantha Camping unit! Kinda feels like Girl Scouts all over again!lol

All you ladies are doing so well! Redballoon if they say you don't look 44....take it as a compliment!!! I never get told I look 40...I always get late 20s...Can't wait to get back to a size 8 so I can start dressing like someone in their late 20s!!lol

Have a great weekend ladies and I'll pop in Tomorrow!
Old 08-10-2003, 12:41 AM   #68  
Empress/Queen

Girl Scout Hotsplashie for your excellent work on DAY TWO!!!!

Does this mean we get to eat S'mores and gossip around the campfire all night?

Size 8, here we come!!!
Old 08-10-2003, 10:18 AM   #69  
Hot Stuff

Day 6!

Welcome back, Hotsplashes!

I've decided I'm going back to counting WW points. It's worked in the past for me, so I'm giving it a go again.

It's hot here already! Hate to think what it will be like by afternoon. Plan to steam clean my living room furniture, so glad I have indoor plans today.

Eydie, congrats on the loss!
Old 08-10-2003, 12:17 PM   #70  
Empress/Queen

Yo! Great work on reaching Day 6, Wildfire!!! Good luck with your points counting; it's always a good idea to use what you know works for you, methinks!!!

Demon Scale was true to form today and showed a half pound gain. After weeks and weeks of half pound loses, I absolutely knew this was going to happen. This is just the way my body has decided it will shed the weight now. I sort of view the uppage as a plus ... my metabolism is fighting me because it knows I intend to lose this weight. So, I'm entering Day 8 feeling great and next week it'll be worth the wait 'cause I'll drop that weight!

Old 08-10-2003, 06:59 PM   #71  
Empress/Queen

Lightbulb Crash, bang, zam, powie!!! Challenge done, back to Day One

Well, I should have seen this coming, but the half pound gain seems to have set me into a downspin! Result: streak ended at approximately 3:53 p.m. Not sure why but my ability to sustain exercise and calorie control seem to have just gone away today. Plus, this was the last day Krispy Kreme will be sold in my local supermarket, except in big boxes, which I will never buy, so I bought two KKs for the road. I am just hungry!

I am starting Day One over again tomorrow on a new challenge. It's going to be a long workday, so I'm posting my challenge now, but like it in a separate post, so am calling this a wrap! Bye-bye little challenge! You almost made it to Block 3, but it wasn't to be!!!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 08-10-2003 at 07:12 PM.
Old 08-10-2003, 07:19 PM   #72  
Empress/Queen

Default Monday, Day One

Ok, dokey!!! Pretending it's Monday and all the Sunday bad vibes are just blown away in a bubble and AMARANTHA is BACK!!! See her, she's back!!!! Monday is Day One of my new challenge, which is thus:

Eat no more than 1750 calories per day! Hooray!

That's it?

That's it!

P.S. I edited this Sunday night, meant to stick to the 1750 number. Wildfire, ol' pal, thanks for your supportive words!!!! I'm used to crashing and burning, so am up for starting over. This is kind of good because I think my body needed a high cal day. Also by starting a challenge on Monday, I move my ending day to Sunday, which is my weigh-in day, which makes sense. Ok, bye!!!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 08-10-2003 at 10:45 PM.
Old 08-10-2003, 08:36 PM   #73  
Hot Stuff

Sorry to hear you crashed, Amarantha, but we won't dwell on that!

Pick yourself up, brush yourself off...and start all over again!

You can do it!
Old 08-10-2003, 10:53 PM   #74  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

OH NO! Amarantha, I'm so sorry to hear of your crash. Yes, those gains are awful to take. I thought you were going to get past it but, oh well, it's just one day anyhow. LIke Wildfire says, just pick yourself up and start over again! You can do it!

I'm on my last day of the 21! Yesterday was tough for the sugar because I was at a friend's party but I did NOT touch any sugar. Hurrah! And I lifted weights and jogged at the gym earlier in the day as well.
Old 08-11-2003, 07:41 AM   #75  
Empress/Queen

Red Balloon on your DAY 20!!! Just 24 to go!!! Yowza!

Wildfire:

I'm not upset about my crash, feel like it's going to work to my advantage. Gotta run, too much to do today!

To all, mentioned and unmention, have a great day!!! Hope to hear how everyone's doing today!!!! Wowza!!!
Closed Thread