Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2003, 09:49 PM   #16  
Empress/Queen

Default Day 1 be done, comes Day 2 o' the new!

Day One:

1) Eat no more than 1750 calories per day?
Yes, calories: 1655!

2) Practice at least one good weight management lifestyle behavior (GWMLB) daily. Yes, GWMLB consisted of parking the car further from Wally World than I normally would. Bonus: Did some lowballing and took a second shopping trip when I really preferred to lay on couch all afternoon and read. Editing to add a late-night 10-minute walk (because I'm restless) on my "hall treadmill" ... e.g., from kitchen to living room, down the hall, into front bedroom, make circle, back to kitchen. Used to do tis all the time when I didn't want to go outside (it's hot and too late at night). Now that I'm back working at home more than newsroom, I need to stay active. One time a day at the gym isn't enough. A successful GWMLB day.

Red Balloon on your navigation through deadline with only sugarless gum!

to AB ... hope you enjoyed a bit of cake!

I'm ending my eating day and moving on to Day 2!!! Woo-hoo! That'll be Block 2, Day 2, woohoo!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 08-04-2003 at 02:44 AM.
Old 08-04-2003, 07:03 AM   #17  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Thanks for the congrats. Yeah, that was a tough one last night. I don't even want to look at what I sent off last night because I was so tired. I have a feeling it read horribly!

Closing out on Day 14 here. I'd even taken my things to work to go to the gym afterward but they were closed! No problem. Got in and rode the bike. Now it's into the shower and then some down time. No sugar, Yeah!!

Final week, here I come!

Amarantha, I see you've changed your avatar a couple of times. Having trouble deciding on a new image?
Old 08-04-2003, 07:49 AM   #18  
Empress/Queen

Yo! Here I am at Day 2 o' the new!!! Getting ready to go to gym, may be back a couple of times today!

Red Balloon on your last week!!! You're doing great and will sail through the next seven with flying colors!!!

Re: Avatar, I toggle back and forth between them periodically just for a change. Noticed someone else on the support forum had the running on inches one, so switched to this one, which I think is nice!

Apple Blossom:

Later!
Old 08-04-2003, 03:02 PM   #19  
Empress/Queen

Hmmm. This group is dwindling!

AB are you there?

RB, I spoke with you earlier, but hi again!

Anyhow, this is a mid-Day 2 report and I'm still in the running. Will report, report, report, tonight!!!

THE ORDER OF THE 21-DAY CHALLENGE SHALL GO ON!!!
Old 08-04-2003, 03:15 PM   #20  
Hot Stuff

Hail, Empress!

Tomorrow is my kick-off for combat mode so I'll join you on your 21-day challenge at 06:00 hours! Battle plans are being laid in preparation!

Old 08-04-2003, 03:17 PM   #21  

Day 18 and i finished my work out for today! Very happy! Glad i found u!
Old 08-04-2003, 04:43 PM   #22  
deleted2

Hi Amarantha! I'm enjoying Day 7 of "good behavior"! I've always had a soft spot for counting up the days. Here's to 21 and beyond!

I've gotten really serious again about losing weight--that is, serious in a fun way! I went to the doc last week and found out that I weigh 5 pounds more than I thought.
Am I being honest about my food intake? It's so easy for me to succumb to emotional eating, maybe I've been overdoing it? So for now I'm back to weighing and measuring and counting calories--the bare bones basics! I'm going for 1500 calories per day. My big revelation has been how quickly it all adds up to 1500!!!
My workout today was doing 4 miles on the treadmill [58 minutes], and a 30 min. upper body workout. I'll probably do some yoga stretches tonight.
Another thing that I'm doing is I stop all eating at 7:30. Let's just say that I'm rediscovering hunger! Burn, baby, burn......

Old 08-04-2003, 04:47 PM   #23  
deleted2

Oooh, forgot to mention that the good news is I've lost one pound in my first 6 days.

Old 08-04-2003, 07:22 PM   #24  
Empress/Queen

Talking Yo!

Yahoo, woo-hoo and yowza, we have Wildfire in full battle mode, Scoooooby on Day 18 and Eydie a pound down and six days into her 21!!! I'm having fun!!!

for all of us!!!! Yowza!!! Zowie!!! I feel energized. Thanks, guys!!!!! I'm reporting my day 2 early as calories are eaten and I have another story to finish that'll take me a few hours AND I intend not to eat anymore tonight. Eydie that not eating after 7:30 p.m. is a great idea. It just saves a bucketload of trouble! If I cave and slide back to day one, I'll let youse guys know!!! Woh!

Day Two:

1) Eat no more than 1750 calories per day?
Yes, calories: 1730!

2) Practice at least one good weight management lifestyle behavior (GWMLB) daily. Yes, GWMLBs: Walked briskly around gym parking lot for approx. 15 minutes before gym opened (late as usual) rather than stand and talk to people. During work (at home), took walking breaks and did occasional pushups to stay mentally alert without junk food.
Old 08-05-2003, 07:59 AM   #25  
Never give up

I've done it, am through Day 15. Just a bit more and it's into bed. I just cycled too. It was hard today. It was so hot and coming out of the subway an ice cream cone looked very tempting but I never would have eaten it. It just looked good. Thanks to all your support it's really kind of easy. But that said, I never would have been able to get this far without having this site here so I guess then it's not as easy as it sounds.

I'm glad to see some people are back. I thought just a few of us were left.

** Wildfire, welcome aboard! What is your challenge?

** Scoobysnacks, where have you been? Fantastic that you're on 18. Has it really been that long? What was your challenge again? Was it the halfhour workout? late night walks and walks in the rain, right?!

** Eydie, already 7 down! Yeah! Ah yes, emotional eating, I know it well, boredom, anxiety, excitement. You name it, I can stuff it in. I too am feeling like getting in shape again. I think this 21-day challenge has given me a boost of confidence every day, each day I make it through. It's a great inspirer. No eating after 7:30 p.m.? Wish I could do that but I know I wouldn't make it. Too hectic a schedule. I'd be pigging out before the deadline. Power to you. That's a toughie. And congrats on the pound loss!

** Amarantha, what strength you're exhibiting. Walking around the gym lot instead of standing around gabbing. Yes!! Awesome. And walking breaks and pushups even at home. That's fantastic. You too are an inspiration. I'm thinking of really turning my exercise and eating on its head. It's about time. I used to be an exercise nut but for the past year or more I've been sloughing around. I think it's time to let it rip again.

** Apple Blossom, where are you?

Good luck to you all! Onward to 16!

Last edited by redballoon; 08-05-2003 at 08:05 AM.
Old 08-05-2003, 08:33 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 145/132/115

Height: 5'2.5

Hi there!!!

I was just reading your post and it sounds like such a wonderful idea. I am coming back to this way of eating just starting today. I never really gave up, just decided to give it a rest for awhile, partially because i think in the past I have always pushed myself too hard when trying to lose weight. But your mini goals sound totally attainable and easier to implement in to my life.

I am starting a 21 day challenge today! I am counting up to and no more than 1600 calories, give or take a few. Walk at least 4 days a week. More water. I'll update more later, but im late for work.........gottttta run!

Cyndy
Old 08-05-2003, 08:37 AM   #27  
Never give up

Welcome aboard cyndy!!

Day 1 and counting!!
Old 08-05-2003, 10:49 AM   #28  

hi all

Awesome job everyone!! Yep my challenge is a half hour of exercise every day or nite...lol. Meaning walking at the wee hours of the nite...11:30 pm to squeck by my challenge..or walking the supermarket to avoid the rain.

Red Balloon i would love to try your challege but it seems to hard. I dont know if i could give up all sugar except fruit. That is way to hard. i will start trying to cut down on my surgar.

Amarantha, healthy goddess, all mighty of the calorie counter...you are rocking awesome. You have such discipline....

cyndy you can do it. Small accomplishment = large ones. So its my 19th day. I have to wait for my 21st day to start my new goal. I know what i want to do. I want to work out a half an hour day and lose a pound a week.

Let me just complete this goal and i will start on thursday with my new one.

Its my birthday soon..august 15...and im turning 30 and its scary.
So i would like to feel healthy for my 30th birthday.

Talk to you all later
Sheryl
Old 08-05-2003, 11:05 AM   #29  
Empress/Queen

Talking Yo!

Guess I should mention again that if there's a strange one-letter post from me up there, it's because I can't get to the reply screen (privacy software won't let me use it) and want to write on the edit screen instead.

Except now I can't see everybody's posts, but I do recall there's a new camper in the vicinity!!! WELCOME, CYNDY!!! I apologize if I spell that wrong, 'cause as I said I can't see your post right now!!! I'll get it right next time!!! Glad you are here, though!!!

and to all, mentioned and unmentioned, who've rallied here in the past few days!!! I appreciate your being here more than I can possibly say!!! Collectively we must be racking up humongeous (sp?) amounts of 21-DAY KARMA that will cause those pesky extra s to just drift right outta here ... for any that don't have pesky extra s but just want to maintain or stay fit by changing a habit (which can happen after 21 days), that's so cool, too.

My early report last night held and I'm on DAY 3 (yep, that's me!!!)!!!!

Ok, avanti all! I need to call an editor as a tremendously exciting thing just occurred on one of my beats!!! Should be a fun day!!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 08-05-2003 at 11:14 AM.
Old 08-05-2003, 11:16 AM   #30  
Empress/Queen

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SCOOOOOOOBY-DOOOOBY-DOOOOO!

Have a banana!!!

Have two!!!

Closed Thread