Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 07:39 AM   #16  
funny mummy

S/C/G: 166/150/130

Height: 5ft 6"

154 this morning
Old 10-09-2014, 03:19 PM   #17  
Food and Wine Lover

S/C/G: Goal Weight: 125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valmorel View Post
So I went out for dinner last night and even though I made smart choices for my meal I am up to 160 today. A bit annoyed, but I'll just keep on plugging. Still no chocolate, maybe I am unkowingly overcompensating for it, but I'm in this for the long haul so it will take as long as it takes. Happy to have cut out soda, chips and chocolate so far.
When I eat chips now, I get massive heartburn. When I want chocolate, I eat the most bitter dark chocolate I can find so that it kind of turns me off...and for soda, I replaced it with Pellegrino sparkling water, it was the carbonation I liked, but it has zero calories.

Any idea how you are overcompensating? When I gave up overindulging in wine each night, I started to overcompensate by drinking way too many sweet decaf coffees. The sugary taste gave me the same feeling of warmth and comfort that I got from the wine, but I wasn't saving any calories. That was hard for me to control, still is, but like you said, it's for the long haul so we have to manage it somehow!
Old 10-09-2014, 04:09 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 203/197/145

Height: 5'5"

Hello ladies! It's been several weeks since I last posted but I am still stuck in the 150's. I have been sick a lot lately due to gallbladder issues and I just got back in the gym last week, after about a 3 week break. I have been giving low carb a shot for about 3 weeks but I only seem to maintain, which isn't so bad. At least I know what program to follow once I'm back down to goal.

I weighed in this morning at 155.4, the lowest I have been able to get to is 153 but I just can't seem to stay on track.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:35 PM   #19  

S/C/G: SW194/CW144/GW140

Height: 5.10

152.4 today and yesterday. Seems like my normal trend. Do a drop inweight and then go up some in weight. I've been tracking my daily weigh in and it is a zigzag pattern. But as long as there's more downs, I got to keep positive.

Something I started recently. I add 1 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa to a banana smoothie. It really tastes good and the cocoa is only 10 calories. Might help with chocolate cravings.

Valmorel - I think that you went out for dinner might be the clue. Even with smart choices, it seems like most restaurants add to much salt. You most likely have water weight. It should be gone in a day or 2.

Shamac - hope your gallbladder issues are doing better.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:59 AM   #20  

Chardonnay thanks for that, I look forward to getting to that place! I think I'm overcompensating by generally bigger portions. Not 100% sure. Will keep an eye on things. Down a bit today to 159.1. I'm hoping I can make one habit at a time and make it stick while keeping the rest of my diet similar or natural changes and in time I'll get there in a way i can maintain.

Star I use a cool app called happy scale. It works on a 10 day moving average and gives a trend line and stuff so while I weight each day my only focus is what the trend is doing. It's going down, ever so slowly. But it's a cool app have a look and see if it will work for you.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:01 AM   #21  

Good to see a few others on the thread!

Shamac hope the gallbladder is ok now!
Old 10-10-2014, 02:01 PM   #22  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

152 this morning. I'm holding steady anyway...we are dealing with a terrible loss yesterday and though I don't over eat in times like this, I tend to over drink. A very close friend of my husband's was shot and killed yesterday, leaving behind 5 kids - one of which is a toddler. It's such a blow to us all as he was a great guy. He may have looked strange to people that have never seen him or didn't know him (covered in tattoos and piercings) but he was always the nicest person and very respectful. 42 years old. I feel awful today.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:06 PM   #23  
Food and Wine Lover

Sorry for your loss Syckgirlsfv. That's horrible.
Old 10-11-2014, 09:27 AM   #24  

Syckgirlsfv - sending prayers

153.8. Up again. Don't know why so I will blame it on hormones. But will admit that I haven't drank as much water as I usually do. I will try and up that today.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:23 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 203/197/145

Height: 5'5"

Syckgirlsfv so sorry about your loss.

I'm finally down today at 153.7 not as much as I'd hoped but I'll take it. After being off track for a minute, I expected a big drop in water but it didn't happen. I also should drink more water but some days it's really hard for me to get it all down. I will try to do better this week.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:24 AM   #26  

Syckgirlsfv so sorry for your loss, how terrible!

I'm the same at 159.1. Had a lovely day kayaking but we went out for lunch and it was clearly msg and salty as anything so not expecting much tomorrow.
Old 10-12-2014, 06:13 PM   #27  

154.4. Up again. But it's my fault. I had pizza yesterday. Kept telling myself 2 pieces and i went over. The funny thing was that it wasn't tasting as good as I hoped. Since I wasn't getting that taste satisfaction, I kept having another slice hoping for something good. I know it sounds silly but this is why I need to avoid pizza for now. Makes me wonder if the pizza really was that bad or if my tastes changed. The pizza still smelled really good.

On the positive, I know that I have mostly water weight from the sodium. I ate more then normal but definitely not more than a pound or 3500 calories. But my motivation is high after my slip up, not going to hold me back.
Old 10-12-2014, 06:40 PM   #28  
Food and Wine Lover

Hi Hiddenstar, pizza...I love it. Honestly, since I started to make it at home from scratch, I can't eat the frozen kind anymore - it tastes like cardboard. And I find that restaurant pizza is too greasy, it gives me heartburn. My bf and I make it healthy at home and it's all I can eat now. The homemade dough is great, it's very filling and stops me after 2 pieces. Good thing that you didn't let it get you down!
Old 10-13-2014, 01:11 AM   #29  

159.3 so not as bad as I expected. Out for dinner tonight, will try and make good decisions.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:51 AM   #30  

153.4. Yay can finally say down. I really drank the water yesterday and kept everything in control.

I made this deal with my DH. He wants to attend this study group which I am really not into. I told him I would go but only if he loses weight. So kids and I will weigh him weekly, if he's down then I go with him. Don't know if this will work or eventually upset him. He still believes getting on a bicycle once in a while will overcome his really bad diet. I told him I would like him to lose 30 pounds. He could easily lose 80+ so I don't think it too hard especially since I lost 40 so far. Just hopes all goes well.
Closed Thread