3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   The NEW getting out of 150's (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/299670-new-getting-out-150s.html)

hiddenstar 10-04-2014 09:52 AM

The NEW getting out of 150's

We hit 500 posts on the last thread so I started a new one before they start bugging us on it.

Valmorel - :carrot: Looks like you got a nice whoosh from tom. Sounds like you have a fun weekend plan. Enjoy!

151.8 Looks like tom decided to take a little more. :) I love getting to these new lows. I got the typical weekend plans - driving kids to their different activities. At least, I think that I got my weekend eating under control. I decided to give up pizza until I reach my goal. Maybe after avoiding it for awhile I can limit myself to only eating 1 or 2 pieces. I use to be able to eat an entire large pizza - probably enough calories for 2 days. :o

Valmorel 10-04-2014 08:47 PM

Ooh new thread!

I'm at 157.8 again so the little woosh is over but happy to have stayed the same. I didn't eat any of the canapés last night as once I start I can't stop! Had a lot of fun though. Met a cute guy at outrigger yesterday, he's an ultra marathon runner (running was my passion till I messed up my leg) so we have quite a lot in common. And he's tall dark and handsom with blue blue eyes, doesn't hurt he's funny and intelligent either. It's like cute guys are suddenly everywhere lol not complaining! On the ferry to kayaking and looking forward to it!

Star pizza is a weakness for me too can't stop at 2 slices either. I'm hoping once I get control over food I can truely eat anything in moderation. Moderation and patience are two great attributes which I currently lack and am working on.

Have a good weekend! Hope you can squeeze in some shopping ;-) how old are your kids?

hiddenstar 10-05-2014 11:19 AM

Moderation is my downfall also. When I was younger, my mom used to brag how much I could eat. So I think I used to try harder to eat more, not knowing the damage it would cause later.

I have learned that green tea is my best friend now. I have read that it helps with weight loss and has no calories so I decided it couldn't hurt to drink it. I have since learned that it controls my appetite. Anytime that I start getting hungry, I have a cup. It really is helping me stay within my calories. I tend to have 3-4 cups a day now.

Woohoo! Meeting cute guys and getting good exercise - I think you found a great incentive to keep going.

My kids are 14, 12 and 11. My one son has been my biggest incentive. He is super athlete. It kept making me sad that he was doing things that I no longer could do. Now, I can keep up with him or surpass him in some activities. I know there will be a day that he will leave me in the dust on everything but I'm sure going to delay that day as much as I can. :)

Valmorel 10-06-2014 12:38 AM

So it's like the scale is broken 157.8 again... But today begins my next change which is no chocolate, and to say it's been a chocolate free for all in the last 2 weeks is an understatement haha so maybe the scale will start to move again in the next few days! Looking forward to it. Two weeks without chips is a really good feeling though, and a while without soft drink. Feeling satisfied with the small dietary changes. At some point they will start to add up I guess. I'm working on patience haha

Was super fun yesterday. Established hot kayaking guy is only friend material, but he's cool and we might go kayak through some caves at the geopark next week so it's all good! New active friends is a big goal for me at the moment, too many of my friends I just have eating/drinking relationships with from my partying days, and it's nice to see them but I need more active friends too.

Star, you have lost a lot of weight from your starting point and not far to go to goal, gonna be able to keep up with your athletic son for a lot longer coz of that! Your kids must be so happy that you can be more active with them! Pretty impressive you have done so well 3 kids must keep you in your toes! I struggle and it's just me I have to worry about haha

I hope someone else joins the thread soon before you leave to the 140's it'll be a bit weird posting to myself! I should use it as motivation to get to the 140's ASAP too haha

Have a good day!

Chardonnay 10-06-2014 01:19 AM

Hi everyone,

I just posted in the 40's thread, I'm back from a long hiatus. AND...since I posted last Feb, I gained 15 pounds from 139 up to 154, sigh. Too many reasons and excuses but I'm motivated now!

I really want to be out of the 150's by the end of October. In fact I'm challenging myself to lose my first 5 pounds in the next 10 days...yeah, it's a hefty challenge, but I'm restarting my 5:2 diet plan tomorrow and getting back on the exercise wagon.

I need a major whoosh to keep on track, good luck everyone!

DLS1 10-06-2014 10:17 AM

Hello star, Val, and Chardonnay, I'm still here, but I haven't posted for quite some time as I've got stuck at 153. Who knows why? Same thing happened to me at 171, but all of a sudden after SEVERAL weeks of no scale movement, boom 168. Here's hoping. No TOM whoosh for me though, I'm 51 now, and I have NO idea when my next TOM will happen, or if my last one was my absolute last one. :( I am progressing nicely, however for someone who's (peri)menopausal, so mustn't complain (too much) LOLZ

hiddenstar 10-06-2014 12:19 PM

152.0 up a little bit but that's ok. We ate out yesterday so it probably is sodium/water weight

Dls1 - welcome back. it's so frustrating to be stuck at a number. I've done it many times. Good luck

Chardonnay - welcome. Hope your stay is short and you get back to the 140's soon. :) since you are restarting, you might have a big water weight lost coming. I have a goal to get to the 140's by end of October also. Hope we can do it together.

Valmorel - good luck with the chocolate change. Nothing wrong with having hot kayaking guy as a friend. Besides he might have a hot friend that could be more. Good for you to make active friends. I'm doing it on my own which is hard. I really wish dh would get healthier. I get worried about his health. It is nice being the "cool mom". I use to be cool just for being good at video games. Now I'm at a higher level cuz we do stuff. I do smile when I hear about the other boring moms.

Chardonnay 10-06-2014 11:06 PM

Hi DLS1: I'm pre-menopausal, same as peri? I'm 46 and still on the pill for endometriosis, my TOM are random too...the hot flashes are killing me at night!!! Complain all you want!! When I initially lost a lot of weight, I got stuck in the 160's for months, it was frustrating as heck.

Hi Hiddenstar: Thanks for the welcome. I really hope to be out of the 150's in the next few weeks. I shouldn't be this heavy considering I lost so much weight previously...I'm kind of ashamed of myself. But I'm not giving up now! Good luck, we'll get there! :)

Valmorel 10-06-2014 11:52 PM

Yay, nice to see some additions to the thread! Welcome DLS1 and Chardonnay!

Chardonnay, no point in being ashamed of regain, you caught it before too long and are going to sort it for good this time around.

Ok so I have never stayed at EXACTLY the same weight for 4 days before (nearly the name for way longer though haha). So 157.8 again.

Hiddenstar, it's always good to be the cool mum! That's awesome! I guess in time your husband might come to decide to lose weight himself after seeing the changes in you and your lifestyle. I think that must be hard, being concerned about someones health and being excited about your progress and wanting to help them do it too. Here's for hoping he comes on board sooner or later as he wants to be the cool dad =)

Are there any groups around you could join? Exercise is more fun in a group, by myself it feels like it should be called exercise, when I join a group or team to do something it feels more like playing haha :D

hiddenstar 10-07-2014 01:27 PM

152.0 again and it is a happy surprise. Yesterday, I wasn't sick but just didn't feel right. So I Ate alot more than usual. I was preparing for a sodium overload.

Valmorel - with my time schedule and the kids. I really don't have the time to join a group. Not sure of any in area. Plus, not to sure how dh would react to me joining a group. I have had to do some reassuring that even though my body is changing that my love isn't. So for now I'll just play with the kids.

Chardonnay 10-07-2014 06:15 PM

Well, I did my Tuesday weigh-in and I'm down 1.5 pounds to 152.5.....so close to the 140's I can TASTE it!!!

Valmorel 10-08-2014 12:00 AM

Well done star and Chardonnay!

My scale finally decided to move, alas not in the right direction. 159.5 today... No idea why, but not going to worrie about it and just keep going. Hoping it's an anomaly.

So far so good regarding no chocolate, day 3 now and I went to grab a chocolate bar with lunch just habitually and put it back. Makes me realise how much I eat badly out of habit rather than real desire. At some point the changes have to add up, I guess just not yet :-)

Star, sounds like a good plan, I mean as long as it is working for you and your family then that's the most important thing! Playing with your kids sounds fun too!

Chardonnay 10-08-2014 01:11 AM

Valmoral, I used to eat mindlessly. I would open a bag of chips, a big bag of M&M's and a bottle of wine while watching a movie, and after the movie, the whole thing would be gone. Now, even when I wake up I automatically go for the bread for toast and the Tassimo for coffee...but I had to break that habit because if I eat first or sit down to coffee, I won't work out. It's all habits, but sometimes they are really strong to break, I still don't feel right sometimes if I don't have coffee first thing when I wake up. I don't NEED it immediately, but my mind is used to the ritual I suppose. Congrats on putting the chocolate bar back!

Syckgirlsfv 10-08-2014 11:50 AM

damn I guess I've gotten behind! FINALLY the high holy days are over with and now just need to finish with the audit here at the temple, and maybe I can get half a break! :dizzy:

151.6 this morning. I've been eating and drinking more like I'm in maintenance these days, so it's time to step up my game and get in to the 140's!

Hiddenstar - DH and I drink so much tea these days! We make a big batch and put it in to bottles to keep in the fridge for ice tea. Green tea and also Red Rooibos. Good stuff :D

Valmorel 10-09-2014 12:50 AM

So I went out for dinner last night and even though I made smart choices for my meal I am up to 160 today. A bit annoyed, but I'll just keep on plugging. Still no chocolate, maybe I am unkowingly overcompensating for it, but I'm in this for the long haul so it will take as long as it takes. Happy to have cut out soda, chips and chocolate so far.

Thanks Chardonnay, looks like it's working for you!

Have a good day ladies