Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 10:39 AM   #76  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/197.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

shr1nk1ngme, I had some Passover crisp once that I can't seem to find that were tasteless but they worked as a filler. I would spread the same things you mentioned above on them to make them edible . I am willing to try anything healthy at this point.

Hooray for YOU and Danielle, both of you will be moving to the 160's soon, The only way for me to join you sooner than later is to get to the gym more often just need the money and gas to do it
Old 12-18-2013, 10:59 AM   #77  
Finding Myself Again <3

S/C/G: 230/215/200

Hi there! I would like join in, if that ok

I started my weight loss journey in July...have lost a little over 50 pounds. I find that it's getting harder and harder to loose...especially with Thanksgiving and Christmas! haha! It is so hard to battle all the fatty holiday treats! On top of Christmas we have multiple family birthdays where there will be plenty of food and cake so it's just gonna be a loooong couple weeks haha!

Well as of today I weighed in at 178.6...feels like I have been stuck between 178-179 for forever...but I'm trying to just happy that I'm not be gaining. Well nice to "meet" you all and I look forward to working towards the 160's with yall!
Old 12-18-2013, 11:41 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 206/172.4/130

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Tadaponce!

Hey guys, sorry I missed yesterday, had an awful headache that made it hard to look at a screen. Weighed in at 173 today. I am thinking of lowering my caloric intake to 1300 or so (net), as what I am currently doing seems not to want to work! Will post more later as headache still going. to all!

Danielle - I have a collie who looks like Lassie! She is 3 and is my best friend, follows me everywhere

Gym - I didn't eat so well yesterday as I didn't feel well. I can relate!

Rennie - doesn't look like I'll be leaving the thread for awhile!

Gwen

Last edited by Gwendolyn213; 12-18-2013 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Added some stuff
Old 12-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #79  
~Rennie

tadaponce to the thread and the decade. It seemed that way for me also with 178-179 now I'm stuck at 176.8-177.4. Not much further along but I believe this is where I'll be through December for sure

Gwen sorry about the headaches, hope it goes away soon I think it may just be low calories and water weight for you. The scale will move back down for you when you feel better, I'm sure
Old 12-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #80  
Hi, I'm Danielle!

S/C/G: 208/Ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Jitterfish good luck with whatever you decide to choose with your goal weight, I'm sure it's amazing to see all your hard work paying off and it's probably feeling good to be healthy!!!

Rennie - I think you're smart for deciding to skip your cheat day so you could snack a little on your christmas celebrations, I'm going to try my hardest to be good. This is why I think I'll be in this decade for longer than you think ;]

Gwendolyn - Collies are gorgeous! I understand what you say when you say they're your best friends! My two dogs are attached at my hip for the most part.

I weighed in this morning at 174.0 !!! I couldn't even believe it <3 but today is major cheat day, so we'll see where I end up this morning. Though I did wake up and do 10 mins on the treadmill then two minutes of squats and lunges, and then another 10 mins on the treadmill. :] And am planning on getting something done this evening when I go home, too. So we'll see.. I'm almost too afraid to weigh in tomorrow morning. I'll scream if I'm back at 176. :| oooor worse!

Last edited by Savemykissesx; 12-18-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:38 PM   #81  
~Rennie

Danielle I think today I had one of my worse eating days in a long while, worse than Thanksgiving. I have been wanting birthday cake and ice cream, so tonight after church I went to Food Lion and I got it. The whole family sat down like it was someone's birthday and we had cake and ice cream. Earlier I had a bunch of mini vanilla wafers and then after the cake I ate some hot cheeto fries (only what one of the boys left in the bag) he should have ate that little bit .
I'm not expecting a loss at all … possibly a two pound up. But I will go to the gym with one of my sons who's out of school for winter break so I will work it off … prayerfully
Old 12-19-2013, 07:35 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 225 / 177.2 / 140

Height: 5'4"

My weekly weigh in was 177.0. That's only 0.2 pounds since last week, but better than nothing. I just have to work harder this week.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:44 AM   #83  
Hi, I'm Danielle!

S/C/G: 208/Ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Rennie, you got it! I am glad you enjoyed your cake and icecream and hope you atleast enjoyed it smartly (if that's a word) I had two brownies and another cookie yesterday - it's so hard with all this holiday celebrating. I am promising myself that I'll do better for christmas, I swear I will! How'd you do this morning for your weigh in?

I weighed in this morning at 174.8 so only .8 more than yesterday which isn't bad AT ALL considering all I ate, but I did do TWO separate work outs yesterday. I did my little workout in the morning and then I looked up on youtube a bootcamp class and did 30 mins of that, it was pretty interesting and I was proud of myself for sticking with it, haha. You should check out some of them if you can't get yourself to the gym.

I am debating on joining work out world here, where they actually have classes, but I feel like I need a buddy - someone to come with me, you know?
Old 12-19-2013, 11:19 PM   #84  
~Rennie

gretel you're right it's better than nothing or better than me going backwards. Keep up the good work, your efforts will pay off

Danielle I don't know if I enjoyed it smartly or not . I honestly don't think eating it at all was smart but I wanted it and my brain wouldn't allow me to stop thinking about it. I even nibbled on a piece today but my son actually finished it. … I also ate 3 shortbread cookies so I have got to get a grip on this for the better before it grips me any tighter. I have decided no more cheats until Christmas eve at my cousins house and I am going to have to think sensibly then. HOW ON EARTH CAN I GET TO 175 BEFORE CHRISTMAS IF I HAVE NO CONTROL? 175 isn't hiding from me, I'm running from it … full throttle, smh I was up .6 to 177.6 this morning. But I did get to go to the gym this evening and burned 612 calories, during my 4.16 mile walk. So maybe that will give me a no gain instead of an up on the scale Danielle I don't like the stuff on tv/dvd, I get bored with it fast and it's probably because I want someone to do it with me . My 9 year old tries but she is just as uncoordinated as her Mommy so she has me cracking up watching her try to do the moves. The funny thing is she can dance unlike me but she just can't watch someone do something and keep it going, idk. I'll get it together … I hope I can make tomorrow a great day
Old 12-20-2013, 12:14 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

Wow, I'm so happy to see this thread on here!!

I've been off 3fc for a really long time and apparently have gained 8lbs since then =( sad, I told myself I would be at least 165 by my bday which is next Friday and now I won't, but I'm trying to focus on getting these 8lbs off.

I feel like I'm always "starting over", what plan/calorie limit do you guys stay on? I did Dukan and lost a lot of weight, but I'm so sick of it that I can't seem to go back on it 100% so I'm wasting food, money and time when I could be doing something more productive.

Any advice? You guys are so motivating on here! These threads are what keep me going
Old 12-20-2013, 01:09 AM   #86  
Vegetarian low-carb

S/C/G: 185/131/120

Height: 5'2"

I do best on a modified Atkins plan, with alternate day calorie cycling. I don't have to buy any "special" foods, but I find I do have a few favorite items which help me stay on plan. Overall it's a lot more affordable than the plans where you have to buy their food.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:22 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 206/172.4/130

Height: 5'6"

Heya Hhm6,

Welcome! I don't follow an eating plan really, I did an Advocare 24 day challenge (my stepsister sells for them). I don't buy into the supplement thing at all, but for me it was a nice way to get back into eating right. For myself based on age/weight I have a goal of net 1300 calories a day, meaning I eat back calories I've burned after exercising. I also have a thyroid issue and some other medical stuff so that is taken into account. I've only been back myself since November 4th. I do like Advocare's smoothies in the AM, but a smoothie with a
Protein powder is just as good. So, I'm not advocating any particular program.

Basically I try to get a good protein in AM with fruit (berries) and almond milk. Snacks are in season fruit in the AM. Loving cuties right now! Then for lunch a protein and veggies, if I am being good, lol. Then for dinner protein and more veggies and small serving of quinoa. Cut out all soda, most dairy (but I eat Greek Yogurt sometimes), and....sugar. Failing at the sugar bit as I do like Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa in the evening. Also include Olive Oil most days or Coconut Oil if I need a treat. I drink a lot of water but I put Mio in it which is prob just as bad as soda.

However, I have plateaued, today weighed in at 172.2. Most likely due to my current obsession with no eating a proper lunch and going for cinnamon chex. *shakes fist at evil Chex*.

I can empathize with the eating bad thing. Earlier this month I bought a huge bag of gluten free candy (my mom has celiac and I live with her so I eat GF to support her, she is very susceptible to any cross contamination, so that makes it a bit easier not to buy cakes and stuff). Anyhow I ate the whole flippin bag in two days. I recorded it! But that likely caught up with me.

My sis in law announced today she has lost 50 pounds in 18 months! Yay! I am so happy for her but in a small horrible way I am jealous. She has a pretty perfect life. Sigh, I hate envy. It is so wrong! My brother and her have a McMansion and two adorable kids, tons of income, and loads of friends. I have, errr, well, I have a dog! Lol!

*edited* I do need to add that she is one of my favorite people in the world and she is truly an awesome person, and naturally she has problems, and she has been through a lot of horrible things! I would feel bad not saying this.

Anyhow this post was meant for all, please pardon my rambling.

Gwen

Last edited by Gwendolyn213; 12-20-2013 at 01:28 AM. Reason: See post thx
Old 12-20-2013, 03:45 AM   #88  
it's a fine day

S/C/G: 240/191/145

Hi all
I am so happy to be here in 170s. Today the scale showed 178.5 which is sooo great. I hope that by January 9th I will lose 3-4 pounds. That is my two year anniversary and it will be great to be able to say 'I have lost 65 pounds'.
Have a nice weekend!
Old 12-20-2013, 05:54 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 198/175.7/130

Height: 5'4"

Down to 175.7 . So happy! I hope I can keep this going through Christmas!
Old 12-20-2013, 09:11 AM   #90  
~Rennie

hhm back and to the thread I did Dukan a while back, it does work but I couldn't stick with it. I ended up just like I am now not wanting anything that I had to eat or had prepared I'm with you on feeling like I'm always starting over. They great thing is we all have each other to do it with again Welcome back

shr1nk1ngme cycle counting is great and it definitely works. When I did it I didn't know I was diabetic so it was much easier. The extra carbs make it easy to have the higher calorie days. I'd like to see your menu's doing it with Atkins. Do share

Gwen, your plan sounds great also . I think we all have a little envy in us (at least you admit it) I admire all that have achieved their goals and are in maintainance mode. I code be there also if I tried harder. We are gonna be the person to envy some day Oh I think Mio is better no sugar and calories right?, so not a lot of empty nothings going into your body making numbers go up It's a water treat

Kitcherella, I'm for ya, I believe you can do it

Nice weigh in RedSavvy

down .4 to 177.2. I have been really bad the last two days so I am hoping that I stay focused and have some control over my mouth today. I'm so glad you all are here and doing well. Keep up the good work
Closed Thread