Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-05-2012, 01:06 PM   #46  
Kami

S/C/G: 318/287/160

Height: 5'3

And now I am craving a damn peppermint patty. Grr

LOL but Kudos on finding a diet that works for you. I am calorie counting, and eating a lot more lean protein. I take a vitamin every day and drink a boost shake to make sure I am getting some good stuff.

Do what works for you. Everyone is different.
MamaBravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:12 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 257/257/157

Height: 5'7"

If it works for you, then good on you!
Some people do really well with repetition, and can eat the same foods day in and day out with no problems. I wish I was one of those people actually, because constantly trying to find new meals to eat can be tiring sometimes.
As for the peppermint patties, if that stops the OP from binging or over indulging, and he (?) has the calories for them, then I personally see nothing wrong with it at all. Sure there are healthier things to eat, but some of us need a little something everyday to keep our cravings at bay! I have one mini ice cream sandwich (90 calories, 2 WW points) every single day. It's my little treat, and really helps to keep me from binging.

Last edited by PinkLotus; 04-05-2012 at 01:13 PM.
PinkLotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:13 PM   #48  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Have you tried Nestle "After Eight" mints? They're of British origin I believe but they are GOOD and taste the same as peppermint patties.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #49  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

I've read this thread so many times that I can taste the minty goodness! I picked up some sugar-free York Peppermint Patties a few weeks back and savored them (sugar is my trigger so I save a small amount for a daily dark chocolate).

I hope you continue to do well on your plan!
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:48 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 199/159/135

Height: 5'4.5"

I think it is wonderful that you have found a plan that works and that you love! Keep it up! I think this all or nothing attitude so many of us have (including me) is not necessary or even healthy. If you did want to maybe drop some calories in the future or add some more fruit or whatever as some are suggesting (not saying you should), Andes creme de menthe thins are only 100 calories for 4 of them and taste nearly the same as york patties (only without the cream). They are soo good!
Seashell84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:28 PM   #51  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Lets face it..we all have a go-to food that we turn to when we are in need..For some it might be a diet coke and others it might be a small slice of pizza or a cup of pasta or or or....The point is..Each diet is different..no two diets are alike...and we got to do what works for us in the long term..Who are we to judge right? Besides..how many of us have been on a diet and been succesfull long term yet? and im talking long term like over the period of five years..not 6 months or a year...

And my vote: Give me the gummy candies now..especially those sour ones!!!
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote