Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-23-2012, 11:36 AM   #61  
ALASKA

S/C/G: 254/239/195

Height: 5'10

Hi girls havent checked in in awhile. kinda been forum hopping.
Doing good this week. going out to lunch today. Kind of a hard place to find something healthy but i will do my best. wasnt my choice of places to go

I am getting spring fever here. days are getting longer and i am so happy. we are still under feet and feet of snow but.. there is light at the end of the blizzard!
have a great day everyone !
ladysheets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:12 PM   #62  

Height: 5'2"

been holding steady at 145! excited, but ready to move further too.

bought some bananas and gave them another shot. i like bananas! (used to hate them) it's weird how your tastes change. i used to be disgusted by tomatoes too, but now i absolutely love them.
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:20 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Thursday!

*sigh* more snow. This Feb is on pace to set an all-time record for snow in Denver. March is our snowiest month. I'm seriously getting worried... I'm seriously getting tired of it! DH went to Steamboat, so all the snow removal was my responsibility before the DD's went off to school. The exercise was good for me, but I resented every shovel-full. Good thing we have a snow blower for the long driveway! DD's are in the school musical (Seussical the Musical) that opens tonight. Should be an exciting evening.

valalltogether: I haven't had a real banana since 5th grade. I'm allergic. Yes, it is interesting how our tastes change!

ladysheets: Ignore my rant about snow above. You really have something to complain about! Yikes!

Mamakat: If it weren't for your gluten allergy, we would be the bane of every cake's life--you for the cake, me for the frosting. Not a crumb or frosting drizzle left. Sorry your body is achey. But hooray for your long walk. I think of your video and your description of how you were a year ago and I'm so proud for you!

Berry: Hey, at least you went downstairs and used an old video. And look at the reward you got...confirmation that what you're doing IS paying off. That's the thing about changing lifestyles. Life gets in the way of your best laid plans. I think the determination of success is how you handle the deviations, not how well you follow the plan. Congrats!

Diana: So sorry you're dealing with yet another allergic reaction! I feel so bad for you! Hopefully you'll find a substitute you like just as well (maybe Rudi's). I think you're right, the Benedryl just helps your body cope with the allergic reaction; it doesn't speed the allergen out of your system.

qtkitty: Feeling better today? Sure hope so! Your sandwich description made me smile. Sounds like the perfect combination to me!!

SolarPlant: Nice to see you! Keep up the good work! I like your plan to cook exactly what you want while BF is away.

JoJoP: Hi!

Erinrenae: Sounds like you're bonding well with Kallie! How sweet. So glad you didn't choke. What a crazy scenario!

Christaface: Hope you're enjoying the week off!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #64  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

ladysheets Hi It's good to see you check in. I wish I could send some your way. We are suppose to be around *80 today.

Valalltogether Hi Great job experimenting with foods. There's aways something good to try.

Moondance I wish I could send you some , too. Enjoy your evening. I hope the girls do well in the show.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:29 PM   #65  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1385 Calories +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (645 Calories)
Grilled Chicken breast 400 calories
2 orders Steamed broccoli 200 calories
dark chocolate 45 calories

Exercise:
1000 Jump ropes
TF Fire 55 EZ

Last edited by Diana3271; 02-23-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:37 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 183/163.5/140

Height: 5'7"

Good evening all!! I hope everyone has had a great day.

I'm still alive. LOL! I lost my voice today. I had a job interview which was one of the longest I've ever had. It was 1 1/2 hours. The guy I interviewed with gave me a pop quiz to make sure I knew how to use Excel and that I actually had accounting knowledge. He said that I have a very good chance at a second interview, crappy voice and all. Please, please, please cross your fingers and send some good luck vibes my way! I was "laid off" (code for fired for no freakin' reason) three years ago today. I would absolutely love this job so I'm really hope that things are changing in a good way around here.

I'm staying on track. I had a little gain but I was expecting it after baked ziti last night for supper. I've done good today and I did 30 minutes on the Wii Fit. I'm hoping to sleep a little longer tonight. I've been waking up really early because it feels like everything has turned to concrete in my chest. Yuck!

All of you that are having snow, keep it there! I've heard rumors of chances of snow coming up here but I haven't watched any news to confirm. We need some moisture but I think nightly rain showers will be just fine.
erinrenae80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:35 PM   #67  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Well tonight I did the reeebok step video. The last time I did it was also in June. Back then I had no riser under the step and did none of the propulsion.

Today I had two risers under the step and did all the propulsion. What I love about step is that you can totally adapt the difficulty of the routine by adding a riser and adding or taking out propulsion. You can't do that with much straight aerobics.

Good workout today! I'm feeling likes I'm finally getting back in the groove. Also rode a bike for a wee bit today.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:39 AM   #68  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Last night I did my strength training/circuit training and felt awesome - had an adrenaline high. So called my friend that has been talking about starting walking for weeks now (but keeps coming up with excuses). I asked if she had supper yet, and she was all "yup, we just finished".. so asked her if she felt like walking and she started laughing. On that note, I simply left it at "get your shoes on, I am coming over". She was all "you didn't wait for an answer"... nope, figured it would be easier if I didn't give you a chance to say no. This lady is over 300lbs and is not active at all.... yet.. she went all the way around the block! I was so pumped. Not only did she go, but my 2 daughters, her daughter, and her 3 grandkids!!! Talk about influencing a whole family for a healthier way of being It felt nice so had to share.

Berry - what a huge difference from where you were before!!! Great job!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:01 AM   #69  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning and TGIF! I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

We are going to the Miranda Lambert concert tonight. I won tickets back in December. It should be a fun date night for me and DH. Here's a link for those who are not familiar with her. http://www.youtube.com/user/mirandal...10/rB7ONnfIjaI

Calories for yesterday: 1385 +
Weigh In: 148.8
Down: .8
Old 02-24-2012, 07:31 AM   #70  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Diana Have fun at the concert!

Itsmyturn Way to go on the great workout and on getting a friend out and moving. I love family outings!

Moondance I would gladly take 'some' of your snow. We have had a snowless winter here. We had ice stick to the ground once, but that's it. I have one very disappointed 6 year old here.

erinrenae80 Good luck with a second interview! Sounds promising! And hope your voice comes back to you soon!

valaltogetherIt is funny how tastes change. I used to hate grapefruit. Now I have one every morning. I used to hate all fish - now I eat fish (good, grilled fish) every chance I can get. I guess palettes mature.

mamakat Hi! Hope you had a great day yesterday!

For me - it's morning.... what can I say? I was half tempted to try running today just to see how it would go - well the weather gods must have heard my thoughts because our passing afternoon thunderstorm and breezy day forecasted for today turned into rain most of the day with thunderstorms thrown in AND wind advisories. Warm, yes, but not pleasant. (High of 72 today).

So, I'm thinking about what I want to do instead. Hmm....
ETA: Oh, and the scale is back down to before TTOM weight. Now lets see if I can get out of the 170s this month! That would fantabulous!

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 02-24-2012 at 07:32 AM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:15 AM   #71  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Good Morning Everyone,

Berry how cool on the risers. Along time ago when it just started to be the thing, I got the Denise Austen step. One added riser made me feel so out of control that I got discouraged and put it aside forever. I have a hard time with the balance board...It's so nice to see how things have changed for you Is your weather still nice? It snowed here last night.

Diana I hope you and your DH enjoy the concert. My DH once wanted to take me to a concert but that's way too many people for me...we ended up at Stephen Colbert, which I'll take any day. Have fun.

Erin my fingers are crossed for you and I'm sending you my best vibes ((Best vibes)). 1.5hrs is a long interview. Good, good luck.

ItsMyTurn once again woman, you are an inspiration and a truly wonderful thoughtful person. I know that half the battle is motivation and if there is none or if it's weak, we begin to wonder why? A lot of times its a battle with just being supported. I think what you did for your friend is fantastic and I bet she did too. Even after it was all done and she was showered and resting, she probably thought that Star is a really wonderful person. I'm gonna say it, and it will be weird for me to say,but...I'm sure that you are the type of person God likes to see. OK, that was hard to say, not because of you bc I meant that. If all our world had more of people like you, we'd have a lovely lovely world...that was easier for me to say And I meant that too. You are beautiful

AFM I did not have a good day yesterday and my night was even worse. Now as I see white all around me outside, I know why. A lot of my muscles in my right side (never understood why it attacks my right more than left) seized and knotted causing pain, yes, but I also couldn't move fluidly and it HURT to the point of tears. Even worse, I had okay'd a friend to stay over and she is a bit rambunctious. She normally hurts dd by goofing around, not on purpose. Last night they were crazy til 2am. I don't like taking meds when dh isn't here, I have a fear the kids will need to be rushed someplace while I'm stoned out of my gourd. And I never do it while I'm taking care of someone else's child. BUT last night, I wanted to be in the hospital hooked to a morphine drip, so I had to take my meds. I called dd up and told her to stop rough housing and why...she calmed her friend enough to where they only laughed and talked loud...I can deal with that.

So this morning it's not much better and I couldn't understand why, until I let the dog out. That explains everything. My body didn't even have time to adjust to the warmth before it got cold again...I told you this would happen. DH may not come home today, he's too busy in Maine so I've got to bare with this. I have to drive this kid home eventually which sucks because I can't move my head or right arm and I'm dragging the leg around like Igor. I'm a mess. OH well, as painful as it is, I'm not down about it, I know this too shall pass, let's just hope faster than slower

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:27 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Happy Friday!

If it's not one thing, it's another. Opening of the musical started out well. about 10 minutes into the show, DD #2 twisted her ankle, finished the dance number, and then couldn't walk on it the rest of the night. She's home this morning, trying to heal it enough to go on tonight, but I'm encouraging her to give it until tomorrow. What a bummer...2.5 months of rehearsing and she essentially missed opening night.

WI didn't make me happy either (185). But I think I forgot my high blood pressure pill yesterday which makes me retain water. I don't have time for personals now...maybe later.

Have a great OP day!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:07 AM   #73  

Height: 5'2"

up 1.5 pounds this morning. could be TOM, could be the late night diner excursion with disco fries and m&m pancakes.

whyyyy
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:54 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 183/163.5/140

Height: 5'7"

Diana~I am so jealous! I love Miranda!! Have fun and let us know how the show is.

Mamakat~Thanks for the good luck vibes! I hope you get to feeling better soon. I know how you feeling about not wanting to take your meds without another adult around. I have some anxiety meds that basically make me pass out after a few hours. If I need them I only try to take them at night or when my older two are home to keep an eye on the little one. I'll be sending some feel better vibes your way.

Well, I'm in a pretty major pickle now. We had some snow last night. No big deal. I took DD to the babysitter's that lives a few blocks from my college. It is 30 miles north of where I live and they have drastically different weather. We had absolutely no issues getting into the house. I just thought everything was wet like it was at my house. Nope, not wet, ICE. When I came back out to get in my car, I fell square on my not-as-bad knee. Falling isn't just falling for me. I fell a year and a half ago in a pasture on grass and dirt. After that I couldn't really use my right leg for six months. That led us to find out about the RA. So, when I fell this morning I really wanted to just cry. Not because it hurt (trust me it did!) but because I know what this is going to lead to. It is already starting to swell and it is pretty painful. I can't really call the doc to explain what happened either because I can't talk. I'm not sure that he can do anything anyway. I'm going to see how the weekend goes and probably be calling on Monday. I felt pathic walking back from class because it took 10 minutes to walk 3 1/2 blocks. I have a feeling I'll be back to handicapped parking. I am really disappointed because I was really looking forward to the 5K next month and I was planning on signing up for the March for Babies in April.
erinrenae80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:23 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 457/see sig/200(or size18)

Height: 5ft9

2/23/12
Morning Weight 372.8

Breakfast
Oatmeal( w/ molasses and cinnamon) 170
Red Grape Fruit ( w/ honey drizzle ) 102
Banana ( large ) 200
Sub Total 472

Lunch
Western Omelet ( looked like 2 eggs 140 , 2oz ham 93, 2 oz sausage 92, onions and pepper 35.. No cheese.. I added a drizzle of A1 5/ adding 100 cause there had to be some oil although it didn‘t look it.. It came with toast but I opted out ) 465
Cottage cheese 108
Strawberry Shortcake ( minus the cake *lol*) 100
Sub Total 673

Dinner
KFC Grilled Chicken Breast and leg ( pulled skin off )210
Coleslaw 150
Biscuit (w honey drizzle) 200
Lil' Bucket™ Chocolate Crème Parfait Cup 280
Sub Total 840

Daily Total 1985

Water 60
2/24/12

Morning Weight 373.4

Breakfast
1c. Oatmeal ( w Molasses, Cinnamon and Nutmeg) 320
Banana ( large ) 200
Sub Total 520

Lunch
Multi grain Thin Bun 100
3 Slices Ham 60
Large Handful Spinach 10
Deli Mustard w/ Horseradish 5
1c. Whole Strawberries 46
6oz Blueberry Greek Yogurt 140
Med Mocha 300
Sub Total 661

Dinner
Homemade Pepperoni Pizza ( Bread Dough, Diced Tomatoes, Soup Starter [veg and herbs], Turkey Pepperoni, Italian 5 Cheese) 1322
Apple 100
4 oz Birch Beer ( found my soda in the fridge thought no way it has fizz left by George it did and I could not help but take a bit and put it back in the fridge for another time *LOL*) 55
Sub Total 1477

Daily Total 2658 ( Holy Colly !!!)

Water 60

I have a good bit of water weight .. since my ankles are swollen and I feel puffy in the hands and face. I also have been feeling itchy. Been a good bit off track too in calories and food types. It could have been worse but it sure could have been a whole lot better.

Last night I crashed again and today I did not feel as sleepy ( not to mention the afternoon mocha to get me zingy again ). I am tired now, but not the bone tired I had been. I can not tell if eatting more has also helped or not.

I read some...

Mamakat~ I am sorry you are having an episode... I hope it warms back up quickly and you feel back to normal too

Erin~ OMG are you ok!! Hopefully it was not cement you fell on.

I know I am missing people... but I wanted to make sure to keep my accountability up. I felt bad missing posting yesterday. I am going to crash and hopefully dd sleeps in too since it was 10 before she finally went to sleep. ( Sooooo not normal ... late late is normally 9.. but her bed time is at 8 ... night before last she was asleep before 8 soooo )* crosses my fingers and hopes to sleep past 6 am in the morning *

Last edited by qtkitty; 02-24-2012 at 11:24 PM.
qtkitty is offline   Reply With Quote