Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-22-2012, 09:03 AM   #46  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

diana3271 That totally stinks about finding they changed the ingredients of your English muffins. I would be having a hissy fit too.

As far as baking them yourselves. That one is a tough one. I've tried to make English muffins exactly once - no nooks and crannies. They were good, but there is a reason there is a secret to the nooks and crannies - it isn't so simple. I hope your search for a new English muffin is fruitful!

moondance We have NO snow in our parts - zip, zilch, zero. All snow is machine made and who knows if there will be any left after this warm week we are expecting. All winter so far it's been too warm for snow and now it's going to be in the mid 60s for a couple of days. Who knows if we'll get in any more skiing/snowboarding this year.

itsmyturn Totally hear you on the joy of finding out WHY you have been stuck at a number. It's a hard balancing act to know how much is too much and how much is too little. I'm hoping my new gizmo gives me a better idea too so that I dont' get discouraged as things really slow down. Of course, not eating at maintenance would help! Ugh!

Morning everyone else!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:37 AM   #47  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

Diana I find that it was very negligent of the company to do that. There are a lot of people who depend of consistency when it comes to food. There are way too many allergies out there and some are life threatening. I realize it's up to us to check ingredients but like you said, we have to buy a lot of stuff and our regular staples are something we've already checked. Well, now we know, right? Before going to low carb, I was eating just no gluten, didn't matter if it was good or bad for me. But my goodness, all the reading we did. I have internet on my phone, which I said I didn't need bcause nothing is "that" important. But let me tell you, I got my money's worth looking things up bcause sometimes the ingredients can be vague and to the non-concerning eye gluten can be there. Such a pain. So I totally get your anger. I'd fire off an email, just to let them know, hey it wasn't life threatening, but maybe next time it will be. A little sticky note decal saying "we've changed our recipe" for the first month, will save customers as well as themselves later down the road when a sue happy person becomes sick. it's been done before.

I hope that it clears up for you soon. I also know all the icky side effects, it sounds like we share a few. I like that low carb fits the no gluten lifestyle. But boy do I miss gluten

qtkitty I struggle with making calories all the time. This week is one of those weeks. I can't get on top of it. I'm going through a "I'm not hungry" phase right now. My therapist and I actually talked about that a lot yesterday. I tend not to feed myself "because I don't have the skills to nurture myself". This weightloss journey is the first thing I've done for myself. I got not eating bad down and exercise down, now I got get eating down. It's been a little harder this month as DH hasn't been home the entire stinking month. And although, the results of cooking the other night were great, I really have issues with being in the kitchen...but one day at a time, right?

Berry yay, for little man. That is awesome, really, really awesome. It's super hard for most people to try something new and to face a slope on a board with your feet not moving...crazy. I don't even know him, and I'm proud of him. You know, in the past few months, he's been really stepping out of his comfort box. That's got to be exciting for him and you. It's definitely a proud mom moment

Moondance Until I joined this forum, I thought I was the only person who had a cake addiction. I never thought it was bad until my niece got married in 2001/2002. We visited a friend of my SIL along with all my in-laws. This friend had just had a huge bday party for her youngest and there was still a lot of cake left. She was about to throw it out and I freaked. (I have never done this before or after...so embarrassed just thinking about it). I stopped her then proceeded to eat the whole thing right then and there, in front of my MIL. That's when I knew I had a problem. I can't ever get that image out of my head. Usually we buy a cake and bring it home and I eat it (sadly) by myself in privately. Cake was the hardest thing for me to give up, but it truly was an addiction (filled with shame and embarrassment). I've watched cake shows in the past and instantly drool. Usually we'd make a cake run afterwards. I have such weird eating rules when it comes to public eating, and I'm very strict with them, but on that day they all flew out the window. It's hard to say no...BUT guilt and shame, aren't any better. So don't beat yourself up. Today is another day.

OK, another kooky story told by Kat. I hope that makes up for yesterday's absence. I'm a little off this week. Not sure why. I need to get out and move, I think. I've been cooped up long enough.

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:09 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Diana,
I used to eat Rudi's Organic English Muffins all the time. The ones with Flax have a lot of fiber. Their website says:

"Do Rudi’s Organic products contain soy, eggs or dairy?

All of Rudi’s Organic products are soy-free, egg-free* and dairy-free.
*Please note Rudi’s Gluten-Free products do contain egg whites.

I loved them. They quit selling at the stores I frequent, so I quit buying. Their home page has a place to check locations where they sell.

http://www.rudisbakery.com/

I can imagine your frustration with unannounced changes.

As a last resort, the egg bread thing isn't bad either, but no fiber.
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:39 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Happy Wednesday!

I've recovered from my cake eating binge. I am excited about successfully auditioning for a Sweet Adeline's chorus (Barbershop Quartet for women...150 of them!). I auditioned last night and was accepted. They're competing at Internationals next October, having won regionals last spring. Too bad International is in Denver this year. No travel for me...next year they're in Hawaii. You can't compete in Internationals every year. Maybe 2014 will be somewhere cool!

Mamakat: For me, it's not the cake part--that's just a vehicle for the frosting. I have this weakness for frosting. I've eaten it until I'm sick. I don't like being so hung up on something like that. You continue to impress me with your commitment to self-exploration and improvement. You're an inspiration (whether you want to be or not!).

Berry: Our mountains are finally getting snow. Our favorite place, Steamboat Sprints, has gotten 197 inches Feb. 5th. It's crazy! I wish I had an answer to where motivation goes for people. I have confidence you'll come around again to where you need to be. Clearly it hasn't left your mind. You'll get it back!

qtkitty: I hope you aren't getting strep throat! Sorry you can't seem to get fully well.

Itsmyturn: Thank you! I'd forgotten I too was eating berries in the beginning (when they were in abundance and on sale at the stores!). I've gotten away from them again. I really love frozen blackberries. I can suck on one until it's thawed enough to chew. Thank you for that reminder!!!! I'm so happy that you made your discovery! I sincerely hope that it gets thing back on track for you. You're so dedicated and I was feeling your frustration. Congrats!

Hi to anyone I may have missed! Have a great OP day!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:27 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 196/190/150

Height: 5'7

Good morning/afternoon everyone!

Oof- I've had a hard time getting on track this week. My son has the week of school, and I the week off work, so as it feels decadent to have this time with him, I have been feeling more decadent with food, I suppose

Here is yesterday:

morning: plain instant oatmeal mixed with a handful of raisins, cinnamon, and maple syrup.

midday: after my son and I spent a couple of hours at the pool, we were famished. Inhaled a Kashi Crunchy bar (180 cals). We then went through A&W drive thru and each got a small fry. Something about swimming makes me want junk after! Maybe from years as a kid with my parents getting me something from the vending machine after swimming lessons?

late lunch: yellow pepper 'boats': two yellow pepper halves stuffed with a mash of 1/2 an avocado, 1 green onion, cilantro, 1/2 a carrot, grated, s&p, paprika.

afternoon: iced latte (3 shots espresso & about a cup almond milk on ice), small handful each of chocolate chips & raisins. I am kind of hooked on this sugary snack! But we're almost out of chocolate chips, and then I won't buy any more

Dinner: 1.5 'green pizzas' made on pita bread- homemade vegan spinach pesto topped with black olives, mushrooms, shredded spinach, pine nuts, nutritional yeast, basil. Made with flat white pitas from the freezer- leftover from a party we hosted a few weeks ago.

Snack: "Instant Cookie Dough" from the Happy Herbivore cookbook. a small amount of rolled oats, peanut butter, cocoa & maple syrup stirred up and eaten with a spoon. Was just what I needed when I wanted to bake a whole batch of cookies! SO GOOD.

Hope you all have a lovely day!
Christaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:21 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 183/163.5/140

Height: 5'7"

ItsMyTurn~Those are pretty much staples in my diet. I'm still trying to keep the snacking at a minimum.

Diana~That's incredibly frustrating!

I kept up on posts yesterday but I didn't post one. There wasn't much to report anyway. I did 30 minutes on the Wii Fit then we walked for a little over a mile. That was Kallie's first walk and I carried her for about half it. That has to count for something, doesn't it? I did pretty well on eating yesterday except for supper time. I fixed hobo hamburgers because I was at a loss as to what to fix. They were really good until I tried to kill myself off. I had a piece of hamburger go down wrong. I thought I was ok until I went to bed. I don't know if it scratched the inside of my throat or what. When I layed down, it felt like I was drowning. I've some extra mucus from when I was sick but nothing like this. I ended up coughing enough that I made myself sick. Then, at 3am I woke up and could barely breathe because it felt like everything had hardened up or something. It was so weird. I slept on the couch the rest of the night. My chest and throat still hurt today. That would be a great way to go--choking on a piece of hamburger and drowning on my own ick. Gee whiz! Good news is that I still lost. I'm right on track with my points.
erinrenae80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:26 PM   #52  

Height: 5'2"

christa those pepper boats sound really good. might have to give those a shot.

i haven't reported in a while. i'm on about day 5 of being "back on track". i'm liking what the scale says. i weighed in at the magical 145 today. but i've been stumbling with the leftover valentines chocolate here in the house. i hope one day i'll kick my chocolate addiction still..things are going alright!
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:28 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 150/136/120

Height: 5'5"

I bought a big bag of frozen spinach and am adding it to my daily veggies. I think my diet is making me slightly anemic, so I hope this helps!!
JoJoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:35 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 197 / ticker / 140

Height: 5' 4"

Hello ladies,

I am trying to get back to working out this week as I mentioned. Yesterday, after work I ran 2.5 miles which was awesome. I forced myself into the gym after work, it was a mental struggle but i'm glad I did it.

I'm going to head to the gym for another 2-3 miles here in a few minutes.

I realize that food is what has been really killing me the last few weeks in terms of my weight not moving up or down. Yesterday, after the gym, I went to a local sushi place and picked up a salmon / avocado roll (8 pieces) and had a side salad with ginger dressing. I felt completely dissatisfied after I ate it. I realize that I only want to eat things now that I find truly and highly satisfying. Then today for lunch, I had a turkey and swiss sandwich I made, also completely not satisfying.

What I mean by satisfying is that I want to feel "wow this is delicious". The times I eat something and don't feel it was great, I end up mentally wanting to eat something else which are bad feelings to have to fight. Of course to me delicious means a variety of food like an egg white omelet! Mm. I love breakfast.

Anyway, I think I am going to start posting what I eat so I can be accountable.

For the next two weeks, my boyfriend is visiting his father so I can eat / make anything I want for all my meals which I hope will also help get myself back on track with food.

Breakfast: egg whites scrambled, 2 pieces turkey bacon, 2 pieces wheat toast: 280 calories (this is my standard and honestly my favorite breakfast!)

Lunch: turkey and swiss sandwich on wheat bread with spinach leaves
1 oz serving of sun chips
480 calories

Snack: 10 almonds, 6-7 half pieces of walnuts: 100 calories (at work we have unlimited nuts of all kinds, and they have these tiny little snack cups like you would use as a restaurant for condiments so I just halfway fill that with a few almonds and walnuts when I am hungry)

Now I have dinner left, I might make myself some grilled chicken. I am also really craving some roasted vegetables as well.
solarplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:14 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 457/see sig/200(or size18)

Height: 5ft9

Morning Weight 372.4

Breakfast
1/2c (dry )Oatmeal 150
1tsp Molasses 20
Cinnamon
Banana ( it was a big banana) 200
Sub Total 370

Lunch
Turkey Pepperoni 66
Ham 40
Potato Bun 120
Lrg Handful Spinach 10
Lemon Greek Yogurt 140
1c Red Grapes 100
Sub Total 476

Dinner
DQ Grilled Chicken Salad ( minus cheese and bacon) 160
Honey Mustard Dressing 260
Sm Chocolate Ice cream cone 240
Dd’s leftover fries 100
Sub Total 760

Daily Total 1606

Water 80

You know when you can tell you may have to much spinach on your sandwich …. When you can’t get the sandwich in your mouth to get a bite *lol* I had to smush my sandwich so I could get it in my mouth *lol* However the turkey pepperoni so could not tell the difference between it and the regular ( well except its not an oily mess but I don’t care for the oiliness so I LOVE IT )

ItsMyTurn~ Thanks… although I do not think my jaw could hurt *lol* I chew to much gum and talk to much for that to happen hahaha… I did better today though woohoo

Mamakat~ I try … usually I lump food into big meals .. I have a problem spreading it out .. Not because I am trying not to eat and finally break but because I am not hungry. I used to go long periods of time with out eating because I did not think of it ( no feed smells so never had the button click on ) and guess what I gained weight haha … so crazy. Definitely one step at a time … now that one dinner turned out great … you can maybe build a small book (or index cards in a box ) of simple low stress meals ( heck someday maybe you will write a cook book … low stress cooking with mamakat )

Moondance~ Me too .. I am really tempted to get a bubble or hazmat germ suit *lol*… I called the dr’s office this morning .. And they said given the antibiotic that I am on to watch it gargle with salt water and drink tea with honey and lemon ( Eww hate tea ) and if it gets worse or lymph nodes swell or are tender( which they still are so not helpful) or I start running a fever then come in. There is strep going around I now know so makes me feel so much better ( not ). I had hot and cold flashes today but I couldn’t tell if I had a temp. I just feel tired bone tired eyes roll back in my head tired, which is a normal when I am sick because of the CFS. I know its not lack of enough food but because of something else but I do not know how long it will take til I am over being sick … sucks majorly.

Erin~ Ugh I hope you feel better now … the mix of mucus and stomach acid can make an almost cement type substance … let it dry (like if your snoring ) at the back of your throat and its crazy hard to get out… err maybe tmi .. Sorry

Okie dokies .. I am hitting the hay … I am tuckered out. Night Everyone and Have a lovely day tomorrow and stick it ( plan and exercise ).
qtkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:30 PM   #56  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone! We just got home and it's really late. I won't be able to do personals, again, tonight. I read everyone's post. Thank you for your support. I hope you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Thank you for the information about Rudy's breads/muffins. I looked at their site and printed out a coupon. Their products are sold in our area. I will have to take a look this weekend.

I called the Thomas muffin company today. I spoke with a person who doesn't have a clue. I sent an email, to the company after that. I'll let you know what they say, if I hear back from them. They probably don't have a clue either.

Total Approx 1540 Calories +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (800 Calories)
Rice 400 Calories
Teriyaki beef 400 calories

Exercise:
Cathe's MMA Boxing w/weighted gloves (minus the bonus/core sections)
Kickboxing from Cathe's 4DS w/weighted gloves
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:38 AM   #57  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Without a doubt, I am in the midst of an allergic reaction. I have those wonderful lips that my DH says "people pay good money to have". I have felt like I had facial/lip swelling the last couple of mornings when I got up, so it wasn't from the restaurant last night. Although, I'm sure the food last night contributed to some water weight. The facial/lip swelling is the allergic reaction. I ate 2 English muffins Saturday and 2 Sunday. The last one was on Monday. This is truly the only thing that I can think of that could have caused the problem. Of course my empty English muffin package is gone with the trash, so I can't verify anything. I took an antihistamine this morning. All I can do is pick myself up, move on, and keep reading packages to avoid soy (if that's the culprit). I can't think of anything else it could be since I have eliminated everything else at one time or another.

Calories for yesterday: 1540 +
Weigh In: 149.6
Up: 1.4 pounds
Old 02-23-2012, 07:51 AM   #58  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I didn't make it to my double class last night and I was not happy about it. To make it to that class (it's 6:00 pm and second class is 6:50 pm). I have to have eat dinner early enough so I can get there. Check. I have to prepare a meal that is waiting for the rest of the family (husband, MIL and older son). Check. I have to give myself enough time to drive there in rush hour which is about 30 minutes for parking and dropping off childcare, etc at the gym. Check. I have to make sure my younger son's homework is done as he won't have time afterward to do it. Nope. And I have to feed younger son. Nope.

My younger son was being a pill last night. He was really into drawing musical notes and musical rests and showing me. He would not stop to eat - nothing. Of course I was trying to get him to tell me what he wanted to eat and nope, "I'm not hungry.". Finally, when he drew the eighth rest he was done and now famished of course. I threw in the pizza (as that is what he wanted) and realized that he didn't have time to eat it or he did, but he would have to eat in the car AND we still had his homework to do. The teacher just moved him up another math group, so it was really important to get it done too. Drats... I was so close to getting out the door!

So, after he went to bed I DID go down to the basement. I am doing cardio today, so I wanted to get some strength training in. I dusted off the strength training video I did before I started going to the gym. It's 20 minutes upper body, 20 minutes lower body and 7 minutes abs. I got all my weights lined up and started. I have 2 lbs, 5 lbs, 8 lbs and 10 lbs weights. Before, I used mostly 5 lbs weights and sometimes 8 lbs depending on the muscle group. For leg work, I didn't hold any weights. Last night I used all tens (and could have gone heavier on some) and one place 8s (where I used to use twos!). I used weights for the leg work, where I didn't before. AND I didn't need the chair for balance, where I did before. Of the ab work, I could do one minute of the seven before and marveled at how anyone could do all 7 minutes. Last night I did all 7 minutes. Holy smoke!!! I should dust off old videos more often! it really made me aware of how much more fit and stronger I've gotten over the last 6 months since I started going to the gym.

And, every once in awhile I check my resting heartrate. It's at its all time low - 55 beats per minute (I had gotten there before the holidays where I then slacked off on exercise for a month).

So... all of this is to say... I realize I am making progress - even if it is slow. I'm healthy and I'm getting fit and I need to realize what I've accomplished and not get stuck in how I've slowed down in weight loss. My main goal was to be fit and I'm getting there!

Sorry for being so long winded!!!

diana So sorry the allergic reaction is happening. Man, that bites!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:11 AM   #59  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Good Morning Everyone,

I went for a long walk yesterday. I changed the path up, so I always had sidewalks and didn't have to cross at a major intersection. I thought it was going to make the trek less than 5 miles. It actually added both time and distance, it's funny I started and ended the same place It's even got more hills to it. Afterwards, I was having pain in my calves and shins. I thought it was just muscle fatigue and exertion soreness. Nope, the weather change, from cool to warm has my muscles in a bunch...places that don't walk are twisted up too. I know once my body gets used to the warmer weather it will get cold...that happens a lot during spring and autumn. I was up all night, I kept going to my meds then saying "no, I can get through this." I actually fell asleep finally for an hour before my dog needed out. So now I'm doing the meds back and forth thing again. AND the weather is gorgeous, I want to go for a walk, but not sure it would be the smart thing to do. My forearms say no

Diana Isn't it funny how some people will pay for certain things (lips and boob work) but others wish they could just get rid of it? Sorry you are having a reaction. Does the allergy pills help with swelling, I know Benedryl is great for it hives, but it puts you out. Once DH and I were going on a date, first time since babies were born and we went to the movies at the mall. We were there early so we walked around JCPenny's, not sure why I don't shop there. We were walking through clothes and I was bigger then the walking area so I rubbed on everything. I sneezed funny and got itchy and didn't think anything of it...I'm not allergic to clothing. By the time we got to the movies I was covered in hives, it scared us. Dr. said double the dose. I was asleep through out the movie and don't even remember getting home. Allergies are weird and couldn't figure that one out. We chalked it up to perfume or lotion someone was wearing that rubbed on me. I only ever had hives like that once and I was a kid. I looked like a strawberry

Berry that's dedication. I think after all that I would have said "one day won't kill me" even if it had been a week. I always get a mind set and if it doesn't fit into it, I pout and won't do anything else I can't believe I'll be 41 this year How cool for you to see a difference.

Moondance I'm sort of opposite with the cake. Although I like the first piece to have frosting, yum. The rest I eat without, I get a tummy ache. That's actually funny now that I think about it. I always thought it was the too sweet frosting, but now that I think about it, it had to be the cake and gluten. I only found out I was gluten intolerant in 2010 so up until then I figured it was gluttony and sugar...I'm sure those didn't help. How's your dd doing? Are the cars fixed?

Qtkitty how is the throat? I hope you are getting better, not worse. Drink your tea

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:30 AM   #60  
Trying to live below 200

Berry Congrats on your fitness level progress! Keep up the great work!

Mamakat Sorry to hear that you are having pain after your walk. I hope it gets better today. Allegra seems to help with some of the symptoms. Benadryl seems to irritate my lips even more. I think it dries me out too much. Something I'm curious about. Maybe you will know this. An antihistamine only helps with the symptoms, correct? It doesn't get the allergen out of your system any quicker, or does it?