Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-21-2012, 07:10 AM   #31  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Calories for yesterday: 1340 +
Weigh In: 148.2
Up: .2

lcard Hi and Welcome to the check-in!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:39 AM   #32  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,
newcomers.

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:41 AM   #33  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Morning all! Had a fantabulous weekend - no I didn't fall off the face of the earth (as me skipping a day of posting/reading is rare).

So, Saturday - bodypump, a nice walk with most of the family on a gorgeous day.

Sunday, drove to VA (where I teach Sunday School for the Northern Virginia Ethical society - no teaching this week as I switch off with another teacher, but I'm the Sunday School director, so I have to be there. BTW, it's secular). And then hung out with the family for the rest of the day.

Monday - we went skiing and snowboarding. Well, "I" didn't, but my husband and older son went skiing and my younger son wanted to try his hand at snow boarding. This is my high functioning autistic son who tends to have a lot of fears. Well, desire trumped fear and he did great. We left the resort at 7:30 pm and he was POOPED. He had a two hour lesson where I just watched, and then the snowboard instructor told me about this 'little' ramp/lift we could use where I could help him and not need to be on skis/board, so I did that for several hours - going down the slight slope over and over, holding his jacket, helping him down the hill. Got 10000 steps in and lots of activity despite no formal exercise yesterday. Anyway, it was great.

Today - back to normal - scale is up, but it's TTOM and sauerkraut always makes me gain and we've been eating sauerkraut for 3 days. No worries. Calories were high yesterday as we ate out and at the end of the day when I was frozen (and raging TTOM hormones) I gave in to cookies, but one day isn't going to kill anything. It was worth it!

Have a good one everyone!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:06 PM   #34  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

erinrenae - Something that helps me is reaching for hot air popcorn or seedless grapes. Few calories while still able to shove stuff in my face to shut up the "Prednisone voice" as we have come to call it

Diana - We ended up at my friends' house as DH saw one of them at the store and was told that a visit from us would really brighten the spirits of her husband. Not to play too much on my name, but tonight it's my turn Are you sore from the strength focus? I love how gaining the muscle has felt - as it will aid with your joints, any aches, etc that you may have too

qtkitty - That doesn't sound like a lot of food to me. Of course my nutritionist has ruined me though: I never used to eat a lot (hard to believe as big as I got, but...) and now I seem to have something in my mouth every couple hours,

Had a great visit with folks that are from the same hometown as us last night. Think it did a lot of good for everyone. I will admit that sometimes we get so busy that we forget to take a moment and spend time with others "just because" and not on a schedule and with a purpose. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:59 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Tuesday!

We had this big event at work today. We've been working on it since Sept. Lots of VIPs and such. Anyway, I left in such a rush this morning I forgot to grab my lunch. By 1:00 I was starving so I went to the appetizers that were put out. I didn't over do it too much on the "real" food but went crazy with the cake. I'm so disappointed in myself. I told myself I wouldn't eat cake. I was just store bought sheet cake. Nope...I didn't listen to myself and ended up with a large piece. *sigh*. I was doing so well before Christmas, staying away from sweets. Since then I haven't been able to stay away from them and all the willpower I had was gone. As a result, I'm losing maybe 2 pounds a month where I was at 4-5 before.

ItsMyTurn: Just-because visits sound great. You're right...we don't do enough of them!

Berry: Glad your DS enjoyed the snowboarding and that you had fun with him! Do you have much snow?

Icard: Hi!

Christa: Hi!

qtkitty: Have a great day!

mamakat: LOVED the video! You're so cute. And how wonderful of your DH to film you like that. Congrats!!

Aaackkk...more work stuff. Can't finish personals. Have a great OP day!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:21 PM   #36  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

You know, at the beginning of this journey, I could force myself to work out at 9 or 10 pm. I simply cannot do that any more. What happened to that drive????

So, a light day for me - a major heavier day tomorrow. Unfortunately, I sampled a couple cookies too - making it another higher calorie day. Not HORRIBLE, but a maintenance day. Good grief!

Have a good night everyone!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:44 PM   #37  
~Star~

Moondance - Sweet carbs are a killer to beat. Something that helped me when I couldn't seem to get enough of them (and craved HARD) was berries (strawberries and blueberries were my weapon of choice) in a bowl with Dream Whip made with regular almond milk (not the unsweetened). I did those every night for a bit over a week and I wasn't craving the sweet carbs as much... sounds foolish, but it balances the insulin levels which is what triggers those cravings, plus it's super sweet and satisfying. Now I am back to my Popscicle Fat Free, Sugar Free fudgicles (don't taste sugar free though - yum) at night and they are only 40 calories a piece! Those fudgicles just weren't enough during my bad time though

Berry - I can hear your frustration, but don't stress too much - we all know what stress does to weight loss efforts Maintenance is better than binging... back a year ago, which would it have been? You are doing awesome and sometimes slacking happens. We are all doing this to be sustainable.. can't do that if you don't slack occasionally - it's the recovery after that counts

As for me - Holy moly I had 2 good things happen tonight and I have to share cause now I'm excited!!! I used my new HRM for the first time tonight and discovered 2 things: 1) I am in better shape than I though (yay me)... and 2) I believe I have discovered the culprit to my plateau!!!! My elliptical machine was over-estimating my calorie burn by a significant amount... and since I eat over 75% of my exercise calories back to insure I am fueling myself properly... I wasn't getting Jack-diddly for a calorie deficit for my present weight!!!! Jackpot!!! Now that I have an accurate measure of those calories, I should be back on the losing track again! I am so excited to this realization. I know some people get disappointed to see they weren't burning half as many calories after getting a HRM.. but I am ecstatic cause it held the answers to my mystery!!!! Have a super night all - cool down and relaxing time for me!
Old 02-21-2012, 10:10 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 457/see sig/200(or size18)

Height: 5ft9

Morning Weight 371.2

Breakfast
6oz Apple and Cinnamon Greek Yogurt 140
1/4c Old Fashion Oatmeal 75
Sub Total 215

Lunch
Thomas Pretzel Bagel 120
6 Slices Ham 120
Deli Mustard w/ Horseradish 5
Fuji Apple 100
Sub Total 345

Dinner
Veggie Soup ( tries a new tactic ate the veggies and what not left the juice .. It was so salty) 390
Grilled Cheese 560
Sub Total 950

Daily Total 1510

Water 108

This morning I sort of slapped together breakfast and lunch. I just sat there stumped at the fridge.. blah. This afternoon I realized I have white spots in the back of my throat. I am hoping that it is not strep throat... this is CRAZINESS!! I am on antibiotics and my throat doesn't hurt just feels dry and maybe a bit ichy from being dry but it sure is looking like it. I even had my mom take a look and she was like Uhhhh you need to go to the doctor. I said a "wordy dird" to that and prompty slapped my hands over my mouth. I have decided I am tired of being sick and I do not want to play sick anymore HUMPF *l*

Lcard~ I second that .. Bread straight from the oven… I am done for and will eat and eat it.

ItsMyTurn ~ I almost ate a whole 15 oz can of pumpkin puree by myself *LOL* I do not know I know there are people I know who eat all the time and are thin ( not always good things … but like what I think is junk .. Romane noodles and things ) When I had been home I was not eating 3 meals I attempted to though.. Back at work today and I got 3 meals. I do not know I have a bad track record for not eating enough or heck not eating then making the wrong choices at one meal so… its something I need to work on.

Last edited by qtkitty; 02-21-2012 at 10:16 PM.
qtkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:21 PM   #39  
Trying to live below 200

Quick post/rant. We just got home, so I don't have time for many personals.

Remember I just mentioned about things seeming a little off with me. I was thinking it might have to do with the extra weight training or maybe extra calories from the morning veggies. I am trying to make sure I stay focused on what I am doing. I don't want to slip up and have a gain and have to deal with that. I am trying to stay very conscious of everything and to stay honest with myself. Meaning, like the extra veggies. Are they putting me over my calories? If so, I want to address this issue before it becomes a bigger issue. Anyways, I read every food package that I bring into the house. I don't read them every time, though. Meaning, I have been eating the same English muffins for a few years now. I don't read the package every week, though. Last weekend I bought my English Muffins. I went to open the new package this morning. Something didn't look right. I looked at the nutritional information. Something was not right. I read the ingredients and there was SOY FLOUR! It wasn't the product that I normally buy. Ok, so I decided that tonight I would buy the correct product. No harm done since I hadn't eaten any of those muffins. I got to the grocery store to purchase my regular product. I looked at the ingredients. FREAKIN' SOY FLOUR! The product used to only contain soy lecithin. Not soy flour, soybean oil and soy lecithin! Now these ingredients are highlighted. I am curious if they made this change last month. I never saw soy flour on that package. My allergy was improving and then it didn't get any better. It didn't get worse, either. I just haven't gotten back to 100% from it. I could not find an English muffin without soy flour now. I found a bread that contains only soy lecithin. My bread thins (for lunch) contains only soy lecithin, too. Now I am seriously wondering if this has been causing a little bit of a problem for me for the last month. I am so freakin' pissed! I have been so limited as to what I can eat and now I can't have that little treat. I was having the English Muffins, cottage cheese, and pumpkin butter as a little snack on occasion. I had that as a dessert on Saturday night while my family enjoyed apple pie! Come to find out the English muffin had soy flour in it. Again, I am so freakin' pissed. I wish the company had put a note on the front of the package that they had made a change in the ingredients. Even grocery shopping is a total PITA for me. I can't just run in the grocery store and quickly pick up a few items. I have to look at everything so closely. Now, I am even getting to where I have to shop at a couple different stores to find what I need. Did I mention that I am pissed? My one little freakin' treat is gone!

Anyways, I am over it! No sense in dwelling on it or feeling sorry for myself. It could be so much worse and I am aware of that. I will just make sure I read the packages on a regular basis so I can stay on top of things.

BTW: I just threw out a lot of seasonings and condiments. They all contain soy in some form. This is regular seasonings and blends. I found a company that doesn't use soy and I just ordered some of their seasoning products Another thing. I looked in our pantry and I have some packets of tuna in water that actually contain soy. I swear everything contains soy anymore.

Ok, I'm done!

Itsmyturn Great news with the HRM! Knowledge is power! I can't wait to hear how things go in the next week or two for you!

Berry Yesterday sounded like a fantastic day for you and your family! You might have to adjust your schedule so you can workout when you have the most energy. Hang in there!

Last edited by Diana3271; 02-21-2012 at 10:22 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:28 PM   #40  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1440 Calories +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories (TODAY I DIDN'T EAT THE ENGLISH MUFFIN, I HAD 100 CALORIES WORTH OF COTTAGE CHEESE)
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Chicken Tenderloins 400 calories
3 Orders turnip greens 300 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 60 w/weighted gloves
Old 02-21-2012, 10:44 PM   #41  

Diana~ That is horrible that the company did that... I know they think no harm .. but seriously to change the product to be that soy laden. Geeze.

I wonder if you could make english muffins and if so... if the dough could be made ahead and frozen then however many you need for the week baked at a time. ( that way they are nice and fresh and you only have the baking time to worry with instead of baking a new batch every week or so and having to contend with extras)

I did the calories for Alton Browns recipe for English muffins (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/a...ipe/index.html) if you make the batch 8 aprox 150 calries each but if you make the max yield of 10 thats aprox 120 calories. And this way you know for sure there is no soy what so ever in there.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:00 PM   #42  
Trying to live below 200

Qtkitty Thanks for that link. I printed out the recipe. I am going to continue with the bread thins (for lunch) for now and see how things go with the bread that I just bought. It should be fine because it only has soy lecithin and that's what the other had. I can even eat the bread thins for breakfast. Hopefully I will finish clearing up now. Again, like I always say, "we'll see how it goes". It really upsets me because I have been trying really hard to stay on track. Even my higher calorie days are not that bad. I truly felt that my weight should have dropped back down by now, but it hasn't. I am really quick to blame myself for doing something wrong. I will always say to myself that maybe I am measuring wrong or doing something else wrong. When my body is having any type of allergic reaction I will not lose weight, no matter what I do. I guess that's the body's way of protecting itself, a type of defense mechanism. TMI: Normally when I have a reaction, I won't go to the bathroom. I have been going, but it's not quite right. It's like I am having a very mild reaction. I have eliminated so much soy from other sources, that what I am consuming isn't enough for a major flare up. It's just enough to be a minor nuisance and to let me know that something isn't quite right.

PS: I might even be trying those egg breads one day if this keeps up. Heck I may be converting to high protein before it's all over with!
Old 02-21-2012, 11:11 PM   #43  

Diana~ Your welcome ... now you found the hidden soy and have been able to remove it maybe you will start feeling better. I do not know if you live in or close to a city, but you may also want to call around to bakeries. There may be one around that makes english muffins .. you never know.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:15 AM   #44  
~Star~

Diana - that's craziness that there is so much soy around! I am so glad you have discovered this and wondering if that is what is "off" with you. Keeping fingers crossed in a big way for you

qtkitty - I totally understand!!!! My nutritionist had me eating so much that my jaw would literally hurt for the first month during the day, LOL! Now, I get so hungry when I get too busy to eat... she has totally retrained me! You will get there, it just takes some vigilance. I have no doubt it will come for ya
Old 02-22-2012, 07:18 AM   #45  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

I stayed the same today, which is a good thing. Especially with the whole soy thing that's still going on. We also ate at Cracker Barrel last night. My calories and food choices (grilled chicken tenderloins, 3 orders turnip greens) were good, but their food tends to be higher in sodium. I am risking another sodium *blip* tonight. Today is haircut day. I cannot wait to get it cut. It is on my last nerve! Anyways, as you know we always eat at the Japanese restaurant. I will stick to the food choices that I always get there. Hopefully, my body doesn't get too crazy. Again, we'll see how it goes.

I am thinking about calling the English muffin manufacturer to find out when they changed their ingredients. I can't believe they did that. Anyways, my motto is that life gives me lemons, so I will make lemonade (maybe a lemon sorbet )! I will keep working this thing and try to figure it all out. My other motto is *You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours.* For now, I will keep fighting it and doing what I got to do to get it done.

Have a great one!

Calories for yesterday: 1440 +
Weigh In: 148.2
No Change

ETA: The reason I liked those particular muffins is because they had a good amount of fiber and protein. I was thinking about this. I will want to stick with a product that is similar and not just empty carbs. Hopefully what I have will work for now. This weekend I will be on the search for other products. Worse case scenario, is that I might have to change things up a little. Maybe eat a yogurt, cottage cheese, or something else. Gotta do what I gotta do to make it work, BABY!

Last edited by Diana3271; 02-22-2012 at 07:21 AM.