Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-20-2012, 08:44 AM   #16  
It's Kassie Baby!

S/C/G: 250/206/150

Height: 5'4"

I weigh myself after school before my work out (I don't have a scale) so I'll post my previous stats. As of Thursday I was 235 and I'm 5'4 [: I lowered my cal intake to 1400 last week ^-^ I'll update tonight
kassiebby1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 183/163.5/140

Height: 5'7"

qtkitty~I wish that were true, but it is not. It was pretty obvious when I met the people to pick up Kallie.

mamakat~You are getting well into Onederland! Yay!!!

solarplant~Hi, nice to "meet" you!

I'm kind of stuck at the 10 pounds lost. It is supposed to be nice this week so I'll get out and get some serious walking in. I made a version of the Big Mac in a Bowl. My dressing wasn't very low cal because I used "comeback sauce" that I made before I made the committment to weight loss. I hate to waste anything so I have to use it at some point. LOL! And I used some leftover taco meat. It was really good but I've found that whenever I eat something that isn't quite as good for me, I don't feel very well. I think maybe that will help me in the long run.

I hope everyone is having a great day!!
erinrenae80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:54 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Happy Monday!

Scale still reads 184. I'll take it, considering I couldn't stay away from the ice cream yesterday. Oh, how I love ice cream. Busy, busy 2 days coming up.

erinrenae: I know what you mean about not feeling well after eating off-plan. I really noticed it after have cake and ice cream over the weekend. It does help to keep us on plan!!

Kassiebby: Welcome!

JoJoP: Hi!

Mamakat: OMG!!! Wonderland!!!! I'm so happy for you!!! So fantastic, you deserve line dancers:

I haven't found the link to your video yet, but I can imagine the difference. And in only one year. You should be so proud of yourself!

Diana: Hi! As usual, I'm completely impressed with your dedication.

SolarPlant: I can understand the difference between the good job and the bad job. So glad you're in a situation you like now! You ran a 1/2 marathon!!! Congrats on that great accomplishment!

qtkitty: Hi! You mentioned egg-bread. When I tried Atkins 5 yrs ago, there was a recipe for egg-bread circulating. It was really yummy...I lived on it. Egg salad on egg bread. Mmmmm!

Berry: I agree with not cooking after a long commute. It's so hard! Get some rest.

Valalltogether: Hi!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:02 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 193/176/130

Height: 5'8

HI all! Backk for good.. miss you all

So today:

Breakfast- Coffee (100)

Snack- String cheese (90)

Lunch- Strawberry n grape medley (200)

Snack- Almonds (150)

Dinner- 2 side salads from MCd w/ranch - (300)

Crystal light packet (5)

Cals- 785
ilovemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:29 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 196/190/150

Height: 5'7

Hello everyone! I sort of fell off the routine of checking in here, a few days ago- had a busy weekend with house guests, etc- but am going to try to get right back into it!

My monday morning weigh in just happened, and I'm the same- 190. Honestly, I'm happy to have maintained, and not had a gain this week. It could have been worse, as indulging goes, but I was definitely dropping off at the end of the week. Made some coconut "whipped cream" (the cream skimmed off the top of refrigerated high-fat coconut milk, whipped with agave & vanilla), and had some desserts of a broken up kashi crunchy bar, topped with strawberries and this cream.

Again, could've been a worse indulgence, but once I have the supplies for something like that in the house, it's dangerous! I also have a new (albeit low-fat vegan) cookbook, with a recipe for a single brownie in it. That has proven dangerous, too.

Last night I made a big sushi feast, with baked tempura, veggie rolls, edamame, and miso soup, and really ate until I was bloated for the first time in a while. Nothing like a high-sodium sushi binge (followed by homemade kettle corn in front of the tv *ahem*) to make you fear your monday morning weekly weigh in! So I'm glad I broke even on it. Though I'd love to break into the 180s next monday!

Here's my not-so-great Sunday eats...

morning (okay, midday- I slept in till noon!): 2 slices sprouted wheat bread with coconut margarine & raspberry jam. 3 cups coffee with french vanilla soy creamer. 1 packet sesame roasted seaweed.

dinner: one large veggie roll (sushi rice, nori, avocado, red pepper, carrot, cucumber), edamame drizzled with sesame oil, 1 bowl miso soup, several pieces of baked (breaded) tempura (yams, carrots, eggplant, onions). One apricot beer.

evening snack: half a batch of homemade kettle corn (before popping, 1/4 cup kernels, 2 Tbsp oil, 1.5 Tbsp sugar).
Christaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:17 PM   #21  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

erinrenae - Don't worry about the Prednisone adding weight as it really does aid in the joints reducing inflammation. My daughter has regularly gone on 30 for the dose and then lowered. Right now her and I are on 10/daily and going down. It's not the meds that makes us put on the weight, it's how hungry it makes us DD on 20+ a day will eat constantly and then fantasize about eating when she isn't eating already Sorry to hear about the people you got Kallie from. Is Kallie healthy? Sounds like a great addition to your life!

Moondance - Don't feel bad - I am SOOO far behind! Pizza is a hard lesson to learn for sure. I have no doubt you will be out of 180s by March

Jojo - Did you have the granola or the almond milk chocolate?

Valalltogether - I think it's funny that Sunday was determined as your "off" day due to lack of room in the day planner It's funny sometimes to see the way we make some of our decisions

Berry - What do you teach in Virginia? I drive an hour each way to & from work and it is "blah", you nailed that on the head.

qtkitty - Congrats on all your loss lately

solarplant - Welcome back from your fall off the planet I'm so happy you are loving your job - that must be an incredible feeling after having been so miserable before Huge congrats on running your half marathon!!!! It's not unusual to be wiped after long races and take a rest. My uncle, before his blood cancer, would run half marathons and marathons, then take a week to a week and a half off from any workouts. This was to let his muscles, tendons, and ligaments heal properly

Diana - I am with ya for having a great week... you too!

Mamakat - I know I congratulated you on the other forum; but YAY!!!! for your Onederland victory!!!!! And now you have continued to lose even more!!!! I have not viewed your video yet as I just caught up today, but will tonight and can't wait to see it! So proud of you!!!

I went down 1.4lbs this week... seems the same 2 lbs keep going on and coming off. Time to amp up the workouts and get them gone for good I suppose Work is starting to simmer down, though not out of the boiling stage yet But enough that I can fit in some stuff for me now That means workouts are here in my plan!!!! Have a super week!!!!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:50 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 150/136/120

Height: 5'5"

Today I had both the granola and the almond milk chocolate! I woke up this afternoon from a nap with a horrible pain in my stomach that felt very much like urgent hunger pains, and after having some nuts and high-fiber cereal didn't help, I had a cookie, some milk chocolate, and a couple of peanut butter-chocolate sticks. When I didn't feel any different, though, I stopped eating. Eventually the pains went away....it was weird, because I didn't really *feel* hungry, I just had those pains!

Anyway, I don't think it was a terribly bad binge...and I ate the sugary stuff because I thought my body was urgently craving a lot of calories *immediately.*

Over the past month I haven't seen any gain on the scale, but tomorrow I might. I'm not concerned, though.
JoJoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:07 PM   #23  
It's Kassie Baby!

S/C/G: 250/206/150

Du du du daaaa: I lost a pound since last wednesday. I am now [:
kassiebby1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:10 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 183/163.5/140

Height: 5'7"

itsmyturn~Thanks for the encouragement. I was insanely hungry when I was on it last year and I had tons of swelling. When the swelling went down, it looked like I lost tons of weight.

Kallie eats like a horse. She seems to be pretty healthy. She has a little bit of a quiver in her front legs when she sits. I remember Shooter having big feet and legs when she was a puppy which Kallie has that too. It has been long enough ago that I can't remember if Shooter had the quiver too. Heelers have their own quirks. She'll have a forever home here no matter what.

I've been really hungry today. I start to back off the Prednisone tomorrow so that should help. I had Weight Watchers Crab Rangoon for lunch. They were so yummy! I thought they were better than the ones you get at the Chinese restaurant but they needed a little salt in the filling. I also had an orange. I think stuffed chicken breasts may be on the for supper.
erinrenae80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:19 PM   #25  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

QtKitty

Solarplant Hi and Welcome back!

Mamkat Look at you! Great job! I remember that I bounced back up a couple of times. Keep up the great work! I hope you had a great day!

QtKitty Hi How are you feeling today? DH is still sick!

JoJoP Hi

kassiebby Hi and Welcome to the check-in! Congrats on your progress, so far!

Moondance I hope you have a great week! Try not to work too hard.

Ilovemo Your calories seem a little low today. Did you work anything else into your plan? You have been eating a little more protein than you did today.

Christaface At least you maintained! Keep trying! You can do it.

Itsmyturn Congrats on the 1.4 pounds! I'm glad things have slowed to a small simmer instead of that rapid boil. Were you able to get a workout in tonight?

Erinrenae Hi
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:25 PM   #26  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Moondance if you didn't find it here it is...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLLk69d5nfc

I hope I did it right
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:33 PM   #27  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

I have been doing a new workout program. I finished it last night. It's focus is more on weights. I am used to doing more cardio. I have noticed that I have really nice upper body definition now. I cannot build muscle that quickly. I think I have gotten rid of some fat on my upper body. I have also noticed that I feel like I am holding onto water weight. I think I am retaining water from doing this new program. I am going to do some extra cardio this week to see if this feeling changes. My body has always liked cardio and weights never did much for me. I want to see what happens in the next week. I might continue with this program but add in extra cardio. We'll see what happens.

Something else, I had been eating zucchini in my omelet for breakfast. The zucchini are not in season and they don't look good. I have been using a frozen California blend of veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots). Right now I am liking this in my omelet. It's 5 servings for 150 calories. I never did weigh my zucchini, so I'm not positive on the calories. I used a lot of zucchini, though. I am going to make sure I stay aware of what I have going on and try not to eat anything extra. I want to make sure that I don't start gaining from the change in my breakfast. Again, we'll see how that goes.

Total Approx 1340 Calories +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Grilled Chicken breast 400 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
The Hi-Lo and Kickboxing sections w/weighted gloves from Kimberly Spreen's Cardio Camp Workout
Leslie Sansone 1 Mile Jog
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:12 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 457/see sig/200(or size18)

Height: 5ft9

Morning Weight 372.2

Breakfast
Flourless Pumpkin Pancakes 400
Sub Total 400

Lunch
Pineapple Greek Yogurt 100 ( dd snagged about 1/3)
Sub Total 100

Dinner
Meatballs and Spaghetti ( 6 meatballs, Garden Style Spaghetti Sauce, Frozen Stirfry Peppers and Onions, 2oz Al dente Angel Hair Pasta) 550
1c Green Beans 40
Sub Total 590

Daily Total 1090

Water 72

I know it sounds low… but holy cow I ate a LOT of food today. I tried something today with the Pumpkin pancakes. I figured since yesterday I had used egg whites in the Eggs in a cloud they get really ridged but not hard like meringue mushrooms I used to make for Christmas but stable and firm. Soooo I beat 6 egg whites to a stiff peak then folded in a 15oz can of pumpkin flavored with pumpkin pie spice, molasses, a little brown sugar, and enough plain powdered creamer to make it not bitter and a little creamy. I tried both baking on parchment and in a pan. It got black (more really dark brown) on the stove with me keeping the lid on so it would steam too .. I preferred them this way. DD LOVED THEM!! She refused scrambled eggs this morning, but ate these with her cereal and strawberries instead. No syrup or anything added. Thinking about it now I think adding some oatmeal would make them easier to flip.

An exciting thing today ... new panties on ... woohooo ... My other panties were so loose I felt like I had a bag on under my pants ... anyways down 2 undie sizes. I haven't changed any other clothes but they feel looser over all and some of my tight shirts now fit( course my work pants were stretched tight sooo may be awhile *lol*

solar planet~ congratulations on the half marathon !!

Mamakat~ Wowsa you had an awesome weekend then … YAY!!! Oh my DD was so moving it … although not the same moves as the game said to.. But eh she kept moving and was hitting the beats so the game registered the points for her. Really have to work on her taking directions and listening so she can play games correctly. We are working on board games too … UGH that is a patients destroyer right there.

Kassie~ From your stats looks like you have lost a good bit .. Congratulations .. Keep up the good work and keep it healthy !! Woohoo and congrats on the pound down.

Erin ~ Man … that is heartbreaking!! Mmm that version of BigMac in a Bowl sounds good too … I am already craving it again myself.

Moondance~ I do not know why but Egg Salad on Egg bread sounds soooo wrong *lol*

ItsMyTurn ~ Thank you very much … I realized today that from Sunday to Sunday last week I lose over 8lbs * blinks * I obviously was holding on to some water weight as I was loosing weight there. Good to hear work is calming down for you so you can fit in a little you time.

JoJo~ Hmmm that is strange …maybe your stomach was trying to digest something from before and it was causing the pain? Hopefully its not to bad tomorrow.

Diana~ I am feeling ok.. Not great and normal yet but better over all … hit a TOM right after starting my antibiotics so I am hoping that is what is effecting the meds.. Still have an infection going on in my sinuses and ringing in my ears from where they are still full. If its not cleared up when my antibiotics are finished I will be giving the dr a call. She actually intentionally gave me 10 days of Keflex 500mg 3x a day and said if the infection had not cleared up in 7 days to keep taking the antibiotic the whole 10 days. I am prone to sinus and ear infections, so I watch that. I am sorry your DH is still feeling under the weather!!

Definition in the arms can't be to bad. I bet the water weight is due to your body trying to make muscle in your arms.. those guys at work might think twice at picking when they see your guns. Then again if they come bouncing by the window do a little Big Poppa Pump arm move ( go like your going to make a muscle and pretend to pump it up so your lifting it closer to your face then kiss your bicep) on them or maybe an Incredable Hulk and they will probubly fall over laughing.

Last edited by qtkitty; 02-20-2012 at 11:35 PM.
qtkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:18 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 196/190/150

Height: 5'7

I thought I'd get right back on board today, after standing still with my weigh in this morning, but it- again, wasn't the worst day, but certainly wasn't the best. I need to get back into my juicing habit- fresh juice first thing was helping, I think...

Here's today:

morning: 2 cups coffee with almond milk, and 2 slices sprouted grain toast with coconut margarine & raspberry jam.

lunch: 4 small salad rolls (rice paper wraps filled with leftovers from sushi- cucumber, carrot, red pepper, avocado, and dipped in about 1 Tbsp sweet chili sauce), & about 1 cup of leftover carrot & yam baked tempura, dipped in soy sauce.

snack: almond milk, strawberry & banana milkshake (1 cup almond milk, 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup frozen strawberries.

dinner: can of Amys lentil soup. Leftover baked eggplant tempura for dipping.

snack: handful of raisins mixed with a handful of chocolate chips, for nibbling

Hope everyone had a good day!
Christaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:46 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 186/169/130

Height: 5"6

Weekends are hardest I think - but there is temptation everywhere.

Today I stayed right on track and really packing away the veggies! That and water seems to create the illusion of fullness.

Some things I am doing - flavouring the water with the little packets of 0 calories. snacking on diet bars - like special k - they are 100 calories. Tonight I had a cup of hot chocolate for a treat - 120 calaories.

I notice I eat alot of seafood now to keep on track. Salmon and tuna are so low in calories!!

I will admit, I would love to have a piece of homeamade bread drowned in butter! LOL! I feel like that whole bread thing is a slippery slope for me thou, so not making that a cheat item!!
lcard is offline   Reply With Quote