Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 09:32 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 320/231/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanmalott View Post
Have either of you tried using Crystal Lite tea in your water? It tastes so good you feel like you're cheating. No sodium and if you use the little packets only 4 calories. WAY good.

nanmalott
I like variety so I use:

Crystal Light Natural Pink Lemonade 5 Calories 0 Sodium
Crystal Light White Grape 5 Calories 5 mg Sodium
Crystal Light Sunrise Classic Orange 10 Calories 0 mg Sodium
Ocean Spray Cran-Lemonade 10 Calories 20 mg Sodium
Ocean Spray Blueberry Lemonade 10 Calories 20 mg Sodium
Ocean Spray White Cran-Peach 10 Calories 100 mg Sodium
Hawaiian Punch, Sugar Free 5 Calories 0 mg Sodium
Thirst Quencher Cherry Limeade 5 Calories 0 Sodium
Thirst Quencher Grape 5 Calories 0 Sodium
Great Value Energy Wild Strawberry 5 Calories 0 Sodium
Great Value Energy Peach Mango 5 Calories 0 Sodium
Winn Dixie Lemonade 5 Calories 35 mg Sodium

Larry,
Old 09-14-2011, 10:32 PM   #107  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Mamakat and Krystal.... I so know that eating bad turkey isn't good for you, but the funniest part is this (thank goodness I can laugh now, lol)... at the start of the weekend I asked DH if it smelled funny to him (I had just put together a smoothie, so couldn't feel the slimy, lol)... he said it didn't smell that bad. I was like "and you're sure?" He says "sure! I'd eat it if I did turkey". So I made three sandwiches to get me through... packed them in bags... ate one/day over the weekend and one on Monday... plus grabbed some to just eat alone in the afternoon on Sunday. He comes to me Monday night and says... "ummmm, honey? I had to throw out the turkey, are you ok having just provolone and lettuce on your sandwich tomorrow?" and I didn't understand... 'there was near a pound of turkey, why throw it out'.... he answers... cause it was rancid bad! LOL!!!! Oy vey! Geee, that might be the culprit! LOL! So didn't have any yesterday or today and things have "calmed" down again... not completely normal, but no pain, no... gross things, lol. Super yay for getting back to normal!!!! So tomorrow night I plan on throwing on my knee brace and hitting the gym... I so miss my strength training!!!!
Old 09-14-2011, 10:51 PM   #108  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

Checking in. I am scale watcher and I am seeing new numbers for next week!
Old 09-15-2011, 01:33 AM   #109  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

I know there are many coffee drinkers on this forum & since I'm a sucker for a nice S'bux Pumpkin Spice Latte' in the fall, I thought I'd be a dear and share this sweet find off MFP with you all!

Enjoy!

Pumpkin Pie Spice Latte

Ingredients:

2 cups milk (i used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
2 tablespoons of organic canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons of sugar or sugar substitute (i used truvia and only used 1 tablespoon)
2 tablespoons of vanilla extract (i just poured some in)
1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice(i would use a little less...the ginger flavor was a little overpowering)
1-2 shots of espresso(about 1/4 cup of espresso or 1/2 cup of really strong brewed coffee(this is what i did) if you dont have an espresso machine)

Directions:

in a saucepan combine milk, pumpkin, and sugar...cook on med. heat, stirring until steaming. remove from heat, stir in vanilla & spice, transfer to blender and process for 15sec. until foamy or if you dont have a blender just whisk really well with a wire whisk. if you use the vanilla unsweetened almond milk...its only about 140 calories for the whole thing! 8carbs, 2g protein, 5g sugars(from pumpkin & a little whipped cream-depending on how much you use could change that amount), 7g fat(from the almond milk) pour into a large mug or two mugs. add espresso or strong coffee on top.

***top with whipped cream and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg or cinnamon on top
Old 09-15-2011, 01:42 AM   #110  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

K9, that sounds awesome! I love pumpkin spice drinks. I'll have to try that when I make my pumpkin tarts this year. I have a recipe that I found for 100cal pumpkin tarts. If anyone wants it, I can link it when I'm not on my mobile.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:19 AM   #111  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Larry I live off of Hawaiian Punch SF mix. OMG, I feel like I'm cheating all day long when it's punch. I also do Wyler's pink lemonade, it's not as sweet but it cuts the icky water taste.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:42 AM   #112  
Life is about balance

Diana the sad thing is there are a lot of people THAT allergic to nuts and some of them just being near them can be dangerous. Restaurants/food industry know this (everyone knows it) and yet when you say "please no nuts, I'm allergic" and still get them (hidden or mixed in) it could be fatal. It may not be the case with you and picking out might be fine, but the restaurants need to be more vigil. I order a salad without croutons (low carb but more importantly gluten reasons) and when they come on I get mad. According to some doctors even traces of crumbs can upset the digestive tract. We don't "see" the reaction, but because of the Celiac's I don't absorb two major vitamins/irons/minerals: vitamin d and iron. I realize restaurants can't know the ins and outs of the human body, but no should mean no and not just because we're snotty customers.

But then what would life be like without some kind of drama, right?
Old 09-15-2011, 07:19 AM   #113  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Diana did you have any troubles?

Krystal; I have made some SB meals, but never followed it religiously. This time I am trying to follow it. -- I will hate phase 1...

I have atleast next 3 or 4 covered, which it will make it a lot easier. I placed my meal plan on fridge door; that way I won't cheat

SB may be the ideal diet for me because I have ceiliac.

So off I go to have my pre prepared egg and sausage cups for bfast

I will do 3.5 mile walk later.

Everyone have a FAB day!!
Old 09-15-2011, 07:26 AM   #114  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Weigh In: 145.2 (TTOM is still trying to hang on)
Down: .2

Sum My reactions don't normally show up immediately. It can take up to a day.

Last edited by Diana3271; 09-15-2011 at 08:35 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:29 AM   #115  

Morning everyone! Quickly checking while the kiddos are in the shower. I had a good on plan day yesterday, although eating was a little under cals. Had it all planned out on mfp, but missed a few small feedings, I have to go delete those and see where I ended up. I am really trying hard to not go under on my calories. I work out hard and need the fuel. Oh well.
Walked 1 hour in the morning and still got my run in later in the afternoon, another 3.5 miles. I felt really good running yesterday, hoped to get in 5 miles, but had to stop to drive the Mom taxi.
I will run again this morning, plan to have a snack pretty quick here, but adding protein this time. Ugh, food doesn't even sound good to me right now.
Ok, gotta crack the whip, get these kids moving!!!

Later for personals after my workout. . .
Old 09-15-2011, 07:50 AM   #116  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Floating a bit! Down almost a pounds which means I've broken into a new decade as zoodoo puts it. 70 pounds lost!!! I can feel how close I am now!!!
Old 09-15-2011, 07:51 AM   #117  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
I know there are many coffee drinkers on this forum & since I'm a sucker for a nice S'bux Pumpkin Spice Latte' in the fall, I thought I'd be a dear and share this sweet find off MFP with you all!

Enjoy!

Pumpkin Pie Spice Latte

Ingredients:

2 cups milk (i used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
2 tablespoons of organic canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons of sugar or sugar substitute (i used truvia and only used 1 tablespoon)
2 tablespoons of vanilla extract (i just poured some in)
1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice(i would use a little less...the ginger flavor was a little overpowering)
1-2 shots of espresso(about 1/4 cup of espresso or 1/2 cup of really strong brewed coffee(this is what i did) if you dont have an espresso machine)

Directions:

in a saucepan combine milk, pumpkin, and sugar...cook on med. heat, stirring until steaming. remove from heat, stir in vanilla & spice, transfer to blender and process for 15sec. until foamy or if you dont have a blender just whisk really well with a wire whisk. if you use the vanilla unsweetened almond milk...its only about 140 calories for the whole thing! 8carbs, 2g protein, 5g sugars(from pumpkin & a little whipped cream-depending on how much you use could change that amount), 7g fat(from the almond milk) pour into a large mug or two mugs. add espresso or strong coffee on top.

***top with whipped cream and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg or cinnamon on top
This sounds fantastic!
Old 09-15-2011, 08:34 AM   #118  
Life is about balance

Berry on the 70 #s down...awesome job...can I be you when I grow up You're inspiration!!!!

Good Morning Everyone,

I took nightly meds super early last night then fell asleep around 9.45 I didn't wake up til 5.55 five minutes before wake up...awesome. I have no idea what time the kids went to bed, can't even guarantee they did. DH told me to drink a tall glass of whiskey to ensure sleep (he's very bad pushing liquor on me ) of course I don't drink. I'm a good girl NOT. Even with all that sleep, I'm tired, but it might just be that I haven't fully woken up yet.

I have gained like 2#s. I'm sure it's water and not worried about it, but still hate to see it go up and not down or the same. I normally don't see that. Pizza is probably the culprit IDK. I woke up extremely hungry and of course had to wait an hour (thank you Hoshi) before I could scarf an Atkins bar. Now my tummy is happy

I hope you all have a great and healthy day.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:46 AM   #119  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Hi All
I've been up a couple hours now. I woke up with a headache (rare) and generalized all over body ache! I took care of all of these aches rather quickly with a Goody's Cool Orange and a 20 min soak in Village Naturals Body Salts for Aches and Pains. I promise, between this and BioFreeeze, I wouldn't know what to do after Brandon!
From yesterday, I feel 110% better at this hour.

Last night, just for laffs {b/c I was feeling 50 lbs heavier}, I stepped on my scale. In 14 hours, I packed on 3.2 lbs of water and it was ALL in my tummy! I really felt horrible. TOM hasn't been THIS bad in a few months.
2 lbs of it is gone this morning--thank goodness!

I do feel better today and lucky for me--no cravings! But I''ll still likely see an increase on my scale tomorrow for weigh-in, just b/c TOM is here. Guess I'll have to wait til next week to see if this altered plan is working or not.

I'll have to say, I feel so much better being off Splenda. I didn't realize how addicted I had become. Another thing I've learned--Don''t trade an evil for an equally bad evil!

Happi OP day for us all!
Old 09-15-2011, 08:58 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 305/285/250

Good Morning.....

Diana that's awful. And I do agree, restaurants need to be more careful.

I have a pan of MIM's in the oven. Normal recipe calls for making it in a coffee cup. But I saw where someone baked them in the oven also. Muffin in a Minute will bring some additional fiber to my plan. K9, Also made with cinnamon

I have what I need to make this plan work. If I fail, it is my own doing......but I think I will be fine. No, I know I will be fine.

That gym I was going to sign up for, 10$ a month? Well, they aren't opening for like 3 more months. Yes, the 10$ a month is a good deal compared to 30$ a month. But I am not paying for something I can't even use right now. I can get it free on Fit TV, well, I pay for the cable, so I may as well get something extra out of it right?

MMMMM I smell the muffin loaf....breakfast is calling...
ttyl

Last edited by Nanna7; 09-15-2011 at 09:01 AM.
Closed Thread