Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 02:41 PM   #136  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Berry I was wearing socks. I guess it would have been smarter if I didn't throw them away too, but I thought I would look silly walking down the street in socks. Of course I didn't look ridiculous walking at a fast pace carrying a water bottle and barefoot. Sometimes my anger gets the better of my brain. I might have been able to walk even faster with the socks as I was dodging all the debris from Hurricane Irene. There hasn't been a street cleaner yet. Now I'm worried I'll get an infection. I cleansed them then drenched them in peroxide...OMG that was painful!

I wonder what tomorrow will bring
Old 09-15-2011, 02:43 PM   #137  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post

Melissa: All I have to say to you this evening is WAY TO GO! You have managed to completely turn you life around—the right way—within one year! What an amazing accomplishment and example to your family! You are soooo close to goal! Share with us, if you will, what it is like to be where you are.
K9 - you are BETTER than where I was or am currently. You never let yourself go like I did. You never took your health for granted, like I did. I'm just trying to play catch up to where YOU are.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:07 PM   #138  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

mamakat Ouch -- Get some Band-Aid Advanced Healing Blister Cushions...they have worked great for me in the past.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:14 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 305/285/250

Height: 5'6"

You guys and all this running. You are awsome. Be glad when one day I can do that. I'm lucky to do a couple miles at a relatively fast pace. But run? Lord no......they would probably issue an alert for an earthquake.......lol
Old 09-15-2011, 04:04 PM   #140  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanna7 View Post
You guys and all this running. You are awsome. Be glad when one day I can do that. I'm lucky to do a couple miles at a relatively fast pace. But run? Lord no......they would probably issue an alert for an earthquake.......lol
Running isn't necessary. Some of the healthiest people I know are walkers. And, it does improve. When I started in January, I would huff and puff walking across a parking lot. I started with walking in place on the Wii balance board with the game "Walk it Out". Then. I started walking in place on the floor with the nunchucks. Then started using the aerobic step and took out slower and slower songs. And started Leslie Sansone's walking videos and some easier aerobic videos. And I started walking outside faster and faster (walking in place is way, way, easier than walking in real life). And finally this summer after 6 months if building endurance, I started going to the gym and I can keep up with most everyone except the really fit.

So, you'll get there. One step at a time.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 09-15-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:34 PM   #141  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I can't run. Even before I shattered my ankle, I was not able to run. Each time I tried; my ball joint in hip area would get inflamed. So I walk. Walking does not hurt my joints.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:43 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I can't run either, but I would love to. I grew up as a runner, and have given it a try at various other points but always end up hurting myself. I still have hopes though. I'm not going to try it until I reach 165, in the hopes that that won't be too much weight to take the pounding, and I'm going to start really slow and see how it goes. Fingers crossed!
Old 09-15-2011, 04:48 PM   #143  

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
How much are you eating every day? Is it possible that you are low on energy because you are eating too little and burning too much?

I exercise an hour about 5 times a week (I always plan on 6 days, but it ends up being about 5 because something always comes up to interfere) and I'm eating 1400 calories a day - some days 1600, some days 1200 - all depending on how I feel for hunger that day.

You are exercising more than me, so burning more than me and eating the same or less? Your body just might be dragging and hungry because it's not getting enough. An hour of fast walking burns over 350 calories. And you are walking PLUS running on top of that. Your body might be rebelling.
You are right! If only you had figured that out a month or two ago!!! I think that was my problem prior to the last couple weeks, I finally did the math and realized I was asking my body to survive on about 500 calories (net after exercise)! I have increased my intake for almost 2 weeks now and am starting to lose again (hoping it continues). I now try to net around 1400 so depending on what I do in a day, I am eating 1400-1900 calories. Oh, and I also changed my goal to try to lose 1# a week rather than 2 and that gave me more calories. So I am definitely not starving.
I have been more diligent about logging my food and am noticing I am not as high in protein as I thought I was, plus myfitnesspal already sets a low protein goal, so I am pretty low, like only getting average of 75g per day. I have upped my goal to 30% protein (fat 30% and carbs 40%). So now I am shooting for 125g per day. Good Lord, I wonder how much muscle I lost by eating too little protein and too few calories???? I was probably losing a pound of muscle for every pound of fat I lost! Live and Learn!
I am hoping the increased protein will help, but it is not as easy to increase it as I thought! I tried really hard today and I am currently at 65g and haven't had dinner, but not sure I can find something for dinner that has 60 grams of protein! Ha! How much protein do you eat in a day being a low carber? I did some research to come up with those numbers, but now I am questioning them.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:51 PM   #144  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Running got me thin tho. I think I was around 140 lbs ( I would love to be there NOW), and in 3 months time I was hovering around 120 pounds. That was 5 x week running. I started around 1.5 mile and at the end I was running 6 miles. -- I started having hip pain, but I kept just running, silly me... then it got so bad, I was not able to do anything for a few months
Old 09-15-2011, 04:59 PM   #145  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoodoo613 View Post
I can't run either, but I would love to. I grew up as a runner, and have given it a try at various other points but always end up hurting myself. I still have hopes though. I'm not going to try it until I reach 165, in the hopes that that won't be too much weight to take the pounding, and I'm going to start really slow and see how it goes. Fingers crossed!
I started really, really slow! People could walk faster than I ran, heck, I could walk faster than I ran ! I am just now getting to a respectable pace, but still slow to most runners, and it has been 9 months since I got back at it!!!
Old 09-15-2011, 05:02 PM   #146  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
Running got me thin tho. I think I was around 140 lbs ( I would love to be there NOW), and in 3 months time I was hovering around 120 pounds. That was 5 x week running. I started around 1.5 mile and at the end I was running 6 miles. -- I started having hip pain, but I kept just running, silly me... then it got so bad, I was not able to do anything for a few months
Yes, I have a hip that can act up at times too. I believe it was Vixsin that said she read if you have hip problems with running you could possibly have a weak core and that is me exactly! Need to work on my core!!! I hate core exercises with a passion!
Old 09-15-2011, 05:18 PM   #147  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
You are right! If only you had figured that out a month or two ago!!! I think that was my problem prior to the last couple weeks, I finally did the math and realized I was asking my body to survive on about 500 calories (net after exercise)! I have increased my intake for almost 2 weeks now and am starting to lose again (hoping it continues). I now try to net around 1400 so depending on what I do in a day, I am eating 1400-1900 calories. Oh, and I also changed my goal to try to lose 1# a week rather than 2 and that gave me more calories. So I am definitely not starving.
I have been more diligent about logging my food and am noticing I am not as high in protein as I thought I was, plus myfitnesspal already sets a low protein goal, so I am pretty low, like only getting average of 75g per day. I have upped my goal to 30% protein (fat 30% and carbs 40%). So now I am shooting for 125g per day. Good Lord, I wonder how much muscle I lost by eating too little protein and too few calories???? I was probably losing a pound of muscle for every pound of fat I lost! Live and Learn!
I am hoping the increased protein will help, but it is not as easy to increase it as I thought! I tried really hard today and I am currently at 65g and haven't had dinner, but not sure I can find something for dinner that has 60 grams of protein! Ha! How much protein do you eat in a day being a low carber? I did some research to come up with those numbers, but now I am questioning them.
Well, these are my totals from the last week:

Thursday: 1112 calories 44 fat 73 net carbs 89 protein. No exercise
Friday: 1285 calories 72 fat 79 net carbs 74 protein. No exercise
Saturday:1514 calories 77 fat 122 net carbs, 69 protein 1 hour exercise
Sunday: 1802 calories 84 fat 163 net carbs, 69 protein, 1.5 hours exercise
Monday: 1438 calories 87 fat, 94 net carbs, 59 protein, 1 hour exercise
Tuesday: 1262 calories, 61 fat, 86 net carbs, 75 protein 1.5 hours exercise
Wednesday: 1401 calories 56 fat, 80 net carbs, 51 protein, 1 hour exercise
Thursday: 1388 calories, 60 fat, 105 net carbs, 85 protein, no exercise

I don't buy into the high protein diets as protein is hard on the kidneys, so I eat a fairly high fat diet, but much of that fat comes from vegetable fats- olive oil, canola oil, nuts, peanut butter, then dairy, yogurt 2% milk fat) and string cheese and then lean meats.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:03 PM   #148  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

I feel like a million bucks right now! Jeannie, my masseuse, has the most powerful hands of any woman I know of her size. After a trip to her and Brandon, 2 Village Natural baths & 1 to come, I really feel fabulous! However, I don’t think I feel fabulous enough for my Cooper-Young race tomorrow night! There’s always another race this season and Cooper-Young will be here next year.

I was absolutely HUNGRY today! WTH!! Not really having cravings, but just hungry.

Today’s Menu
Cottage Cheese & Pineapple: 140
Greek Yogurt w/Raspberries & 1 tsp Agave, FF Cheese Real Egg Omelet, Lakewood Cranberry Juice: 359
Cabbage, Broccoli, Chicken, & Wild Rice Soup, Green Beans: 253
˝ Powerbar, Siler’s Mixed Beans: 315
Dinner: ??? (Something that is ~ 360 cals)
Total before dinner: 1067

Walk: 150
Water: 80 oz
Old 09-15-2011, 06:43 PM   #149  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Somehow I am not hungry today It never happens I skipped morning snack and I doubt I will have my evening snack either. Calories are kinds low.

Walk: 45 min at 42 mph

Foods
Breakfast
Sauce - Salsa, 2 tablespoon 9
turkey cups, 2 serving(s) 348

Lunch
Indian tomato soup, 0.5 serving(s) 75

Dinner
Steak Au Povre, 1 serving(s) 288
Cheesy Baked atichokes, 1 serving(s) 104

Snacks
lettuce wrappers with shrimp, 1 serving(s) 180

TOTAL: 1004 cal
Old 09-15-2011, 07:44 PM   #150  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Ugh, I didn't make my calories yet again, but I couldn't go shopping for dinner so had a small chef salad no dressing and only half the lettuce (dog loved eating the other half). My feet burn so bad so DD served the salad, but there wasn't any main course type food in the house for me. Oh I have learned a very good lesson...well, until the pain goes away then I'll forget

I hope you all had a great day.!
Closed Thread