Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-13-2011, 04:43 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 247.7/224.3/155

Height: 5'8"

I hope everyone is having a good day.

To those who are having a hard time, and not seeing the scale move. Keep pushing forward. Sooner or later it will come off, it has no where else to go.

Congrats to everyone on their weight loss, accomplishing your goals no matter how big or small, sticking to your workouts and sticking to a healthy food plan. You are doing great!
TransformingMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:07 PM   #212  
Forever Optimistic

S/C/G: 232/174/140

Height: 5'4"

Well, I think I'm done with this challenge. I joined late but was already working on seven pounds of my own challenge to get 10 lbs under my plateau weight. To day I hit it. My plateau was 197 and this morning I was slightly under 187.

Yay me!

Good luck everybody!
Napia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:28 PM   #213  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

Yet another day at 135.........
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:14 PM   #214  
(slim) shady

S/C/G: 193/188/155

Height: 5'2"

Thankfully today I weighed in lower than yesterday but STILL weighing more than what I weighed in at on Saturday. I am PRAYING that when this TOM passes I'll be surprised at what I see on the scale.

I mean it has to go down right?? I work out every day and do my points rigorously to the point that I usually am 10 points under the amount I'm allowed to eat! The weight HAS to come off .....

Went into the gym again today, 35 minutes on elliptical and some arm work outs. This will pay off!!

Congrats to everyone else on your losses! Keep going everyone!!!!

Last edited by steinanwine; 09-13-2011 at 09:15 PM.
steinanwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:57 PM   #215  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinanwine View Post
I mean it has to go down right?? I work out every day and do my points rigorously to the point that I usually am 10 points under the amount I'm allowed to eat! The weight HAS to come off .....
I'm usually the last person to jump on the "eat more to lose more" bandwagon, but with your weight and height, you probably get around 35 points a day? Eating 25 points is not enough.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:09 PM   #216  
going for gold

im to scared to jump on the scale this morning i messed up a bit last night at a family dinner where lasagna was involved... it was a spinach and ricotta one but i was feeling a bit sad about how i let myself get to my size because of a very rude little human being!! my house mate and myself went for our daily walk yesterday which is just under 6kms and we do it in under an hour now, it used to tak us a bit longer, but during our walk this man i should call him pig started shouting obsanities about us as him and his friends drove past in their 4x4, I couldnt make out exactly what he was shouting but it had to do with how "fat" we were... Ive been working really hard to stay on course, and this has put such a damper on the hole thing that im not sure i even want to do my walks in public anymore
Andynoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:38 PM   #217  
STREET DOG

S/C/G: 231/230/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinanwine View Post
I work out every day and do my points rigorously to the point that I usually am 10 points under the amount I'm allowed to eat! The weight HAS to come off .....
You may be underfeeding yourself. When I was doing WW in America I had a 32 point allotment each day. If I had gone 10 points under, I would've been depriving myself of a third of my daily intake! Reducing calories and bad fat is obviously a necessary part of the process, but if you take it too far you'll body will think it's starving and will hold onto every calorie you consume.

Best of luck!

Last edited by Kahokkuri; 09-13-2011 at 10:42 PM.
Kahokkuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:59 PM   #218  
Liz

S/C/G: 255.5/249.5/135

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andynoo View Post
im to scared to jump on the scale this morning i messed up a bit last night at a family dinner where lasagna was involved... it was a spinach and ricotta one but i was feeling a bit sad about how i let myself get to my size because of a very rude little human being!! my house mate and myself went for our daily walk yesterday which is just under 6kms and we do it in under an hour now, it used to tak us a bit longer, but during our walk this man i should call him pig started shouting obsanities about us as him and his friends drove past in their 4x4, I couldnt make out exactly what he was shouting but it had to do with how "fat" we were... Ive been working really hard to stay on course, and this has put such a damper on the hole thing that im not sure i even want to do my walks in public anymore
Oh honey I am sorry. I have had a couple of experiences like this. A month ago, my friend and I were walking and some guys drove by and screamed something sarcastic about how walking was such great exercise for us fatties
And a couple months ago I was running to class because I was late and some guy yelled run harder fatty!

These comments are very painful but you need to ignore those jerks and concentate on your successes and progress.
we can do this together.
howellbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:33 AM   #219  
(slim) shady

S/C/G: 193/188/155

Height: 5'2"

April Snow & Kahokkuri ... crap! I'm only allowed about 27 points on WW with regular exercise (this is not points plus). I used to only get about 24 so I figured I DID not want to eat more than what I use to get.

I didn't think about starving myself. This sucks. I'm not trying to, I dont feel hungry, I'm getting used to smaller portion sizes. Now I can't eat too much and I can't eat too little??? It shouldn't be this difficult! Ugh, I'm frustrated now. I guess I need to get over this and just try to eat more of my points. Maybe I need to pack larger lunches because right now they are super small. and probably only about 3 or 4 points. I think I've been only eating about 18- 20 points. I guess I'll try for closer to 25.

Today weighed in lower but still more than what I weighed on Saturday.

I'm feeling kind of discouraged about this points thing. I'm not going to stop but now I feel like I have to over think everything so I don't eat too little or too much. Oh well, glad for your advice though because I probably wouldn't have realized I was starving myself. Will definitely try to eat all of my points now and see how that goes.

Thanks guys .... heres to another healthy day!
steinanwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:41 AM   #220  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andynoo View Post
I am so sorry and disgusted to hear that you were treated this way. Please don't let what this idiot said discourage you from walking in public.
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:21 AM   #221  
Not Giving Up

S/C/G: 147/ticker/fit

Height: 5' 0.7"

Andynoo people can be mean and such jerks sometimes but those are people you don't have to see or may never see again in your life. Words can be hurtful but just take it with a grain of salt. I know it's easier said than done but if you let these type of people get to you it'll only bring you down. Cheer up!
Ryler832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:24 AM   #222  
Not Giving Up

S/C/G: 147/ticker/fit

Height: 5' 0.7"

Official weigh in day

SW at beginning of challenge 128.8
CW 125.4 (hallelujah, I finally see a drop after losing and then gaining the same weight back)

3.4 lb lost so far. Don't know if I'll make it to goal but it's still too early to say.
Ryler832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:51 AM   #223  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Scale was hopping between 154 and 153 this morning, hopefully I'll see 153 tomorrow so I can hit 5lbs at the halfway mark!

Last edited by sontaikle; 09-14-2011 at 11:01 AM.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:11 AM   #224  

S/C/G: 209/*ticker*/145

Height: 5'7

Back to 190 this morning, but its TOM so hopefully by friday it'll be lower.

Andynoo- Like everyone else said, do not let those jerks get to you. You are doing wonderfully. Keep up the good work! And remember , the only person that matters is you.
sabri711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:16 AM   #225  

S/C/G: 204.8/197/150

Height: 5'7

SW 201 lbs
GW 191 lbs

aiming for that 10 lbs in the next two weeks
Sophieeex3 is offline   Reply With Quote