Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 12:21 PM   #121  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Ye gads, another fly-by. This is super-frantic time, here (to differentiate it from normal frantic time ) So much to do, and so little time. DH leaves tomorrow, so I hope to be a little less pressed when he goes.

But.... I'm on Day 2, and accomplished all my goals for yesterday. Today's looking good, too. And I'm off to the gym for a nice, stress-bustin' workout.

Love you all!
Old 01-16-2003, 12:49 PM   #122  
Momma Frog

hi all!
I just wanted to pop in to let you know I'm doin allright! Because of the stress and emotional time right now, I've even adjusted my daily menu so that I can include 2 peices of chocolate and not feel like I've waisted some calories somewhere. (It's my way of coping right now!) LOL
My mom is doing much better today. She has been an emotional wreck but last night we died her hair and tonight I'm taking her for a haircut. I though maybe a little beauty in her life will help her to feel better about herself. The stressfull situation that she left has left her hair very thin and falling out. (She had thin hair as it was anyway) And she has lost a lot of weight because she was not eating properly. (Actually, she lost a little fat but mostly muscle tone from not eating)
As for my friend backing out of my wedding. I'm glad she told me this early. And that's about the only bright spot I can see right now.
I'm hoping that the dress we bought will fit my bridesmaid who we have not even begun to look for a dress for yet. I don't know who to make my maid of honor now.
Old 01-16-2003, 04:36 PM   #123  
Empress/Queen

Default Yowza, sort of ...

Been trying to decide if I should shop or sleep, so went for short walk. Work done for today, kind of, except for an interview that I think can wait until tomorrow ... or forever. Eating is high, but maybe won't go higher. We'll have to see about that.

Frogger: Glad your mom is doing a bit better. The hair thing is an excellent idea. Good for you for choosing to add some chocolate ... I couldn't stop at two but more power to thee!!!

Punkin: I liked Snape in the books but didn't get into him in the movie! I think I just didn't like the movie I saw, just didn't make it for me from start to finish. Glad to hear thee concureth with the St. Pat's Day Thingie. I don't have cable (costs too much and I don't care for TV much anyhow) or would surely be watching that health challenge thing, as I love anything that has to do with a challenge. Can you post what happens on the thread from time to time? I even like Celebrity Mole in Hawaii!

Kaylets: Sorry thy dh be having a health problem. Hope he did not venture to work. I love the Mark Twain quote. Methinks, though, that Amarantha hath too much imagination.

Anagram: I missed shouting CONGRATULATIONS! on thy .4 loss yesterday, which is almost a half pound which is almost a WHOLE (because how can a sustain life missing a half of itself?) Good work, Anagramatic!!!

Arabella: Good work on Day 2. Amarantha be going to look and see if thou's posted in thy journal in a sec!!! Hope work be going well today! I haven't had a chance to read thy thread about exercise but will go there now also.

Amarantha be having a nervous breakdown over TICKS this season. They have not died out as it is too hot this winter. There's never been a problem before but now Old Dog be picking them up all the time. Amarantha be spraying, cleaning, inspecting every 10 minutes, seemingly. OD hath not been allowed to go out by herself for days and she be not happy and she be climbing walls and howling at the moon. Literally, this caused A. to overeat today, until Juliana the Overseer stepped in and said, "Get over it, Amarantha! That's not helping at all!"

My full report on yesterday be in the journal and I shall NOT copy and paste it and clog up the thread anymore than I'm doing at the moment! The way this week is going, A. will be happy to just maintain her pitiful hold on the 150s and hope for better luck next week as she wendeth her way to St. Pat's Day! (The day that's the color of JADE, more or less!)

Day 3
Old 01-16-2003, 06:24 PM   #124  

Sure the interview can wait for tomorrow (I could be a very bad influence there). Thou needest time off to reset equilibrium sometimes. Myself put on robe, flannel nightie and slippers about 5:45 this evening. I do not usually do this but feel worn out and stressed out (brainwise) and just felt a little coddling of self is due. Log in the fireplace and tea brewed and waiting for me.

Frogger, how about just going for the one attendant or, if feasible, having Mom as Matron of Honor? I've seen that done on occasion. Some Moms fill the bill well. One of the big moments of my life was when daughter asked me to walk her down the aisle along with her dad. As she said "where is it written only fathers do that?" Then she worried she upset him by taking something away. He, in fact, was delighted with the idea.

Alternately, does hubby to be have a female relative who could be an attendant and let previously named attendant move up to MOH? Wedding choices are NEVER easy. But nothing like them (except babies and christenings).
Old 01-16-2003, 06:58 PM   #125  
deleted2

Just cruising thru quickly to say hello! Sucessfully completed Day 16 and have even done Pilates 8 days in a row now and am feeling nicely stretched out! [The Pilates thing is one of those little challenges I set for myself.]

Punkinseed, I'm planning to watch tonight. I recall being fascinated by all the different personalities in the last one! Also, I'm going to PM some of the HP links to you now, so you'll have a shiny new addiction for this weekend. I can't get enough! About the Snape thing: I think he's an interesting character because he's so "slippery"--is he good? is he evil? I've always been a sucker for 'things are not always as they appear' themes.

Old 01-16-2003, 07:40 PM   #126  

Smile Hello all!

Cipro and Advil Liquicaps are making DH much more comfortable although how he made it thru the day is beyond me. Sheer stubborness I think. But also, just the relief of feeling better. Even talking to him on the phone at 4:30, I could tell he was feeling much more comfortable.
Bought some lo sugar cranberry juice for DH to drink 1-1 w/ water as that's worked very well for me in the past. Also bought some real cranberries to use baking. Just have to come up w/ something safe. Any ideas out there>?

Btw, Empress, the cobbler recipe sounded yum- too bad I never have seen lo sugar pie filling here. Here on the east coast there's a cream ( salve?) in a tube that you put behind the dog's head and is supposed to ward off ticks. But I'm not sure how well it works especially for bigger dogs.

Good for you Arabella -- for staying on track when things are even more frantic than usual!

Anagram- our Dsil suffers from gout too!

Frogger- I am so impressed that you have taken your mom in without even a single complaint! I know lots of children your age would feel it was an imposition. And hats off that your fiancee has welcomed your mom too. The "makeover" sounds great. I imagine your mom has a lot to process mentally. Hopefully, she isn't blaming herself- sounds like your stepfather is a number one clod. And she's only going to be better off without him. At least mentally.

I was relieved to see the scale show 176 again this am. Its been almost 2 weeks of floating 2-3 lbs above that but now that I'm back on the water wagon and TOM bloat nearly gone, !!!!!!!!

Punkinseed- so glad you mentioned the challenge! I think I'll go join DH under the quilts and take a look!

Snow is due to start about the same time the Discovery Challenge begins!

Later!
Old 01-17-2003, 01:27 AM   #127  
Empress/Queen

Juliana the Overseer disappeared sometime between Amarantha's last post and sundown, leaving chaos behind and a calorie count of 3250. Exercise was 40 minutes of walking. Need Juliana back but no one can seem to find her. Maybe she'll return tomorrow.

Kaylets: I haven't seen a cream but think that'd work better than the spray repellent I used. I'm spraying the house, furniture, etc., also, though I dislike these chemicals. I can't believe how I'm obsessing over this. Glad thy dh is better ... cranberries are delicious in an all-fruit smoothie, especially with blueberries, BTW. But that might seem too cold for thee with the snow.

Eydie: Pilates is wonderful therapy and thou inspireth me to start it up again. Good for you for thy eight-day streak.

I think Snape is both evil and good. But what is Harry?
Old 01-17-2003, 06:06 AM   #128  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Smile Day 3.

Another quickie, but posting, which is good, right? DH leaves today, so I am working to get myself in the proper frame of mind to take advantage of this time. I really need to, especially when things are potentially crazy work-wise. The only way I'll get through it without resorting to the dreaded binges is to devote extra attention to taking care of self and stress levels. I vow to do that!

Amarantha, here's a link that could be helpful in your doggie troubles:
http://www.revolutionpet.com/revcons...nfo/index.html
I tried this product on our cats, and it was so much easier and less traumatic than all the heroic efforts that one has to take otherwise. Think it works the same for dogs, and it was VERY effective, VERY quickly.

Must be off, but I may get a chance to come in later and post again. Today I'm supposed to get my assignments for next week, so I should have some idea of how wild things will be.

Love to all! Let's make it a good one!
Old 01-17-2003, 06:17 AM   #129  

Smile Finally Friday!!

Hello all!!

This time the "drive by snow storm" was just that, although its 20 degrees- I will an take an alternate route to work avoid the road I spun out b/4 Christmas. That road isnt a bridge but is built over a large wetland which I believe gives the same effect.

Cranberry smoothie- ! great idea- have to experiment this weekend.

So, out to brave the great outdoors!

Today's thought is: You don’t get harmony when everybody sings the same note. Doug Floyd

To best choices!
Old 01-17-2003, 07:37 AM   #130  
Momma Frog

Good Morning Ladies!

Anagram- I was actually considering having mom walk me down the aisle. Either her or my brother or my 2 nephews who are my age and are my best friends. I don't know. No, my fiance doesn't have any female relatives who would fit the bill IMO. He has no sisters or female cousins (isn't that insane?!) He has a bestman and groomsman, so I wanted to sort of keep it even. I know it doesn't have to be even, but I'm a Virgo and everything has to ballance!!

Kaylets- The only complaint that I have is that she thinks she has to do the dishes or clean the apartment everyday to earn her keep!! I wish she would just take it easy! Seriously though, we all love her and anyone of my siblings would take her in too. They are more than willing to help out with anything she needs. My phone has never rang so much with calls from them!!

Weighed in yesterday afternoon (boy am I trying for the most non consistant record or what?) Still down 4lbs.

Everyone have a good day!
Old 01-17-2003, 08:33 AM   #131  

Frogger, I too am a Virgo so know whereof you speak. We can be such self punishing people. So great you have siblings willing to help.

I shall be on the lookout for the Overseer. Her services would be most handy here. But will turn her westward if I catch sight of her.

Glad thy dh is doing better, Kaylets. Anything "kidney" scares the wits out of me these days. And as you said, with diabetes you are dealing with a whole different scenario.

Hope your assignments don't make next week too wild, Arabella. A little "you" treat everyday is a wise thing.

Having trouble getting it moving this morning. Our "driveby" wasn't bad either. Did leave a couple of inches but found our driveway already cleared when I came down this morning. Did I mention we have great neighbors? Well, back to the green tea and then on with it.

Last edited by anagram; 01-17-2003 at 08:36 AM.
Old 01-17-2003, 09:46 AM   #132  
Empress/Queen

Yo! Thankee for the link, Arabella. Methinks that will help!

Valentine Victorious Ones, I have an evil plan today to submit a package to a paper that has turned me down THREE TIMES. They think I'll go away, but they don't know me well at all! So I'm telling my tale with the following from my 3FC journal. Sorry again for double posting!!!

Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye, listen up! To all citizens o' the Empire o' Fit Folk, I am the TRIBUNESS O' RATIONALITY AND BALANCE! I arrived in the Empire sometime around 4 a.m. this morning to fill the gap left by the false Juliana the Overseer, who promised to help thy poor demented empress, Amarantha, rid herself o' the Binge Demons. Juliana left her post yesterday afternoon and never returned, leaving Amarantha to emotional overload over a variety of topics both small and large (being an empress is no easy thing) and in her state of chaotic thought and her lack of rationality and balance, she actually OPENED THE DOORS OF THE IMPERIAL PALACE AND LET THE BINGE DEMONS IN!

The message went out over the Fine Fitness Fone Flittery Network (FFFFN) that the palace had been breached and Amarantha was unable to control the Binge Demons and Juliana was gone, apparently forever. The Universal Continuum of Weight and Health Management called me in and explained the case to me and I arrived at the palace, calmed Amarantha by encouraging her to lift weights, submit a resume for a new job, and throw out all the sugar in the palace. By then the Binge Demons were sated and receptive to the suggestion they take a hike, which they did.

I shall remain in the empire indefinetely to act as advisor to Amarantha.
Old 01-17-2003, 10:57 AM   #133  
Is it Friday yet?

It's Friday!!!!

I'm a happy camper... after over 3 years of orthodontic appointments, braces 3 times since I was 7 and, well, $4000 this shot alone, I'm almost done!!!!! I've been out of braces since April 2001 but he's been playing with my retainers ever since - I had an appt. yesterday now I don't have to go back for 3 months!!! My longest span ever.... I thought this would never end. I have a pricey smile that I'm proud of though!

The Discover Health Body Challenge was great! I really like how they're doing this one with prizes along the way instead of points. The people are real similar to the ones they had the last time - some of their personalities are a little deja vuey, but it did inspire me to do one thing different next week. Cook ahead. I do this a lot anyway, but now I'm going to take some time on Sunday to cook up a few chicken breasts, defrost a container of soup, premake some salads (love those Gladware containers!) and that way I eliminate the "unplanned" meals and most of my lunches & dinners for the next week are already 1/2 done!

Amarantha - I have brown wrapping paper and plenty of boxes. You say the word and we're mailing what*ever* you want!

Eydie - Thanks again for the links....

Kaylets - Hubby's almost back to normal!!! Good to hear.... the only cranberry recipes I have are pretty nasty diet-wise since I used 'em for Christmas breads. Have you tried allrecipes.com? I get almost all my recipes from them.

Frogger - It sounds like you'll be just fine in your MoH quest. Have you though of having a male stand in for you?? That's been done too. I'm so relieved you and your Mom have the support of your siblings too. Family, friends, the people who love you, always make a tough time easier.

Big hugs to everyone! It is my goal today to do as little as possible!

Terri
Punkin o' Friday!
Old 01-17-2003, 05:57 PM   #134  
Is it Friday yet?

Wow... the page loaded and I swear I can hear crickets!!!!

Where is everyone??? Hopefully out enjoying an early weekend!!!

I'm outta here - off to Curves, then home. Have a great weekend everyone!

Terri
Old 01-17-2003, 08:28 PM   #135  
Empress/Queen

Crickets? Hmmmm. Not many folkettes posting today. I'm in a posting mood, but needeth to exercise. Still having various nervous breakdowns all day but the arrival of the Tribuness hath calmed Amarantha and ended eating day at 1770. Did weights but need to walk.

Punkin, wouldst thou sendeth me a good weigh-in in thy brown paper? I'm sure I'm up again ... this week hath been a foodfest!

Have forgotten to put my in ... it's day four but I AM having sweets, just no candy.

Walgreen's has just started selling my favorite pastry that I usually have to go all the way to Trader Joe's for. It is a kind of puff pastry twist ... lowfat (or no fat, I'm not sure, have to look at the package again), no cholesterol, no transfat, low calorie and low sugar, but you'd never know it, as it's quite sweet with a crispy kind of glaze. It is sold as a "healthful" alternative sweet treat. These originally came in a cinnamon flavor but now there are several kinds ... my favorite is maple french toast.

Punkin, I am with thee in cooking ahead. Last week I made spaghetti with turkey meatballs and put it into small servings and froze. It really helped me get back on track to have that today.

Well, I'm off to walk!
Closed Thread