Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2003, 09:22 PM   #31  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Wink evening clunketh down

Hi all....just got back from puppy training class...she is doing well. But I want FOOD! You may wish I hadn't learned how to do that. Coping mechanism....hot water in microwave, tub is calling my name along with a book. That will keep me away from the siren kitchen, and then I'll just pop into bed and watch Judging Amy...one of the few I enjoy.

So' night all....have met my goals for the day, 2 gyms under the belt for the week...and will motor on.

Anagram, sorry to hear of your sister. It is always a shock when things go wrong health-wise with those we are close to. Maybe you need to borrow that little bug thing and have it crawl on those cookies?

Kaylets! How wonderful for you. Just remember to breathe. I'm not sure that passing out at 2 minutes is a good thing.

Punkin you are lucky. Our postal system would just never be able to find it!!!!!!

Amarantha come on, tell all. We are perched on the edge of our collective seats and holding our breath. What's up with the trash....real or inhabiting?

Will wander by tomorrow

Ceara
Old 01-07-2003, 11:41 PM   #32  

Default another good day!

Hey girls, i think im on to something, dont want to say that to loud might hoax myself,haha. well today i dident have school, so cought up on homework and housework and sleep,haha . Today was a good day i dident mess up on anything eating wise. I really enjoy lean cuisines and there filling and tasty too. Ive been eating fruit and adding veggies to all my meals, or try too.
Water...getting more of that in daily also, i find if i keep filling my cup with ice and more water i;ll just sip on it all day long, instead of trying to gulp alot at one time. it helps.
will weigh in on friday..wish me luck.
Going to lunch friday with a friend, looking forward to that . I already plan to eat healthy. shes the one who had bypass surgery done, she eating more now. well gotta get in bed school tomorrow, have a good day all...
later and lighter senamay
Old 01-07-2003, 11:53 PM   #33  

Default forgot...

WHAT I LOVE ABOUT MYSELF TODAY....

I AM THINKING MORE POSITIVE ABOUT MY EATING HABITS,
AND MAKING BETTER CHOICES!!!!!!! whooo hoooo
Old 01-08-2003, 01:21 AM   #34  
Empress/Queen

Default Night falleth ...

Yo! Back from mountains and have my trashcan back, too! Had to go get it, though, as police had left it two houses down. Have not had time to find out much about what was happening. Nothing on the news or in the paper. Frustrating.

Ended eating day at 1575 calories, only 20 minutes of exercise (weights). Too tired to walk. Very pleased that I'm able to hold to the no eats between 9 p.m. to midnight and that I didn't binge on way home from the paper. The water blitz is history for me, can't get in even the 32 ounces for the past three days, but going for some soon.

Day 3

Anagram: So sorry to hear the news about thy sister needing the surgery. Thou hast had so much on thy plate with dh and now this, but it be good that the decision has been made and the surgery is scheduled. I like thy Pollyanna streak, never lose it! Thou be right, it is better to feel positive and I can't imagine that thou hast ever looked silly believing that! Go for it!

Senamay: Sounds like thou be thriving in school and healthwise also! Kudos on keeping the good eating going during this time of transitioning to college!

Ceara: Good job on the color!!! Amarantha wanteth food also ... but hanging to her witching hour ... breakfast snackie at midnight!!! Congrats on meeting thy goals two days running!!!

Kaylets: Good luck on thy speech tomorrow! Public speaking be such a good activity and helpful in so many ways to individual development ... and fun, too!

Punkin: Hope thy trip to Bend proved successful and thy bed hath arrived in Costco! Is it snowing in Bend? I think thou be onto something about actually feeling hunger. It be a good thing to realize we won't expire if we wait to eat until we are sure we are really hungry and not just filling stomach space with useless glurp, as I so often do, thinking I am preventing hunger when really I'm just filling space.

Wildfire: Thou hast my sympathy re the work situation! It does pay the rent, but it can be a real pain! Good job on the pretzels and water!!!

Gotta go as Old Dog is wanting to go out. Very concerned about ticks this year as have seen some. Spraying daily but that worries me, too. Obsessing!
Old 01-08-2003, 05:59 AM   #35  

Smile Wonderful Wednesday!

Hello all!

Thanks for the good wishes Empress- yes, I am trying to have fun w/ the public speaking - -The initial "speech' is supposed to be an introdution to the group so they learn something about you--But I think I'll have them smiling in a few places w/ my descripitions of how my "Fear Factor" has made my heart pound, hands sweat and frozen my tongue --

On that same note, I am hoping to wear a dress to give me a little more confidence. DH had gone to sleep b/4 I could get to search the closet so we'll see what I can find this am that fits.

Today's thought is:
"It's never too late--in fiction or in life -- to revise" ----Nancy Thayer

To all the best choices!
Old 01-08-2003, 06:36 AM   #36  

Hi All
Well Im back once again. I just never seem to get a chance to get on here. I had WI finally this is the first one since Dec 17 and it was great, over the holidays I lost 2.2 lbs that puts me at 79.2 lost all together. im in for the Valentines day challenge. I will also be part of the no candy challenge. I haven't had any since I finished the box of Brandy chocolates, just a small box and I made sure I only had 2 a day so that wasn't too bad. For the Valentine challenge I would like to get to 185 that will be down about 7.4, so far I have not met one of these challenges. That is ok though because Im still going down and that is what is important.

What do I love about myself now:
The fact that I feel fantastic.
I look so much better
I now like to have my picture taken
and most importantly I now love going shopping for clothes.

I will try to get in here more often but it is so hard with working all the time and my daughters are always on here so I will try to get back to my early morning visits.
Old 01-08-2003, 07:30 AM   #37  
deleted2

Ceara, thanks for the info on the fun weight loss site! And I'm so envious of you having a puppy--is it still in that needle-tooth, fat stage? Our dog is 7 years old [when did that happen?] and we're always thinking we should get him a puppy.

Punkin, I was at a craft store and there was a whole wall of stickers. I had no idea! Snagged some cool Hogwarts stickers there!

Kaylets, let us know about your speech. I know you'll be great!

Anagram, sorry to hear about what's happening with your sister. Did the tests show anything conclusive? Keep thinking positive--it's one of your many charms!

Senamay, love hearing about your new adventures. We're all proud of you!

Amarantha, can't wait to hear what the big drama was about! Yesterday afternoon, a friend of ours who happens to be a deputy stopped by for a visit. It was great to see him but a little surreal to have a guy in our house who couldn't sit down because of body armor and whose radio keeps crackling and the gun made me plenty nervous. I much prefer seeing him in his street clothes!

Yesterday, I successfully completed my 7th day of "good behaviour" and that feels really good!

Old 01-08-2003, 07:31 AM   #38  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Thumbs down Day 7!

Good Morning, Valiant Ones!
I've made it to Day 7, 1/3 of the way around the 21 Day Challenge block. Woooooo- hooooo! I've learned a neat trick to fool myself into not procrastinating on the computer (like clicking to a non-research Web site without thinking about it when I'm supposed to be working - ooops! ) I just copy down the research stuff I want to work with and then disable my Internet connection until I finish what I'm working on. Takes the impulse factor out of the equation, like sitting down at the table does for eating. I thought of it yesterday, remembering how efficient I used to be sometimes when the connection was iffy and I would just work offline. I'm going to do it today! Yesterday, I spent way too much time emailing back and forth with an editor, who perhaps doesn't remember that, as a freelancer, I don't actually get paid for that time. This will work much better!

Today, I love my capacity to be resourceful, and intend to practice it as much as possible!

Dollar, you should be very proud of where you are - you've done FABULOUSLY!!! I am seriously aiming to be close to the fabled Onederland by VDay and to arrive soon after. You're an inspiration!

Senamay, good for you, going back to school! Talk about smart! What are you studying?

Kaylets, do you find that the public speaking generalizes over into other areas? I sometimes think that it would be good for me to do, to make me more at ease in social situations.

Valentines All: Have a fantastic day! LOVE!
Old 01-08-2003, 11:37 AM   #39  
Empress/Queen

Default NFBNPTM ...

Morning riseth, then droppeth like stone!!! No motivation, need to write, need to finish walk, need to go off to meetings!

Howsomever, am doing well with diet and that's all that counts, right?

Arabella: Sounds like a good plan thou hast for getting thy work done! I started this year doing good in that regard but am now behind again. Determined to get done by Saturday night! For me that's the key, to have days off with no writing ... at least not the paying kind, which is where the stress comes in.

Eydie: Amarantha knoweth not what the drama was other than the tale told by neighbors who don't speak English and my Spanish is very poor. I don't think they have it right but it involved a shooting. I'm not in the loop as far as the police here, so they aren't telling me either. End of high drama ... for now ... this street is a hotbed of criminal activity, so it's only a matter of time until something else happens. Thy deputy friends soundeth nice! CONGRATULATIONS ON THY SEVEN DAY O' GOOD BEHAVIOR!!!!

Dollar: Woo-hoo! Thou be doing great!!! Amarantha hath never met one of these challenges either (well, kind of that first week of the blitz, but then ...) but the main thing is they help us go down further. Thou hast lost a huge amount and I'd bet thee looketh and feeleth fabulous! Welcome to the subgroup o' Victorious Valentines!!!

Kaylets: Knock 'em dead today! I know you'll do great on thy speech! What color dress did you choose?

To All: WE'RE GLORIOUS! WE'RE VICTORIOUS! WE'RE THIN! WE'RE IN! WE'RE HEP! YOU BET! WOO-HOO! CAN DO!!!

Today I love myself because no matter how much I messed up yesterday (not foodwise, but lifewise), I'm ready to keep going.

Day 4
NFBNPMTM (explained in journal): Day 4

Last edited by Amarantha2; 01-08-2003 at 11:53 AM.
Old 01-08-2003, 11:56 AM   #40  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Request:

My beloved cat, Dickens, had to go into the Vet's for emergency surgery today for a blocked urinary tract. We'd run out of his special food and substituted Cat Chow for about a week - I never dreamed it could cause a problem in such a short time.

The vet said that both the anaesthesia and operation were risky and he might not make it, so please, if you could send him some good thoughts for strength and healing, I would so appreciate it.
Old 01-08-2003, 12:17 PM   #41  
Is it Friday yet?

Soooo sleepy today! I kinda made myself a deal that if I go home, dust off the elliptical and do some house work that I can skip the drive to town to Curves today... I may change my mind once I wake up... but I just want to go home.

The trip to Bend's post office was thankfully uneventful. The man behind the complaints counter was super nice and very helpful and told me it happens all the time - that in fact the only things they *haven't* gotten in the mail are pets and children . I filled out my form and he said they'd call me when they found it.

My consolation trip to Coscto (since I was in Bend) was great though. No feather bed unfortunately, but I did finally buy a DVD player.... welcome to the 21st century. I also bought Signs to watch.

Kaylets - I had the time problem when I first started at WW. We were told to speak for 3 minutes and after about 30 seconds I was done. Slow down your normal speaking, take breaths... you'll do great!

Anagram - I'm sorry about your sister having to have surgery. I will think good positive thoughts right along with you on this one!

Ceara - Oooh, warm tub. That may be on the list of 'things to do' tonight for me too!

Senamay - Keep up the awsome work! Adding extra fruits n' veggies is an excellent idea... (thanks for the reminder!)

Dollar - I think you're doing incredible and should be very proud of what you've accomplished. I understand being busy - drop in when you can and let us know how you're doing.

Eydie - You'd think I was a nut if you saw my sticker book. It's a 12x12 book, with some 50 pages. Each page has slots for different sized stickers and the damned thing is so full I can't zip it. There's a joke about scrapbooking not being a hobby, but an obsession - I'd have to agree.
You brought back a memory about police clothing... I remember only hugging my ex goodbye *before* he got dressed for work - I just couldn't stand the feeling of hugging a bullet proof vest. On the funny side, he once accidently maced the inside of our car when he sat down wrong in all that get up. Not a pleasant experience...

Ok, time to get some work done!

Terri

What I love about me today - I'm self sufficient - I got my tv moved, dvd player hooked up and put everything back with no help.
Old 01-08-2003, 12:40 PM   #42  

Default thanks all

thanks to all who think im smart for going back to school, well iaaint dumb, but i aint smart either.haha im somewhere inbetween. right know only taking writing and intro to college class which is enough for me right now. the writing class is kinda challenging.
Will try to get to the ymca tonight to walk on the dreadmill oh i mean treadmill,haha i actually like walking.
well enough on me, i have housework to do before the kids get home. take care all. later and lighter senamay
Old 01-08-2003, 12:43 PM   #43  

Default FORGOT AGAIN

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT ME TODAY.....

I HAVEN'T BEEN REALLY DEPRESSED IN AWHILE, AND THATS A GOOD THING!!!!
Old 01-08-2003, 03:14 PM   #44  
Is it Friday yet?

Senamay, *not* experiencing depression is an excellent thing! I've been treated for it in the past and it's an ugly, ugly thing... I'm so happy you're doing so well!!!!

Didn't get a chance to finish my last post....

Amarantha - No, no snow. Believe it or not, I'm thinking that bothering to put on my studded tires was a waste of time this year! It's rained like it's spring, heck even the temps have been warm... El Nino! However, the fog is incredible - it's been London-like around here. It does make me a bit homesick for my old Napa Valley too. No hot air balloons in central Oregon though!

Time to go hunt down some lunch!

Terri
Old 01-08-2003, 04:13 PM   #45  
Opera Diva

Hey everyone, welcome to the mid-week hump! Just means that we're halfway to the weekend as far as I'm concerned. This weekend I'm heading down to Oregon to spend a week with my best guy friend - after being separated from him for almost 3 weeks of Christmas vacation, I'm starting to actually miss school! While I'm down there, I'm finally going to get my bellybutton pierced! It's something I've been wanting to do for a while, but I would never do it until I had a tummy that I would be willing to show people (otherwise, what's the point, right?) I think it'll go along nicely with my goal to wear a 2 piece bathing suit - for the first time EVER.

How is everyone's no-candy pledge going? I just ask because I'm sitting here right now eating fruit snacks right out of the jar they are kept in. In my mind, I know I should probably stop eating them, since I'm not hungry, but by actually writing it down here, can I work up the motivation to put them back!

Guin
Closed Thread