Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2003, 08:01 PM   #151  

Smile Sunday pm

Hello!

Is everyone watching football??

Even my DH who doesnt follow any team in particular sat down and watched as the Philadelphia team was playing.

Found jeans in 14's. Let's put it this way- The waist is definitely not loose!! That's ok- they do zip up easily, the waist will just be a reminder for a little while.
In fact, another site I enjoy was talking about getting rid of baggy, stretched out elastic clothes as it really give us the wrong idea about how REAL clothes fit us. After a few days of letting that sink in, I see the point. The elastic isnt a good gauge. You can gain and " must be ok, this still fits" - and if you lose, you're cheated from a NonScaleVictory- and that's no fun!
I need the visual! And the reward too! :dizzy

Dh had a remote starter installed on his "new" truck. How nice to go out and have the heat blowing!!
At first I thought it was an extravagance to do it on my car too but I'm already spoiled by his! Honestly, if you know anyone who is diabetic or has circulation problems, these remote starters would be a wonderful gift.

Think I'll have a cup of chamoille and see if American Dreams comes on at 8.

Later!
Old 01-19-2003, 08:28 PM   #152  
Empress/Queen

Default Night falleth ...

Because of having to walk to store and back, I got 105 minutes of exercise instead of the usual striving for 60 that I rarely hit these days. Eating ended at 1755. Smoothie machine a big hit, made two servings of a peach, soymilk and vanilla SF DV syrup one for 85 calories each ... much better than if made with my old blender, I wouldn't have believed the difference ... they sell a smoothie powder base with this, but it's loaded with calories and sugar ... why? Mine had no sugar and was incredibly creamy and wonderful ... just like at a juice bar or ice cream parlor ... a really good purchase.

Day 6 (I think)

Kaylets: Congrats on the size 14! Thou be right about the stretchy waists!

Arabella: Thy description of your computer balancing ritual is EXACTLY why I don't do marriage!

The ideal thing for thee would be to never put all the cash in the bank in the first place. Cash economy equals deniability.

Does anyone own a Bowflex or Total Gym? If so, would you let me know how you like them? I have a desire to buy one or the other, mostly a Bowflex though it looks quite odd.
Old 01-19-2003, 09:56 PM   #153  

Default im back

hello everybody, i missed you all!! did you wonder where i was?? Had homework , and i had to catch up on the paper work. im writing 200 word paragraghs. I guess i did it right.??? i'll find out friday .

AMARANTHA... if i were to be stranded with a flat tire, what better place to be than walmart!!! haha well look on the bright side. i love walmart. i think it was you that was stranded there.?? sorry if not the right one, i had a lot of reading to do,and get people mixed up. hah

kaylets...thank you for remembering me,with the cup of tea. lets see i'll take a hot cup of sassafras tea, my favorite if made right.sounds goooood on a night like tonight. its been like reallly cooold here in ohio. the wind is whipping and the snow blowing and brrrr it was like 18 degrees today. cant wait till spring myself!! break out he sunshades.lol.

well gotta go get my son in bed.miss posting like i usually do. not enough time in the day ,and ive been real tired lately, so ive been catching up on sleep. will get with all later.

later and lighter senamay...... my bed calls...zzzzzzzzz
Old 01-20-2003, 12:10 AM   #154  
Empress/Queen

Yo, Senamay! Glad to see thou be burning the midnight oil with thy studies! I'll bet thee did well on thy assignment! No, I didn't get stranded exactly in Walmart, but I did get a flat tire there and drove it home anyway. Will get it fixed tomorrow even though it's a huge pain because I'm late on my deadline and refuse to work on Sunday!

If I spent as much time working as I do thinking up diet and fitness stuff for myself, I'd be rich and famous by now (though dull and boring)! I have killed off Jadequest and replaced it with 420 Minutes. I posted a 420-minute challenge on the 3FC exercise forum so's not to interfere with the flow of this group ... and explained in the journal ... it's just an extra thing I'm running up my fitness flagpole to see if it'll fly!

Good night, victorious ones! We shall prevail!
Old 01-20-2003, 06:03 AM   #155  

Smile Marvelous Monday!

Hello all!

Although many coworkers will taking today as a holiday on personal time, my office is open. Also expect some snow flurries any moment so again, need to hit the roads ASAP.

Arabella- thanks for reminding me that the key lockout is something that happens to us all....Reminds me of the quote that says something about "when you think you know exactly what's going on is when are most wrong"--

Senamay-- GOOD FOR YOU!! Do your compositions have assigned topics or are you picking a topic for each? TELL ALL !! Inquiring minds want to know!

Empress- Smoothie machine sounds very interesting- And you say better than the blender ......hmmmm..... Think I know what DH might be getting for Valentine's Day.
After all, its our anniversary too- shouldnt it be a gift we can both use?
Havent tried either machine but I do see both sold "used" in our area in the papers- but delivery is then an issue too. Also, one of our department stores called Boscovs sells all the stuff "as seen on tv" which saves on shipping but again, if you have a vehicle to get it home.

Today's thought is: "Mental health like dandruff crops up when you least expect it" --- Robin Worthington

I'll share my weigh in later!
Old 01-20-2003, 10:41 AM   #156  
deleted2

Good morning!

Arabella, great job with making wise food choices at the family gathering. Particularly impressed with your vigilance toward the food pushers!

Kaylets, I locked myself out of my car and the car was still running! To this day I have no idea how that even happened--now that was embarrassing, but the kind of thing you only do once! My husband and I are still giggling over your dawg stealing the chicken! We're happy our dog isn't that smart-- with his appetite that would be scary!

Amarantha, I think I know the smoothie machine you're talking about--the one with the spigot? I've seen it but didn't think that it would be any different than a blender---how so exactly? About cancelling Jadequest: one of the things I love about you is your flexibility! If it's not working, move on. Good for you!

Had my first reception of the year at work yesterday. I usually use that as an excuse to eat but I did very well yesterday. There was one point where I realized that I was eating mindlessly and caught myself beore I took in too many calories, so I'm still calling the day a smashing success!

Old 01-20-2003, 11:53 AM   #157  
Is it Friday yet?

Howdy all...

Weekend was good, but neither of my teams won the playoffs. I wanted ANYONE but those two! Oh well, it'll be "Chuckie-bowl" in 2 weeks....
My Dad finally pinned me down on when I'm going to Arizona. I really do want to see him, I'm just beat and want to spend vacation in MY house for a change. I've told him this, but he's been down there for 5 years and I have never been down for a visit. So I'm going to Yuma for his birthday in March... it'll be the first time I've been on a plane since '89!!!

I did my cooking ahead this weekend. A couple boneless chicken breasts (on my George Foreman grill ), took out a container of my home made split pea soup and made 3 containers of salad...

Arabella - Sounds like planning ahead paid off at the family party! Good for you!!!

Amarantha - Sorry I didn't get your weigh in wrapped up in my special brown paper in time! Looks like you didn't really need it this time anyway...
My stepfather got a smoothie machine for Christmas and uses it daily - I'm waiting for summer to see if I want one or if my Pampered Chef ice shaver will do the job.
Sorry 'bout the flat!!! I must say that is the one thing I'm grateful to my ex for - he *made* me learn how to change a tire by myself - jacking it up, lug nuts the whole deal. I had a blow out a few months after I moved to Oregon and changed the front tire without even getting my white pants dirty!! Felt pretty darn good about myself after that!

Wildfire - Do tell about the Women's Forum! How was it and what was there??

Kaylets - I love it! I will NOT abandon my car the next time I hit traffic!!!!
I hope your beagle is ok - cooked chicken bones are better than raw, but still not good. My bull terrier (Spuds dog) ate the following while we had her - liquid fabric softener, grape juice, 2 ltr Coke bottles (full), dryer sheets, numerous lint brushes, an entire box of puppy cookies (oh, the mess that made coming out the other end) and lastly, an entire onion (toxic to dogs) which landed her in her crate for a day being fed white bread. She had gas and oniony dog burbs, like you wouldn't believe after that.
They really are just kids in fur coats ya know...

Senamay, Ceara, Eydie... and EVERYONE!!!!!!

I am also pleased to report that I have lost 2 pounds of fluffage this week! Watch 'em go.....

Terri
Old 01-20-2003, 01:07 PM   #158  

Default happy monday all

Kaylets... yes some of my assignments are told what to write about and some are our own make up. this paper was about my father being trustworthy. 241 words.haha

amarantha... glad you are always on your quest no matter what??? sometimes we all get discouraged. but you always seem up there. still doing the ww thing??? me nethier. oh well.

until later see ys all later,,, later a nd lighter senamay...
Old 01-20-2003, 03:51 PM   #159  
Empress/Queen

Yoooks! Yoicks!? I'm supposed to be writing but can't get going. I am posting way too much and have killed my exercise thread (though I'm staying on the 420 Minutes Challenge) and the journal as well. When I get a desire to couch my posts in fantasy terms, I hope you'all 'l let me do it here?! Ok? Ok! Maybe Mr. Journal will be back later, but I need to work more, post less.

Eydie & Punkin: I always thought my regular blender was fine for smoothies, but the machine (yes, it has the spigot) is much better. If you like real out-in-the-mall smoothies but not the calories they put in, the machine is a good buy. I'm thinking of buying a second one just for vege smoothies ... hate to put broccoli and such through this one. I had been considering buying a $500-plus machine to get drinks of this quality but this is perfect.

Got to go finish this (yawn) story now!
Old 01-20-2003, 09:20 PM   #160  

Smile Hello all

Hello all!

How's everyone tonight?

We are making records for COLD WEATHER!!

Can' t believe although it didnt get above freezing today that this will be the warmest it will be all week!!

Will see everyone in the am!
Old 01-20-2003, 09:37 PM   #161  
Hot Stuff

Hiya!

Well, I didn't end up working yesterday (Sunday) after all. I was completely exhausted after two very long (but fun!) days at the Women's Health Matters forum. It's tough standing on your feet talking to people for 9 hours a day! Then there's the two hour drive home in bumper-to-bumper traffic each day. Anyway, the website is still up, if anyone cares to have a look (hope it isn't against the advertising policy!)

http://www.womenshealthmatters.ca/forum

It is a really positive, upbeat, informative conference. Everything from Slim Fast to massage to disease management to cosmetics....you name it, it's there...and it's all for women! Got a free massage from another exhibitor who gave us complimentary passes, free samples of bath products, vitamins, nutrition bars, all kinds of information packages...it was great! Our booth was the IBS Association,( http://www.ibsassociation.ca ) and we were REALLY busy! People kept telling us how happy they were to finally find a support group that deals with IBS!

I've attended the conference the last two years, and there were lectures for IBS that we were involved in, but this was the first year for a booth. The response was so incredible, we'll definitely do it again next year.

So I was so completely exhausted, I couldn't go to work yesterday. I was so tired I felt sick, and I knew that 9 hours on a cement floor building heaters would NOT be the best thing for me. So I didn't go. And I told them not to schedule me for this weekend coming, either, because I am on the verge of collapse and my health is more important than the company that I hate.

I'm going to have bloodwork done, hopefully tomorrow, because I've put it off since the end of NOVEMBER because I couldn't take time off work to go. Screw 'em...I'm going. Something is not right with me.

Punkin, congrats on the 2 gone!

Amarantha, so sorry to hear about your flat tire. They really irk me. Yes, I CAN change a tire. I just prefer to have a man do it. That's why they're here....to take out garbage and change tires. And, I am an accountant, but I still get told to pay off the credit card every month! Congrats on the smoothie machine!

Senamay, you keep at that homework! It'll all be worth it in the end!

Kaylets, you'll be comfortable in those jeans in no time! Your dog is just too funny! Velcro on the fridge, huh? Wonder if that would work to keep ME outta the fridge? Hope pooch won't suffer if he did eat those bones!

Eydie, good on you for doing so well at the reception!

Gotta go watch Joe Millionaire....I think it's hilarious, personally.
Old 01-21-2003, 06:36 AM   #162  

Smile Tantalizing Tuesday

Hello all!!

Its Freezing!!

Punkin-- GREAT NEWS !! 2lbs down is 2 lbs gone!! Terrific!
Dh and I don't get "chuckie bowl" are the coaches both named Chuck?? Help us out!

Wildfire-- I was diagnosed w/ IBS long while back. Couple of sisters have been as well. Luckily, I have it light to medium and do very well once I see the symptons and know that something is stressing me. Meanwhile, a sister has been on medication for years. Hats off to you for your work w/the organization- I don't think many people realize how many women suffer silently.

As for the velcro- that's what was on the door that the dog opened! It had been there for over a month admittedly but still---
Now we have a Baby Safe Latch.

And the dog seems to be fine- in fact she is begging for extra treat as I write. We'll see.

Empress- how goes the smoothies? How bout some recipes? Use any tofu?

Oops -- look at the time--

Today's thought is:
"The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than what you settled for." Maureen Dowd- NY Times Columnist
Old 01-21-2003, 07:11 AM   #163  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Angry Day 7

Good Morning Valentines!

I'm happy to be back up to Day 7 again. It just gets so much easier, the longer a string of days I get behind me. This time I've started tracking my points again, which helps keep me from kidding myself about how much I'm actually eating.

Kaylets, I am likewise impressed by your doggie's ability to open the fridge. I look forward to the day when my grandson can do that. On Sunday, I opened the fridge door and he just scooted right up and sat down in front of it with a happy cry. So much to play with, not to mention eat!

Punkin, that was quite a list of edibles and non-edibles that went into (and ...ewwww... came out of) your pup. And yet, I believe that I can top it. I used to make these baker's clay ornaments and decorate them with all manner of paint and glitter and so on. I tell you, you ain't seen nothin' till you've seen green sparkly vomit Oh, that was TOO disgusting for so early in the morning! My apologies for sharing!

Valentines All: Let's make this a good one! Love to all!
Old 01-21-2003, 08:12 AM   #164  
Empress/Queen

Yo! Quest Report (the me, me, me part): Ended eating day with 2075 calories; 15 minutes of exercise (ok because Sunday's was 105, so am on track for 60 minutes per day but won't get that much today, don't feel well and have to travel and work all over the place). still on but don't know what day it is.

Arabella: Thanks for sharing thy doggie tale ... hmmm, Old Dog has never eaten the crafts, thankfully! Congratulations on thy "string" of good days!

Wildfire: Glad thou cleared up what men be for! Amarantha hath often wondered! Sorry thou be under the weather and think thou wast right to abstain from going to work ... am assuming thou didst not exactly tell them thou hateth the company!

Kaylets: My only smoothie recipe is throw some stuff and ice in and go for it!!! Actually, the machine has markings for putting in so much liquid, so much frozen stuff, etc., for two servings and for four servings and that works out well. I've only made peach, soymilk and D'Vinci so far ... yesterday I froze the second serving and ate it like sorbet in the evening. Worked very well, though it had to thaw a bit.

I love Joe Millionaire also ... am turning into a reality tv addict (tonight: Celebrity Mole)! This is a departure for me as I generally dislike tv, especially broadcast tv and really hate those tacky dating shows (apologies to anyone whom this offends, just my opinion)! Of course, it stretches it a bit to say that the Joe show is reality ... he's cute, though, so I like to watch him! But if I were a contestant, I'd go for the butler!

Punkin: Methinks Amarantha be so self-focused she neglected to cheer thy two pound loss, so here's a banana for each:

I'm off to take a nap, exercise, take a bath, feed the animals and go to mountains!

"I'M ON A WEIGHT QUEST; I PLEDGE TO DO MY BEST, 'CAUSE EVERY QUESTLIKE THING I DO, HELPS ME TO GET THROUGH! WOO-HOO!"

"WE ARE VICTORIOUS! WE ARE VALENTINES! WE ARE SLIM! WE ARE TRIM! WE WILL WIN! WE WILL GRIN! WE'LL PUT THE BACK IN THE BIN!!! WOO-HOO!"

Old 01-21-2003, 08:46 AM   #165  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Mornin' all

Day 3 dawning....have got programmes ready for this a.m. and am doing a fly by. Water and gym were good yesterday, eating is under control.....finally!!!!!!!!!! Am striving onwards!

Ceara
Closed Thread