3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Victorious Valentines! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/23452-victorious-valentines.html)

ceara 02-04-2003 08:21 AM

Day 17

Wild and windy here....

At least there wasn't freezing rain, just rain. :s:
Sun is in and out so that is OK.

Just flying by...have 2 programmes this a.m. again and an afternoon at work then puppy training class tonight....so I'm off and running again.

Ta-rah...I hear oatmeal calling my name!

Ceara:lol:

frogger 02-04-2003 09:05 AM

Good Morning Ladies!

Let's just say because of work issues I didn't meet any of my goals yesterday:mad: I didn't even get home until after 8pm! I'm at work at 6:30 am and usually leave at 3pm. I didn't get to leave until 7!
But today is another day.

Goals for today: Drink water (I'm drinking way to many diet soda's to keep me going) Walk at lunch (PLEASE PLEASE let me get the time to do this) And hopefully take a walk with mom when I get home today.

I've already eatten my breakfast today (yum, honey bunches of oats w/almonds. I through in half a snack box of raisins for good measure. It was delish!) I'll save the rest of the box for later or tommorow. Lunch is a small leftover fried chicken breast and leftover mac and cheese. Tomato soup tonight for dinner. I'm actually really looking forward to it.

Quote for the day: Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
-Buddah

Punkinseed 02-04-2003 10:10 AM

Good morning all...

Super nasty morning. Woke up with a headache (ok, went to bed with it too) and I've also got an earache. I haven't had one of these since I was a kid! Damned #%&*&(*)% sinuses :mad:

I did make it to Curves yesterday :cb: even with the headache (guess I was determined) and regardless of how I feel today I want to get *some* kind of activity in - maybe a walk?

Arabella - I hope you feel better soon. Between you, Amarantha and me, we're a mess!

Amarantha - I'm with ya on the sinus ****... My Mom asked how she could help me today and my first thought was "cut off my head" - ouch...
I think I'm going to start taping Dr. Phil too. It sounds like I'm missing a lot of good stuff. He comes on a 1/2 hour before I get home.

Eydie - I've seen 1 Curves commercial and it looked like it was filmed with a personal recorder! I think there's new ones out that I haven't seen because people at Curves have been talking about them. Everyone mentions that they're on during Oprah so maybe I need to watch.

Ceara - Oooh, I could use a rainy day too! :rain: I love the sound and smell of it! Enjoy!

:wave: Frogger!!!!

And that is all for me, for now. Must get billing done so I can maybe arrange to go home early...

Terri

Amarantha2 02-04-2003 10:39 AM

Yo!

The site is loading so slowly today! Hope it gets back up to speed soon. Today I must do laundry, walk 50 minutes (10 minutes of abs done), shop and get rid of sinus infection ... and watch Dr. Phil ... I am watching way too much TV these days, but I'm getting attached to that show. Yesterday and today was a discussion of severely overweight children. They profiled a 4-year-old that weighed 150 pounds. The mother was hostile and in denial and I really liked the no-nonsense things DP said

Ever notice how much denial of responsibility there is surrounding overweight and obesity? Not here, of course! :jig:

Punkin: We have a new Curves opening in a shopping center just east of here. I tried to look in the window but the blinds were closed!!! :) Maybe I'll give it a try. I saw that commercial, too!

Eydie: Congratulations on thy 31st day of Pilates!!! Thou beith inspiring Amarantha!!! Yea, Elbertine be staying away from the demonic scale until the proper time Sunday, when it will be a NICE SCALE, NICE SCALE, NICE SCALE!!!

Arabella: I'm with thee on the day off thing (I count laundry as recreation) ... I don't have to work until the SCHOOL BORED meeting Wednesday night. Feel better ... I do a little.

Ceara: Ta-Ra to thee also. Hope thou enjoyed thy oatmeal! :wave:

Frogger: Soundeth like a brutal workday thou had yesterday, but thy goals for today sound doable and upbeat!!! Thou be inspiring me to eat some cereal before I head out (instead of the mini cinnamon roll I really want). Peace!!!! :wave:

Kaylets: :wave:

Anagram: I'm focusing, focusing, focusing along with thee!!! :wave:

To All Mentioned and Unmentioned, Absent and Present: WOO-HOO, IT'S GONNA BE A GREAT DAY FOR ON PROGRAM FOCUSING!!!

ceara 02-04-2003 12:48 PM

Z-I-I-P-P

Eydie!

Thou be the Pontif of Pilates!!
I have trouble just breathing that way!

A....unstuff those sinuses..you too Punkin! We don't have time to be sick!

Rah rah sis boom bah!!!!!

Ceara

KAYELETSI 02-04-2003 01:04 PM

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!

HELLO!!!

My router needs to be replaced !!! and DH has been out for the count w/ the flu so he hasnt even eaten in 3 days! I logged in here at work after seeing your posts.

I am fine, DH is starting to improve and I'm hoping to be back on line reallly soon. Don't realize how much you rely on the internet until its gone for 3 solid days!!

GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!

Scale teased me for 4 days but yesterday ( official ) and today still

I off the plateau and down 2lbs!!

Got to go because I am here at work but just want you all to know that you have been in my thoughts!

I bought some new tea too so I'll keep the kettle hot !

Punkinseed 02-04-2003 02:22 PM

She's alive!!!!! ALIVE!!!!!
Mmmmm....friend.... good.... alone.....bad.....
(cue Frankinstein music and mobs with flaming torches)

No, don't ask what possessed me to break into a Lon Chaney moment...

Good to see you again Kaylets, hope the hubby is better real soon!

Terri
(obviously feeling the effects of whatever is going on in *her* head) :dizzy:

deleted2 02-04-2003 04:27 PM

Hooray! Kaylets and Arabella are back! Congrats, Kaylets for the loss of 2 pounds! Arabella, get better! [That goes for all you other sickies too.:) ]

Hey, Arabella--I'm having some folks over Friday and I was thinking of doing Indian too. What did you make?

Arabella 02-04-2003 06:08 PM

Hi all!

Eydie, have you recovered? I still feel like crap. I thought I felt a bit better this morning, so I went out running around and doing chores, did some laundry, vacuumed and mopped the floors. And felt like collapsing half-way through, but the floors were so filthy after the party and I'd promised DH that I would do the chores, soo......

DH actually did a lot of the cooking for the party, which was pretty swell. We made both vegetarian and meat-filled samosas, kheema, cauliflower with ginger and coriander, basmati rice, mushrooms with cumin and asafetida (we put spinach in it too), apricot chutney and a spinach-yogurt sort of like raita. Oh, and naans. I made a carrot cake for dessert, not Indian. Martha Stewart had a recipe for kulfi kake, but I couldn't find it.

We were still cooking when people started to arrive --- on time, have you ever heard the like?

I'm here waiting for a document to come online for me to edit, so I may pop in again later.

Amarantha2 02-04-2003 08:53 PM

Hmmmm. A mysterious stranger hath appeared in the land of the valiant Valentine-like victorious vivacious (bon) vivants, bearing the name of ...

KAYELETSI!!!!!!

We be mighty dang glad to see thee in these parts, Quotatious Kemo Sabe! :wave: Pull up a chair, belly up to the (tea) bar and sit a spell while thy computer be a-mendin' :) AND CONGRATULATIONS ON THE EXIT O' TWO :dance:s FROM THY :queen:-like self!

Arabella: Thy menu soundeth heavenly, although I don't know much about Indian food. I love samosas, though!!!

Eydie: :wave:

Still have bad headache and only got half of my 60 minutes of exercise, but will make it up to get to the 420. Calories high at 2460, but it's mostly Nutri Mil!

frogger 02-05-2003 07:29 AM

Hi all. I'm bummed and I've had not 1 but 2 egg mcmuffins this morning. I don't know what has come over me!!! And I know when I eat crap like this I'll be hungry again soon. Ok, actually I do know what's wrong. You may remember that our wedding officiant is unable to do our wedding now. I've been searching and searching and I cannot find anyone who is available!!!! I don't know what to do!!! Also, I gave my future MIL one thing to do. Get a photographer. She has not done it yet. Everyone I've contacted is busy as well. I just feel like I'm never going to pull this whole thing off.

Sorry for the rant.

KAYELETSI 02-05-2003 07:57 AM

Wed am

Hello all!

Still not on line at home- DH took a look briefly this am but didnt figure anything out. He is trying to do his first day back at work although I wonder if he will last the day. Seems like the flu has become bronchitis and he is miserable.

5lbs down! Awesome, amazing, !!

Sometimes when I 'm coming down w/ something, I think about dumping the 9-5 as well. In fact, I now use that as a gauge that I am getting sick, that's how often I get that feeling!

Sometimes the well needs to be refilled- plain and simple.

Since I have the computer issues, I am "rerunning" a favortie quote.

"Follow your bliss"-- Joseph Campbell

Hope to catch up real soon!

ceara 02-05-2003 08:21 AM

Wed!!! Day 18

Morning all!

We're halfway to the best day of the week! I don't usually work on that day (it is scheduled off) so I look forward to it with particular relish.

My "click" is still clicking, although I had to do a bit of stern self talking to get onto the treadmill and refused to get off early. I noticed someone is doing 4 miles (journal) and I forget who, don't wanna check this instant 'cause I'll lose this post, anyway, I admire you and wanna grow up to be you. How long does it take you to go that far? I'm only plugging along at 3.8-3.9 (once I get wound up) for 25 mins and "going" 1.5+ miles? And I feel like I'm hustling there!!!!!!!:^:

Anyway, must keep going. Have the gym and some unpleasant Union business to do :(. Kaylets, glad you are defeating the :devil: scale too!

All you sinus clogged up people. I hurt for you. Saw a baby yesterday whose mom was taking her to the Dr...her sinuses under her eyes were like little rocks...poor thing. There is a lot of that complaint around.

Anyway onward and downwards.

Ceara:dizzy:

anagram 02-05-2003 08:37 AM

Ok - it's Weigh In Wednesday and today Demon Scale apologized for his nasty trick last week. I weighed in at 216.2 which I think is down 1.2 from last week. It's down 4.4 from my posted starting weight but then again I posted a later starting weight and I'd be down only 3.2 or so from that. Whatever, down is down and I know I did not lose 1.2 pounds in one week so it's a combo of what I really lost and what Demon Scale begrudged me last week.

I've come to the conclusion I've had some sort of little niggling bug thing trying to get started since last week. I told it to go away totally. And yesterday I CHOSE to be happy and I was sort of feeling better. I'm choosing the same today though it may not be an easy day. (Pollyanna has returned from her leave of absence.)

Today is sister's surgery and I woke at 3.20 and have not been able to go back to sleep. But have no schedule for the day at the moment and think I'll take it as a mental health day and do whatever I'm in the mood for.

Sorry about the officiating problem, Frogger. Weddings do often seem to be one problem after another. Where are you planning the ceremony? Perhaps a district justice or whatever they are called in VA? I have also in the past seen ads in the Washingtonian I think from someone who offers to officiate at weddings. In the little classified part. Neither quite as good a choice as what you had but legal (well, I guess I don't know as far as the advertised one goes).

Hope dh does ok at work today, Kaylets. He's had a good siege.

250/220.6/216.2/215/???
sw/vdcsw/cw/vdg/goal

Punkinseed 02-05-2003 10:15 AM

'mornin everyone :wave:

I came thisclose to calling in sick today. I'm beat... I was up 1/2 the night with strange nightmare'ish dreams, then once I did finally drift off I rolled over, woke up and it was 4:20am. So, I gave up and stayed up. One scone turned into four... bad morning. Don't know what this is about, but I don't like it!

Arabella - :T Mmmmm.... dinner sounds good! Makes me miss the place in San Francisco across from where I used to work - they had the best Indian food!

Frogger - Weddings are great and the pits all at once. I hope something works out soon - your egg Mcmuffin-fest sounds like stress eating to me!

Anagram - Congrats on the loss! :cb: Please keep us updated on your sister today ok? I'm sure everything will go just fine. :yes:

Amarantha - I hope your head's feeling better!

:wave: to everyone! The week's almost over.... thank goodness!

Terri