Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2002, 10:41 AM   #181  

I did get your message Kempyd, but I'd walked away from the computer for an hour or so and when I came back, there was no one in the chat room . Maybe next time. I'd love to have a real-time chat.
Old 12-10-2002, 10:44 AM   #182  

Wouldn't that be kind of gross if it did? I have one Monday. I hate those things. Nothing more degrading.

I like venison sausage. We make it really spicy down here. It is awesome in red beans and rice. Whci by the way I make really good. It is one of the only things that I can cook.

Good job with the elliptical. I over slept this morning so no pilates. Joe was up all night coughing and it kept me awake too. I felt so bad for him. Poor baby I know he was miserable.
Old 12-10-2002, 10:45 AM   #183  

Jenn we all got off around 10 central time. It was getting close to my bed time and I couldn't keep my eyes open. Maybe we will catch you another night.
Old 12-10-2002, 11:12 AM   #184  
RonaldMcDonald's LuvChild

Am I the only morning person? I WOULD get going first thing in the morning but all this little stuff like feed the dogs, feed the wild birds, see BB off to work seems to push it all back to mid-morning for me. If I don't do it instantly - I have to talk myself into it. Same with a shower - if I don't jump in as soon as my eyes open - I hate to break up my day by getting in later. Guess it's like - get it over with!

BB on the other hand HAS to have a cup of coffee, look at the paper, blah-blah-blah!

Kempy - had a couple leftover chili stuffed pitas - made too many last night - and they were still yummy - if sloppy. BB was never a big chili fan - but he loves YOURS, especially in the pitas with a bit of cheese sprinkled on.

I also make Sunday breakfast in the pitas now - used to have big water rolls grilled with real eggs and real cheese and lots of meat. Now it's eggbeaters/50% Light Cabot cheese/97% ff ham slices all stuffed into a warm pita. Awesome and fun to eat.
Old 12-10-2002, 11:26 AM   #185  

Do you guys own stock in a pita company? lol What in the world is a water roll? I don't think I have ever heard of that before. I dno't think my Chili is like all of the others. It is much lighter. My hubby loves it to. He will get on a kick sometimes and that is all he wants all week, weird. I think he is just happy to have a home cooked meal. He is out of town alot and eats out every night. He usually hits Outback steak house. I can't beleive he isn't sick of it yet. He has been eating there when he goes out of town for over 2 years. I know I would get sick of it.
Old 12-10-2002, 12:27 PM   #186  

Where is this chili recipe everyone is talking about? My dh loves chili so my sister makes it often but she uses sausage and ground beef. Very fattening! Chili sounds really good to me right now. It is so cold here! Ever since I started losing weight, I am always cold. My furnace is on 70 and I can't feel my fingers!! Sorry I haven't been checking in much lately, there's a whole world full of stores out there and they are all calling my name!! And my friend is going to go into labor any second and then I'll be MIA for a couple of days again. I love birth, it is just awsome! I've been thinking abot going back to school for my RN and then going on to become a midwife. That would be the best job on the planet I think. Anyway, my friends been 4cm for two days now and still no signs of real labor. Watch, it'll prob happen at 3 am tonight!! Anyway, it took me 2 hours to get in 45 mins on the treadmill today. That is frustrating. I keep having to stop and take care of my dd. She's only happy for a few minutes at a time playing by herself. How do you all think thay will affect my workout overall? It's like 10 mins on, 3 mins off, 15 mins on, 10 mins off, 5 mins on, 10 mins off, AARRGGHH Take care everyone!! TTFN
Old 12-10-2002, 01:38 PM   #187  

Lane it should not matter if you have to break it up as long as you are getting it in.

The chili recipe is:

1 - 1 1/2 lbs ground meat drained and rinsed
2 cans of kidney beans rinsed
1 can pinto beans rinsed
1 medium jar of salsa
1 can diced tomates (I use mexican flavored)
ground cumin to taste
chili powder to taste

simmer for about 15 -20 min.

that is all I put in mine. I am sure thatyou can add anything extra you like. One thing I do put in mine is tabassco sauce but then agian I am in the south and I put that on everything.
Old 12-10-2002, 03:43 PM   #188  

G'day all. Nice to hear everyone is still hanging in there with excercise.
Saw a really bizarre infomercial yesterday (U.S.) with a guy who sells a six week weight loss plan that he swears will have you losing over forty pounds. Without going to the gym or starving yourself. I nearly fell off my bike laughing. If only it were that simple. To give him some credit, the plan came in a very nice folder, so I guess its not a total waste of money.
Okay gals- 'fess up time. What's the weirdest diet thing you've ever done?

For me it would be the Alphabet diet where you could eat as much as you liked of any healthy foods beginnng with the letter for that day. So on day one you could eat your fill of apples, aubergines, asparagus etc, and so on through the alphabet. I lasted to E, when I decided that E was for Extra crispy fried chicken.

Old 12-10-2002, 04:22 PM   #189  

I can honestly say that I have never heard for the alphabet diet. I though working in a gym that I had heard all of them. That is pretty funny though. I don't think I would have made it to C that means cake right?
Old 12-10-2002, 04:23 PM   #190  

Jen - do you mean the walker who resembles a beef jerky or the blonde woman who frowns a lot? LOL

You inspired me - I did the 2 mile today - but didn't use the water-filled weights - I used a couple tomato sauce cans - the little ones. At least I made it to the end of the two miles. The legs can handle it - it's the middle back that gets strained.

Kempy - the pitas are just cool because you can have bread on both sides of your sandwich for 75 calories for a half a pita. LOL I stuff them with ham and light cheese and grill them, too, on the small electric Geo Foreman type grill. (My Hamilton Beach grill is actually a lot better than the GF - it's larger and has a timer.)
Old 12-10-2002, 04:50 PM   #191  

Rusty, you crack me up. I'm pretty sure it's the one who "resembles a beef jerky". Thanks for saying I inspired you. That's the greatest feeling!
I must have just missed people in the chat room. I tried around 8:20 Pacific Time. Is anybody else on the west coast?

Jen
Old 12-10-2002, 05:47 PM   #192  

How's everyone doing? I read chili and it sounds sooo good!
I love chili. Right now the sinus cold has really hit me hard. My sinus pressure, my left eye is tiny ,swelled and teary ! I cant taste or smell anything! I hate that!!!!! I'm cooking gr.turkey meatloaf and mashed potatoes... I had an impossible time seasoning it since I cant taste it!!!!!!! I missed the Gym yesterday totally , my body was just aching. Today was not that different but I was determined to get on the Elliptical machine today no matter what. I expected the worst and thought I would last 20 minutes at the most! I took a towel cause I have a bad runny nose too lol. Well I guess I was feeling so guilty that I did my usual hour and didnt even feel it! I was so proud today ...yippeeeeee

ttyl,
Gen
Old 12-10-2002, 05:49 PM   #193  

Thanks for the chili recipe Kempyd. I like my food spicy too so I'll definately try it. And I love salsa on/in anything. I think I'm going to the grocery store tonight.... I have the 2 mile WATP tape. I watched it once while I was on the treadmill. My upper body needs some help so I really should do it! Learning all of those moves intimidates me I guess, I need to get my booty in gear. I do the same thing every day, just changing the intensity and duration. I need to shake things up a bit!! Way to go Gennel on getting in your time, I hope you feel better real soon. Being sick is just a bummer!!
Old 12-10-2002, 06:17 PM   #194  

Gen - poor thing - you get credit for the hour and extra credit for getting on the darn thing in the first place. When I feel that bad - it's bed and a book for me!

Laney - jump down and do some walking with the tape some days. The moves are NOTHING - I am a klutz when I watch those workout shows on TV - but within a day or so you'll be doing all the moves with Leslie and the gang. And if you mess up? Who knows? If you do a good 2 mile/30 minute walk with the tape - you can still do some treadmill later on if you feel up to it.

Here's goofy - the first night I got the 1 mile tape - BB and I went to bed and ate supper while we watched the tape. Completely un-intimidating. LOL

Jen - do you have the set of three tapes and the weights? When I get tired - I just watch Randy in the back and if he can do it - I can do it. LOL

Gen - send me your pic - I'll size it for you. Jen is right - it's probably just the resolution. Anyone else - PM me. I don't mind helping you out with your avatar.
Old 12-10-2002, 06:28 PM   #195  
Sarcasm Queen

Default I Finally Found It!!!

Yuck, being sick sucks. For some reason I haven't been sick yet. I'm thankful for that too. Kudos, Gen, for working out while sick.

Chili is indeed good. I should make some. But my mom hates the way I make it. She says it's too spicy... I say it's juuuuuuuuuuuuust right. Although, I may try to jump in on the Pita thing. You all make it sound so appetizing.

Hey, what do you all do when you're not at work, school, on the computer? I'm one of those people who eats when she is bored. I gotta come up with something to do that will take up a lot of time. I don't have a family to take care of and it's just me in the dorm - no roomies.

Oh yeah, I was gonna say that I found my goal. I didn't know what I would look like when I got down to a sensible weight so I walked around the mall today looking at manequins. I finally settled on the Lane Bryant ones. The other's looked like pale zombies. The LB ones were not to big and not to small. It may sound weird to all of you that I'd be looking at LB's manequins for inspiration, but I think they are beautiful. I waited in line for 9 minutes so I could ask the CSR. She was very nice and walked out with a tape measure to one of them.

Bust: 39
Waist: 29
Hips: 38.5

Now all I have to do is find my tape measure so I know how far I have to go. Where did I put that blasted thing?

~Sahvara
Closed Thread