Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2002, 08:22 AM   #151  

Default too early on a Saturday

I decided to go ahead and get up to weigh in this morning. Thankfully, even after yesterday being a 3000+ calorie day, I still have a 3 pound loss. Yipee skipee! Way to go, Di. 5 pounds is awesome. I can see why you're excited. Hope everyone has a great weigh-in.

Jen
238/232!/140
Old 12-07-2002, 08:58 AM   #152  
Hardcore UFOs

Checking in! Congrats to everyone for doing so awesome this week! This challenge seems to do wonders, as I am happy to say that I am down from 292 last week to 288.5 this week -- 3.5 pounds! Woo hoo! My total is now 21.5 pounds lost.

I was a very good girl at the party last night. It wasn't much of a wild one, anyway -- all I had to do was not look at the pizza and wings and demurely sip at my vodka and diet 7UP. Nah, it was totally fine. I left early, too. I'm a party pooper, I guess!

Hugs to everyone, and keep up the good work!
Old 12-07-2002, 09:36 AM   #153  
RonaldMcDonald's LuvChild

Good morning, losers! LOL We need a bumper sticker - PROUD TO BE A LOSER!

Some real powerful messages here - I read the thread talking to myself the whole time like "Wow!" And "You go, girl!" and "Yep, been there, done that!" So if I don't mention you specifically it isn't because you aren't coming thru loud and clear.

Jen - you're the "been there, done that" this time. My BIG temptation is pizza. I can't stop. Isn't it weird how our brain, which has been on track and well-behaved for weeks (months) will just go psycho on you and start saying - "Go on, a couple pieces won't hurt. Have another one. I give up, I don't care - I'd rather eat than lose all this weight."

Then suddenly - five minutes too late - your brain says "Oh S**T! I shouldn't have done that, I'm evil, I'm awful, what was I thinking? Oh no!!"

The good news is - that one binge probably won't amount to much weight gain - it'll just stall you in your program. My last binge was greasy/salty CHEX SNACK! A huge amount - about seven servings. Enough to feed a starving nation for a whole day. So I went to caloriefreak and I put it in. BUT - tricky me - it IS all in the way you look at it. I put it in one serving each spread over the next FOURTEEN DAYS. Then I dropped my calorie intake accordingly so my AVERAGE calorie intake still stayed under 1200 over all.

So take your 3000+ (were those loaded cheese pizza slices, Jen?? Seems a little high to me, unless they had lots of meat and cheese) and spread it out as 215 calories a day for the next two weeks. In the long run, as long as you graze/eat lots of small meals throughout the day so you don't throw your body into starvation mode - you will wind up losing despite your pizza party!

Why can't kids at slumber parties eat broccoli and yogurt. "Hey kids - time for a salad! Then we're going to make string bean smoothies! Who's first??" LOLOL

Di - You're a wonder to mine eyes - so the salt thing is worth keeping in mind! You're living proof. You have done SOOO well. You must feel really good. Where did you find the most sodium - hidden in the stuff you normally chow on??

Clarita - glad you jumped in. Gennel runs a great group here. I think it's super that she's lost so much weight and hangs in here to help the rest of us meet our goals! Sure is an active, intelligent, loving bunch of grrrrlz here!

See what I mean, I get going here and can't stop! Better here than at the refigerator!
Old 12-07-2002, 11:14 AM   #154  

Hello all. I am extremely excited to announce a one pound loss for this week. That puts me with a 25 pound loss so far. It has taken me 4 months to lose it though. And it's slowing down even more , but it is still a downward trend so that's ok. If I lose ANYTHING during the holidays, I'm good with it. I've heard some women say that the weight just falls off when they are nursing and other women say that it is harder to lose after the frst few pounds. I'm claiming that, for me, it is much harder. I just seem hungery all the time! ARGH! You all are doing so well and I love reading about your lives. It really does motivate me to read your stories. I am going Christmas shopping with my mom today so I don't have much time. I just wanted to drop a line so you don't all forget me! You guys are like mad posters! I couldn't possibly keep up. I haven't been on in a couple of days and I was 6 pages behind!! 6 pages! Lots of good reading to keep me busy in my down time though. Thanks guys! TTFN
Old 12-07-2002, 11:18 AM   #155  
determined chick!

Default Hey again

hey everyone! Rusty the most hidden sodium I think was in the canned veggies. I usually have them a few times a week and I noticed this week replacing them with frozen seemed to make a big difference. I didn't feel as bloated in the mornings. Also cut back on the diet pepsi. I only have it at meals now. I hated letting it go but not feeling bloated and seeing a more substantial loss made all that darn water worth it! No matter how much darn water I drink, I'm still sick of it! So many losers this week- WOO HOO! FOR US ALL! Thanks for all the congrats- and the support- you guys are great! Take care. Di
Old 12-07-2002, 11:19 AM   #156  

Oh I forgot to add my 2 cents about the pizza. I really love pizza but only from one specific shop thats about 1/2 hour from my house. My husband doesn't care for their pizza. But about once a month. Usually on Thursday, we get it. And I'll eat like 3 slices, it is a thick crust pizza. And I usually have a Coke with it to boot. I just can't say no to it!!!! It is like an addiction, so I know how you feel. You're still down for the week and still plugging away on your road so don't feel too bad about it and just move on. You're doing great girl!!
Old 12-07-2002, 11:33 AM   #157  

Talking I LOVE this group

We're all doing great! I love the support and inspiration I get from you all. Thanks, Rusty, I was all in a lather last night and counted my calories for the day in my head. Overestimated a bit. I really don't know about the pizza calories. They were giant pizzas and I probably had half of one by myself! One slice of cheese pizza and the rest were pepperoni. Still, without all the hysteria, my count this morning only came to about 2400 calories for the day! Thanks for the slap

Jen
238/232(woohoo)/140
Old 12-07-2002, 11:39 AM   #158  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Default Sahvara

Quote:
Originally posted by Sahvara
Kina, nice to know that someone enjoyed the pictures. Although, I'm scared to wonder about what "pep talk" you were refering to. *eyebrow
Ahh! The PEP talk. You have to know just by looking at the guy he would only take a second look at a gorgeous woman walking by. LOL Anyhow he is gorgeous himself. Woohoo!

Kina
Old 12-07-2002, 11:45 AM   #159  

Default "calorie update"

I love the internet. Just found the website for Papa Murphy's pizza. Had all the nutritional info right there. I underestimated the pizza just a bit, but I still stayed under 3000 for the day. I like the idea about spreading it out over the next week. And having an easy way to work-out at home now gives me an opportunity to up my activity if I want to.
I have an incredibly busy day today, so food shouldn't be much of a problem. The biggest problem will probably be finding time to eat! This morning isn't too structured. I have to get to the bank at some point to transfer some money and the grocery store to pick up stuff for next weeks lunches. At 1:00, though, my daughter has to be at the school for a program she's singing in. Then at 2:45 the same group is singing at the "Santa House" in town. At 4:00 she meets her girl scout troop to march in the "Santa Parade." I get to march too if I want to. I don't want to twirl those ribbons though! After that I'm taking her up to my mom's house to spend the night and it's off to my friend Marci's. Then at 8:00 I'm going for my "booty call". Tomorrow I'll be alone for a several hours at home. Sunday is my hardest day to stay OP. At this rate, though, I think I may nap all day!

Jen
Old 12-07-2002, 11:54 AM   #160  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Default Clarita!

Welcome to the thread Clarita! You will LOVE it here!

Sahvara~~~to add to the PEP talk. My goodness the guy is looking at ME. I have to be my best always! LOL
Oh and big thumbs up to you on your relationship with the elliptical machine.

Di~~~that is tremendous effort on your part for the willpower to let go of the Pepsi! OMG 130 lbs GONE FOREVER! Wow I think we need a few of these guys right here... That is totally awesome! Many hugs to you.

You guys I think we need to make it a rule to not talk about PIZZA on the weekends...LOL. The weekends are the worst for me. Can anyone offer a replacement for when I head to Pizza Hut for pizza and that way I won't feel deprived.

Oh! I seriously think there is something wrong with my scale if unless it had something to do with the fact that I hadn't been drinking enough water. But this morning I was down to 195. I had started at 194 then managed to get myself up to 197 and now I am down to 195. Now it is either the scale or the fact that I had not been drinking enough water. I am going to check the water theory before throwing out my scale. So today and for the coming week I will buy myself a water bottle that will allow me to count my suggested daily water.

I know I didn't give out many individual hello's. But know that I enjoy reading all of your posts and they are very important to me becuase they allow me to place them into my everyday goals and do something about it. Okay. I have so much to do today. I had better get going.

Bye.Kina
Old 12-07-2002, 12:09 PM   #161  
Hardcore UFOs

I just want to say that I am also a pizza fiend -- my bf calls me "Pizza the Hut", in fact. I could, and would, live on it! I find a good way to have pizza without having a whole pie to reckon with is to get a half a pizza sub. That way, you get your pizza fix and you don't have leftovers.
Old 12-07-2002, 12:18 PM   #162  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Well my biggest pitfall during Christmas time are TAMALES! OMG, I can smell those things miles away. YIKES.
Old 12-07-2002, 12:38 PM   #163  
RonaldMcDonald's LuvChild

Restaurant Confidential has Pizza Hut included and reccomends one or the other of these choices and reminds you to ask for half-cheese to cut the fat further:

Pizza Hut Hand Tossed Veggie Lover's Pizza - 3 Slices - 550 cal/14 grams of fat

And if you can't get everybody to go veggie for you...

Pizza Hut Personal Pan Ham - you can eat the WHOLE THING! - 580 cal/23 grams of fat

The Cheese and/or Pepperoni Personal Pans are about 630 calories / 28 grams of fat

Choci - good idea on the sub - all the taste - without the temptation of overeating!

Homesite for the book:

http://www.restaurantconfidential.org
Old 12-07-2002, 02:21 PM   #164  

Default Weigh In

We have some great losses for this Weigh in! Di you are amazing girl. If you dont find a way in you make a way in! very proud of you! I had put on 1/2 lb and lost it again so still at 129 whoopee.
I have been debating for a while how bad do I really want to get to my ultimate goal of 125? I lost 65 lbs just for me. But I have to admit that the last 4 lbs I want to do it for other reasons and not myself. I wanted to weigh 125 for my hubby. Is that insane? He told me once many ,many years ago " I wonder what you would look like at 125 lbs" Geeze I wanted to cry when he mentioned that ! lol He assured me a gazillion times he did not think I needed to lose weight. Well I was about 135 at that time. He knows now that I want to lose these last 4 lbs and Imsort of beating around the bush about it. I know what I have to do but I am not into it. What I am into is maintaining my current weight ,which I have done well for about 2 months? Not sure lol
He tells me not to worry that I will lose it slowly. But I dont hear it like that. I want to hear " HOney dont do it" You look perfect this way lol . Why do we feel we need to accepted by someone else? I accept myself the way I am now! I have two kids andI now weigh what I did when I was 14 yrs old. Not many people do that and I am proud.So for this reason only I am saying today that I am totally fine with my weight . I keep on trying to picture how much of a difference would 4 lbs less look on me. And the truth is when I lost 8 lbs in a whole month I could not see it in pictures.
ok now for the weigh in lol . So there will be no weightloss goal for me just to maintain.

Gen..Goal..maintain forever!

Laney1733...Goal 4 lbs

AnigeMe..Goal 8 lbs..Loss 3 lbs

Kina..Goal 8 lbs

Kempyd..Goal 2.5 lbs

Choci..Goal 10 lbs..Loss 3 lbs

Sahvara..Goal 4 lbs

Wykyd..Goal 5 lbs..Loss 2 lbs

Grizzly..Goal 10 lbs

Jen519..Goal 8 lbs

sheila_220..Goal 10 lbs

Papes..Goal 5 lbs

Rusty..Goal..8 lbs... Loss 1 lb

Gen
194/129/Maintain
Old 12-07-2002, 03:12 PM   #165  
Sarcasm Queen

Well, I'm on the phone right now with my mom as she tells me how fat I am. This is annoying. I don't feel like writing...

~Sahvara
Closed Thread