Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2002, 04:45 PM   #166  
Sarcasm Queen

Okay I'm back.... everyone has been doing so well!

Di, you are amazing. You lost the equivalent of a whole person. In fact, you just lost Gennel.

Jen, you're doing great! Keep it up.

Laney, congrats on the 25# landmark!

Angie, I must say I'm a bit on the jealous side. But it's a good jealous. Like the kind that has me still fricken estatically proud of, and happy for you, but also amazed that you started out weighing more than I did and now you weigh less than I do. Makes me feel like I'm a bum. But I know it's just your dedication and focus.

Kina, I see what you mean! The picture with Victor on the truck.... looks like he's looking at me, err.. us. It's cool. I'm gonna stare at that picture regularly now.

Gen, I feel bad since I can't update your weigh in charts. I'm gonna buy a battery today and weigh myself tomorrow and perhaps post the loss or gain or whatever have you. I gotta participate somehow. I hope to be a success story like you. For now, I'm off to the gym again. I'll check in later.

~Sahvara
Old 12-07-2002, 07:33 PM   #167  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Sahvara~~~I am so sorry your mom is being that way. You know years ago my mom did something like that to me in a round about way. I had to just give her the facts as rudely as it came out. But it finally stopped the suggestive pep talks she was giving me. Basically she was obsessed with my brother's girlfriend who had already had children yet she was just a perfect 10 because she was so SKINNY! Whatever! I was probably weighing 200 at the time. So I just turned to my mother and told her "What do I care if she looks so good in this and that! Perhaps I content with pleasing my husband and only my husband. I am sorry if you can't except me for the way that I look but I don't starve myself so that I can have other men take notice of me like someone we won't mention. But bottom line, MOTHER, I am quite happy with who I am. I am a wonderful wife, mother, and person but if I can't add daughter into that list simply because I don't fit into a size 6 well then you have problems because I thought mom's should love and support their children through whatever issues!" She started to cry...not me. It was something I had to do to stop the abuse. It stopped.

Now she supports me to lose weight and she no longer sees my brother's girlfriend as Ms. Perfect. She sees what I saw so long ago.

Sometimes we have to turn I thoughts away from people who are that way but fortunate for you...you will always have us.

Kina
Old 12-08-2002, 12:13 AM   #168  
Sarcasm Queen

Thanks Kina, I'll try to keep that in mind. I can't be perfect. All I can be is me. But I'm thinking that "me" can't lose 10lbs in half a year.

I bought the battery, but I'm gonna wait till tuesday to weigh myself again cuz I prob have a ton of water weight on me.

Ya know what bothers me? People who can't gain weight. Like John Leguizamo..... he couldn't gain a pound if ya strapped it to him!! I just saw him in a commercial. Always the thin man... I'm sad cuz I stepped on the scale tonight. Of course I did it after I ate dinner and knowing that I have water weight before my (.) .... yeesh! I was happier when I didn't have the battery. I may have to throw it out in the snow again. *eyebrow
Old 12-08-2002, 05:30 PM   #169  

Hi all , wow what a lot to catch up on!
Sorry I missed the weigh- in , I didn't lose anything this week, but I'm happy as I thought I might have put last weeks loss back on. It looks like my week of frantic exercising paid off!

Sahvara, Kina is so right about your mother. Sometimes the people we love don't even realise how easily they can hurt us, they don't think about how what they say might sound out loud.

Sometimes I think bigger people are expected just to put up with the insults and rude remarks, and if you don't you get accused of having no sense of humour. I would never think of walking up to a skinny person and saying "My god, you're so skinny- why don't you eat something!", or making stick insect jokes!

We had our Xmas party at work on Saturday night, drinks and
karaoke ( hey - there's a great idea, lets give a bunch of drunk people a microphone!) and this clown I work with yells out to me
"Hey, Rache, heres a song for you: "Big Girls Don't Cry".
Awkward, embarrassed giggles from some co-workers. So I walked up to the microphone and sang "Wild Thing" instead.
Brought the house down (and I'm not that good a singer!).

Old 12-08-2002, 11:34 PM   #170  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Default Chat Room Testers Needed

Someone had asked about the chat room a few weeks back. Well there is a thread that popped up asking for people to check it out and give some feedback....
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...5&pagenumber=1

I hope that will get you to where you need to go if not check it out under Announcements and Forum Help!>Chat Testers needed!

I thought I would let you all know. Bye.
Kina
Old 12-09-2002, 11:38 AM   #171  

I miss a weekend and I miss so many posts. You guys are amazing. I am not going to list all of the names but you guys always make me smile. No matter how bad of a day I am having I get on here adn all of you just perk me up!

Do you think we need to form a pizza support group? I admit I am addicted too.

I am really busy today but I wanted to check in to let everyone now that I was alive. (If anyone noticed I was missing)
Old 12-09-2002, 12:20 PM   #172  

Default Feeling Crappy & Alka -Seltzer Plus

Well I guess I'm about to get a cold or something. I spent the weekend making a lifesized Hula Girl, we will be in a parade and our Truck will be decorated. The theme is "Tropical Paradise"
So our girlscout troop is doing (grasskirts,flower in the hair thing.
Well I spray painted the skirt part and the next morning I was blowing my nose and had chunks of forest green paint coming out of my nose! My throat was hurting too. No doubt I have some paint in my throat too ,oh great. Well I was getting worse with sinus pain,runny nose. I took 2 liquid gell tabs of Alka-selzter Plus.OMG is all I can say!The last time I took this it didnt really get me drowsy ,I just had a good night sleep. This time I took it and went to my brother's house to wish him a happy birthday. Well about an hour later I was asleep on his sofa lol. I felt like I was super drunk and I was talking jibberish lol. I live on the same block as he does but he had to drive me home! lol I was knocked out by 8:30. By 3 am I was wide awake. I cant believe that I still feel this damn medicine in my system this afternoon!!!
Anyway, I'm gonna try to visit the chat tonight. I went in this morning to see if it worked and it worked fine after I refreshed it once.I skipped the Gym today. But the guilt is building up so I might go tonight with my hubby and just do 1 hr on the treadmill instead.
ttyl,
Gen
Old 12-09-2002, 01:44 PM   #173  

Ack I missed the weigh-in. What day do you guys do it?
Since last Sunday I have lost 1.5lbs. Not too shabby of a start. My goal is to lose 5lbs by CHristmas. I have changed my eating habits slightly but am having trouble keeping up with the water drinking. Any tips? I worked out 4x last week elliptical machine for 45 minutes 4x and 3 days of weights. I don't doubt that I might have gained a little muscle weight this week. It is amazing how muscles have a memory. As soon as I give them a boost they start popping right back into place. I have to keep this up! This is hard month to quick of a weight-loss/workout regimine. I am going on Holiday to Vancover B.C and San Diego not to mention all the holiday goodies that are floating about the office. You guys are so inspiring though and reading your posts every morning is keeping me going. Congrats on all the losses girls!
Clarita
Old 12-09-2002, 10:08 PM   #174  

Sorry to hear you're feeling so yucky Gennel. The stress of the new house is probably zapping your immune system in spite of all you do to take care of your body. I'm sure the chemicals in the paint didn't help either. Get as much rest as you can. Hope you feel better soon.
And Kempyd, of course I noticed you were missing. I'm sure I'm not the only one either. Good to hear from you. If we do form a pizza support group, can it include canneloni. I just didn't feel like cooking tonight and took my DD to a little italian place. I ordered the canneloni and while I didn't eat it all and I'm not sick, I do feel sort of "heavy" like I should have stopped just a few bites sooner.
Clarita, congrats on the loss. You and all the other women who do that elliptical machine are an inspiration to me. For now, though, I'll just keep doing my walking videos. Maybe when I get stronger I'll go for something more intense! I like water, but only when it's ice cold, so I keep several bottles in the freezer with just a little water (ice) in the bottom. Then I carry a bottle of ice water with me throughout my whole day and whenever I think about it, I take a drink. I usually end up drinking at least 64 oz. a day.
My dinner is almost settled, so it's just about time to do a 2-mile walk to help work off some of that canneloni!

Jen
238/232/140
Old 12-10-2002, 08:52 AM   #175  
RonaldMcDonald's LuvChild

Kempy - little do you know when people are thining of you! Made your chili last night with ground turkey - with medium salsa and whew! Hot stuff. Excellent and filling meal - BB and I stuffed a scoop of chili into pita halves and sprinkled ff cheese on top and chowed down. Very filling for two halves and it was less that 400 calories for supper - even with a few nacho chips for scooping up the dribbles (not counting the dribbles on my shirt! LOL) There's tons left for reheating, too.

Jen! I went walking with you yesterday. Only I did the 1 mile twice - once in the afternoon and once with BB after dinner. On the weekends we're going to go to the 2 mile again. Do you find your shoulders/upper arms take the worst beating? I think I could do the walking no sweat if Leslie didn't insist on making me raise my dang arms so much. But I do it - and it's getting easier a little at a time.

If you need to distract yourself watch Debbie frown and check out Leslie's eyebrows. Haha. One thing I did to enjoy the workout a bit more was bring in a box fan and blast it in my direction. I hate sweating. (Some fitness nut I am, huh!)
Old 12-10-2002, 08:56 AM   #176  
RonaldMcDonald's LuvChild

My favorite snack replacement lately? Tea. I bought three different samplers of herbal tea from three companies - Bigelow, Lipton and Celestial Seasonings and got a chance to try about fifteen different flavors. My two favorites (neither came in a sampler!) are Good Earth Chai (Indian traditional drink - black tea and spices) with a little 2% milk, and YUMMY CS Honey Vanilla Chamomile (No caffeine).

Then if I'm still hungry a half hour later - I nibble more real food.

Last edited by Rusty*Rusty; 12-10-2002 at 08:58 AM.
Old 12-10-2002, 10:10 AM   #177  

Good Morning,
I have to take dd to the orthodontist this morning, so I'm up a little later than usual. Just got through with the 2-mile walk. I never hop in the shower directly after because even after the cool-down and stretching, my body continues to sweat a LOT. I don't want to still be sweating when I'm done showering! I sure have noticed that in the afternoon or evening, I'm much more able to excersize than in the morning. Maybe I need more warm-up or something. I can do that 2-mile walk with no adjustments, but not in the A.M. It's weird. Hey Rusty, I forgot to look at Leslie's eyebrows. That one woman in the back on the left (of us) sure doesn't look too happy though.
I have my first ice-skating lesson tonight. Wish me luck. Hope I don't fall and break something! Oh well, I think my AFLAC would cover it and then I could take some time of from my pukey job!

Jen
238/232/140
Old 12-10-2002, 10:12 AM   #178  

Rusty I never thought about using pita with the chilli. I will try that next time I cook it. Thanks for the advise. I meant to tell you when you posted the new pics, I love it. You guys look so happy.

Kina and Sah how did your tests go?

Genn I hope you are feeling better today.

Jenn did you try to get into the chat room last night? Did you get my PM?

Angie I missed chating with you when you went to the store.

If I missed anyone I am sorry. I will check back in later today. I hope you guys are having a great day.
Old 12-10-2002, 10:18 AM   #179  

Jen I notice when I do yoga in the mornging I am not very good at it either. I think I definety need to be more warmed up for any typ of workout. I groan everytime we get into a position that I have to bend forward for.
Old 12-10-2002, 10:28 AM   #180  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I know Kempy. I had NO food in the house and I needed to go to get supper. LOL I think I will make oyster stew for supper tonight. Jay is going to have Moose meat so me and the twins eat oyster stew while he eats that. YUCK!!! I hate moose and deer meat. Too wild tasting for me.

I moved the elliptical up a level and I seem to be adjusting to it well. I doubt I will have much of a loss this week as I am so close to my period. I have a pap test tomorrow so I am praying it doesn't come overnight.

How is everyone doing? good I hope
Closed Thread