Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 09:17 PM   #76  
That Girl

S/C/G: 344/341/160

Height: 5'9''

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbieOBX View Post
Jen c25k for my mp3. Any clues?

Are you using a cell phone as your mp3 player? That's what I'm doing, and I can download the applications to my phone that integrate with it.

as far as the iPod Touch-----i believe if you go to one of the c25k websites, it offers a link to download the app.

I'm using an android phone, so it has all of the little features to run applications and such....

If it's just a regular mp3 player, I believe that there are podcasts that you can download that do essentially the same thing with the timer, however, it will not integrate with music.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:21 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wednesdaymorning View Post
I'm going to do a series of arm exercises and lunges and such. Anything I can do at home with my weights, really. I also may go for a walk. But it's 12 degrees outside, and no one likes the cold!

Yeah, avocados are deceitful! But they're so good. At least they're "good" fats and "good" calories.
Sounds like a good plan! 12! Wow...wayyyy too cold!
Old 01-02-2011, 09:21 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Lindsey Thank you, but that was my low on Christmas day. I am up a little since the holidays. I ate dinner late last night and was up a pound overnight. I am up a total of 1.8 pounds since not counting calories. That's not too bad, though. I am going to see how I do this week before I adjust my ticker.
Gotcha, well that's good for not counting! Yep, see how this week goes, I'm sure you'll be there!
Old 01-02-2011, 09:40 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

Good evening folks! Thanks for the warm welcome!

Today went all right. My husband and I had a rather large brunch today and a light dinner. I drank 6 glasses of water today so that was good! I cooked tonight so we have leftovers in the fridge. There's no excuse for anyone in my house to stop at a fast food joint this week!

Tomorrow I am going to hit the gym for a couple of hours after work. I am making Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays as my gym days. I just need to get my MP3 player charged up and get my gym bag ready!

So, here's to a good day tomorrow!
Old 01-02-2011, 10:05 PM   #80  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Diana - Things with the hubby are... well... the way they are. Not as bad as it was, but not as good as it could be. He's still drinking, but he's justifying it because he isn't drinking "as much" as he was. I call BS. We are speaking to each other, still aren't sleeping in the same room, but that's ok with me. He's driving me nuts. *sigh* My son is in the middle of some testing. I thought it would be over by now but it isn't. I'm still saving up though. I just can't "feel" for him like I used to.

Anyhoo, today started off WAAAY shaky. The dog was constantly waking me up to let him out, I lost count after 6 times. Woke up feeling totally grouchy and "off". I scarfed down a custard-filled doughnut and 1 1/2 cups of this hash-egg stuff that my husband made. Ugh. Anyway, here's my day:

B: Doughnut, hash nastiness (I didn't even like it, but I ate it!!!)

L: Thin-sliced seared chicken breast, miso soup, low-fat yogurt

D: Healthy choice Salisbury steak meal, 310 calories

S: Low fat yogurt.

I stayed barely below 1500 calories for today. However, I did 30 minutes of yoga, an hour of moving and assembling furniture, and I'm getting ready to kick my husband off of his Man vs Food marathon and do some aerobics on the Wii.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:35 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 175/175/150

Well ladies tomorrow is the day when I get serious. I am having my last fresca now and making a meal plan for tomorrow.

Coffee
Plain oatmeal with honey for breakfast
raw almonds for snacks
Plain yogurt with kashi go lean snack
Lunch TBD
Chicken and green beans for dinner.

Oh ya- WATER, WATER, WATER, WATER, WATER, WATER,

I have been looking over what everyone is eating and it does not seem like enough calories to support the workouts. I am no expert but my trainer tells me not to go below 2000 calories because of my workouts? It was just an observation and was wondering if you have information that I don't.

Thanks for the info.

Have a nice evening!

Rachael
Old 01-02-2011, 10:59 PM   #82  

Rachael, most of us just go with what our bodies tell us. I stay between 1300 and 1500 calories. If I go below 1200 calories per day, it isn't enough for me and I get sick-feeling. If I go above 1500 calories, I don't maintain a quick enough loss for me, which is at least 5lbs a month. (If I stick to plan!!!)

If your trainer says not to go below 2000, then don't. If, after a few weeks, you don't see the scale going down, then try 1800 calories, if no change, lower... and so on. I'm no doc or trainer though, I'm just letting you know my own technique.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:31 AM   #83  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! Let's make it a great week!

Pint I was hoping things would improve. At least it's not as bad as it was.

Rachael Age is also a part of the equation. How old are you? I am 42. I used this as my guide as well as some online calculators to determine my calories. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/1821967-post2.html Yesterday I had a lower calorie day since the last day that I actually counted calories was Christmas Eve. Also, for me, I don't count calories in my coffee/sugar/cream. Whatever total I post, it's plus 200-300. I average 1600-1700 calories a day. I agree with Pint. Track things for a couple weeks and adjust from there.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:12 AM   #84  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Hi all y'all!

I did it! I officially reached 50lbs yesterday. I posted before and after pictures on the mid-goal photo forum. I wasn't going to do it, but I remembered how much it helped me to see people achieving their goals, so I went ahead and posted it.

I've still been pretty sick. Saturday and Sunday were terrible. I couldn't stop coughing, couldn't breath...we were really thinking I might need to go in to get checked out. Dh let me sleep and rest yesterday and I think it helped me turn a corner. I'm still coughing a bit, but it's a LOT better. Thank goodness! I hope to keep getting better and be able to exercise again. It's been a couple of weeks since I've been able to exercise. TOM arrived yesterday, too...which surprised me since I had a loss.

Anyway, I should be around this week! I miss you guys!
Old 01-03-2011, 08:52 AM   #85  
At it again

Wow Shellsbrood! Congrats on your success! I am especially impressed because of the time of year during which you accomplished this. I find the Fall is the most challenging time, starting with Halloween candy and continuing through to that New Year's champagne.

You are all so inspirational - even through illness, vacation, and stress at home, you are all staying very close to plan and continuing to exercise. I really admire that!

I had a pretty good day yesterday. However, I did have a glass of wine with my hubby last night to celebrate the new year (he had to work all weekend). Still, I stayed under my calorie limit, managed to drink all 64 oz of water, and lost 1 lb., so I'm not complaining. Today, my goal is to get some exercise in and to make sure all my calories are nutritious.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-03-2011, 09:06 AM   #86  

Morning weigh in was 153.8lbs. My fingers are still super swollen, so I'm having some coffee today to help with some of the water weight.

I nearly fainted right off the Wii this morning. My weight popped up over 161. Turns out my little girl had her foot on the balance board.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:26 AM   #87  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Shells Congrats on the 50 pounds! That's awesome!

Rita Congrats on your pound loss!

Pint Ha Ha! I can see our dog Magnum putting his foot on the scale while I'm weighing.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:41 AM   #88  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Well TOM is really wreaking some havoc on me this month! I am up yet another pound to 223.2 I am so bloated today. I feel yucky. My pants fit tighter and my rings are tight. So I am chugging my water and sticking to my plan hard today. TOM's last day is today so I am hoping for some relief tomorrow.

I'm excited to go to the gym today and run. I am beginning week 6 of C25K! I can't believe in just 3 weeks, I'll be able to run for 30 minutes straight! That is so amazing to me!

Oh and Diana: My legs were only a little sore from the rollerskating. Just a little that night and they were fine the following morning. My son and I really love to skate. We're starting to make it a regular thing. I love it.

Have a wonderful day ladies!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 09:57 AM   #89  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

Not 100%, but I'm heading to the gym anyway. Perhaps just the treadmill today. While I didn't eat much yesterday, I'm still thinking their will be a gain here... we'll see
Old 01-03-2011, 10:10 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Debbie: Good to know about the bodybug. I have been looking at them just because I am afraid that I am overestimating how many calories I burn. It would be nice to know for sure!

One: Glad things went well for you. Good idea to get the things that you love that are healthy!

Lindsey: Congrats on being down! Your breakfast strata sounds good!!

Diana: I picked up ear plugs and alcohol yesterday so that after this one clears up hopefully no more!

Wednesday: I was shocked the first time I learned how many calories they had. I love avocados and now they are a very rare treat for me.

Racheal: On days that I work out, I have a higher allottment of calories. I have a program that adds it all in for me and tells me what I can have. However, I find that my body seems to be comfortable around 1600. If I don't eat a lot of junk etc, it is easy to stay around 1600. Not eating the junk is the hard part. :sigh:

Shells: WOOT!!!!! SUPER GRATS!!!!!

Pint: I couldn't help but laugh at the "extra" weight gain!! rotflol

Vixsin: Your enthusiasm for running is infectious!

Ande: Good for you going to the gym even when you don't feel 100%!

My ear still hurts today. Going to head to the doctor for more medicine. Bleh. Hoping to head to the gym later today but we will see. The beagles are overdue for a walk!! I will be back later to post my meal plan today. My boys are rioting because today is the vegetarian dinner! lol

Roxanne
Closed Thread