Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 11:23 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Courtney - Great job on drinking all the water! That can be hard sometimes! Have fun at the gym tonight! I think the MP3/iPod is the best for working out...gets your mind off of the somewhat boring workout!

Pint - Sorry your pup kept waking you up..mine does that all the time! Ugh! Sounds like you did good and "saved" the day after the donut. LOL..That is too funny that she did that!

Rachael - I agree with Pint & Diana!

Shells - WOOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!! Congrats!!! Awesome work!!! I'm so proud of you! Hope you feel better soon my dear!

RMC - Yay for the pound lost!

Vixsin - Darn TOM! You'll be back to normal soon! Awesome work on the C25k!!! I am seriously wanting to do that! That's amazing! I can MAYBE run 10 minutes straight right now, but I feel like I'm going to die at the end! Where did you find it?

Ande - Have fun at the gym! I know you'll do great!

Roxanne - Hope the doctor can get you some medicine that will help that ear ache! LOL @ your boys rioting over vegetarian dinner!
152.8 this morning! Down 0.8 from yesterday! Woo hoo! I see the 140s coming soon, at least I hope! By the end of January I WANT..NEED..MUST see the 140s! Nothing too exciting going on here. Today my DH has the day off, I think we'll run some errands and go for another run tonight! Hope you ladies have a spectacular day!

Last edited by LindseyLou; 01-03-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:10 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 293/Ticker/193

Height: 5 4

If it's just a regular mp3 player, I believe that there are podcasts that you can download that do essentially the same thing with the timer, however, it will not integrate with music. ~~~~Its just a regular mp3, and i now know what im looking for. I do believe some have music with them. Im simply going to start with walking, c25k will come later...THanks so much

d
Old 01-03-2011, 12:12 PM   #93  

Good Morning Everyone! I had a super day with my eating i finished the evening with 850 calories!

Im sturggling with the walking, i was apx .6 miles. Maybe i have marked it wrong, i will check again today.

Have an awesome day! debbie
Old 01-03-2011, 12:42 PM   #94  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLindseyLouHoo View Post

Vixsin - Darn TOM! You'll be back to normal soon! Awesome work on the C25k!!! I am seriously wanting to do that! That's amazing! I can MAYBE run 10 minutes straight right now, but I feel like I'm going to die at the end! Where did you find it?
Linds: Here's a link: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

It is such a great program. If it got me running, it can get anyone running. I had to teak Week 5 and 6 just a bit to work me up to the longer runs and I'm thankful I did. I hope you check it out.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:03 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxannestags View Post
Does anyone use bodybugg? Saw one of those online yesterday and was enthralled with the idea of it. I seriously want one except that most of my exercise is water aerobics and they are not water proof.

Roxanne
I saw that too...but I was turned off by having to pay a monthly fee I believe. We try to keep our monthly expenses down and I don't want to add another.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:12 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

I have got to get a move on - so can't respond to everyone... but ROXANNE- I am worried about your ears. I was a swimmer and we did a couple of things to stop getting what the docs started called "swimmers ear". A couple of drops of alcohol to dry up water or now there is a product made just for that at most pharmacies.

Also- list of foods that can make more ear infections: The most common allergens implicated in ear infection are cow’s milk and dairy products, wheat, eggs, chocolate, citrus, corn, soy, peanuts or other nuts, shellfish, sugar, and yeast. Dairy is the number one contributor to childhood ear problems.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:16 PM   #97  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

I just had to vent a little. Hubby came home for lunch and had fried potatoes, egg, and corned beef. I was doing the Wii, and he was sitting in his recliner. We were talking about my new high scores and lower Wii fit age. All of the sudden, he went very quiet and got a funny look on his face and said, "I really want to be in better shape. I can't do this anymore." He looked really upset, so I asked him if something was wrong. He woke up this morning and took his blood pressure with a new BP machine we bought yesterday. He had been feeling very nauseous with a headache, so he thought he was coming down with something. However, his BP was 167/100. He hadn't told me about it until this afternoon. He said he took an "extra" BP pill to try to combat it. He's only 29. We've had our problems, but this is terrifying to both of us. He had JUST woken up. Like, literally was sitting on the side of the bed, and his BP was that high. I'm scared for him, but I feel totally helpless. I can't MAKE him get healthy, and as soon as this scare fades, he'll go back to unhealthy habits.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:20 PM   #98  
That Girl

S/C/G: 344/341/160

Height: 5'9''

However, maybe what he needed was a scare. I look at this journey the same way I look at the way I quit smoking. I NEEDED a scare to do it, and it took losing my step dad to lung cancer from smoking to kick me in the pants to snuff out the habit for good.

I also couldn't do it until I truly wanted to. I looovvveeedd smoking. It took me almost 2 years after his death to finally say that I'm not going to let that habit rule my life anymore.

Ugh. Today is going to be...fun... TOM is here, so my sugar cravings are THROUGH THE ROOF.

Breakfast, got my "sweet" in, as well as a larger amount of protien.
-1 scrambled egg
-1 English Muffin with Lemon Curd
-1 4oz container Trader Joe's Blueberry and Cream yogurt

Snack:
Trader Joe's Trek Mix (pre portioned nuts and fruit!)

Lunch:
Ham on Wheat with Mustard
Skim Milk
Slivered Almonds

Dinner:
Whole Wheat Spagetti with Marinara Sauce
Garlic Toast

Snack2:
Trek Mix or Yogurt

These CARBS are killing me!!! I'm addicted!!!

Last edited by Jenocyde; 01-03-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:41 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Lindsey: Thanks went to the doctor and explained to her how much I am in the water (it is a new doctor, I just got to see the on-call doctor). She was almost aghast and asked me why I wanted to spend so much time in the water! lol I told her I am working on losing weight and she asked me if it was working. lol. I told her it was and I have lost 20 pounds so far.

Stacy: I would love one too but got realistic and decided at the moment I can not afford another monthly fee for anything. I want it though! lol. Thanks for the info on the swimmers ear. I got meds for it today (sigh again) and I got some of those drops you were talking about last night. I also got the ear plugs designed for swimmers. These things are starting to drive me crazy. Not to mention painful.

Pint: I am sorry. It was my bp that woke me up to the fact that I *needed* to do something about it...but even after I knew it still took me 6 months to be able to get to the point of doing something

Jeno: :hugs: sorry about the ROM, I get BAD chocolate cravings during that time

My plan for today:

B: 2 special k bars

L: 1 bowl of split pea soup

D: spaghetti (I found some new noodles that are made of a spinich, tomato and carrot blend and I grabbed a sauce that is packed full of veggies as well)

Snacks:
1 apple. 1 tangerine, 1 deli creations meal

Total calories for the day: 1479
Exercise: If I feel better (i.e my ear isnt pulsing with pain) I will take the beagles on a walk. If it doesn't get better then I am going to use the stationary bike at home.

Roxanne
Old 01-03-2011, 01:51 PM   #100  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

Down to 155.5 today! I actually did more at the gym today than I did last friday, LOL. 30 min kickboxing, 30 minutes circuit training, and 36 minutes on the stationary bike. Felt better the more I got moving!

Roxanne - I can sympathize on the ear infections. I don;t think I have an infection yet, but I have severe sinus issues, and with this cold, they are acting up, and my ears are all plugged and really beginning to hurt... my allergy meds usually clear it up, so we'll see!
Old 01-03-2011, 03:30 PM   #101  

Good Morning Everyone! I had a super day with my eating i finished the evening with 850 calories!

Im sturggling with the walking, i was apx .6 miles. Maybe i have marked it wrong, i will check again today.

Have an awesome day! debbie
Old 01-03-2011, 03:52 PM   #102  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Debbie, I have a question. I'm not trying to be nosey or lecturing or any of those things, just curious. Why are you eating so few calories? Is it a doctor-recommended thing?
Old 01-03-2011, 04:58 PM   #103  
Wreck'n'Rule

S/C/G: 168/138/133

Height: 5'5

Ugh, bad day, I ate actual bread because I was so desperate for something to make my stomach feel like it was full. My stomach felt full but four hours later, it wasn't a happy thing.

I need to stop doing that - I need to write it in big letters and stick it on the pantry door: 'WHEAT MAKES YOU SICK, HAVE A RICECAKE'.

God >< I feel crappy now and really really bloated. Totally my own fault.

Oh well, I'm going up to London for a day's shopping with my friend tomorrow. There's a health food cafe we've been meaning to try out so hopefully tomorrow I'll eat good things.

Now I'm going to have another cup of peppermint tea to settle my stomach, and I'm going to bed.

Ugh ugh ugh ><
Old 01-03-2011, 05:03 PM   #104  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

I resolve:

to train for and compete in the Warrior Dash
to get down to 150 sometime this year (lower would be welcome... just no higher)
to fit into a size 10 by the Prom or Fine Art's Banquet (currently a size 14/16 depending)
to be a vegetarian, eat no meat, and one month this year go lacto free as well (currently eating dairy products). I am currently a week long vegetarian... and lovin' it.
to have riding lessons regularly
to have 10-30 minute yoga sessions every morning and evening (could be morning or evening, but have a session at least once a day)
to... as a vegetarian... not majorly count calories... but attempt to stay within 1200 and 1800

*groan*... I am craving avocadoes and mangoes right now.... and unfortunately for me... neither are in season right now here in Serbia... however... four more days and I will be back in the USA with access to both...
Old 01-03-2011, 05:36 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 175/175/150

Debbie I would ask the same question as Pint. 850 does not seem like enough calories to spark your metabolism especially if you are working out. Maybe I am on the wrong track but I have been told that a person needs to eat more to lose more? If it is doctor recommended please be careful.

Serbrider - I love your resolves....very inspiring!
Closed Thread