Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 06:36 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Rachael- Nice to meet you. I love going to the gym too. I actually can't wait for my gym time everyday and am sad when Sunday rolls around and I have to rest. Nice to meet ya!

RMC- Glad you found us!

Wysteria- I guess I have been naughty too. I am going to be up tomorrow. Maybe I won't weigh-in. I have just been uber-hungry today which is odd for me. So I have been eating.

Debbie- thanks for the protein chip info. I think that is right up my alley and on my program. I saved to favorites and will order after the Christmas bills are paid!

welcome- ONESTEP

Roxanne- I use a gel seat in spin class. It was only 10 dollars at terget and works wonders!
Old 01-01-2011, 07:11 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Racheal: Water is my weak point as well. I was only drinking about 8 to 10 ounces a day before I started this. I have upped it but I probably need to consume more still.

Stacy: That sounds like a good idea, I will have to look for one. Do you just put it over the seat of the bike you are using?

So far has been a good day foodwise. Been on plan and even did a short amount of exercise.

Roxanne
Old 01-01-2011, 08:23 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

CourtneyDaisey - Hi! Welcome!

Rosinante - Hi! Welcome!

Rachaelfoy - Hi! Welcome! Your ticker won't show up until you have posted 20 times and have been a member for 20 days.

OneStepAtATime - Hi! Welcome!

Vixsin - That dinner sounds delicious!! Ehh..I'm up today too. Oh well, hopefully we'll be seeing the downward trend soon!

Roxanne - Hey there!

Wysteria - Hey there!

OBX - Hi there!

Diana - I missed you!!!!! Glad you're back! Where did you go on vacation?

Shells - Hey you! Happy New Year!!!!!

Well, today went pretty well. Last night I indulged a little with the hubby...we ordered a pizza! I ate about 1750 yesterday, which isn't great, but it could have been much worse. Before I started all this I would have EASILY consumed twice what I ate last night. And of course, this morning I'm up 0.8! Hoping tomorrow most of that has vanished! Tonight hubby and I made this AWESOME chili...yum! 193 calories per cup. Here's the link: http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/re...10000001895912

Anyways, here is the break down for today...

B- strawberry oatmeal w/milk 180, banana 90 (270)
S- cheesestick 100
L- smart ones pot roast 180
S- laughing cow cheese 35 w/ wheat crackers 70 (105)
D- 2 c. black bean and corn chili 400, RF sour cream 40, tortilla chips 140 (580)
S- jello temptations chocolate mousse 60
Exercise: 30 mins walking, 10 mins of cleaning/laundry
~20g fiber, Multivitamin

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Hope 2011 is terrific!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by LindseyLou; 01-01-2011 at 08:26 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:28 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachaelfoy View Post
I am new to this tread. It sounds like a great idea. I worked out at the gym daily and want to get back into eating better.

So what do I do? Tell you everything I eat, all my exercises and my weight progress.

How do I get the ticker to show up in my posts?

Looking forward to the daily accountability.

Rachael
You can post things like your meal/exercise plan for the day, goals, or just chat! Glad you found this thread! I love all the ladies in here, they really motivate me and keep me on track!
Old 01-01-2011, 08:29 PM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneStepAtATime View Post
I've never done one of these accountability threads, either, but I could sure use it! I've been feeling pretty down lately- I've gained about 20-25 pounds very quickly because of some new mental health meds. But while I'm working with the doc to switch my meds around, I need to take better control of my eating (because it's not just meds!

My main goals for January is to go to the gym more. My husband and I agreed on two times a week to start (although I may end up going more often, just because I have more time and like it better than he does).
That's a great plan! My goal this year is to incorporate more exercise as well!
Old 01-01-2011, 08:30 PM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andejean View Post
Happy new year all! I celebrated a wee bit tonight, but I would say while I am sure I went over my calories, I am sure I didn't eat anywhere near as much as last year! I'm counting that as a victory! I have learned portion control, and will power! Tomorrow I am going to be really good up until "lunch", our lead player is bringing homemade lasagna, and that is my uber fav. But I will practice portion control, and savor each and every bite!
Sounds like you did terrific!!!
Old 01-01-2011, 08:32 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbieOBX View Post
I did have a great day yesterday, and my evening snacks were protein chips!
My total calories were 1140, they were healthy with the emphases on protein. I do use protein drinks and protein chips as snacks.

I did an hour of water aerobics in the am. I could of added more exercise in the afternoon, but i did not.

Have a great and healthy day. debbie
Wow! You did great! AND an hour of water aerobics! How do you like those? I've always wanted to do that! I guess I've never been brave enough to get into a bathing suit...
Old 01-01-2011, 08:33 PM   #38  
At 5:00

S/C/G: 207/195/120

Height: 5'3''

These are a good idea! I need to be accounted for.

So:

Today all I had was a biscuit for breakfast. My avacados aren't ripe yet.

For dinner (I woke up too late to have a decent lunch) I had a steak, some zuchinni hashbrowns (zuchinni+eggs in a fry pan), another biscuit and a diet soda.

I didn't work out today. Shame on me. But Monday, the gym will open and I will be there!
Old 01-01-2011, 08:42 PM   #39  
Love Thyself

S/C/G: 231/214.6/165

Height: 5'7"

Hello & Happy New Years everyone! Great thread!

I did horrible today food wise lol. I had a smoothie for breakfast which was fine. Then for lunch I had a grilled cheese & some cottage cheese it was ok but a bit on the higher calories then I should have been shooting for.

But then for dinner I made 2 breakfast burritos which were almost 800 calories and for a snack before dinner I made myself another grilled cheese sigh. So I went over 2k calories today! Like 400 calories over my highest goal.

But on the plus side I did work out & I did track my food still. I am not going to get down on myself. Tomorrow will be better! I just need to adjust and make better snack choices for sure lol

Goodluck everyone
Old 01-01-2011, 08:49 PM   #40  

S/C/G: SW: 183/ CW: 183/ GW: 150

Height: 5'2

Hello all,

I'm hoping to join the Jan accountability thread. So far today has not been the greatest.

B: out with DH and split a western omlet with hashbrowns
L: Chicken salad sandwhich on white bread
D: Pizza

There were many snacks in between too. Tomorrow is the start of a new me.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:31 PM   #41  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/186.6/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone! Happy New Year! I'm back home. I had set the hot water heater to vacation when we left. I turned it back on when we got home and now it's leaking. I have a call into a company that does that type of work. Hopefully they will get back with me soon. I am so grateful that it didn't leak while we were gone and flood the house. DH said we will be taking the Polar Bear Plunge until then. Did someone say BRRRRRRR! The hot water heater is gas so I don't want DH messing with that.

I didn't do a workout today nor did I count my calories. I will be back to posting my foods tomorrow.

Vixsin Are you sore from the roller skating? I haven't skated in years.

Debbie Nothing wrong with being a beach bum.

Stacy I hope you enjoyed the spin class.

Andejean Hi and Welcome!

Roxanne Congrats on the whoosh!

Rachael Hi and Welcome! I post my foods, calories, and exercise. Here's an example of what I do, you can do whatever motivates you.
Lunch (375 Calories)
Earth Grains Thin Bun 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 Calories
Mustard/Lettuce 25 Calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Onestep Hi and Welcome!

Wysteria Hi! Glad to see you back!

Lindsey Hi! I'm glad to see you back. We went to Brevard, NC. It's in the mountain area of NC. How is your little one doing?

Wednesday Hi and Welcome!

moonkissed Hi and Welcome! We all have those days. Tomorrow is a new day.

Rita Hi and Welcome!

Niki Hi and Welcome!
Old 01-01-2011, 09:33 PM   #42  
ish

S/C/G: 239/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Accountability is exactly what I need. I'm re-starting this effort for what feels like the hundredth time, and I'm not really feeling that "THIS IS IT!" feeling I normally do when I'm starting out, but I've decided that I'm going to go through with it anyway. I really need to lose this weight for my mental sanity, not to mention my health.

Who knows, maybe it's a good thing I'm not overly enthusiastic this time around? Maybe it means I'm finally being realistic.

I will try to post often and give everyone the support I can!
Old 01-01-2011, 10:11 PM   #43  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/186.6/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Ish Hi and Welcome! I hope it will work out for you this time. If you start to question yourself, a popular saying around here is 'fake it until you make it'. I am also partial to my saying in my signature line.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:01 PM   #44  
That Girl

S/C/G: 344/341/160

Height: 5'9''

Okeys...

I went to the gym last night for about 45 minutes, because I knew I wouldn't have a lot of spare time today.

Said 'no' to the alcohol last night, and today, said 'no' to the soda (except 1 diet dr pepper)

Slept in so late, snacked for lunch on a granola bar (naughty...)

Dinner consisted of home made pico de gallo (onion, tomatoes, cilantro, black beans, corn, lime juice and a shake of salt) with some tortilla chips and 1 soft taco with lettuce, pico, some pepperjack, a small dollop of Sour Cream, and 90% lean beef taco meat with 1/2 cup spanish rice.

Too much salt tonight, but i've been guzzling down the water, and I also take Cayenne supplements to boost my metabolism.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:43 PM   #45  

Wednesday, Moon, Niki, Ish & Jen - Hi! Welcome!

Diana - Really, I've been thru there before. My parents bought some property in Hayesville, NC...not too far from there! How was your trip? The little one is doing great. Her shoulder is doing good, no problems. We're watching her tumor/growth on her belly. We got another opinion from another vet while on vacation and he thought because of her age and health maybe we should reconsider having the growth removed (putting her under anesthesia)...so we're watching it for now.
Closed Thread