Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-15-2010, 09:42 AM   #511  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

I weighed 153 this morning. It has to be all this extra housework! LOL

Today I'm having/have had:

B: Just under 1.5 cups Hot chocolate 250 calories, 1 1/2 egg whites (would've been 3 but my lil girl really wanted some of what I was having) 26 calories, 1 slice whole wheat bread 50 calories, 1/2 tablespoon low-cal mayo 18 calories, slice of reduced fat all natural cheddar 60 calories

S: Apple (if I can stomach it, it's hard for me to eat in the morning 'cause of the meds I take after breakfast)

L: Leftover chicken breast (it's 1/2 a breast though...2.5 ounces maybe?) w/ mushroom sauce, salad w/ 2 tablespoon Newman's light raspberry vinagrette.

S: Hard cooked egg whites w/ low-cal mayo, mustard, onion & 5 crackers

D: Biggest Loser Swedish Meatballs w/ 1/2 c. noodles (thankfully I don't care for this kind of noodle) and steamed asparagus.

All of that should put me between 1200-1300 calories if I stay on plan.

Last edited by Pint Sized Terror; 10-15-2010 at 09:44 AM.
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:01 AM   #512  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Got home late last night and my internet wasn't working so I didn't get to check in. Here is yesterday's food:

120+ ounces water
Walked to and from my son's fight from my office building (about 5 blocks each direction) - not much.

Breakfast:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake

Snack:
V8 Juice and a string cheese

Lunch:
Steak fajitas on low carb tortillas (2)

Late Snack/early Dinner:
Part of a BBQ Port Chop
Cottage Cheese with peaches

After the fight: About 6 tortilla chips with salsa at a mexican restaurant.

Total Calories approximately 1320.
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:08 AM   #513  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Friends!

There is talk that mom may be released either today or the first part of the week so I am really happy about that!

I am starting to feel like things are calming down. I look forward to nice drops on the scale as my body lets go of the stress it's been holding onto for a week now. I am also looking forward to my new internet connection at home and being able to check back in tonight too!

My eats are good for today:

Breaky: greekyogurt w kashi go lean, gbar, string cheese, apple = 490
lunch: 4.5 oz chicken, stir fry veggies, 1/2 serv of couscous = 395
Snack: string cheese, apple = 160
Supper: garlic shrimp w steamed green and yellow beans = trying to stay under 300ish

for a workout.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:05 PM   #514  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

cincim - Enjoy your trip to the US

katy - Oh dear! Get back up on that wagon and forget about the little fail last night. We all have those days.

LittleL - HaHa! I love oatmeal! It is so filling and satisfying. Love it with some natural peanut butter ans chopped banana AND TOM IS EVIL! Perhaps try and stay away from the scale for a few days.

Diana - Awww thanks, that's very sweet You girls have been a huge inspiration to me too.

dallas - Kale chips are awesome! And sooo easy to make. I chop them up into bite sized pieces, toss them with garlic, EVOO, salt & pepper then bake in the oven at about 400F until they are crunchy (but not brown). Delicious!

Pint Sized - Hiya - apples are a great snack, that satisfy my crunchy and sweet craving!

roxanne - Wow, so busy. Sounds like you deserve a long soak in a hot tub!

library - I think you made a good decision coming at it from a few different angles. I know he will listen to you that way

nicole - I'm cheering you on! You can do it! Someone stole your dog out of your back yard?? That's awful I hope you find him soon

krampus - Enjoy your mountain climb! It sounds like a lot of hard work but also a lot of fun! Enjoy!

Mama - Hiya Little exercise is better than no exercise!

Vixsin - Yay! Glad to hear your mum will released soon. Awesome!

Last edited by L R K; 10-15-2010 at 12:05 PM.
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:15 PM   #515  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone

IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!!

More great news for me weighed in today at 190.8!

Last night we did eat in again. I made Spaghetti Bolgenese with whole wheat pasta (sauce was homemade out of tomatoes, lot's of different veggies and spices - "meat" was crumbled tempeh and chopped mushrooms).

Another busy day for me today. Have to leave work early for a wedding tonight so trying to cram what I can in this morning. I am also on a United Way committe in our office and we had our kick-off meeting this morning so I have been away from said work all morning!

Here is my plan for the day Fri 10/15/2010

B - 1 WW whole wheat bagel with vegan cream "cheese" + 1 tofu dessert type thing + a few strawberries

S - 1 cup raw broccoli w/ hummus

L - Veggie sandwich on multigrain bread w/ a side salad

S - 1 banana + 5 triscuits

D - Not sure yet - will be at a wedding

Drinking: At least 2 cups green tea + 2L water + some alcoholic drinks at the wedding reception

Exercise: DANCING! ( at the wedding )

Have a happy, healthy and OP day AND weekend!
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:51 PM   #516  

Ahh CRAP! Well, lunch had me off plan BIG TIME. I had to drive into town to pick up medical records about the car accident. That left me a little anxious. Hubby went with me so he could check on his truck, that is STILL in the shop. It ended up taking too long at the hospital, so we couldn't do the truck stuff, AND hubby hadn't had lunch and had an appointment, so he asked to go to a sandwich place. I told him I was fine, and I had lunch waiting for me at home. He got back in the car with his sandwich AND a second one for me, because he "knew" I would get hungry. My stomach was GROWLING. He ate his in the car while I drove. It just smelled too good, and booooy did he point that out, LOL. As soon as I walked through the door I ate enough sandwich that, even if I don't eat a morsel the rest of the day, I'm still over budget a good 200 calories. Not to mention the sodium. And it wasn't even that good. It tasted like... bread-grease-salt. UGH!!!!!!!
Old 10-15-2010, 02:34 PM   #517  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenA View Post

LittleL - HaHa! I love oatmeal! It is so filling and satisfying. Love it with some natural peanut butter ans chopped banana AND TOM IS EVIL! Perhaps try and stay away from the scale for a few days.

LOL - you're TOO funny! I love the drooling smiley! I will have to try some PB and banana in mine. That sounds SO good!!! Yeah TOM is evil! I've been waiting all week and just cramps and weight gain. I feel all bloated and crappy....took some Midol, maybe that will help, but "he" hasn't arrived YET! Seriously? Just annoying me at this point, lol. Yep, staying away from the scale til next week!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:59 PM   #518  
Dog Lover

S/C/G: H:226/215/ticker/150

Life has been hectic and so has the diet Been completely off plan for a few days now. Hopefully I haven't done too much damage- TOM hasn't left yet, so I haven't got an accurate weight. I had every intention of staying OP yesterday, but after taking my hubby to the ER, we were starving. We were jogging (ok, he jogged for several laps and I jogged 1 lap, lol) when he stopped because his left arm went numb. Being a red flag for a heart attack, I got him to come inside and sit down. The numbness got better and I gave him an aspirin. Then the numbness came back. I wanted to take him to the doctor's office because his father had several heart attacks and died of congestive heart failure at the young age of 54. I know he is only 33, but wanted to know if this was an early warning sign of a heart problem. Called the doctor's office and they said to take him to the ER immediately. So I dragged him kicking and screaming and guess what- he is completely fine. He probably just pinched a nerve working out. But after sitting in the hospital for a long time without my diet shakes, we both caved in to the nearby chinese buffet... sighhhhhh. Oh well, all I can do is get back on track. I've only worked out twice this week. At least with all of this and TOM, I still haven't seen the big bad "2" pop up on the scale.

Anyway, here was my day:

Mocha shake
Chicken Creole entree with avocado
Hummus with celery
BBQ Chicken entree, with veggie TBD
Shake TBD
ravenjeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:27 PM   #519  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

10-15-10

100+ ounces water

Breakfast:
Chocolate/ Coconut Protein Shake

Lunch:
Turkey Leg (cooked in the crockpot)
Green Giant Antioxidant blend veggies
Nectarine

Snack:
Apple with cinnamon
Cheese Stick
Almonds

Dinner:
Grilled Portabello Mushroom with provolone cheese and 1 slice roast beef sandwich
Lettuce Salad

Total calories approximately 1450
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:58 PM   #520  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Evening Friends!!!

Kris: Your supper sounds YUMMERS!!!!!!!!

Raven: I am so glad that hubbywonderful is going to be just fine. Maybe he wanted some drama for the day. Don't be too hard on yourself for not sticking to plan. The ER causes some pretty big stress. It's understandable. Glad to hear that you still haven't seen the "2"!!

Lindsay: I hear you about TOM!!! I'll be happy to rough him up for ya. LOL

Pint Size: Stay strong. You'll get past that sandwich.

Lauren: Great number on the scale today, girl!!! Have a great time dancing with that new bod at the wedding!!!! Cant wait to hear about it.

Have a wonderful night girls!!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:51 PM   #521  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Roxanne I hope today was a better day for you.

Krampus Wow! Awesome workout!

Pint I'm sorry your day didn't go as planned. Maybe it wasn't as bad as you thought it was.

Vixsin Great news on your Mom.

Lauren I'm not sure if you will be on this weekend. I still want to congratulate you on your weigh in. Great job!

Raven I'm sorry you've had a rough couple of days. I'm glad to hear your DH is OK. I know that was scary for you.

Kris I love turkey legs, although I don't get them often.

Hi to Everyone I missed
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:57 PM   #522  

I went ahead and had *some* dinner. Definitely not a full portion and filled up on salad instead. I still ended up far over 2000 calories, but I spent an hour and a half in the tub tonight thinking. I used to eat close to 2000 calories in one sitting... every day. Sometimes more than once a day. Today isn't going to hit a reset switch or something. I'm not going to drown my sorrows in the other sandwich or anything else in my kitchen. I don't even have the inclination to. In fact, out of sheer habit, I wandered into the kitchen, not hungry, and started rummaging for something to eat. Nothing appealed to me. I didn't FEEL like eating. This is very very big for me. Probably the first time I haven't let boredom, stress or a bad day throw me mouth-first into a box of Oreos. I feel quite happy about this little epiphany.

The only exercise I did was a brisk 20 minute walk. My allergies are soo bad right now, even the dogs set me off when they come from outside, so I'm going to have to keep the outside stuff to a minimum. The gym isn't much better, but it's better than being outside, so I'll be hitting that up until I clear up.

I have a child's b-day party at a pizza place tomorrow. We're having lunch before heading down. Thankfully it's not until 1, so that gives us plenty of time to eat healthy!

Last edited by Pint Sized Terror; 10-15-2010 at 09:58 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:58 PM   #523  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

I hope all of you have a great weekend!

Total Approx 1355 + Morning Joe

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 cal
Handful of spinach
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 cal
high fiber English muffin 100 cal
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch: (340 calories)
Earth Grains 100% Whole Wheat Thin Buns 100 Calories
1 slice Reduced fat cheese 60
2 slices Hormel Natural Choice Cooked Ham 30 Calories
Romaine Lettuce Leaves
Grey Poupon Mild and Creamy Mustard 0 Calories
Snack Pack of Sliced Apples 40 Calories
Oikos Yogurt 110 Calories

Dinner (650 Calories)
Grilled chicken breast 400 calories
2 Orders Steamed Broccoli 200 calories
couple grilled shrimp 50 calories

Exercise:
~I Want Those Buns (First Section)
~TF Fire 60
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:46 AM   #524  

S/C/G: 178/177/150

Default Friday's plan today

Breakfast:

Oatmeal
Orange 200
Clif Bar 270

ciabta roll 170
turkey (1 oz) 30
tomato/onion 10
mayo 20
mustard
apple 60

whole wheat pasta
class of wine 100

Total for the day: 1453 cal

I think that this is pretty good because I ran 6 miles today too, so I don't feel like I "cheated". I ran burn 600 calories and then I ate a good amount of food that was probably needed. On top of that, I think it's important to have a glass of wine every once in a while with friends, does this qualify as a mediterrean diet?

Anyway, I guess I don't feel like this is a slip-up. Under 1500 calories is still something that I would consider good, and since I ran 6 miles, I consider this on plan, or am I just making up excuses?

Here is what I plan to eat for tomorrow:

Omlette with veggies 350
apple 60

Leftover pasta 350
apple 60

1/6 digornio pizza 360
salad w/ vinegarette 70

total: 1250

I guess I feel that as long as I stick between 1250-1500 I am doing good, however, for the majority of the time I want to try to get under 1200, that way, when I have days like this, I can make sure I don't go over 1500 and that I don't get fuller faster.
librarygirl111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 01:49 AM   #525  

S/C/G: 178/177/150

Default feelin' good

The night just ended. The boys even needed to go to Del Taco and I was the responsible driver after a bunch of water. I managed to stay at the 1453 calorie mark. Having a shin-dig and staying on a cal budget is tough but I did it. I did go over my usual less than 1200 diet, but I stayed under 1500. It's so hard to balance life sometimes.
librarygirl111 is offline   Reply With Quote