Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-13-2010, 08:44 PM   #466  

S/C/G: 265/265/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone!
My power cord broke last night so I've got to order one tonight... Mac is draining quickly so won't be posting in the evenings till replaced.

Had salad w/sandwich and cookie at lunch
Bok choy/tofu stir fry (got the bok choy too chewy... need to find out more)...
cookies

TOM killing me right now and trying to work up the motivation to go to the gym anyway... not looking good.

Goodnight everyone! I'll see you in the morning!
dallasgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:47 PM   #467  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

10-13-10

100+ ounces water
5 minutes eliptical, 30 pull-ups (on a machine that helps you), 30 lunges (each leg) - had a free trainer session at the gym but part way through my sugar bottomed out and I had to quit. I ate part of a Fiber One bar and a couple of sugar tablets and tried to continue, but it bottomed out again and I ended up having to quit.

Breakfast:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake

Lunch:
Fajitas on Low-Carb Tortillas

Snack:
Apple
Cottage Cheese

Low blood sugar - glucose tablets and Fiber One bar

Dinner:
2 slices Roast Beef
1 slice swiss cheese

Total calories approximately 1320.
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:53 PM   #468  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

How do you prepare your bok choy? I usually boil it for 3-5 minutes so it's nice and easy to chew.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:09 PM   #469  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Here's my check in for today:
B- 1-5" ww pancake w/ lite syrup 150, strawberries 50 (200)
S- 2 rice cakes 90
L- chicken & stars soup 175, ww bread w/ smidge of butter 75 (250)
S- salad w/ lite dressing & croutons 100, 2 rice cakes 90 (190)
D- HC meal 340
S- fruit bar 80, 2 rice cakes 90, bites of pretzels 10 (180)

Total= 1250

30 min brisk walk
30 min Pilates

For some reason I ate 6 rice cakes today...too good! lol Weighed in today at 166.6#, -8.6# total! -15 3/4" lost!

See you all tomorrow! Night night!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:22 PM   #470  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Diana ~ no business name yet. It's really bugging me. I've had some good suggestions, but still mulling them around. The hardest part is that I just love a name but that name isn't available - so that makes it difficult.

Got my blood test results back today. My A1C is 6.8. That's only .4 above normal. That's amazing - especially for me. And that's with me skipping my insulin A LOT over the past few months.

Lindsey ~ cute haircut.

Vixsin ~ glad your mom is improving.

Lauren ~ a new low. Woo Hoo!

Roxanne ~ Great job!

Quietstorm, Summer, Cincimini, Raven, ebenz, Pint, Katylil and anyone I might have missed (I'm a little scattered/unfocused these days) ~
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:19 PM   #471  

S/C/G: 265/265/160

Hi Krampus, I stir-fried the bok choy with tofu, garlic, and a soy-based sauce... suspect I overcooked it, but I'll try to boil one of them 3-5 minutes and see what it's like! I'm new to it so thanks!

I made it to the gym... 65 minutes and 750 calories on the elliptical. My heart rate is usually 165ish for that time with 3 or so dips to 150ish, highest, 175. TOM so I popped some ibuprofen and took off to meet my friend.
I feel pretty good though. Going to have a hot tea and shower. 9 minutes left on my computer battery... guess I won't be going to bed looking at real estate as I usually do. lol
Goodnight!
dallasgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:42 PM   #472  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

I am totally fried!! Hubby and I moved furniture and switched rooms around for SEVEN HOURS today. We moved our love seat, computer desk, bookshelf, bedroom TV etc into our laundry room/ storage room, and went through everything we had stored. We set the storage room up as a kind of "media/family" room. I have to say, I like it. Then we moved the living room and dining room furniture around to compensate for the furniture we took out. My kitchen looks like something from Hoarders right now because all the extra stuff was put in there until tomorrow.

I've spent the past hour and a half looking up recipes and setting up a meal plan for the next 6 days, as well as the grocery list for it. Hubby didn't want to help with it, or even pick out some recipes, so I guess he's going to be surprised!

Tomorrow I'm making chicken and mushroom sauce, balsamic roasted broccoli and cous cous. I'm eager to try it. I've never made a low-cal cream based entree before.

Last edited by Pint Sized Terror; 10-13-2010 at 11:43 PM.
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:56 AM   #473  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

I'm interested in Bok Choy, too. I've eaten it out and seen it at the store, but I've never make it myself.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:36 AM   #474  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Good Morning!

Pint--Wow! I wonder how many calories all that moving burned? I bet a whole lot. (I love rearranging my home too)

Dallas--Great workout!

MamaP--So glad to hear the news about your blood test. Yay!

LittleL--That's funny...I had rice cakes yesterday too and ate a bunch. They're addicting. I love the hair cut, btw!

Krampus
--I usually prepare my bok choy in a wok. So very yummy! I also like baby bok choy. It's a lot smaller and less stringy.

Summer--No fair on the candy temptation! We had candy corn at home and I had to send it in with my hubby, because I couldn't say no.

Library--I actually like Applebee's WW menu. It's all very tasty.

Quiet--I love books, so I think that's a wonderful way to reward yourself instead of food.

Roxan--Thanks! I'm such a baby when I get sick. I hate being sick. Blah.

Raven--I'm such a sucker for those lemonades at the fair. Yum! Oh, and the fried dough! Good thing I avoided the fair this year...I doubt I would have had your will power.

Cinc--I love a good tomato/moz salad. Great menu!

Lauren--You're amazing! Congrats on staying OP and the weightloss!!

Diana--How are you doing today?

to anyone I may have missed!
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:47 AM   #475  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

So, I still have this nasty cold. Bah. I find that when I exercise though, it clears my sinuses. I imagine the rise in body temperature will chase out the nasty bugs too.

Yesterday:

Weight: .2 loss (it just doesn't want to give my official 20lb loss...mean scale)
Exercise: 7 miles on treadmill (3.5 on 10% incline) 140 minutes

Breakfast: Banana, yogurt, coffee
Snack: 1/2 a piece of cake no frosting (My son's 6th birthday was yesterday)
Lunch: Progresso light vegetable barley soup, piece of bread
Snack: 2 servings Quaker Quakes Rice Snacks
Dinner: Lean Cuisine Balsamic Chicken, Banana/Guava/Strawberry Smoothie
Snack: 2 Wasa bread w/ laughing cow light spread

Calories: 1,434
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:01 AM   #476  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Well, I stayed on plan, and then I had a gigantic banana split sundae. Gigantic by Japanese standards is probably small by American standards. 2 small scoops of ice cream, a little whipped cream, and some chocolate sauce drizzled on top. I'll tell myself it was 600 calories. It was SO worth it.

Breakfast - 305
-Bagel sandwich (196)
-Yogurt (89)
-Coffee (20)

Lunch - 446
-Vegetable bifun noodles (346)
-Banana (100)

Snack - 115
-Calcium supplement bar (115)

Dinner - 1250 (OUCH)
-Edamame (150)
-2 small tacos (500ish)
-Banana split from heaven (600ish)

Exercise
-100 minutes very brisk walking
-30 minutes jogging/running
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:15 AM   #477  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Morning everyone. My arms and legs are fatigued from all that moving yesterday. Give it a day, and they'll be full-on sore.

Woke up late this morning and had to rush to get the kids breakfast, dressed and out the door for school. We still had enough time to walk, thankfully. All the sodium I had yesterday has resulted in bloaty-ness, swollen fingers and legs. Ugghhh. No more Thai food for me. I've really gotta start watching my sodium.

So far today I've had a slice of whole wheat toast (50cal) and 1T of almond butter (95 calories). I find that I don't binge on almond butter the way I do with peanut butter, even the REAL, no sugar added only peanuts peanut butter. Hmm. Anyway, I plan on eating a little more later in the morning, but toast is all I've been able to stomach so far.
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:18 AM   #478  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

LittleL - I always had short hair too but this year I started growing it out and now that it is long I find it so much easier to manage. I dunno why.

Pint Sized - It sounds like you made some great choices on your suprise lunh, great job!

raven - Being at a fair is the worst! So many delicious tempting foods but you did great! Glad to see you avoided those evil deep fried treats.

roxanne - Great job on the new low! Amazing!

quiet - Hiya Nice to see you back with us

Library - Working out has always been hard for me and I can honestly say there is absolutely no way I would be able to get up and exercise before work. Some of the other girls do it so perhaps they can offer you some suggestions. I bet once you make it a habit your body will just kinda used to it.

Summerfawn - Great job staying away from that candy! Your body will thank you! Well done!

Quote:
By Diana - Lauren Great job on your new low! I am having problems keeping up with things this week. You should see my desk. Can you identify any particular changes you have made that could have contributed to the weight loss?
Diana - Honestly no, I can't really identify what has changed. The only thing I contribute my weight loss too is that mini break I took a couple of weeks ago, since then I have been losing. I guess what must have happened is I hit a plateau and just took that little break at the right time to make it past that plateau.

dallas - Hmmmm I steam my bok choy for about 5mins roughly and I never find it is too chewy, which kind are you using?? The baby or the shanghai?? (the baby is light green coloured and the shanghai is dark green coloured). I use the baby boy choy, I like the taste of it better. After I steam it I drizzle with a little Braggs and maybe add some hot sauce and it it is sooo yummy, quick, easy and healthy!

Mama - Hi and Thanks That's awesome that your blood tests came back bery close to normal! Great job and keep it up!

Shells - Thanks I hope you feel better soon

Krampus - HaHa! "Banana split from heaven!" Sometimes we just need to treats ourselves eh. Re-focus and get back to it

Last edited by L R K; 10-14-2010 at 09:19 AM.
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:25 AM   #479  
CanadianVeggie

Hi Everyone

Perhaps you have noticed my ticker ...... Yes, that's right, got on the scale this morning and another new low! 191.8lbs!!!! YAY!

Couldn't be happier

So last night we did end up eating at home. I had 1/2 a veggie burger on a small whole wheat bun w/ 1 slice facon (fake bacon), grilled onions, tomato, veganiase, chipotle sauce and ketchup. On the side homemade kale chips. Yum Yum!

Here is what my day looks like Thus 10/14/2010

B - 1/2 cup oatmeal w/ natural peanut butter and chopped banana

S - Homemade kale chips

L - Sweet potato and lentil stew on brown rice + carrot sticks

S - 1 Apple + 5 triscuits

D - We are going out for dinner tonight - not sure where yet.

Drinking: At least 2 cups green tea + 2L water

It is raining AGAIN! So no exercise.

Have a happy, healthy and OP day
Old 10-14-2010, 09:28 AM   #480  
CanadianVeggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Lauren Great job on your new low! I am having problems keeping up with things this week. You should see my desk. Can you identify any particular changes you have made that could have contributed to the weight loss?
I just thought of something! I'm not sure if you noticed but I have cut down on pop. I used to have maybe 1 diet pepsi a day now I have 1 maybe every 4 days. That could def. be it, cutting out some of the sodium out.

Last edited by L R K; 10-14-2010 at 12:15 PM.