Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 03:23 PM   #691  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Dallas We eat wherever the mood strikes, mostly Mom and Pop restaurants, sometimes it's a big chain. We prefer the Mom and Pop restaurants, though. They tend to have a better quality of food and service. I try to order lean protein grilled and steamed veggies. I stay away from starchy carbs. If we go to a chain restaurant, I will take advantage of their online nutritional calculators.

Last edited by Diana3271; 09-24-2010 at 03:24 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:29 PM   #692  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

{wrong quote!}

What a wonderful story. How sweet of that young man to take the time to call you and show he cared. I'm sorry for the loss of your sister. What a wonderful way to remember her.

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 09-25-2010 at 10:35 AM.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:58 PM   #693  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Kris: Very beautiful story. Even better that it's true. I'm sorry about your sister. I lost my sister in 2004 from an overdose of pills and alcohol. It's hard losing someone you love.

Roxanne
Old 09-24-2010, 08:11 PM   #694  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone! I hope you have a great weekend!

Blueridge Did you get your workout in?

Raven Great job on your 1.9 pounds. That's awesome! Like Dallas said, you are so close to Onederland!

Vixsin The garlic shrimp sounds good, too.

Ebenz Did you get your walk in, after all?

Roxanne Great job on your .6. Have fun at the fair tomorrow.

Total Approx 1585 + Morning Joe

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 cal
Handful of spinach
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 cal
high fiber English muffin 100 cal
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch: (320 calories)
Earth Grains 100% Whole Wheat Thin Buns 100 Calories
1 slice Reduced fat cheese 60
2 slices Hormel Natural Choice Cooked Ham 30 Calories
Romaine Lettuce Leaves
Grey Poupon Mild and Creamy Mustard 0 Calories
Snack Pack of Sliced Apples 40 Calories
Oikos Yogurt 90 Calories

Dinner (900 Calories)
Grilled Salmon fillet 500 calories
Grilled asparagus 100 calories
Sauteed spinach 100 calories
artisan bread w/butter 200 calories

Exercise:
~The Firm Lower Body Sculpt I (with Fitstix & Fanny Lifter)
~TF Fire 45 EZ
Old 09-24-2010, 09:20 PM   #695  

I have been having a terrible time with weight. Put on a bunch and am miserable. Don't know how much I weigh as don't want to weigh today but will Monday. I did a little exercise today, very little but it all counts, ate french fries and fried fish, carrot juice, spinach salad with barley, olives (black), grape tomatoes and peppercorn dressing. Had a Venti Starbucks frappachino this morning. That might be it but that is enough. That's it for tonight. Am going to try to stay with this thread as I need some accountability. I am not doing one thing right lately with food, eating and all that.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:36 PM   #696  
Dog Lover

S/C/G: H:226/215/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

blueridge: Yes! Love is wonderful! Glad you had a great night's rest

patchwork: Glad you're going to have fun with your sis in town!

vixsin: Your garlic shrimp has my mouth watering, lol. The great thing about shrimp is that not only is it tasty, but very low cal too! Hope you had fun on the elliptical. I keep a small tv right in front of my elliptical so it can distract me from counting down every second until I'm done, lol! Exercise is such a chore for me

ebenz: One night without a walk won't hurt ya too bad- enjoy your night out and just walk a little extra tomorrow.

roxanne: So sorry to hear about your recent loss Times like this are tough; just do the best you can diet-wise and don't beat yourself up about it during a time like this. You can get right back on track when you're feeling better

lauren, diana, dallas: Thanks for the support, guys!

grabec: I know for me, eating the small meals/snacks frequently reeeeeally has helped me out. Your metabolism stabilizes and you're less likely to be starving and then go on an eating binge. Your spinach salad sounds yummy

Since I'm so determined to hit Onederland over the next couple of days, I have been very good today I've stopped counting calories because on my HMR diet program, the mantra is "More is Better". As long as it's "in the box", meaning HMR shakes & entrees, you can have as much as you want. It's hard to get that through my thick skull because I may be starving and think "no, I shouldn't drink another shake- I don't want the extra calories!". The way this plan works is by keeping your metabolism stable. And if your stomach is growling, then your body NEEDS food or it's going to go into starvation mode which means your metabolism has stopped. So, I'm going to try it like they keep telling me and see how it works.

Tomorrow will be a hard day for me. Why? My church is having a Quesadillia supper...ughhh. I have to be there because our drama team will be performing, but man, is it going to be tough resisting chips and salsa, etc. I'm going to need lots of strength tomorrow, ladies lol

Question: does anyone else get a "stitch" in their side when you work out? I don't know the technical term, lol. But for the past few days, I get one under my right ribcage right after I start walking. I thought it was my sportsbra, but today I wore a different one and it happened. It can be painful, but I keep on walking and eventually it goes away. Any thoughts?

Here was my day:
Chocolate Pudding Shake
Chicken Creole entree
Vanilla Shake
Savory chicken entree
Chocolate Shake
Chocolate Coconut shake

PA: 45 minute walk outside and 15 minutes on elliptical
Old 09-25-2010, 07:04 AM   #697  
Trying to live below 200

Grabec Hi and Welcome! Today is a new day. Make small changes here and there. It will pay off for you.

Raven I hope you hit Onederland this weekend! Sending you some to get through the Quesadillia supper. You can do it!
Old 09-25-2010, 09:18 AM   #698  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 187/175/150

Hello everyone, just checking in!
its been a crazy week, i will try to log my foods this evening, but dh is having a party 4 me tonight so not to sure if i can get back on here. if not ill be back tomorrow, changed official weigh in day to day. down 2 lbs!
Old 09-25-2010, 09:43 AM   #699  

Grabec: What is a Venti starbucks?

Raven: I feel for you. Sometimes it is so hard to resist things. But I know you can be strong. Just keep thinking of that 1

Nicole: WooHoo!! Congrats!

Well, I hopped on the scale for another .2 loss!!!! Last night before I went to bed, I REALLY wanted another piece of the brisket before bed. However, I knew I wasn't really hungry so I resisted. I am now so glad I did.

I only managed about 28 ounces of water yesterday. But that is more than I wanted. I was perfectly content stopping at 16. I forced myself to drink more.

We are going to eat a late and large breakfast this morning before we go to the fair because we are going to eat lunch pretty late as well so I am making breakfast burritos. I'm making them with ground turkey, using low fat ingredients, whole wheat tortilla and yet I am appalled at the amount of calories that one takes up!

Here is the plan for the day...sort of

B: Breakfast Burrito: .25c ground turkey, .5c eggs, .25c low fat cheese, 2T greek yogurt, .25c homemade salsa, .5c cubed red potatoes, whole wheat tortilla

L: Fair food
1200 (I'll adjust it when we are done but I want to make some better than normal choices today)

D: Garden salad with no calorie dressing

Approximate total:

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Roxanne
Started my journey on 9/8/2010
1st mini goal: No binging for a month started 9/13
2nd mini goal: 10% loss
3rd mini goal: Walk the beagles every day for a month started 9/14

For every 5lbs lost:

Last edited by roxannestags; 09-25-2010 at 09:46 AM.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:31 AM   #700  
Dog Lover

S/C/G: H:226/215/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

I'm in ONEDERLAND!!!

I almost cried on the scale when I saw the 199.6. I haven't been this small in almost 3 years of struggling. I never want to see that 2 again. Talk about motivation, lol!

Thanks for the support you guys! BBL for personals, but hope you guys have an awesome weekend
Old 09-25-2010, 11:22 AM   #701  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenjeh View Post
I'm in ONEDERLAND!!!
Raven That's great news! Congratulations on a job well done!
Old 09-25-2010, 12:48 PM   #702  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenjeh View Post
I'm in ONEDERLAND!!!
Congratulations! That's awesome!
Old 09-25-2010, 12:53 PM   #703  

RAVEN!!!!! That is so FANTASTIC!!!!! I am so excited for you!!!!
Old 09-25-2010, 01:47 PM   #704  

S/C/G: 265/265/160

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations Raven! Seeing your success is helping keep me focused!
Old 09-25-2010, 02:21 PM   #705  

S/C/G: 182/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Shell - sorry about your kids being ill, hope they're doing better

Diana, Fashin, Roxanne, Lauren - thanks for the positive comments about the gym, I'm happy to be back and on track again

Lauren - yum...Your post made me hungry again, the restaurant sounds amazing! And I agree, I love autumn, I love the smell (that probably sounds strange but do you get what I mean?)

Roxanne - I hate TOM too, I feel your pain! Water weight usually sticks with me for the first few days...I'm usually back to normal (as normal as I get) two days or so after I'm finished...
Even if you feel as though your exercise isnt great, I think 20 minutes is better than 0 minutes! Maybe increase to 30 mins for the same frequency (3x week) and then maybe an hour...? I think everything you're doing seems right, it's probably just a time thing, don't give up

Blue - dont forget stress burns calories, its not as fun as the gym or whatever but I wouldnt worry about skipping your workout. You have to look after your mind as well as your body Love is awesome...

Cindie - woop! Well done

Vixsin - thanks, I have been missing it loads Let us know how the gym goes

Love - aw glad you're back to your walking...it always chills me out about food if I can burn off some of the stress Make sure you're eating enough, we want you safe

Fashin - well done on managing the situation with the cookies...its nice to feel in control, innit?

Diana - I think the yoghurt is a good plan...especially if it fills you up

Mama P - Hi! How you doing?

Dallas - aw pick yourself up, dust yourself off, look forward...you can do it!

raven - Hiya Onederland here you are!!! Congrats on the loss babe, you deserve it. A stitch I think is because of the weight of an organ pulling on the tissues between the organs. Thats why if you eat and run it's on one side and if you don't eat its on the liver side, as the liver is heavy (this is my interpretation)...the fitter I get the less stitches I get because my core muscles get better

penguin - relaxation...have a nice some of it

ebenz - I think saving calories is sensible, I do that for nights out

grabec - welcome keep your chin up hun x

nicole - have a nice party x

As for me, so happy to be back on track with the exercise. Did 600cals on Weds, as you know and 700 on Friday. My new aim is to go at least every other day, if not more. The rule is, no more than 1 day off in a row, so the minimum I will go is 7 time a fortnight. I can do as many days in a row at the gym as I want but still no more than one day off (if that makes sense to you you get a sticker!)

Food wise, plodding on with as few cals as poss (min 1200 if I can)...and going for a bike ride (pretty intense) tomorrow in Dalby Forest (lots of mus, roots, hills, falling off and more mud)...

Hope everyone's ok, have a happy Saturday and I'll be back on Monday

xxxxx
Closed Thread