Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-14-2010, 12:14 AM   #151  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post

Nicole Can you look up the calories online from particular brand that you bought? I looked at daily plate and the average is 2 slices is 80 calories.
I can't because it was from a butcher, but I've seen similar counts before. I guess I've always been a little confused as to whether the full long slice is a "slice" or if half of one is. I've always broken the long strips of bacon in half to cook. I tried looking at it from an ounces perspective, as I wasn't sure, but it said the 2 slices were 380 calories. I don't think that's right! They were about 2 inches long, LOL. So I'm assuming the ounces meant post-cooking? I don't know why, but bacon has always given me trouble.
ValentineNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:25 AM   #152  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Nicole I guess thickness of the bacon also plays a part in it, too. The butcher may cut it thicker than normal. There is an option on Daily Plate for slab bacon. Is that the same?
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:36 AM   #153  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi All

Here is my 4/14/2010

B - 3/4 cup Bean flakes with 1/2 cup skim milk + 12 small strawberries + 3oz light chedder cheese

S - 6 carrot sticks + 1 banana

L - 1/3 cup whole wheat pasta with 1 small can of tomato and onion flavoured tuna mixed in + 1 cup snow peas spinkled with a little salt

S - Kashi Granola Bar

D - Miso glazed salmon + 2 green beans + 1 portion of ice-cream

Drinking: 1 morning coffee + 2L water throughout the day (some with green tea) + 1 diet pepsi

Exercise: 15mins on the elliptical + 15 mins weights + brisk walk with the dog

Have a happy, healthy and OP day
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:06 AM   #154  
I am losing it!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6.1

Hi everybody! I don't know "proper forum etiquette" so I hope I am doing this right, just jumping in and posting each day my food/exercise....

4-13

B- Bran cereal & oatmeal mix, tea, 2 egg whites
L- 1/2 c raspberries & Kashi microwave meal
S- celery & PB
D- EAT OUT: chips & salsa, 1/2 the serving of rice & beans, 1/2 chimi, water
S- homemade cinnamon roll (why the **** did I bring those in from the deep freeze this morning???)

Did two exercise videos off DVR- Shimmy - belly dancing + some yoga

While I was dancing with the BD video my 6 year old walks through the living room and says: "WHO knows how to "tuck the pelvis" cuz I sure don't." and kept walking through!! That CRACKED ME UP!!! (He has the best one-liners!! Future comedian??)

Long walk with the family.

Ped at the end of the day was 6500ish damn, I really want to get up to 8-10
Veil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:38 AM   #155  

Veil - welcome. no etiquette necessary, you post looks great. Funny story re your 6 year old and tucking the pelvis...it IS kind of a silly phrase when you think about it...

Valentine - in order to maintain the low-carb w/out breaking the bank, how do you like beans and nuts? I eat a lot of walnuts and almonds, which are good protein and filling and fairly cheap (at least, cheaper than organic steak!) And beans/legumes are sort of carbs, but they are low Glycemic Index and don't really 'act' like carbs in your body, you know? And they are wicked cheap - either the dry ones that you boil, or canned ones (as long as they don't have too much added sodium. Also, how do you like turkey bacon? It's a lower fat alternative, if you like the taste.

Thanks for your encouragement everybody. And good news - the scale said 202 today! Yeehah! I am making my way down. Staying on track - was tempted by some cookies, but remembered my no-sweet rule, and plus, I was watching the Biggest Loser, and who can cheat on their diet while watching the Biggest loser, you know? Planning an afternoon run. Added some sweet potato puree (maybe 1/4 cup) to my oatmeal and walnuts this morning which was delish - I'll have to do that again. I think of sweet potatoes as the ultimate fuel for workouts - best run of my life came after eating a lunch of sweet potatoes, black beans and veggies.

Okay, have a great, OP day all!
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:08 AM   #156  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Veil Hi and Welcome! Blueridgegirl was right on. Great job on your first post. Yes, it sounds like you have a future comedian on your hands.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:19 AM   #157  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueridgegirl View Post
Valentine - in order to maintain the low-carb w/out breaking the bank, how do you like beans and nuts? I eat a lot of walnuts and almonds, which are good protein and filling and fairly cheap (at least, cheaper than organic steak!) And beans/legumes are sort of carbs, but they are low Glycemic Index and don't really 'act' like carbs in your body, you know? And they are wicked cheap - either the dry ones that you boil, or canned ones (as long as they don't have too much added sodium. Also, how do you like turkey bacon? It's a lower fat alternative, if you like the taste.

Those are some great ideas; thanks! I love beans. Nuts give me allergen reactions, so I avoid them, but I'm actually considering seeing an allergist to find out exactly what it is I'm allergic to. I may find out that it's only almonds or peanuts. For now I avoid everything, due to some weird reactions while eating mixed nuts or nut oils. I'm also thinking some lean ground beef could work well.

As for turkey bacon, I LOVE it. I don't know if my butcher carries it, but it would be worth looking into at either Whole Foods or Trader Joes next time I head out downtown. That's a great idea! I almost forgot about that - I used to eat it all the time as a kid (back when I wouldn't touch regular bacon with a stick, LOL)
ValentineNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:02 PM   #158  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Nicole - bacon is about 300-380 calories for two slices. At least for ALL the pre-packeged bacon I have ever seen. But two slices would be the long slices like you get out of a package. All I eat is turkey bacon, two slices in 70 calories. There is seriously a 300 calorie difference between most of the bacon I look at. The odd package might be around 290 - but still. I usually pick it up, scream, put it down and buy turkey bacon.

There are a lots of foods that are lower in calorie that I don't buy because they are more expensive. There are a lot of foods I buy at costco because they are cheaper but not the lower calorie version - I just suck it up because I save so much money. Turkey bacon is about the ONLY food I will spend the money on because the calorie difference is so huge.

Last edited by sotypical; 04-14-2010 at 12:03 PM.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:07 PM   #159  
CanadianVeggie

Welcome to the thread Veil

kids really do say the darndest things

Last edited by L R K; 04-14-2010 at 12:13 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:09 PM   #160  
CanadianVeggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotypical View Post
I usually pick it up, scream, put it down and buy turkey bacon.
I do this almost everytime too - then I buy chicken bacon

Last edited by L R K; 04-14-2010 at 12:09 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:11 PM   #161  
CanadianVeggie

blueridgegirl - well done on avoiding those cookies!!!
Old 04-14-2010, 12:13 PM   #162  
Starting Fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenA View Post
I do this almost everytime too - then I buy chicken bacon
I like the chicken bacon too! I usually try and get my turkey bacon at walmart, it's at least a dollar cheaper. And our walmart sucks, it's not one of those food ones so it's turkey bacon or nothing! But the chicken bacon is even less calories!
Old 04-14-2010, 12:17 PM   #163  
Starting Fresh

Going to the mall tonight with a friend. Need some black flats or something. Probably will eat there, hoping I can stick to my subway plan.

Snack: 103 calories
orange
ice coffee w/ 1/2 cup skim milk

Breakfast: 368 calories
english muffin w/ laughing cow and baked falafels
yogurt

Lunch: 410 calories
1/2 can spicy beans
1/2 mini turkey/beef meatloaf
2 cups salad mix

Snack: 78 calories
hard boiled egg

Dinner: 320 calories
subway 6" roasted chicken
diet pepsi

Total: 1280 (do have a bit of room if I want something else)

Exercise: 40 min e. bike, went hard again today

Last edited by sotypical; 04-14-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:19 PM   #164  
I am losing it!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6.1

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome. You gals are comedians too! I love the sotypical quote about picking up bacon and screaming! Oh, and Lauren's quote about if your doggie is fat! I have a fat cat, wonder what that means? LOL! I'll be back tomorrow to post again. YAY for 3FC!! So glad I found this site & joined.
Veil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:20 PM   #165  
Starting Fresh

D'oh. I got so caught up in the bacon thing. Welcome Veil!!