Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-09-2010, 12:25 PM   #91  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Lauren, yes, it was my first time. I sweated buckets and was a little sore/stiff last night, but today it's not so bad. I liked it, for the most part. I only have a 14-day free pass to the Y so I'm gonna squeeze in as many classes as I can during that time. This morning I went for Cardio Kickboxing - only was able to do 20 minutes, but that's okay. I started the day with a very low blood sugar so I know that affected me. I will probably buy a Zumba workout DVD after my 14 days are up.
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:54 PM   #92  

So it's mini-confession time for me. Not that I did badly yesterday, just that I wasn't as on track as I wanted to be, and hey, that is what daily accountability is all about, right?

Lunch was good, and I had a Luna bar for a snack at 3, but then got had two chocolate chip cookies at an afternoon meeting. (Realizing meetings with refreshments are problematic...) They weren't huge, but probably that was at least 200 extra calories. Had a healthy dinner and reasonable portion, but after dinner was making egg salad and decided to try some with a few triscuits, which probably turned into about 12 triscuits. Then a handful of chocolate chips because I wanted something sweet - not a lot, one mouthful, but again, extra calories. Then had a glass of red wine with my sweetie - I allow myself a glass a week but with the extra calories I'd already had it wasn't the right day for it. So, needless to say, no 202 on the scale today.

But today has been good - usual breakfast of oatmeal and almonds and fruit, luna bar for morning snack, and healthy lunch with a big salad. Plenty of water, too. I've got a 3.5 mile run planned for this afternoon. I'm going out to eat tonight for a friend's birthday - to a buffet restaurant. Not what I would pick, but it's not my birthday. Publicly announcing my plan: one plate, with veggies and lean protein (chicken or fish), nothing fried, and one service of starch (1 piece of bread, or 1 scoop of pasta, etc) - really want to limit the carbs because I am sure they will be processed and not whole grains. And one small dessert - probably a dish of soft serve ice cream.

And, since I just want to break on through to the other side and get into onederland (I've been so close for months now!), I am taking the step of saying no sweets (yes, no cookies at office meetings, no candy, no ice cream) after tonight's dessert until I see 199.5 on the scale. It is a little drastic, but hopefully will just take 2 or 3 weeks until I get to this mini-goal. My only exception is occasional 1-2 oz of dark chocolate after a meal if I am really craving something sweet.

Okay, this has already gone on longer than I meant, thanks for reading. Wish me luck at the buffet tonight and have a great weekend.
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:07 PM   #93  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

wanted to share that I got the bloodwork back from my recent physical and the Dr wrote 'Excellent!' across the bottom of the page. I suppose calling up Hubby and comparing our scores would be an unkind thing to do? Sigh. I think he hid his paperwork anyway.

Blueridge, we all have days where one snack leads to another, we can't be perfect, right? . Making a habit of it is the problem. You've already got things back under control!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:37 PM   #94  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone! I had a crazy hectic day. I'm so glad the weekend is here!

Total Calories Approx 1310 calories

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 cal
Handful of spinach
2% cheddar jack cheese 40 cal
high fiber english muffin 100 cal
1 teaspoon strawberry jam 20 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch: (320 calories)
EarthGrains 100% Whole Wheat Thin Buns 100 Calories
1 slice Reduced fat colby jack cheese 60
4 slices Hormel Natural Choice Cooked Ham 60 Calories
Romaine Lettuce Leaves
Thinnest swipe of mayo
Pringles 100 calories

Dinner (625 calories)
Grilled Chicken Dijon with Portabello's 550 calories
1 bite size Russell Stover pecan delight 75 calories

Exercise
~TJ Punch Kick & Jam
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:10 PM   #95  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

So hard not to go off-plan today! I was really in the mood for snack stuff while my roommates, boyfriend and I were watching a basketball game. I came really close to giving into the chips, dip and Smirnoff, but I resisted!

Breakfast:
Rice Krispies, skim milk [250] (I should probably start eating better cereal, but I LOVE my RKs in the morning!)
Latte with 2% [~150]

Lunch:
Rice and beans [200]
2 small tortillas [200]
Apple slices [60]

Dinner:
Green salad with avocado, mushroom, tomato, 2 tbsp. light ranch and shredded cheese [250]
Dessert:
Smart Ones cookie sundae [170]

Snacks (spread throughout the day):
Popcorn mini bag [160]
Yogurt-covered pretzels [100]
Banana [105]

Total: 1645

Last edited by ParadiseFalls; 04-09-2010 at 10:11 PM.
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:42 PM   #96  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

menu 4-9-2010

slept through breakfast, LOL

1/2 tunafish sand 158
cottage cheese 120
fruit 100
1.5 c milk 150
=528

slice pumpernickel bread 90
2 TB Port Wine cheese 90
=180

1/2 banana 50
fiber bar 160
=210

Pei Wei Caramel Chicken {stock velveted = cooked in veg oil 370
3 fortune cookes 90
=460

popcorn =100

Total = 1,478

Exercise,
40 min Kettlebell
Ped = 2,378 Ouch pretty low.

Weight,
219.0 no change

Paradise, I have trouble watching cooking shows because I want to eat something. anything. Also reading, when the character eats I want to eat, too.

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 04-09-2010 at 11:44 PM.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 01:34 AM   #97  
It's about time

patchworkpenguin, me too! I'm the person the marketing reps are thinking of when they write the commercials for pizza, ice cream, etc.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:42 AM   #98  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

4-9-10 check in

80+ ounces water
20 minutes cardio kickboxing

Pre-Breakfast (low blood sugar)
Special K Fruit Crisps
1 tblsp peanut butter

Breakfast
Steel Cut Oatmeal with sf peaches

Lunch:
Hamburger (no bun)
Spinach
Dannon Light & Fit Yogurt

Snack:
12 Frosted Mini-wheats
2 dove miniatures (another low blood sugar)

Dinner - got home to really eat much:
3 slices ham (deli ham - sliced thin)
3 blackberries

Approximately 1250 calories.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:55 AM   #99  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaP View Post
20 minutes cardio kickboxing
Kris Did you workout to a video or was it a class?
Old 04-10-2010, 10:12 AM   #100  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

Diana ~ I went to a class at the Y. It was supposed to be a 50-minute class, but I only lasted 20 minutes before I got frustrated and left. I had started the day (about 40 minutes before the class started) with a blood sugar in the 50's and I was still a little shaky and "foggy" and was just not getting the moves. I am going to try again next week. I think it could be fun. Of course I was the only overweight person in the class and the only one in sweatpants and a t-shirt instead of a cute little workout outfit. I won't be able to afford to join the Y after my free 14 days so am kind of trying different things out to see if I want to get DVD's for home use.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:52 AM   #101  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaP View Post
Diana ~ I went to a class at the Y. It was supposed to be a 50-minute class, but I only lasted 20 minutes before I got frustrated and left. I had started the day (about 40 minutes before the class started) with a blood sugar in the 50's and I was still a little shaky and "foggy" and was just not getting the moves. I am going to try again next week. I think it could be fun. Of course I was the only overweight person in the class and the only one in sweatpants and a t-shirt instead of a cute little workout outfit. I won't be able to afford to join the Y after my free 14 days so am kind of trying different things out to see if I want to get DVD's for home use.
That's totally understandable with your sugar being low. Ha! Don't let being overweight or your outfit stop you . I'm not going to a gym now because I use DVD's and they work with my schedule better. I was always the heaviest person when I took classes. I did stay in the back though because I tend to be clumsy. I don't exactly want to fall down in front of everyone. Afterwards I would go out and use the machines right along with the guys/gals. In fact they were very supportative of me and would stop to make positive comments to me. Have you looked at any of the video clips on collagevideo.com, totalfitnessdvds.com, or exercise tv? Do you have cable tv? Most cable companies have free workouts in their free ondemand section.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:17 AM   #102  
Health&Beauty Writer

S/C/G: 255/224/165

Hi! This is my first post on here. My goal this week is to lose 3 pounds. I had lost from 255 to 227.2 when I started Weight Watchers. I just finished my first week there and had lost 3.2 pounds. At my age, and the fact that I've already lost so much and I am disabled so my movement is pretty limited, that's terrific!

My goal is to lose another 3 pounds this week, but 2 will do!

My motto is: 2010 will see me thin!!! You can borrow it! Linda
adivagurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:52 AM   #103  
Trying to live below 200

Adivagurl Hi and Welcome! It does sound like you have done a great job! Congratulations!
Old 04-10-2010, 02:00 PM   #104  
It's about time

Haha...didn't stick to the plan at all. Not too much damage, though, especially when you compare it to my old Saturdays, with Chili's or Applebees, a couple of margaritas, a pint of ice cream, chips, etc.

Morning exercise: Biggest Loser Cardio Blast (only made it through 10 minutes )

Breakfast:
Granola cereal and 2% milk [330]
Lunch:
Rice with pinto beans, corn, peppers, cheese and tomato [320]

(Planned)

Snack:
Apple and banana slices [150]

Dinner:
tortilla chips with shredded cheddar, black beans (NOT refried), sour cream, tomato, romaine lettuce and avocado slices [800-1000??]

Total: 1600-1800. My portion of the nachos wasn't that big, and it wasn't slathered with cheese like most nacho dishes are, but I'm guessing 800-1000 to be safe.

Last edited by ParadiseFalls; 04-10-2010 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Updating what I ACTUALLY ate today
Old 04-10-2010, 05:16 PM   #105  

Okay, just popping in to report that I did well at the buffet last night. Stuck to my plan and had one plate of food: grilled salmon, steamed veggies, a bit of sweet potatoes, and my carby thing which was this cheddar garlic biscuit which was really rich. I could've eaten about five, and I ate two minus a bit, which felt good. As planned, had a bit of soft serve ice cream for dessert, topped with chopped peanuts, and just water to drink. Of course everyone else I was there with had about four plates and loaded up on desserts. Plus I had this after a nice 45 minute afternoon run, so I know I had revved up my metabolism. Sort of feels like surviving walking through a mine field with all the sweets and fried stuff and meats and pasta and...you get the picture!

Going to go make something veggie-based for dinner and then head to the gym to lift.

adivagurl - hi and welcome!

Great job everyone - enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Doing well today - whole wheat toast with scrambled eggs and 1/2 of a chicken sausage for breakfast, and a smoothie (banana, yogurt, skim milk, almond butter, walnuts, and a bit of unsweetened cocoa powder) for lunch. I love that smoothie - very filling. I made a lot and only drank half and have the other half in the fridge for breakfast tomorrow. Got to be careful about portion size on that one with the nuts and nut butter.
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote