Old 02-25-2009, 11:16 PM   #91  
Losing it every day...

S/C/G: 303.8/ticker/155

Height: 5'7

Urthworm!!! just read your post. Congratulations- this is fantastic news!
twish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:23 AM   #92  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

Veggie Vixens is cute for Team 2.

Fav snacks? Man, I wish that nuts worked on curbing my appetite but they do not! I could eat a whole container of nuts and still want more food. I like to eat clementines (30 cals) and giant carrots (30 cal). I find actually that sweetness helps me feel satisfied for awhile and if I have two, no big thing. The carrots take me forever to eat and peel so that keeps me occupied for awhile.
joyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:29 AM   #93  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

GOOD MORNING ALL

OK TEAMS
IF YOU COULD GIVE ME YOUR TEAM NAME VOTE WITH YOUR WEIGH IN TOMORROW, THAT'D BE PERFECT! MAJORITY WILL RULE

Ideas I've seen so far per team:
TEAM 1: Seitan Sweetie's, Veggie Warriors, Sexy Strawberries

TEAM 2: Steam Team, Veggie Vixens, virtual veggies

TEAM 3: Shape Shifters, Zucchini Bikini Babes

Darby- I did have Cabbage Wraps last night.. mmm.. it was Kashi 7 grain pilaf rice w/teriyaki & mushrooms in a cabbage wrap.

JustHave2Try- Good jobn getting to the gym!

HaleyGirl- How do you like kickboxing? I really want to try it but am scared it will be too hard!

ChickPea- Dang girl! I bet you are sore!! Glad we're both dealing with trechorous TOM! He's so sneaky lol

UrthWorm- Great job!!! Haha sorry I gave you cravings but at least it's a healthy one lol Oh and Happy Anniversary!!

Twish- Awesome on trying to stick to organics Amy's stuff is really good. My snacks would be spicy backed chickpeas, fruit, salad, cheerios dry.

Reminder of who your team is
TEAM 1:
-Jasmine -Kierr -FatChickBGone -Darby1 -HaleyGirl

TEAM 2:
-Twish -Joyra -JackieRN -IrisWhispers -Justhave2Try -LentilBEan

TEAM 3:
-JillNicole -Quillie -Xinkemom -ErinMagill -Urthworm -Chickpea

Last edited by jillnicole03; 02-26-2009 at 09:05 AM.
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:04 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 270/209/170

Height: 5ft 7

Wow! Im completely slacking on coming online and being an active member of my team! Ok, I`m officially checking in everyday! Its actually another proud reason in my life that I havent been on often....Last week my 7 month old son started pulling himself up on the couch and on the table and on the step stool and on anything he can get his hands on. Then he started walking along the furniture and then he strated trying to walk away from it!! Hes 7 months old and trying to walk! This is really awesome, but it use to be that I could put him on the floor and check in here and not think too much about it, but now I need my eyes on him constantly, and I need to constantly console his booboos everytime he forgets that hes too little to walk. And then theres the frantically crawling after the cat and getting scratched or trying to eat his food....wow...he got so active so fast!
BUT, Im figuring it out and I promise to not let the team down! This team thing has already been great motivation for me and Im excited for weigh in. February was a bad month for me but Ive kicked my own butt and decided that Im being good. No more vegan chocolate pudding! (Id share the recipe with you guys but its really not good for you...)
Anyway, I love either name for team 3 Or, we could beat up all the members of team 2 and steal veggie vixens because that one is awesome!
erinmagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:42 PM   #95  
Progress not perfection

lol I do also like Veggie Vixens, but we do no tbeat up we motivate! haha Congrats on your son, how cute and wonderful!
Old 02-26-2009, 01:35 PM   #96  
Fighting to be Fit

Height: 5'3.5" Age: 22

Wink

Good morning Veggie Teams!!

Thanks for all the congrats & support for my mini victory. It was unfortunately right after my mid-morning weigh in that I discovered the trouble that was truly brewing on the horizon: TOM had hit. Now I feel like I have to work extra hard to stay on top of myself. I've been doing good so far, but then again, it's only been a day. Still time to F*up. The best thing I can do for myself right now though is just fight my way through it, one work out at a time. I refuse to venture back into the 190's!

Chickpea & Haleygirl, nice going with the kickboxing! Great way to stay active. Speaking of kickboxing classes, I just finished one last quarter. It was actually a lot of fun and a good workout. (Don't be afraid to try it Jillnicole, you might really like it!)

Twish, I applaud you on the food choices! Organic meals are definitely the way to go!!

Erin
, that must be so exciting!!! Sounds like you have your hands full with that one, but it must be great.

Just to throw some ideas out there for team names how about: Leafy Ladies, Gorgeous Green Girls (The GGG claims no relation or affiliation to that other organization with three simultaneous letters!) , Slimmin' Women... Lol they are all pretty random.
UrthWurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:43 PM   #97  
T&A's Mommy

S/C/G: 253/253/180

Height: 5'5"

Ok Team 2 hmmmm I really Like Veggie Vixens and The Steam Team hmmmm...I'll keep thinking...

Well after having a horrible weekend that I have been complaining about and I went to the gym yesterday and I am EXTREMELY PROUD of myself I did the stair master for 1 full hour!!! Man was I burning up But I left the gym with a HUGE smile on my face!!!!

Okay Team 2 let's do this!!!!
Jushave2try is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:06 PM   #98  
Progress not perfection

Justhave2Try way to go!! Keep up the great gym work!!
Old 02-26-2009, 04:18 PM   #99  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

Jushave2try-awesome on the stair master!

UrthWurm-Congrats on getting out of the 190s!!

jillnicole03-I love kickboxing but for me it took some getting used to for the first couple of times but after that it's my favorite type of exercise...i use dvds by janis saffell www.janissaffel.com they have them on ebay too

i got 100 on my business law exam today so im happy about that and i did go to the gym at my school for 40 minutes
Haley8203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:06 PM   #100  
T&A's Mommy

Good job Haleygirl on your business law class!!!!
I too go to school and my major is Criminal Justice! Had a midterm last week and received the grade today and I got a 97; the class is Criminal Law and the Courts!

But I am excited you got to fit that work out on Great WORK!!!
Old 02-26-2009, 05:30 PM   #101  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

Jushave2try-That sounds like an interesting major, mine is accounting but i have to take business law for the degree program, that's an awesome grade as well, 97!
Haley8203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:16 PM   #102  
T&A's Mommy

Team 2: Twish, Joyra, JackieRN, IrisWhispers and LentilBEan

I hope all is going well with you all!!!
Tomorrow is weigh in and I hope to goodness I have shed something off !!!! I'm off to the gym maybe another 1 hr of the s.master !!!

p.s. My vote goes for the......STEAM TEAM!
Old 02-26-2009, 10:18 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

Jushave2try - an HOUR on the stairmaster? you rock!! I work part-time in a lab where the glassware is in the basement and the chemicals I need are on the 3rd floor so I am always running up and down, but I don't think I could do it for an hour straight!

haleygirl - congrats on your exam!

Twish - i love Amy's foods too, in fact I had one of her burritos for dinner tonight! =)

as far as snacks - for me i like to have things I can munch on for awhile, so high volume for low calories is important. Tonight I had an individual bag of popcorn that was 130 cals and I got to munch away for a good half hour. Perfect!

There must be something in the air, because I walked home and have been sneezing and sniffling ever since. Ugh, allergies.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:02 PM   #104  
Losing it every day...

S/C/G: 303.8/ticker/155

Thanks to everyone for the really good (and simple!) snack ideas.

As a warning to my team... I'm pretty sure I'm retaining water these last couple of days (PMS), so not sure I'll contribute much, if anything, to our tally..

Do we weigh-in tomorrow? Sunday?
twish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:22 AM   #105  
T&A's Mommy

hey Twish... I feel the same way b/c i too am pms'ing and I feel like crap
even after working out on the stair master for an hour!
I feel even worse b/c we gotta weigh in tomorrow (friday) Ugh....