UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2002, 03:04 AM   #16  
Phat Chick

I'm so sad, just got my ruler out and it measures approximately 3.5inches by 2.5inches.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VEGGIE

Old 03-07-2002, 03:05 AM   #17  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

What pink panther?? I tried to upload a pink panther and it disappeared!
Old 03-07-2002, 03:07 AM   #18  
Consistency + Balance

Could someone else try uploading a jpeg and then do another one and see if you get the same problems as me.
Old 03-07-2002, 03:08 AM   #19  
Consistency + Balance

Try again - can you see this one

(This is on 'edit') - I uploaded a small jpeg of the pink panther with bulgy eyes then I tried to get rid of that and upload a picture of tweety with a blue banket, it said it did it OK - but all I can see is the pink panther with bulgy eyes. What can everyone else see???

Last edited by Sarah Ann; 03-07-2002 at 03:12 AM.
Old 03-07-2002, 03:15 AM   #20  

i can see a rather startled looking tweety pie ....did you wake him up for the pic
Old 03-07-2002, 03:19 AM   #21  
Consistency + Balance

I'll try to upload the pink panther that I am seeing on my last post - this is very strange....
Old 03-07-2002, 03:19 AM   #22  

H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y V E G G I E
sarah just think in about 6 mnths -12 mths you wont be able to sit calmy and post at this time of day , youll be running mad trying to get kid organized for school , brekky, teeth, washed thats all if you can actually get them out of bed first
Old 03-07-2002, 03:24 AM   #23  

yes sarah the pink panther worked there
Old 03-07-2002, 03:36 AM   #24  
Consistency + Balance

Noooooooo - I have got it all planned - and I'm sure that the children will be EVER so good and follow the nice, orderly timetable I have got set out in my head - NOT!!!!!

I am really looking forward to it (although I am feeling a bit nervous after the talk from the experienced Foster Carer we had last night!!) Its strange how when the Social Workers tell us about the problems we will face, the problems seem fairly straight forward and easy to resolve - talking quietly to the child, listening to them, etc, etc - they have got an easy answer to everything. Then when, we get the experienced Foster Carers talking to us, they tell us the real truth about how hard behavioural problems can be - the 7 year old kid who smeared you-know-what all around the kitchen because he didn't like his dinner, the 9 year old kid who couldn't sleep on a bed because he had lived his life chained in a kennel and abused, who couldn't talk and sobbed uncontrollably when they talked to him because no one had ever talked to him before and he couldn't understand. GULP!!!

I will DEFINITELY be asking you lot for your advice - I hope you don't mind.
Old 03-07-2002, 03:45 AM   #25  

sarah if you make it through the training without thinking oh no way can i do this then you have what it takes to be a good forster parent, my friend is a foster parent she has a little boy and a little girl just now both supposedly short term but she has had them for over a year, what she said to me was that its easier fostering two of them because there is another child for them t interact with as she doesnt have any of her own kids at home now theyve all flown the nest(grudgingly lol) but when she just had the little boy he was a handful and a half but since the little girl came on the scene he does seem to be more receptive to the ways of a family
Old 03-07-2002, 03:54 AM   #26  

Thanks for birthday greetings all Ive been promosed a cake by dinner time even though I have toothache doh!

Sarah you are deffo seeing pics different from everyone else I think can you see this one????
Old 03-07-2002, 03:55 AM   #27  

Scary mary!!!! Thats me on kate beckinsales body done by someone at the yahoo group!!
Old 03-07-2002, 03:57 AM   #28  

Thats her hair too!!!!
Old 03-07-2002, 04:06 AM   #29  
Consistency + Balance

Bloomin' 'eck - thats amazing, Veggie! You really suit long hair. Sounds like you are slowly falling apart - toothache AND sore eyes!!!!!!

Flumper - we have decided to opt for what they call 'sibling groups' - families of 3, possibly 4 children rather than have all separate ones. We would prefer long term because it would be nice to work with the children and see the results of our work rather than only have them for a short while, but I expect that we will be more likely to get short term assignments. Unbelievably we have actually also opted to have severely traumatised children as well - mainly because the rest of our training group don't want to have them because they won't fit in with the rest of their families - and we don't have children living at home to be affected.

Shouldn't have opened our big mouths though - because we got a list through of extra training that Kevin and I will have to do - 8 additional evenings 6-9pm during April, May and part of June! The final summing up evening (the 'test') falls on my birthday.

Its amazing what you can fail the process on - I am worried about my medical and - possibly - Kevin's ex who will have to be interviewed.
Old 03-07-2002, 04:27 AM   #30  

Happy Birthday Veggie!

I would like Kate Beckinsale's body, her head and her bank account please!

I can see the pink panther, am I going mad?

Well done to everyone who has lost weight this week.

Chris, I read on another thread that you wanted to lose weight so you would stop falling over, I just read your post on here about falling when you took the dogs out. Now the earlier post makes sense!! I know what you mean though, I fell on the stairs over a week ago and I am still aching from that. I wouldn't be aching so much if 3 stones of excess blubber hadn't landed on me when I fell.

Carol, I think you mentioned before that you do Tae Bo. I was just wondering how you get on with it as I saw an informercial for Tae Bo videos on Sky last night and it looked pretty impressive. The people they showed working out actually looked like normal people and they were all sweaty!!
Closed Thread