UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 11:39 PM   #481  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Tracey and Brenda (and any other newbies I may have missed) -- welcome! I am way on the other side of the water but it's great having you here at 3FC. Jump right in anywhere... it's very friendly!!
Old 05-14-2006, 04:47 AM   #482  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Hello and to Brend and Tracey - and anyone else who is reading this wondering whether to join in or not.

Its lovely having new people posting - come and join us on the monthly chat thread or any of the other threads. We are all in the same boat (although some of us have further to go than others) so we all moan and groan about the same things and celebrate each others victories.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:50 AM   #483  

S/C/G: 224/224/196

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies gonna check out the other threads,

speak later

Brenda
Old 05-14-2006, 08:58 AM   #484  
Rose

Ok, I guess I jump in here.
I'm new to this forum, and I have about 7 stone to lose.
I was put on meds that caused a weight gain (boy is that the understatement of the year!) and I'm finding it really difficult to lose the extra weight. I started doing Weight Watchers at home alone in November 2005, but have only managed to lose a little over 1 stone.
I could use a buddy and all the help I can get!
Old 05-14-2006, 09:02 AM   #485  

Welcome to the forum spring chicky
Old 05-14-2006, 09:10 AM   #486  

Hi Spring... Great having you here... you'll find lots of support and encouragement!
Old 05-17-2006, 04:00 AM   #487  

S/C/G: 254/219/147

Long rambling introduction ahead!

I'm Stella, I'm 47, 5' 8" tall and now weigh 15st 9 lbs (I started out at 18st 4lbs in January), so I have a way to go, but I'm getting there.

I'm a Technical Writer and part-time Motorsports Journalist and live near Silverstone, in Northamptonshire.

I've always had problems with my weight, mostly for the very simple reason that while my diet is very healthy in terms of content, it hasn't been in terms of quantity.

10 years living and working abroad (in France, Belgium, Austria and the Netherlands) did nothing at all for my waistline (all those airline meals, restaurants and hotels were very enjoyable indeed, but I'm paying for them now). I moved back to the UK at the end of 2004 and decided that I really ought to do something about getting fitter/slimmer. It's taken a year for me to get my head to the right place to actually take action, and on January 16th this year I started my new regime. My resolve was bolstered by the practice nurse at my new GP's surgery, who has been checking my blood pressure and was threatening to put me on medication if it didn't start to improve. As of 17th March this year, she decided that it might not be necessary.

To my surprise, it's been plain sailing so far, though it still remains to be seen how easy it's going to be now the motor racing season has started for the category I'm involved with. Again, there's a lot of travelling and hotels, but I think I can make this work, so long as I keep up the training regime, and stick to counting calories properly. I hired a personal trainer to help me too, and have rediscovered my love of exercise, especially swimming. I've also (foolishly perhaps) recently taken up running.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:05 AM   #488  

Hi Stella, and welcome! You are off to a great start with the healthy quality of your diet... yah the quantity thing can be an adjustment! Glad you are here!!!
Old 05-21-2006, 02:25 PM   #489  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/ticker/147

Height: 5'7''

Hey i've been posting on a few forums but decided i want to join this one! Mostly cause everyone here seeems really nice and i've chatted to some people who live quite nearby!

I'm nearly 18 (but tend to get on with people older than myself!) , i'm 5'7 and now weigh 10 st 8 but my highest weight has been 12stone and my ideal weight would be 9 stone 11- even if it is a bit of a random number!
I hit my optimum weight whilst in secondary school because of a few bullies (who ironically also bullied me because of my weight) and problems at home.

I started going to weight watchers meetings at the start of the year and lost about a stone, which was good, but i was on the No Count menu plan which started to become kinda boring and i didn't really fancy doing the Full Points. I was starting to lose hope until looking at all the different threads and posts here, which actually really inspired me to keep going with my healthy eating plan, so thanks everyone!

ATM, i'm in Sixth form but will be going to Leeds Uni in September to study Spanish. My family life is kinda weird... my Dad and my little sister live in spain (don't ask...) My older sister is at Uni, and I live with my Mum at home. And my Mum and Dad are 'aparently' still together, but i have no idea how that works out! I have a lovely boyfriend who i've been with for a year and a half, he's really clever and is going to Oxford Uni to study law (how posh & imagine all the shoes i could buy with all his money hehehehe!)
THE END!

p.s sorry for babbling on
Old 06-17-2006, 10:18 AM   #490  
no regrets!

S/C/G: 300/300/196

Height: 5' 11"

Hey
Im Alexandra, 18, and from NE England. (near Newcastle to be more specific)

I weigh far too much (20st 4 lbs... i work in stones then have to convert constantly!)

I'm an out and proud lesbian (except my mother thinks I'm bi... ah well, she'll realise some day!) and a rock chick i guess- I love all things metal and rock- trivium, bullet for my valentine, satyricon, CoF, SOAD, and many many more.

I have unessesary crushes on Jessica Alba, Cristina Scabbia (of lacuna coil), Marta from bleeding through, and Kim from Sugar Rush (the tv show)

If anyone wants to know anything else, i'll happily tell them!
Old 06-17-2006, 11:16 AM   #491  

Welcome to the forum Alexandra
Old 06-17-2006, 11:33 AM   #492  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Hello and welcome!
Old 06-19-2006, 03:42 AM   #493  

Hello and welcome to the forum. I hope you find it helpful. We are a friendly lot.

Are you going to follow any particular diet plan or just on a reducing regime?
Old 06-21-2006, 02:22 PM   #494  

S/C/G: 170/163/126

Hi all,

I've been reading the forums for the past couple of days, but I thought I'd better pop in and introduce myself before contributing. So, hello! I'm Katie, 28, in Dublin, Ireland (hope you don't mind me barging into the UK forum!), and I'm a graphic designer and illustrator.

I've had a weight 'problem' for as long as I can remember: I can't think of a time when I wasn't battling with food. I've been yo-yoing between 11 and 12.5 stone for the past couple of years, which doesn't sound much, but is entirely unfabulous on a 5'1" frame, as my knees are starting to attest to. I tried WW, lost a stone and a half, and then it piled back on again with interest. So, I'm not following any particular diet--just healthy eating and an exercise regime, which I'm still figuring out as I go along (weights are looking slightly less scary now). I want to change my eating habits--lifestyle, in fact--and not think of this as a 'diet', you know? Thankfully, my splendiferous boyfriend and I are in this thing together, so we're acting as each-other's cheerleading squads. I just want to be healthy, fit, active, and able to wear what I want to (okay, I dress like a skater boy, but I'd like to dress like a skater GIRL sometimes, too).

Woah--that was cathartic.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:35 PM   #495  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Hi Katie, feel free to hang around here - no problems with barging into the UK forum, we have people from all over posting on here! I'm 28 too, and everyone's very friendly!
Closed Thread