UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 05:30 AM   #586  
gracey

S/C/G: 242/172/168

Height: 5ft 11

it is trying to train, too true.... LOL what a stupid saying lol
Old 10-27-2006, 06:29 AM   #587  

Canadian pear shape (so much nicer than "yo, you with the fat ***!") living in England. My butt, like the Universe, is expanding.

However, I did drop some weight in the Spring (put right back on again) so I know I can do it. I have a modest loss goal of 18 kg.

Now for the important stuff; is champagne fattening?
Old 10-28-2006, 10:56 AM   #588  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Merrysage

I don't think champagne is fattening as long as you drink it standing up.
Old 10-28-2006, 11:08 AM   #589  

Oh thanks! I'm too chicken to look it up, so I'll take your word for it.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:03 AM   #590  
Large One

S/C/G: 175/164/140

Height: 5'10''

Thumbs up Hi, I'm Rebecca

Hi, my name is Rebecca. I'm 15 (16 on the 29th) and I live in Northampton.

I've had a weight problem since I was 9 and started puberty (young, I know). I started to get my 'developed' body, but I also shot up ten inches in less than a year at the age of 10 and as a result strained my back and hamstrings, which caused me to put on weight. I was overweight by about 11and wasn't too happy about being the only pubescent one in my class at that time.
At 14 I started to eat a lot more healthily, having learnt about calories and how to lose weight properly. I changed my eating habits and went down from a BMI of 27 or 28 to 23, no longer being overweight by the time I was 15.
Now it's winter and I'm putting weight on. I'm depressed and going through difficult times. I feel really lethargic as I get barely any sleep due to having to wake up really early for my school, which is quite far away from where I live and the bus comes by early. Because of the lethargy, I eat more and when I get home from school I'm too exhausted to do any exercise.
Urgh. Anyway, I'm trying to turn it around and get down to my ultimate goal, 10 stone, 140lbs. That would look really good on me. Not skinny, but a greatly healthy weight and a nice slim look. I'm going for it!

I would look to make friends of any age from anywhere. I wouldn't mind talking to people on MSN messenger about weight loss.

I know how to lose weight correctly, I've done a lot of research (I do love my research) on weight loss and food, and I'm very sensible about what I eat and so I would never be able to be anorexic (and obviously would never want to).

Well, that's all. If you actually read all that, thank you very much!
Old 11-08-2006, 11:59 AM   #591  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome Rebecca,

You sound very mature for being 15, nearly 16. You sound like you know what you're doing, I'm sure you'll reach your goal.

Come in the monthly chat and tell us how your days are going, we're a lovely bunch of girlies (women), and Si drops in every now and then...we'll give you support anytime you need it.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:21 PM   #592  

S/C/G: 271/252.5/164

Height: 5'2"

Hi Rebecca and welcome

I think we may all be coming to you for advice as you seem very well researched in this area. Well done for looking at it very sensibly and being aware of what your boundaries should be regarding a healthy body.

It's a very friendly group and I'm sure you'll fit right in.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:11 PM   #593  

Hi Rebecca and welcome! You sound like a fantastic young woman.

Is it possible for you to go to school somewhere closer to home? Could your folks help you out with this?
Old 11-12-2006, 03:49 PM   #594  

S/C/G: 158/154/139

Height: 5'9"

.... Tracey. I'm 30 years old, a married mum of two boys aged 9 and 7. I'm a Travel Agent in the midlands.

I was always very slim as a teenager, until I had the kids, ending up at 12st after the birth of my second child. I managed to drop 7lbs and stayed that weight for about 5 years, hovering between a 14 and a 16. Just over two years ago, after a holiday in Greece where I managed to lose a few pounds (remote apartments, taught my eldest boy to swim, lots of good greek salads) I really got into the weight loss thing, managing to drop to 9 and a half stones in 4 months through lots of exercise and a strangely depleted appetite. My family were a bit worried that I'd got so thin and through the winter my appetite returned and I went back to 10 stones. By May, in Morocco for work I was 10 st 3 and by the time I'd returned from another family holiday in greece I was back to 10st 9. Since then I managed to get myself a much better paid job which is sadly during schooltime so I dont get as much chance to go on the long walks around town and my local park that helped so much before. So, here I am. Back to 11st and finding I'm buying a 14 again. I would really love to get back to just under ten st as I felt so much happier and comfortable in my skin back then.

I've managed to drop 4lbs in 4 weeks, but I think now I could do with a bit of companionship for the last stone as much husband is less than interested in supporting me in my efforts.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:03 PM   #595  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentQ View Post

I've managed to drop 4lbs in 4 weeks, but I think now I could do with a bit of companionship for the last stone as much husband is less than interested in supporting me in my efforts.
Hi Tracy. I'm also in the Midlands. Did your husband support your efforts before? If so, does he think perhaps you look great as you are?
Old 11-12-2006, 04:07 PM   #596  

TBH, I could paint myself purple and dance naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?"* and he wouldn't notice what I look like.

He didnt really pay a blind bit of notice last time either.

(*with thanks to Blackadder)
Old 11-12-2006, 04:12 PM   #597  

Quote:
TBH, I could paint myself purple and dance naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?"* and he wouldn't notice what I look like.

He didnt really pay a blind bit of notice last time either.

(*with thanks to Blackadder)
He doesnt notice what you look like. Does that mean you feel he's indifferent to you as a person or he's just not one for compliments?
Old 11-12-2006, 04:15 PM   #598  

Oh, he's not one for compliments alright.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:32 PM   #599  

Quote:
Oh, he's not one for compliments alright.
I'm sorry to hear it. I'm fortunate I suppose that my husband is attentive.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:31 AM   #600  
Restarting my journey :)

S/C/G: 210/184/130

Height: 5ft 6

Hi I'm Maria, I've been here (3FC and weight loss in general) before, but it was a while ago and I'm starting afresh. I'm nearly 22 and I'm in my final year of a psychology degree at Sussex Uni. I'm around 186lbs and I'd like to be around 120lbs BUT it's more to do with body shape than numbers for me (finally! The numbers always ruled my youth.) oh and I'm 166cms/5 foot 5.5 inches. I live with my boyfriend who is always supportive of me, but is also my junk food buddy. We're both in the process of shaping up, so that will either help or hinder. I'm using a healthy eating approach that is based on correct portion sizes for 5 small meals a day and I'm going to the gym three times a week. I own a bike but it's at my mum's in London right now, I'm going to pick it up over the xmas period and hopefully start cycling on the days I don't workout in the gym. Brighton has great cycle paths and we live really close to the sea which is especially beautiful on stormy winter days, so I intend to take full advatage of that. My weight loss history is the usual ups and downs, but this time I am fully aware that this isn't a fad, that I can't go back to eating junk and not expect to gain weight if it's not balanced out with healthy food and exercise, that this has to be a lifestyle change, not a quick fix and that it has to be done slowly and properly. I'm in for the long journey of tranforming my body and my life and finally being happy with what I have made of myself!

Thanks for reading
Closed Thread