UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 06-22-2005, 04:36 PM   #1  
flour-powered

Default Hello, I'm new.

I thought I would say hello. Being an eternal optimist I am starting my diet again.

I've got a long way to go, but I've got a bit of an incentive. I'm going to a conference in November, and as a treat, the organiser is arranging for us to have a go in an aircraft training simulator. I would love to do this, but I have this nightmare image of my bum getting wedged in the pilots seat. It would be very embarrassing and very expensive if they have to dismantle the simulator to get me out.

So the fight is on. Me v. my bum.
stephmcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 05:32 PM   #2  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

Welcome, Steph!

Janey
Dippy Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 06:09 PM   #3  

hiya steph and hi to your bum too seeing as its in this fight too
tootoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 03:16 AM   #4  
flour-powered

Thanks. I've been reading through the forums and I am really impressed with the positive attitudes, achievements and ideas. It looks great.
Old 06-23-2005, 05:05 AM   #5  

Hi Steph,
Welcome aboard! Lots of room for you here *hugs* Sounds like an exciting incentive to work towards.
lysady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 160/146/146

Hello Steph
I pop in here most days but don't always post. I enjoy reading all the wieght loss news and having a good laugh. It's my WI day today but I don't know if I have done very well. I havn't been off track but I don't feel slimmer, I think it's the hot weather and all the water I keep drinking phew!

Well must read what else has been happening as I havn't been on here for a few days

Great to see your bmi down Toot

Chez
chezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:49 AM   #7  

Welcome to the forum Steph.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 12:51 PM   #8  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Steph.. welcome, we hope to see you in here often, we take the good and the bad... (not that I'm implying that you're bad... I was talking about days that we have on our mission to become healthier individualls and remember, we all have bad days..) I shall be having one today, I'm meeting friends for lunch and I know I chose something fattening instead of healthy... I just feel like it and no one can sway me.... unless you all try right now girls... come on, see if you can... I've got about three and a half hours before the meeting... help me, by swaying me to have something healthy... it's your mission..... I'm waiting....
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 01:58 PM   #9  
flour-powered

Wink

It is impossible to get to my weight without being very bad, very often. Thank you for a very warm welcome.

As for persuading you not to have something yummy for lunch, there are two options:

First, you could try 'righteous dieter' in which you enjoy choosing the most healthy (boring) option on the menu, only drink water and announce very loudly that you will not have pudding as 'your body is a temple....'. The plus side is smug enjoyment of being Ms Perfectly in Control. The down side is that you may not get another invite.

Alternatively, you could go and enjoy yourself, don't go mad, chat and laugh so much your mouth is too busy to eat. Have something chicken based or a veggie dish and a fruity pudding, dressings on the side.

I think the second option is best, because in a months time, you will remember the laugh you had with your friends, not the pudding you had.

Enjoy.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:23 AM   #10  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

Hi Steph - can't get too many of those!

You seem to have settled in, what with photo, tickers, smilies etc etc.

I look forward to reading lots more of you!
stef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 06:39 AM   #11  
flour-powered

Stef,

I'm just a junkie for wizzy tools. This site is so well put together. Obviously I would be a lot slimmer if I spent less time messing around on my laptop and more running around a gym.

It's been a good week so far. I'm flogging the travel-demons that tempt me with garage-sourced grub, and I'm staying in a hotel with a wonderful health club. I went on the treadmill and reclining bike last night, and then into the sauna, swimming (very cold straight out of the sauna!), a quick steam and jacuzzi. So I have been broiled, steamed, poached and carbonated! (Also, body and conscience squeaky clean. Tee Hee).
Old 06-29-2005, 09:44 PM   #12  
Gym'll fix it!!

Sounds like you're well done to me Steph I hope you win your battle cuz it would be awful to be beaten by a BUM
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 12:56 AM   #13  
Pending Email Confirmation

I just wanted to say hello to! I am also new around here and I like what I see so far! everyone is so friendly!
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 01:54 AM   #14  

We're all lovely, just ask us!!!

You're doing so well Steph!!! My internet hours have decreased markedly since starting the healthy thing!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 01:55 AM   #15  

hey Im new too!
I have just got back from travelling for 7 months to discover I have put on 16 pounds... its weird tho this is probably the most comfotable Ive been with myself forever but I cant get into any of my clothes and I know that I am sooooooooo unhealthy! I eat junk food all day and go out partying too much! ooops! so any help would be grateful! IM about 5"2 and weigh 10stone 4 (yeah I know Im not huge but still...)any help would be cool.. its nice just to chat to another dieter! well done on ur 4lbs! keep it up!
boho babe is offline   Reply With Quote