Old 09-13-2006, 04:23 PM   #106  
I believe in miracles

S/C/G: 212/212/130

Height: 5'1

Okay sara I've changed my location to New York, New York. I wanted to press myself a little harder. Plus I've always wanted to go to New York. I looked it up and it is 964.7 miles. That would take me approximately 4.5 months. I'm using a calculation 9 miles a day roughly.

Are we All up for this! If so lets get walking, jogging, and bicycling. We have a lot of ground to cover. I want to be at my destination by January. Before I freeze on the highways or get ranned over.

Wow Aqua Ireland, interesting. What do you like about Ireland? Isn't it cold there all the time? I'd loved to go Africa, just once! But I'm afraid to fly overseas, so I'll probably only get there by exercising.

Amanda I haven't gotten to the point of knowing when complusion is going to happen. Thats saying alot! You sound like your getting to the point were your not craving at all anymore. You got to walk away. Love It!!!

Thanks for the compliment on my work out. I'm just trying to keep up with you and Aqua. You guys workout more than I do right now!

Melissa: Will call it Tour De Highways. Good idea! Melissa join in whenever you can. I'm just grateful you'll be there to cheer us on and keep us on track.

Tour De Highways

New York 0 ml /964.7 mls By January

I shall start tonight.

Last edited by sapphire35; 09-13-2006 at 05:22 PM.
sapphire35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 04:25 PM   #107  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Danielle, I think whatever is ailing you will be over soon. Because I feel awful!

It's this change of season weather. One minute its cool and breezy, the next it's humid. Now it's cool and rainy and my sinuses are draining. I have the ickiness draining at the back of my throat. Yuck!!

When I leave here I'm going to the grocery store, picking up some soup (I won't even look at the number of carbs, calories or fat) and going home. Then I'm going to eat my soup guilt-free, take some meds and go to bed. I feel like it's getting worse by the moment.

I'm going to be in bed before 8 and pray that I can stay asleep until tomorrow morning. I may even make myself a hot toddy. With plenty of "toddy".
Amany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 04:27 PM   #108  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

okay are you guys saying your doing 9 miles a day? how many minutes is that
i would love to join but all i plan to do for cardio is kickboxing and elliptical
would that work?
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 04:42 PM   #109  
I believe in miracles

Mia: The Elliptical definitely works, sure. Does it keep up with miles? I can't remember. I just used 9 miles for me, because thats about what I average. I'm getting anywhere from 9 or 10 miles on the bike (25 minutes). You can do whatever is best for you. Sometimes I only get in 2 or 3 miles on the treadmill, so thats all I can count that day. You get the drift. Maybe if the Elliptical doesn't having miles you can use a pediometer (however you spell it).

OMG Amanda are you getting the nasty flue bug too. Girls!!! We can't let this weather get us. That toddy sounds good to me and I'm not even sick. Hope you feel better. Where falling like
Old 09-13-2006, 04:44 PM   #110  

BTW Trish. I think your plan is fantastic. I think I'll walk / jog / trot to Las Vegas!!!

Mia - I'm not familiar with the elliptical. It wouldn't happen to calculate miles, would it?
Old 09-13-2006, 04:54 PM   #111  

I think I'll have to make it another city. Like Memphis or NY. Or maybe St Louis. I'm supposed to go there next June.

I'll be travelling by foot. If I walk to Vegas it will take me at least 2 years to get there. I think I got a little carried away...
Old 09-13-2006, 04:59 PM   #112  

Smile

Hun.e.B- Hi! Glad to hear you are having a successful day!

Amany- I'm going to practice what you do. I can't believe how it must have looked for me to eat that salad. Sometimes I am really taken aback at things I never realized I did/do. I have to remind myself, hey chick, it's only food. It's sitting there on the plate and it only moves as fast as you force it to. I do not like that compulsion. Terrible feeling to realize what you have just done.

Thanks. I am proud of you ladies too.

lovethatsara- lol, you'll make it.... Nothing like a brisk walk....

Sugar-N-Spice- I hope you feel like a million bucks when that nasty cough finally packs up and heads outta town. Poor thing. I know I hate being sick.

sapphire35- I would love to see Africa at least once too! My maiden name is Irish, so I kind of have an attatchment to the Irish. I have more than one family heritage, but I have always been drawn to that particular place.

Okay, I will figure out my miles, and let you know how much I plan to tread a day to get there. I'm not afraid of throwing in a little more elbow grease...
AquaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 05:11 PM   #113  

Cool

3844 miles .

** in Astro from Jetson's voice** Rut Row Rorge........

All right people. If I walk 12 miles a day, I can make it to Dublin in 320.33 days.

I'll do it. I can walk 12 miles a day.... ***husband in background*** "Run Forrest!!!!!! Run!!!!!!!"
Old 09-13-2006, 05:20 PM   #114  
I believe in miracles

Amanda 2 years, now thats a long time!

I have any of you seen the dance call "Lean wit Rock wit it". I swear these carrots are doing that dance. If you can do what they're doing then you can do the dance. Its really popular now. Lol

Wow Aqua thats a big challenge. When should you be getting there Forrest?
Old 09-13-2006, 05:24 PM   #115  
I believe in miracles

Amanda if you actually do come to St. Louis next year, we are definitely going to have hook up in our new skinny girl clothes and go out. Hehehehehe
Old 09-13-2006, 05:39 PM   #116  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire35 View Post
Amanda 2 years, now thats a long time!

I have any of you seen the dance call "Lean wit Rock wit it". I swear these carrots are doing that dance. If you can do what they're doing then you can do the dance. Its really popular now. Lol

Wow Aqua thats a big challenge. When should you be getting there Forrest?
hehe the carrots do it better than me
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 05:49 PM   #117  

Smile

It's gonna take me longer. I will be able to go 8 miles a day for sure. That's and extra hour and some minutes, but anything more will be a day when I have nothing else to do but run. I will get there sometime next year. I will make it though.

***fades off into sunset doing my typical sloppy run.... arms all flopping at sides and head facing up......****
Old 09-13-2006, 05:52 PM   #118  
I can do it this time.

wow i wish i had enough time to walk and run that many miles in a day. I have no idea how much i walk I need to get a pedometer
lovethatsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 07:00 PM   #119  

Ok, if I walk at least 14 miles every week, I'll make it to St. Louis by June 18. Trish thank you for suggesting this to us!!
I can't predict the moment that a compulsion will happen. But I can feel it creeping up. I've learned to recognize the signs.
I've seen the Lean Back dance. That carrot and banana are hip, aren't they?? Oh wait.... You said Lean Wit It.... I am soooo out of the loop. I'm in my mid thirties and I don't have teens around me on the normal basis. I'm completely out of touch.
One of my friends attends the Baptist Conventions every year. It's in St. Louis next June. I'm going to meet her there for about three days of it. While she's in the workshops and classes learning about the Bible, I'll be wandering the streets of St. Louis looking for sin!! j/k We'll definitely have to hang out.

Aqua Eight miles a day! You go girl!! I'm gonna try my best to keep up with you. It might be kinda hard though.
Don't get down on yourself about the salad. This is a learning process for all of us.

Sara - Pack some extra walking shoes, chicky!!! You'll make it, you'll make it!

Well, I'd better go. The toddy is starting to kick in real good. I haven't had a whole lot of carbs, so it takes it no time.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:36 PM   #120  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Just poppin on quickly to say...you know you could also gauge it, by saying for every mile walked, biked, jogged, ellipticalled (is that a word? LOL) is 2 or 5 miles off your trip. For those trips that are thousands of miles away. You just gotta convert it thats all! Have a great night all!!

~melissa
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote