Old 06-26-2006, 11:55 AM   #61  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Hi gals,

I don't have lots of time, just wanted to let you know I'm doing ok. I'm recovering from the stress of the funerals, and had a blast rafting last week. I will post more and get everything updated soon. I have lots of posts to catch up on. Have a great day!
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:31 PM   #62  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Hi all! I just found out that I will have off the 3rd and the 4th Whoooohoooo! Me...I am glad you had a great time Wendy! I have a fun weekend we rode about 50 miles on the bike this weekend and I hope we can ride this weekend coming up...I will check in soon I too have some more posting to do..
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:54 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

HI everyone!!
Brandy~Glad you had a good time rafting, wish I could do that, but theres nothing of the sort around here!
La3y~ 50 miles!!! whoohoo!
Rosario~R U going to SI6?
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:56 PM   #64  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Just wanted a jump in and say HI and let everyone know I am still here!

Glad to here the date went well Wendy!

lydia - congrats on the job offer! You must feel pretty good. Didn't you just start there not too long ago? And congrats on the size Medium and almost 30 pounds! WOW!

Rosario - I think your IL have a lot to do with it, once they leave it might take some getting back into it but other then that there should be nothing stopping you!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 05:12 PM   #65  
used to be tofat

OK, where to start...Rafting was down in West Virginia (about 9 hours away) and we had about 60 people in our group. The first day down I did a 21 minute run with a 13 year old girl who averages 6 minute miles. Needless to say, we both changed our pace and went for a medium. Between the faster than usual pace, the HILLS, and running on a rocky, unstable path, it kicked my butt, but I finished it. Day 2: Rock climbing!!!! We took off in a pontoon boat, and climbed the cliffs on the lakeshore. It was incredible. We had a 13 yr. old, 4 18-19 yr old, me, and then a 50 something. All were male except me, BUT, only me and 1 other made it to the top of all our climbs (1 took 4 tries to get up, but I did it!!!) I'm super proud of the fact that I more than held my own. Day 3: Whitewater Rafting-the river was low, so therefore slow, and rapids not as big as in the years past. We still had lots of fun, but not nearly as exciting. I took a nap on the lake beach after our trip and woke up sore EVERYWHERE!!! Then, of course, it was time to run! I am so glad that was only a 15 minute run, and I paired off with a girl whose pace was much closer to my normal, and somehow I overcame the pain and finished that run also. It was a nice trip, and I was very thankful to have an escape after all the funerals of the previous week.

I can't remember if I told you, but I signed up to run a 5K. It is on the 4th of July. I can't believe its almost here. I'm getting nervous. I went 2.6 miles this morning with my hubby, and that's my longest run so far. I just need to add .5 miles next week. I think I can do it!

I don't have time for lots of comments, I'll try tomorrow to catch up with all of you.

The bad news is I way overate on vacation, and now am back to losing instead of maintaining. I hit 140 again and I'm starting to freak out. Just gotta watch what I put in, and get back in my routine.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:24 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Brandy~ Sounds like a freakin' blast!!! I wouldn't have the energy for 1 day!!!!
Sorry about the weight gain, I to have not been watching what goes in my yapper!
Tonight I am going grocery shopping for lake food!! Heading out to the lake tomorrow and will be back on Friday! I'll be sure to pop in here tomorrow before I leave though!
Trying to plan a menu that Ryan will eat out there and will be healthy for me! Pretty hard to take a head of lettuce and salad fixings with me! Not that hard I guess....
Going to make some wraps and live on weiners and hambergers so I might come back at 140lbs!!I hope not!!
Catch ya's all later!
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 05:36 PM   #67  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotypical
lydia - congrats on the job offer! You must feel pretty good. Didn't you just start there not too long ago? And congrats on the size Medium and almost 30 pounds! WOW!
Yesterday marked my first full month there. Crazy, right? It's looking more and more like I WILL be able to take the job. Crossing my fingers...

Brandi: Good luck on that 5k. I'm sure you will do FABULOUSLY!
LadyFirelyght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:17 AM   #68  
used to be tofat

Good morning all!

I just got back from my walk and boy is it hazy and humid out! Not good to feel that sticky before 7 am. I have a busy day here getting lots of stuff done that got shoved aside when I was gone. Shouldn't be that bad though.

Wendy-Hope you have a great time at the lake. Good luck finding healthy food for that. Camping is always a downfall for me. I guess I never have done it healthy, so definetly a bad habit to just indulge while I'm away. Sounds like you had a fun date. Jello shooters and all.

Lydia-Congrats on the job!! That is wonderful.

la3y-sounds like you've been able to enjoy some treat bike trips lately! Hope you get to do some more this coming weekend with your new found time off!

Rosario-Did you like the Biggest Loser DVD? I have to admit its pretty low on my list, but it adds variety. I am sorry to hear about your Grandmother. At least you were able to have a visit with her and make her happy. It is so hard to lose loved ones.

Well, I'm off. I hope you all have a tremendous day.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:55 AM   #69  
Fat-be-gone

Morning!!

Brandy-welcome back. what a way to unwind!!! your week sounded like it was lots of fun. and look at you running. now your going to do a 5k?? wow!! i know you are going to do awesome.

la3y-I have the 3rd and 4th off too!! I like how they do things down here in GA. Woo hoo for 4-day weekends!!!!

wendy-not too sure if I'm going to jump right back into SI6. i really like this other workout so I guess I'll stick with it until I get bored and then ease back into SI6. I hope you are getiing urs in. Have fun at the lake!!!

Courtnie-how's it going??

Well I got 30 minutes of excercise in. That is definitely a step up from 0 minutes. I would of done more but TOM came and I was cramping pretty bad. I did the Biggest Loser and I actually really liked it. The cardio was awesome and had me sweating like crazy. It looks like it'll be easy to stick to. Food was way better too. So far I am feeling good and doing good too. One day down, 6 more to go!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:11 AM   #70  
Working on Hot!

I hear you on the 4 day weekend!!!!! I cant wait!!!!!

I want to know if I can get a point for riding?? It takes lots of leg work to stay on the back.....Hubby a wild driver.....lol Some time he is up to 70 to 100 mph I really have to hang on tight........

I really need to get my DL so I can drive myself. I have done it a little but I still am not sure of myself.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:00 PM   #71  
Fat-be-gone

just finished my workout. woo hoo!!! 3 points. hope everyone has a good night!!! see ya tomorrow!
Old 06-28-2006, 07:56 AM   #72  
used to be tofat

Morning ladies,

I had a beautiful walk, and a good run this morning. Its not nearly as humid as yesterday thank goodness. That was my last "official" training run before the 5K, but I think I'll run again on Friday just to keep my nerves settled.

I'm going to Cedar Point (amusement park) on Monday with my sis and her bf, and we're meeting my brother and his wife there. My hubby has to work so I'm feeling a bit like I'll be a tag along, but I'm sure I'll have fun once I get over that.

Today I supposedly have a softball game (if it doesn't rain). The weather pattern has had rain almost every Wed. it's kinda a joke on the team right now. I really hope we get to play. Its such a fun way to get some exercise in.

I've been struggling to get my eating back in control. I've done well with choosing healthy foods the past 2 days, but I've been eating to much of them. I've been so hungry! At least I'm not eating out of boredom, or for emotional reasons, but I still need to get it back under control.

Well, I'm off. Have a great day.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:59 PM   #73  
Working on Hot!

I am starting over I need to get back to the old way I did things...I have dusted off my note book and have started logging things in it again....I let myself down yesterday. So I have started back! I have taken the words like try and hope out of my word list and change them to will and can. I will get lots of points today! So look out ladies here I come....
Old 06-28-2006, 02:17 PM   #74  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Rosario - way to go on the 3 points! Just keep that up and you will be losing in no time!

Things are going good. We take posission of the house tomorrow - I am super excited, but it also means that I have tons of work to do. Does cleaning, getting ready to paint and painting count as exercise? haha I will probably be over there this weekend doing a good clean and taking everything off so we can paint sometime next week. I only get Monday off but I am taking a Vacation day on Friday to do some stuff with the new house. So I get a 4 day weekend too! Hopefully I can get lots of stuff done this weekend, I even want to put in at least 8 hours of work so if I need to I can another day off next week or the week after without using a Vacation day. With moving any evertying I will probably have to book a few days off, and I don't want to use up all my days JUST IN CASE, I want to go somewhere. I still want to find a puppy in the next week, but it wont happen. If I want the perfect dog I am doing to have to wait.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 03:02 PM   #75  
Fat-be-gone

i finally finished this project i was working on. i am exhausted and ready to throw in the towel for the rest of the day. i brought my trusty laptop with me, so while i wait for the bf tocome pick me up, i will do my biggest loser workout. I wish it were Friday already. this week has been really tiring at work. only cause the other girl was out this week. but at least i have been kept busy and that's better than doing nothing all day.

courtnie-i hate moving! that should be considered excercise with all the crap you do. the IL are moving out soon (maybe this weekend...fingers crossed) and i was hoping that I wouldn't have to help them with the move but i opened my big mouth about having the fourth off so I may be helping them move. yuck!!! but you should have lots of fun especially since it is your own, new house.

La3y-you've lost so much weight, i know you can do it!! just get back in there and stay strong!

brandy-hope uget a chance to get a game in. here's some help for you

enjoy the rest of your day gals!