Old 04-23-2006, 07:38 AM   #16  
takeitoff&Keepitoff

Sure, I'll take 3 more days. The challenge is for 21 days, so be it. On the other hand, maybe you shouldn't change anything on my account. We don't want to confuse our new members. The idea is to get more to join us, not drive them away.
girlieyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 07:41 AM   #17  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Wink ok....

Ok, girlie, maybe you're right. You have special permission, ok! If anyone else needs it, they can ask and if there are enough people eventually I may change it. I just want everyone to count along up to 21, however they get there, that's why I'm such a stickler for this. Thanks for being a sweetie!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 11:38 AM   #18  

Ok. Found the new thread very easy. By the way, I think you are ALL a little . . . Which is why I fit in

Seriously though, WELCOME to Sweet Pea and Katherine. Katherine, I think the freezing leftovers before dinner is an AWESOME idea. I have finally gotten to that point, where I portion out and put away meals I make before hand, so I don't overeat as well. It is a very good thing.

Red - thank you very much for the declaration. I am going to have to copy and reprint that. Maybe hang it up somewhere. That is just what I needed. And good luck with your new challenge. I know you can do it.

I had an INCREDIBLE time at the wedding last night. So much fun. Unfortunately, I also made some poor food and drink choices, which led to a bout of acid reflux that I haven't had in months, so . . .

Today is a brand new day. Day 1 for the following challenges. All are a level 3 (again, as goal is moderation).

1. Do core/ab work daily.
2. No soda.
3. Follow menu - keeping calories under 2000.
4. No chocolate - except Slimfast and the remaining low fat granola bars I want to use up. (from here out, "the bad food now none as ")

I can and will do this. I will succeed. Because life is good, and I deserve it.

Have a wonderful day everyone, and will check in later. Red, by the way, thanks for the calorie burn - I laughed my off at your "passing bars" comment.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 12:23 PM   #19  
Working at it

S/C/G: 180/tracker/115

Height: 5'3"

You´re from Wisconsin jollygirl??? That´d explain why being means you fit right in...................

(I´m originally from Wausau)

Oh yeah...and thank you all for making me feel good about the weight I´ve lost so far! I don´t get out much and the people I see don´t even notice (read: husband).

--Katherine

Last edited by ktgk; 04-24-2006 at 04:25 AM.
ktgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 02:04 PM   #20  
prepare for the BEST time

You're making my head spin!

Day# 5? PAWS!, (unless you count my exercise of Jumping to Conclusions)!

yes, RB, the stomach bug seems to have left my body (like Elvis?... )...now if i could just remove my mind from the garbage disposal all would be well....

see you all tomorrow with a better attitude, i'm in a funk.........
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 05:12 PM   #21  
Never give up

Cool Day 1!!!!!!!!!

Good morning all! Monday here. I feel awful, congested, bloated. My face looks like my name... All from that junk I shoveled in yesterday. I don't know what got into me...well, yes, I do..pms...still, I could have stopped it! Anyhow, anyhow, it's done, it's past, I am cracking the whip today even though I feel like finding a cave and sitting in it far from the madding crowd.

You know, it's ridiculous, the rat-race, having to deal with co-workers, bosses, taxes, bill collectors....damn! I hate it! All I want is to be like all the pampered little princesses I see everywhere, who don't have a worry in their little heads except what's for dinner...hubbie or boyfriend or daddy take care of everything....yeah, that would be the life...yeah, right! (said with utmost sarcasm and disdain). Well, it's my choice and I'm making it. Gonna howl at the moon!

marble -- Hope you're feeling better. The funk is all around! Get your head out of the sink (or wherever you have that garbage disposal), will ya?!

kt -- Husbands are as bad as my coworkers, from the sound of it. To be honest, I wish more people would say something when I start to pack on the pounds as well. Then maybe I wouldn't go maxing out my stretch jeans like I do!

jolly -- Glad you like the declaration and thanks for the words of encouragement. I am really sliding badly this past week and I can't be caving in to excuses. What's the sense if it's just down and up, down and up every month. I want to get the fat off! Good luck on your challenges too! We are starting off on the same day. I am not making the crunches a part, at least not for now. I plan on doing them anyhow but if I see myself slacking, I will make them a challenge as well. It really makes a huge difference I have found. You keep yours up!

sweet pea -- You with us again? Hope the storm passed without incident. Did you get to bed without the aimless eating? I hope so!
We're on the same time zone more or less so I'll be looking for you when all the others are off snoozing. Getting cold down there yet?

Old 04-23-2006, 07:11 PM   #22  

morning everyone

red i hear you about being a pampered princess. actually i want to be oprah with a team of people to make me look beautiful and a personal trainer and chef. yummmmmy

i still feel a bit blah from yday too. i was full last night but i was drooling over the thought of the bread and butter pudding in my freezer so i got one out and nuked it. what was i thinking? actually it was quite good but today's tum is feeling bad. thing is i get all these sweet things on my mind and then i obsess over them until i eat them. people say just have a small serving but i'm not good with small servings i find it's safer for me to go without until the cravings pass

i have weighed myself this morning for the start of this challenge but already my enthusiasm is fading. last night i promised myself i would log every mouthful that passed my lips. this morning i'm already making bargains with myself and wondering if it would matter if i sneaked in a sweet treat and started food recording tmrw. bad bad girl!

kt - you might be lucky noone notices your weight. every man and his dog seems to see very pound that goes on and off me. it makes me want to be invisible and hide until i reach my goal weight. then it would be like one of those extreme makeover shows and this beautiful slim butterfly will emerge!

red - someone on a similar time zone would be fantastic. being so far ahead of everyone else means that there's usually noone here when i post!

good luck to everyone else

day 1 has started here without bingeing BUT i am spending far too much time thinking about food ...
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 07:12 PM   #23  

i just checked time zones - i'm 9 hours ahead of tokyo so not that close
Old 04-23-2006, 09:45 PM   #24  
Never give up

No, sweet pea, Newzie is only three hours ahead of Tokyo, at least Christchurch and Wellington. Check it out here:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/full.html
Are there possibly any islands that are WAY east of the mainland? No, right?
As for putting it off till tomorrow...don't!!! Have your sweet treat if you must, just write it down, or is that going against your challenge? You have to bite the bullet! Better sooner than later! I am going to do it today. I am! I am! Strength to you! Try to eat some good food, like fruits and vegetables. I find you just can't eat both. That's why once you start with the junk it's like a train rolling down the tracks! No stopping that! Derail with some celery sticks!

Last edited by redballoon; 04-23-2006 at 09:51 PM.
Old 04-23-2006, 11:51 PM   #25  

hmmmm ok you're right on the time difference. the timezone site i went to said 9 hours but it does get confusing going to an american site to check stuff. i may have thought i had put in NZ and tokyo and put something else in. it tends to go to default settings. well that's good we will be around together at the same times. i work from home so i'm here a lot anyway

ummmm my BF day is a major major struggle. i am borderline already. being a binger i just fit more and more in. so i have the chocolate AND i have the fruit too. i had my sweet treat, then lunch (healthy), then 2 sweet treats, then an apple. feeling like giving up but will try and find some strength to resist as this is doing me no good at all. however i am at danger time now. nearly 4pm and afternoons and evenings are a challenge.

so sorry to spoil your theory but i have no trouble eating both!!! altho i would have to choke the celery sticks down UGH i am full to bursting and thinking about more food so i definitely need to do something else

i'm going to walk to the shops and get another library book. it's pouring with rain but not to worry. being outside might just be what i need. then i can come back and have a lovely hot bath hmmmmm

red are your weights in kg? i don't see many others who weigh in metric.
how are you going on your day 1???
Old 04-24-2006, 12:44 AM   #26  
Never give up

Hi sweet pea, you know, even as I was writing that about eating good food I was thinking, well, it wouldn't stop me if I was bent on eating the junk, which I often am! So, don't worry. It was just a hope-filled theory, nothing I would have put any money on! Yes, my weights are in metric just because that is what I've used for like the past 30 years, being here and in Germany before that. I could do the conversions, but I figure, what the heck. My scale is in kilos so it's easy for me and actually means more now. Also, the number's not as high in kilos! Yes, getting out and moving around often helps. I kind of like rain, actually, if it's not too cold. Well, good luck and I hope you get through the day. Go to bed early if you have to. Try to just say, food is not an option after a certain hour....let's see if I can do better. I just finished a yam, so that was healthy. So far, so good, and the workout and walking this morning means I'm still in the game! Thanks for asking.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:00 AM   #27  

aren't yams really small? the ones we have here wouldn't get close to being called a meal. i guess i have seen big ones but still...

me i'm not a fan of rain. i know the gardeners always say we need it but me i like clear sunny days.

i went for a walk. went to the library and got some books and another ahem treat. the rain just got heavier so i might have a fire tonight. that will be nice. willbe interesting to see how the puppy reacts. she's never seen a fire before!
Old 04-24-2006, 02:01 AM   #28  
Never give up

Hmmm, looks like it's just you and me sweet pea! No, yams are huge here, but still, it was just a snack.. Now, I'm having a salad with brown rice on top. Good for me! It's so warm here today, must be around 20C. Funny the difference Down Under! Hope your pup is cool with the fire. I hope you take it easy on those "treats." Just what are you treating yourself for doing....

Heh, others! Where are you?!
Old 04-24-2006, 02:11 AM   #29  

ummm treats are just generally for being me i guess!!! not the world's best excuse i admit

your salad does sound good. do you do all your own cooking? i have some trevally that i have to eat. now if it was in battered i'd love it but for some reason it's not as appealing now as it was when i bought it. i have been checking the net for recipes. no inspiration so far

yup. we should rename this the sweetpea and redballoon thread
Old 04-24-2006, 02:19 AM   #30  
weightgonnago

S/C/G: 230/230/150

Ok, I am new and I am in. I need your help and support and i will do the same for you. Accountability is what I need right now and that is what I like about your group....I get the concept but I am still fuzzy on the levels...what constitutes a level one two or three. For my first 21 day challenge I am going with 1) 120 oz of h2o a day
2) 30-45 min of cardio a day
3) and small portions
This a level 1?
I have a ton of weight to loose....As is said on another comment somewhere I feel like I am lost somewhere inside myself and I am screaming to get out...I also read a comment somewhere that said nothing tastes as good as thin feels or something like that. I hope this will help me when I am week. Thanks for letting join in and I hope to learn you all soon so I can encourage you all well.
princessmtkg is offline   Reply With Quote