Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 05:29 PM   #676  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Hey, gals! Sorry for being AWOL for so many days. My trip was good but I was nonstop, then I came home for a meeting all day Saturday . Sunday I finally dismantled my old computer and hooked up my new one (his name is Pete, after some mysterious wording on the transparent film protecting the monitor). I have to buy a few things and establish DSL service to get fully up and running. In some ways the basic set-up is idiot-proff, but on the other hand, I managed to gash my thumb and nearly drop the old CPU onto my foot. Marie, you must be strong as an ox!

I'm also feeling the changing weather, I think. Achy and a little grumpy about the chill in the air; I made beef stew (again) yesterday, always a sign of things to come! Especially after getting back from New Orleans, where it mostly felt like the middle of summer. I took the path of least resistance a few times too many in the food department, but I didn't pig out. I've restocked my kitchen with fresh fruit and veggies, and will try to forget about red beans and rice....

I'll do personals next time. I need to get over to Curves. I worked out a bit the past few days, but not enough. Time to get back into the groove. Hope everyone is hanging in there.

judy
Old 09-18-2006, 10:59 PM   #677  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone, I exercised before work - did 3 miles and still managed to feel okay at work. So I'm thinking the echinecea is working. After work, I had to hand vacuum my pool (dusty in the desert and I had to put in a chemical to make it stick to the filter). Then we had turkey breast for dinner (very salty - they added "up to 20% solution") Eeeks, I'm not buying that again. Tomorrow's weighin is off after the salt loaded turkey.

Judy, glad you had fun in NO. My DS is in Mississippi and it's still hot there. Cold here. In the 30's every morning. You'll love the DSL. I've been ecstatic since Qwest put i in our area. The satellite connection was painful.

Carol, do you want to come to my yard and mulch? Pretty please??? The soup sounds good too. Good luck on getting rid of the two pounds.

Penny, I'm glad you're feeling a bit better too. I have long hair too and rarely leave it down. Mostly I wear it up because it drives me up the wall when it falls in my face. But, when I'm sick, I hate having it up. I think I'm a little nutty. Okay, maybe a lot.

Talk to you all tomorrow. BTW, we're going to interview again for the position vacated by the evil witch. Oh, and it looks like the evil witch is going to sue us. Thank goodness she's gone and not spreading her evil to the children in our school district.

Marie
Old 09-19-2006, 07:02 AM   #678  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Judy welcome home. The stew sounds wonderful. I came home from work yesterday in the mood for sauce and pasta. Made a wonderful quick sauce in an hr. with just a little sausage for flavor. Everyone loved it and I must say it was pretty darn good. So leftovers tonight for them I am going to cook my salmon. Pasta is good but I have to becareful. It did make me want carbs afterwards and I have to say I did have some. Naughty but not too bad. Marie whats with the salty turkey? I never ck'd mine but it didn't taste salty next one I will ck. Maybe give him a good bath first! Hah hah! Anyways still have one in the freezer it was buy one get one free. At anyrate it tasted good. Wish there was some extras to make soup. Glad to hear the exercise and feeling better is coming along. I figure the gardening was my biggy for exercise this week. I still have a crooked tree to put in just trying to decide where he should live in my yard. I have an acre and lots of flower beds. Mulching will protect the plants and cut back on the weeds. The contractor has started on the hubbies garage and the gravel is in place. The lumber arrived yesterday and construction will start next week once the gravel has time to settle in place so I am actually hoping for some rain. Can you believe that? At any rate having it done before winter is a blessing. Now I need to save for a dishwasher it died sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well sucks for those who do dishes I am mainly the cook around here. Thank goodness for that.
My new boss started friday but I was off. I have only spoke to her for about 5 min. She complimented me for my good notes and that was nice to get from her so soon. I was pleased with that. We will see how the rest of it all falls in place. I figure she is the 4th one in 6 years for me. No big deal do my job and continue on. I just hope she gives respect to her workers and it sounds like she will. That is a blessing to me.
I am trying to be good with my intakes, breakfast and lunch were great after dinner could of been better. I also need to increase my water intake today. I will work on that and journaling my intakes. Take care and have a super day. For those of you not on yet we miss you! Nikki hope all is going well. Penny hello there! And every one else hello!
Old 09-19-2006, 09:35 PM   #679  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi Carol, I'm glad that the new boss believes in compliments. It's amazing how many supervisors don't realize that it's important to accentuate the positive as opposed to the negative. I'm having pasta tonight - leftovers from Sunday. Spicy Cajun Chicken Pasta. Very yummy. And to top it off, no work since it was done on Sunday.

I exercised again this morning and decided that tomorrow I'm going to walk a mile, jog a mile, and walk another. Ease me back into the jogging. The virus is still around, but just barely. I decided I'm tkaing echinecea the rest of my life.

I didn't weigh in today because of the salty turkey. I decided to wait until Friday since I'm plateauing anyways. Why get mad at the white square?
TTYL.
Marie
Old 09-20-2006, 06:35 AM   #680  
fIREFLY

Marie the leftovers sound pretty darn good to me. We had leftover pasta last night I didn't have my salmon maybe tonight. I am going to bake apple pies tonight. I owe one to the girls whom picked me apples and its someones birthday at work this week. So I am going to do the honors of making something to celebrate. This new supervisor and I met yesterday and so far I am impressed. She has done a lot of different jobs and has been in positions. I think that is a plus she knows its not an easy job and gives credit when its due. She also doesn't sound like gossip and not getting along with others will be tolerated so I am pleased with all of that. Hurray! To soon to know for sure but it all sounds positive. I had a stressful day and today the state is at one of my houses for a review and picked my new clients file. So happy days I get to review it with them and answer questions. Oh well I have tried to do my best what else can one do? I have been in this seat before but not with such a challenging case. Wish me luck! I did increase my water level yesterday something I have slacked off on. Also did the stairs at work 20 up and down 4x's yesterday and parked in no where land. So forced exercise! But it is exercise! I will try and do my treadmill later while my pies are baking. Good planning I think. Marie I am so glad your on a trip back to being yourself again. Its so hard when we get sick to get back into the swing of things but your doing it! Hurray for you! I stayed within calories yesterday even with a little handful of chips the hubby had out munching away on. Its so hard when goodies are around to be 100% to the good. I have another wedding this weekend for a girl at work. So I know that will mean extra calories. I plan on exercising that morning before hand. Well take care all! Marie keep up the good work.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:00 PM   #681  

I am proud of myself today: I went to my favorite Thai place and did not order the yummy saucy stuff that I like most (with lots of white rice to sop up the sauce). I had a cup of veggie-tofu soup and the beef salad, which where both tasty and satisfying, and still within the spirit of my journey. I got there early and the friend that I met there was late, so I sat for 20 minutes smelling other diners' food and salivating, usually a disastrous situation....

Marie, good luck with this round of interviews. Perhaps you should dunk the leading candidates into the river, to make sure they aren't witches . I'm glad that you're feeling better, but do take is slow.

Carol, do you have a big social event every weekend? How can you bake apple pies and not want to eat them all yourself? You are so disciplined.

Chair massages tonight at Curves, yippee!

judy
Old 09-20-2006, 10:14 PM   #682  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi Judy and Carol, I hope your day went good. Tomrrow is our interview day and I'm dreading it. I do like your idea, Judy, to dunk the candidate in the river. That evil witch has left me doubting my personnel skills (I was an HR mgr for 6 years). She spooked me. So tomorrow will be an icky day.

But today was good. I jogged the 1 mile jog video!!!! I was so happy. I definitely feel almost normal. So 3 miles total today and peach dumplings for dinner (old family recipe that converts everyone who tries it into thinking it's the best - I bring leftovers to work and always get "what's that???").

I agree with Judy, Carol that you are one social butterfly. I'd have problems if my social calendar was so full. I'm a homebody/introvert. Good luck with the review. I bet you sail through it.

Judy, what are chair massages at Curves???

Today is DS's 20th birthday. He's still in Mississippi but he's currently on the phone with DS's GF. DS stole the phone from me, then after about 45 minutes gave it to GF. DH and I haven't talked to him. I bet his cell phone battery dies before we get him. He got our present (digital camera) and a video we took on our digital camera of the 5 of us singing happy birthday. He really likes them.

Well, dinner is almost done so I will go.
Marie
Old 09-21-2006, 07:24 AM   #683  
fIREFLY

Judy I had to have a little to see how it was. But if I do have it I try to fit it into my cals for the day. I made 3 pies and 1 Jewish Apple cake for a girl at works birthday. The director can't have anything with eggs so 1 slice of pie is for her. Another pie for the house here and one to go to the kids, one to a friend. Before you know it they are all gone away! I got done and cleaned up by 9 not to bad. I know your right my social calendar has been quite busy this year. We have our employee picnic today also. So I guess it will be a lite supper for me. Though at this event I never really over eat the food just doesn't tempt me as much. But we are having my apple cake after lunch for a friends birthday. I have to cover it up a bit I used a bundt pan and of course it didn't flip out good enough I had to patch it back together. Nothing cool whip won't fix and a few chopped walnuts!
I did okay with my intake yesterday. The state came in right at quitting time so I had to hang out. By the time I got home I was really hungry. Defrosted some chicken, sauted it with garlic oil, and spicy stuff then added some steamed frozen veggies, a little grated cheese. That was dinner! Not to bad. Ate a few apple slices with cinn. when baking. But that was it.
Judy hurray for your good judgement call when you went out to eat. Its so hard and sit and smell that good stuff wow! See we are making some positive changes, it takes time we didn't get them all overnight and they like us and want to stay around. Its hard to break old habits. I joined another site to try and inc. my water intake and exercise. I did better with those two things the last couple of day. Now takes the stairs at work, parking out a ways and making sure I get the water in.
Marie so far our new supervisor is awesome. Yesterday she actually said to me if you need to take time off to take the hubby to the doctors you can adjust your time by making it up. Wow! That was nice. Then said oh in the future I will be giving you all a slip with your sick, vac. per. I said oh wow! She looked at me surprised like it was no big deal. But with the last one we needed to beg for that info. most of the time. And she always told us come to her and she'd give it to us. Then when you'd ask for time she'd say well maybe in a teasing way. Such control!!!!!!!! We could of blown her in for a lot of little things it wasn't worth it. Now she has a position like me I hope she now understands how hard we work. Good luck with hiring. And hopefully you get a good one. Our new girl is a worker and thats so nice to see too. Very organized etc... Good work efforts. Marie the birthday present sounds very nice and he must of been surprised. Keep up your good efforts and glad your feeling better.
See yah all later on.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:28 PM   #684  

Marie, chair massages are wonderful! Imagine you're sitting backwards in special chair, one that has places to rest your head, chest and arms as you lean forward. A massage therapist kneads the kinks out of your back, neck and shoulders...when I lived in New York, they were popular in Chinatown, in parks and at street festivals. You usually pay by the minute. I've been struggling with an achy neck and shoulders for weeks now, and the massage really helped. Now and again the owner of the Curves I go to arranges for a massage lady to come by with her chair. I signed up for 20 minutes, and it was $20 very well spent!

Carol, I lke the sound of the changes at work. I hate when the boss treats you like a child. It's profoundly disrespectful--plus it makes you respond in childish ways. Well, that's the affect it has on me, anyway. Good work on adding so many good habits to your daily routines.

Where is everybody lately? I hope all you other ladies are dong well. I miss you! Stop in and say hi.

Today I have to work on the department budgets, one of my least favorite things to do. But I'd better get moving on it. Wish me luck!

judy
Old 09-22-2006, 06:39 AM   #685  
fIREFLY

Judy your right where is everyone? That massage sounds well worth the bucks spent. Keep up with your new outlook on life as well you sound very up beat these days. So far so good at work. I actually thanked her for such a pleasant week. I am going to a conference today oh more temptations. Its so hard. I have added the stairs, walked a bit extra yesterday , and made a few better for me choices.
Marie hope your doing well.
To everyone else your missed here. Hope all is going well.
I have a wedding on saturday. I just put together a victorian style basket together with some nice goodies in it. Then a card with money. How I get so involved in these matters I don't know. But its done.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:08 AM   #686  
Lifelong Journey Member

Morning everyone, I couldn't check in yesterday since I worked late. So I figure I can check in this morning at work. Great thought process, huh?

I'm still on plateau. No weight loss for September. It's amazing how the body works. I'm still eating 1500 and not cheating. Granted I didn't workout for about 10 days (not straight but 10 days over 3 weeks), but that's the only change and having the cold. Sort of frustrating but then I thought, well so what, you can't just start to eat. So I guess I'm fine. Plus I do like how I look now.

I jogged 2 miles today and walked one. I was so pleased to be so much better. Still a little coughing but it's minimal.

Weekend is about 8 hours away and i'm pleased about that. work is too busy. We had one good candidate yesterday so now it's call on references time. Problem is that the guy has 3 other positions he's interviewing for. Both probby pay more than a poor school district. So we will see.

Judy, the massage sounds great. I'd definitely do that for $20. I love a massage. DH used to give me the best massages, but then one day my upper back was very sore and he gave me a massage - the facet joint on my spine popped out of place and put me on bedrest and PT for weeks. So I haven't really had a back massage for 7 years.

Carol, the pie and cake sound good. I love apple cake. Maybe I'll make that this weekend and make it lo-cal (substitute apple sauce for some of the oil). Oooo, I like that idea.

Talk to you later.
Marie
Old 09-22-2006, 06:36 PM   #687  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Marie - Glad to hear you are on the mend. Don't worry about the plateau - now you're getting back to your normal routine the weight will start coming off again. Hope your interviewing process goes well and that you get someone more compatible this time.

Carol - I hope you managed to avoid temptation at the conference and that you'll have a lovely time at the wedding on Saturday. That Victorian style basket sounds nice.

Judy - I wish my Curves had those chair massages - there would be a long line tho! I'll have to mention it to the owner. Good luck with your budgeting job.

I'm still the same weight as last week but I hope to start losing again now I'm over my cold. We had visitors from England the other day and I made us a nice lunch. We met our son for lunch today at the waterfront as he's on a job in the downtown area for a couple of weeks. That was a nice break and it's fun to see him in his new role of 'engineer' as opposed to 'student' - he even paid for lunch!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Old 09-25-2006, 07:00 AM   #688  
fIREFLY

Penny I agree seeing our children get to that next stage of life is so interesting. When we go to visit our kids out of state he fights to get the bill before his dad gets it. Fun to watch them growup! But I miss the younger stages at times and the need for them to depend on us a little.
Marie your body is just adjusting waiting up for the next loss. You have done so great maintaining at one stage is equally as important as a loss. So keep up your efforts. Take a pr. of old pants bigger out to look at once in awhile that will keep you motivated. I haven't gotten on the white scale lately naughty! But have a doctors appt. on tues. So I will do my scale in the morning first off.
Judy hope all is going well. Do your feet ever stay on the ground your a busy lady!
I didn't do too bad at the conference as far as eating. It was all about trust funds, burial funds, future planning and choices. Nice conference though. Ran into my old supervisor that was interesting.
The wedding was fun and I had a good time. But the food left a lot to desire so I didn't over do there. But we aren't using that cater for my daughters wedding. They weren't very good at all. I put on better spreads on card night. Too bad as the couple paid good money. If I'd been the mom there would of been some conversation about the cost before final payment. The couple had a good time though and I think missed all the extras so thank goodness for that. As we all agreed to say how great it all was no sense in bursting their efforts. Maybe I should go into catering? It sure could be interesting. My son inlaw wanted to do it someday. Maybe a sidekick here?
Anyways it was crazy weather this weekend. I am going to get back to the gym to exercise. I need to have a set routine marked on my calendar. That will help me to get there. My hips are still bothering me in the morning especially hope it isn't arthritis setting in. I am asking the doctor on tues. I hate this feeling and will see if we can fit it. Take care I am going to get out for a walk today. Food intake to be monitored in my note book. I am working a bit later home visits its the end of the month week.
Old 09-25-2006, 12:47 PM   #689  

Sorry I haven't been checking in. I won't be online at home until next weekend, and I was really focused this weekend on laundry, cleaning and other chores. I've been on a decluttering rampage lately, tossing old stuff from my closets and shelves.

Carol, you seem to be cooking ups something for people all the time, maybe you should go into catering! My mom did a little of that when I was younger. Her wedding cakes looked good and tasted great.

Marie, what a great comment, "I like how I look now"--congratulations! You're taking this plateau in stride, and not letting it mess with your mind. You've lost lots of weight this year, you should be very proud.

Penny, how does it feel to have a young man for a son instead of a growing boy? I remember when I began paying for things as an equal with my mom--it was a pretty big step.

I didn't work out at all this weekend. My body has been creaky and complaining lately, so I took two days off (although I was on my feet most of the time anyway), and went back to my usual routine today. I'm back to being ravenous for carbs at night. My big visit to the clinic is tomorrow, I'll see what they have to say.

Have a good Monday, everybody!

judy
Old 09-25-2006, 06:33 PM   #690  
Lifelong Journey Member

Good afternoon Penny, Carol and Judy, Things are back to normal - busy at work. I really liked the weekend. I had a busy time. I have two new trip planned. I bought my ticket to Florida for March so I'll be on a beach on March 10th (red eye on March 9th). Then DH and I decided to use our 2 free tickets to go to Alaska next July. So on July 7th, we're flying to Fairbanks so we can go to Denali Nat'l Park. I'm a big national park lover so I'm very excited. Then I put my time to go to Iowa (niece's wedding) and Mississippi (son's graduation from military tech school) on my work calendar. so it's official. 3 trips. Wow - considering I don't like to travel it's sort of ironic.

I walked 3 miles on the hills on Saturday (with DH and doggies) then biked about 4 miles yesterday (lazy day to say the least). I didn't exercise before work but DH and I are taking the doggies on the 3 mile hilly walk again when I get home. Tomorrow back to walking before work.

Our 6 year old fridge stopped working sometime on Saturday night. All melted and ruined food to greet Sunday morning. We figured out which part went back and it's out in my car. There were no open parts stores on Sunday. But luckily a place in town actually had the part. It was depressing pouring all the just bought milk down the drain and tossing tons of fridge contents. The doggies ate all the melted ice cream and the rest of the freezer stuff went into my big freezer. Good thing the garbage man came today.

Well, I suppose I should work more. I really, really don't want to. But I am leaving on time today - in 27 minutes.
Marie
Closed Thread