Old 04-25-2006, 04:56 PM   #106  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi Gang . . . day started a little grey and it's ending the same, but it was gorgeous in the middle.

Gail . . . thanks for permission to use the name (although I think we are going another direction) and that is another great quote.

Red . . . Oatmeal and Giant Salads are a couple of my favourite mainstays, too. they'll never do you wrong.

Cheryl . . . we actually get Boca Burgers up here in the frozed north and I love 'em. I've tried other brands of veggie burgers and they tasted like . . . well, veggies. The Boca Burgers, dressed up with some fresh tomato, lettuce, and onion, really taste like hamburger.

Been a very busy day today and it doesn't look like it's going to slow down anytime soon. Keep up the good work, ladies. Our efforts will eventually pay off, big-time.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:16 AM   #107  
Onward and Downward

Hi all . . .

First the bad news . . . I gained .8 this past week. I really don't know why because I was good and I can't even blame it on TOM at my age. Oh well, this too will pass. I'm not changing my ticker and I shall repeat the following mantra every 15 minutes for the rest of the day (maybe even the rest of the week). Ohm . . . if you keep doing the right stuff, the rewards will surely follow. . . ohm

And the good news is . . . looks like I get the rest of the week off from the work-project. Yippee, I can get some fun stuff done. . . quilting projects, here I come. Oh, yeah . . . the sun is shining too.

Have a great day, gang. Keep on moving and shaking and heading in that great downward direction. See you soon.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:29 AM   #108  

Meowee Are you lonesome on here all by yourself?

glad to hear you got some time off from your project, and can do something you want to do.

Hey, if I can be a little gross here, when you say this too shall pass, you could "pass" that .8 of a pound just by going to the bathroom!

I like how you say keep moving and shaking in that downward direction, so I'm saying right back at 'cha.

Enjoy the sunshine and enjoy your week!
Gail C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 07:56 PM   #109  

Linda...I agree, I like the Boca Burgers far better than the other brands. Awwww, it just water weight, be gone in a couple of days. Have fun with your quilting projects.

Gail...Hi, hope you have a great day!

I was shocked to see the scales say I lost another pound. Not changing my ticker till monday. maybe be two pounds! I can dream can't I! LOL

Have a good night, ladies.

Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 10:20 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 188/169.5/150

Height: 5'9"

Get out the Hankies!!! I have a TERRIBLE cold

LOL!! I don't get them often so when I do I take it awfully PERSONAL and do lots of whining and the like

Nothing worthwhile posting as a result, just checking in to let y'all know where I went...

Hy
hyacinth merry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 06:32 AM   #111  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Oh, people, I am so stressed, really awful. Had a very upsetting phone call from the credit company and my enormous debts and an email from work which means I have more work that must be done when I am already swamped. I have two stories to write now and I am sitting here simply in a state....I really, really need some help, but thought just coming in here and saying something may help. hyacinth, get well soon! Cheryl, thanks, and congrats on the weight loss!! Everyone else, a big hug and best to you. Hang in there!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 08:46 AM   #112  
Onward and Downward

Hi there, gang . . . the sun hasn't popped out from behind the clouds yet, but the forecast says it is going too. Hope they are right.

After my partial meltdown of yesterday morning, my day finished up within my acceptable calorie range although I couldn't exactly call it 'well-balanced', too much starch and fruit from the diabetes point of view. I'm back in the groove today.

Gail . . . I get used to talking to myself. It's OK but people tend to look at you a little funny. By the time 'the passing' you mentioned came about, I'd already had breakfast and two cups of coffee, so overall I didn't see a difference. But, yep, that usually works.

Cheryl . . . Wow The weight is just falling off you, girl. Congratulations and keep up the good work. I sure hope I don't gain one everytime you lose one.

Hy . . . Sorry you are feeling under the weather. There is nothing so debilitating as the 'common cold'. Get well soon.

Red . . . Hang in there kiddo. Things will get better. They always do. Even though it seems pretty bleak at the moment, things can turn around very quickly.

Have a great day, everybody. Keep moving and shaking and heading in the downward direction.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:46 PM   #113  

Height: 5'1"

HI everyone, It's always nice to come here and hear about how everyone is doing. I look forward to it. It's like I'm talking to friends.

The scale finally was cooperative! I was beginning to think I would be able to lose those last few lb.'s. But today I stepped on the scale and i'm within 1 lb. of my goal.

Donna, I've been wanting to get out there and play in the dirt too! And i'm getting the urge or clean house too!! What is comming over me! Is this contagious? Did I catch it from one of you?

Cheryl, Good for you!!!! You stuck to it and it paid off!! And way to go, resisting those M&M's. It's so easy to just eat them at the time and regreat it later.

Elyn, I'm not a vegetarian but I love vegetables, and I buy the vegetarian burgers too. The Boca are ok, but my favorites are the Dr. Pragers. No, they don't taste like meat, but they are tasty! make a great burger!

Gail, Loved the quote! But, I love old Southern Preachers! My grandpa was one!

Meow, Glad you got that sunshine I sent! Looks like I need to send you some more!

Red, Love steel cut oats! I have mine with raisins, flax seed, cinnamon and splenda! Keeps me fueld for a long time too! Stay away from that Brew, girl!! A dieter's worse enemy. Not only does it add calories, but it makes you for that you want to diet!

Take care all, Freda
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:41 AM   #114  

Good Morning Everyone!

Hy Hope your feeling much better...you're not supposed to get sick when it's springtime and so beautiful outside!

Cheryl Yay...another pound gone, dare we say it? FOREVER! Since I reported no weight loss Monday, I've actually dropped 2 pounds myself! I'll also wait until Monday to change my ticker since that's my weigh in day here, but if I can keep it off until then, that will be 20 pounds this year.

I even ate out twice yesterday and had a lovely piece of carrot cake. But my other choices were mostly healthy and I took a walk, and didn't have a snack last night to make up for the cake earlier.

I really feel like this is doable this time...I can lose weight and keep it off. I may even reconsider my final goal weight. Not being very optimistic, I put it at 160, but I'm only about 5'3", (stretching it to be that tall!) so I should be more around the 140 range at the most. I remember when 140 was fat to me...wow that was a long time ago!

Red I feel for you honey, and wish I could say something to make you feel better. All you can do is take it one day at a time, and just do your best. I'm sure it's hard to write when you're stressed about other things. You know stressed spelled backwards is "desserts", and normally that's what I would prescribe, but no you can't drown your sorrows in an ooey, gooey banana split or the like!

Just know you can come here, we all have broad shoulders you can lean on. although we don't really know each other personally, we all have a common bond, and I feel like there are some outstanding women on this board. You can vent to us anytime, and we can all share with each other. Hey, we sure can't go running and repeat anything to each other's family members or friends! So this really is a safe place to unload, right?

Meowee Are you a writer too, like Hy? I always enjoy your posts. Glad to hear you're back in the groove!

And last, but not least...well maybe you ARE least, Freda! Congratulations for being within a pound of your goal weight :throwing confetti: WAY TO GO! You inspire us all.
Gail C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:12 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

Gail: That is just wonderful that you have been able to get rid of
20 pounds so far this year. Just think where you will be by years end!!! Great job

Freda: 1 pound to goal !!! how awesome is that

I've missed posting this week, just too busy at work,but that is a good thing.
I managed to maintain this week so I'm not changing my tracker until Wed.
My youngest daughter and grandson are coming for the weekend, so hopefully I will be too busy to eat, at least stay away from all the junk food that has been taunting me. My dh has a terrible sweet tooth and he doesn't gain a pound

Hope everyone has a great weekend, sounds like we are in for cooler and rain.
Big city-wide garage sales tomorrow, that will keep me walking.

Talk to you next week,love reading everyones posts. DONNA
Donna72664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 01:22 PM   #116  
Onward and Downward

Hi all . . . I was up very early this morning with a little diabetic hypo. Ate an orange, watched some TV and then went back to bed. Now my day is totally out of sync. I ate breakfast (or the rest of it) at 11:00 and now it's after 2:00 and I guess I'd better have a bit of lunch or I'll never get through to dinner.

FREDA . . . Oh wowee, wowee, wow, wow. Only 1 pound away from goal. You must feel absolutely wonderful. Now just be sure you don't go away and forget us when you hit the magic number. And thanks, I got your sun today.

GAIL . . . a big WOW for you too Keep up the great work. No, I'm not a writer, I just like words. Good thing, too, since I used to be an English teacher in another lifetime. Even after 30 years in private industry, I still tend to think of myself as an academic-type. Guess it's in the blood.

DONNA . . . don't you just hate those men sometimes? My ex was one of those people who didn't even like sweets. He just seemed to have a built-in self-monitoring system when it came to eating. In the 40 years I've known him (no we were only married about 10 of those), I don't think his weight has ever varied by as much as 5 lbs.

Have a great day, gang. Keep moving and shaking on the great downward trip. See you soon.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:27 PM   #117  

Hy...Hope you are feeling better. Spring and summer colds I think are the worst to have.

Red...Hope your stress level is down some. Hang in there! Hopefully it will get better for you.

Linda...Hope your blood sugar levels are back to normal. Really can mess up your day, just feel sluggish don't you.

Freda...WOW!!! Another pound gone and almost to goal. How excited you must be! I know I'm excitede for you!!

Gail...Congrats on another 2 pounds gone to pound heaven!!

Donna...Great job on maintaining. Have a great visit with your daughter and grandson this weekend. Looks like you will get some exercise in at the all city yard sale. Sounds like fun.

Well ladies, it has been extremely stressfull for me the last couple of days. My foster daughters boyfriend was killed in an ATV accident Wednesday afternoons. Another loss that we need to help her get through. It always seems when I'm stressed, I eat. Good thing I have nothing in the house sweet, except fresh fruit and veggies. So I've been chowing down broccoli, mushrooms and grapes. So I should still show a loss on Monday.
Went out for an early morning walk, and I'll probably go out this afternoon. Good stress reliever. Just got the laptop back from the repair shop yesterday. I'm one happy girl!!! Oh how I hate the slow dinosaur I had to use for a week. My DH says I'm spoiled! Guess I am.
Have a great weekend. Keep working towards the downside.

Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 07:49 PM   #118  

AWOL Again!!!

Wow this cold or whatever it was really knocked my socks off...it's just when you've skated by for several years without a cold or such, you start to get a little cocky and then WHAM...life shows you who's boss

Today's the first day that I've actually felt pretty good, so I'll take it!!

I celebrated by getting all my "Atkins Approved" foods prepared and ready for the next few days - boy that is the challenge of doing Atkins - so much needs to be prepared. The Induction phase anyway.

So I cooked up some chicken breasts, hard-boiled some eggs, got my black olives all counted out into the correct portions and put into little containers and cut up all my salad vegetables...then I had to go take a nap - lol!!

I am going to do some SF Jello this week - after 3 months on Induction, I want some Jello, so there!!

Thanks for all the get well wishes - they worked!!

Hy
Old 04-29-2006, 07:52 PM   #119  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl120
Well ladies, it has been extremely stressfull for me the last couple of days. My foster daughters boyfriend was killed in an ATV accident Wednesday afternoons.Cheryl

Oh my, I am so sorry to hear this news - how awful. My condolences to all of your family - I'm sure your foster daughter appreciates your support.

Hy
Old 04-29-2006, 07:56 PM   #120  

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me
The scale finally was cooperative! I was beginning to think I would be able to lose those last few lb.'s. But today I stepped on the scale and i'm within 1 lb. of my goal. Freda

Absolutely FANTASTIC Freda

This is so exciting!!! Congrats!

Hy