Old 04-16-2006, 12:20 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 188/169.5/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee
I am in better humour but things are definitely not going my way right now.

Hugs to meowee and I hope that things will begin to improve here quickly. It really does seem that when it rains, it pours sometimes!!

Sending healing thoughts for the boo-boo on the finger. And don't let the scale get you too down (I know, I know!!) Just look towards your next weigh-in and if you wish, just pretend this one today didn't even happen

More Hugs,
Hy
hyacinth merry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 10:13 AM   #62  

Monday after Easter and my weigh-in day: No loss, but no gain, so I'll take it.

I did try a little time on the treadmill yesterday just to see how my injured achilles tendon was coming along. Took it slow and just did 15 mins and it felt fine - So I'm committing to two, 15 min session each day. It won't be aerobic, but it will be movement.

Did my first 15 min session this morning - got up extra early just to make sure I completed.

No cheating problems with the holiday and associated "treats" - I stayed on my Atkins. Saturday I made a little cheescake from the Atkins site using Splenda. My first and it was great :-) I really AM trying to do this thing right.

Hope it is a good day for all

Hy
Old 04-17-2006, 12:12 PM   #63  

Good for you Hy for sticking to your plan yesterday, and doing your exercise today...I'd say you are really commited to doing this weight loss thing!

I had a happy surprise today, the scales number was down! I believe I yelled a little with joy; makes all that moderation and not eating desserts yesterday
well worth it. The main thing I indulged in was my mom's sweet potatoes, and at least they had some vitamin and fiber value.

I have moved my weight tracker down 3 pounds since my last Monday morning weigh-in here 2 weeks ago. So far I've lost 18 pounds this year, and now I'm able to wear some of my "church" clothes I had outgrown. I'm still in the extra large size, 18 range though, and wanting to get back into all the 14/16 sizes I have.

I have had so many sizes in my closet at once, from 10's to 22/24's. It's ridiculous...I finally got rid of almost all the 22/24's and all the 10's and almost all the 12's...but who knows, if I stay with weight watchers, maybe I'll have to buy some more 10/12's; it could happen!

Now I can't stretch my imagination enough to wearing size 6 like Freda, so I'll just dream of a lovely size 10!

Where is everyone????? Come back!!!!
Gail C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 01:04 PM   #64  

Height: 5'1"

Hi All, Glad to see that we all made it through the Holiday without doing any major damage! And, in spite of the weather being a little colder we hid eggs outside! The kids had a blast finding them. They we're even that interested in the money and candy and trinkets inside them, they just had fun finding them! Taught me a lesson!

Hy, That Jergens lotion is great. I'm not saying you'll look like you went to the tanning booth or spent the day baking in the sun (both of which we shouldn't do anyway) but it does give you a nice little bit of color! And my skin is very pale! Glad to hear that the tendon is on the mend! Take it easy so you don't re-hurt it!

Meow, Oh NO! Hope your finger is feeling better! And I always type with 2 fingers, so what's the problem? You're supposed to use more than that?

Gail, You are doing so well! And a little indulgence isn't bad. Especially if it's something basically healthy, like the sweet potatoes! I baked one for me for Easter dinner and it did a lot to help me the rest of the meal! Very filling and nutritious! Just keep it up and in no time you will be in those smaller clothes! You might want to try what I do. I will only buy clothes up to a certain size. So I do give myself more leway than I probally should, but if I go above that size, tough!!! I just have nothing to wear untill I lose the weight! And you probally wouldn't want to wear a size 6 like me either! I am very short and small boned! You have to remember heighth and bone size!

Take care evryone! I say a quote today that I really liked! Ok, it was on a paper towel but I thought it was really profound!!!

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination!
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 04:54 PM   #65  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi everybody . . . At least the finger has gotten into a smaller size bandage and I can hit keys more accurately now. Unless I can use all the fingers, I make tooooo many mistakes and spend toooooo much time typing backwards.

Life is still too busy . . . this little (?) work-related project is trying to turn into a full-time occupation again . . . plus I've got to get my Income Tax done (in Canada we have to file by April 30 and since I usually have to pay, I tend to leave it until the last minute) . . . no time left for the fun things that make retirement so worthwhile.

Did I mention it is raining and raining and raining and raining and it is supposed to keep on raining and raining and raining and raining for another few days. It is also cold . . . 2 to 3 C (about 35 F). Oh well, if you've got sun and heat in the western parts of the continent, the jet stream will eventually bring it my way, so I'll just try to be patient. Did I mention that it's raining?

I was pretty good over Easter . . . no chocolate eggs . . . no scalloped potatoes . . . so hopefully my WWI will show those four pounds were a fluke and they will have left the building again. I refuse to get on the scale before Wednesday.

Well better get back to work . . . hope everybody manages to stay away from any left-over bunny droppings and here's a little to help us all keep hopping along that downward trail. Have a good evening, gang. See you soon.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 09:26 AM   #66  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning from Atlantic Canada . . . it's still raining and it's still cold, and now we've added 'very windy' into the mix.

Hope you are all having a great day. . . wherever you are. Hope to see you all again soon.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:42 AM   #67  
Onward and Downward

Come out, come out, wherever you are . . . I feel silly when I get caught talking to myself like this . . .

The bad news . . . it's still cold, windy and (surprise) it's also RAINING.

The good news . . . the WWF (weight-watching-fairy) was kind and she took away the 4 pounds of weird-water-weight along with .2 of a real pound (yep, a whole 2/10 of a pound lost, folks). Hey, I'm happy.

Better get a move on (albeit a rather slow one, this constant dampness is bothering the arthritis something fierce). See you soon, gang . . . at least I hope so . . . in the meantime, just keep doing the right stuff and the rewards are sure to follow.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:45 PM   #68  

Gosh meowee I didn't mean to abandon you!! I thought I had posted yesterday but guess not!! Brain fog!!!

Not much news from me - I did get one set of thyroid blood test results back this AM and all were OK except for a really high Reverse T3...This thyroid stuff is so freaking complicated - I don't think even the doctors fully understand.

It's pretty here today in the US desert SW - I'm cleaning my REALLY messy house and that's a good thing - lol!!

Hope it's a good day for all

Hy
Old 04-20-2006, 08:53 AM   #69  

Hi Everyone, It's going to be a rally beautiful, summy 75 degrees here in Michigan today! So i'm going for a long walk before it decides to go away again! Hope all of you are getting some nicer weather. It's making me want to get out and dig in the dirt! I know, it's way too soon! But I can start planning and looking at catalogs. I need some new patio furniture too! Spring is really in the air!

Meow, Glad your finger is a little bette. Great news about the weight loss!!! Hope you get some nicer weather soon! Rain is So dreary!

Hy, I know the thryroid stuff must be pretty confusing! Hope you get it worked out soon!

Make it a good day, Freda
Old 04-20-2006, 09:47 AM   #70  
Onward and Downward

Well . . . if we are being thankful for small mercies . . . it's only cold and drizzling today. According to the Weather Network, the real treat is on the way . . . about 4 cm (1.5") of snow expected tonight. Then Saturday, the sun might actually shine and the temperature might go up to +7C (45F). Wow, a day (she says with tongue firmly planted in cheek).

Have a great day, everybody . . . enjoy your warmth and sunshine . . . I'm soooooo jealous I can almost taste it (but at least that's a taste that isn't fattening).

Keep moving and shaking your way to a better life, gang.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:38 AM   #71  

I'm BAAAAACK!!! So nice to be back with all of you. Boy have I missed you!! Still do not have my laptop working right. Got a new battery and that did not fix the problem, so have a piece of foil around the power supply plug and that did the trick till I can get it into the shop. I have really been stuggling with my weight. Since starting WW on Jan 1st, TOM has decided to come back for monthly visits, so water weight gain, along with craving gains. I lost .7 pounds at my weigh in yesterday. Puts me at 340.0. I'm not changing my ticker since I plan on being at 338 by next week. I hate the little bumps in the road, but I'm not giving up. It's a dreary, wet day here in North Dakota. Wish the sunny, 75 degree days would come back. Anyway, I'll be back later to do personals, right now I'm going to bundle up and go for a walk.

Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 03:20 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

Hi girls,the wind has finally slowed down here in Nebraska!!! Heard on the news at noon that in the northwestern part of the state they had wind gusts up to 85mph,and I was complaining about 55 mph gusts! silly me.
My weigh-in this week was not so nice either,I guess I had too many sweet
potatoes or was it the pineapple upside down cake we had for Easter?
Whatever it was I had to take a 1lb.gain,BUT,I'm not changing my tracker
either,by next week that ugly pound will be banished to ugly weight heaven or wherever they go.

Cheryl120: glad you made it back,don't you just love technology!Did you get any of the snow?It sounded awful.

Meowee:good to hear that your finger is healing,you must have done a real
number on it.

Hy:What on earth is a reverse T3? I have hypothyroidism but never heard
that phrase before.You do wonder sometimes if the doctors know what they
are talking about.

Freda: what kind of patio furniture are you shopping for.Do you like the
metal kind or the wicker? We have metal but it needs painted badly.

I'd better go see if I can make that treadmill work today,it is still windy out and I don't need sand blasted,so will have to walk indoors.Be sooo glad when
it warms up and we can be outside more.
Have a great day and keep up the good work.We'll get there DONNA
Donna72664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 03:58 PM   #73  
Onward and Downward

Hi Donna . . .

I call it 'ugly-pound-heaven' although I know some people like to think they are sending the ugly ones in a much warmer direction. I figure they didn't ask to be on me, I invited them; so the least I can do when I tell them to leave is to send them some place nice.

More than likely you gained a weird-water-weight pound over Easter rather than a real sweet-potato-pineapple-upside-down-cake pound.

Your word-wrap doesn't look like it's working right. Your sentences seem to be ending in mid-line almost like you pressed 'enter' or something. Strange???
Old 04-21-2006, 12:15 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

Meowee: Thanks for the hug I needed that.You are right we did invite those
pounds to stick around so sending them someplace nice seems fair.I'm sure you are right about the water weight,guess we will know on Wednesday!

What is up with that word wrap? Looks pretty wierd!!

Have a great weekend. Donna
Donna72664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 01:55 PM   #75  

Good morning all, It's a lovely day here again! I've already got my walk and my weight training in for the day! Good thing to, I have to work the weekend and won't get a chance to do anything!

Cheryl, so glad to see you back! Hope you get your computer going soon! Mine was down for awhile and I'm finding that I MISS it! Don't worry about the weight, just keep up your exercise program along with the diet! It will all work out! Hope you enjoyed your walk!

Donna, sounds like you were like the rest of us for the holiday! Over ate a little bit! But it's good to see you're getting right back on the wagon! Good for you! That tracker will be right where you want it in no time!

Meow, Sending you some sunshine! Hope you get it soon!

Make it a good day, Freda