Old 04-30-2006, 10:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/250/180

Default New Here

Hi everyone!
I believe I have found the right place to start my lifestyle change. This is the first support group I have ever been involved with but it is time for me to admit that I can't do this on my own. A little about myself...
My weight has gone up and down since I was a teenager. It was usually down but it was always such a struggle for me. I got married 3 years ago to a great guy, got very comfortable and gained about 25 pounds on top of my already overweight body. Then, I got pregnant. Well, that is a reason for a free for all !!! I gained so much weight...I am really ashamed to say how much. Anyway, my son was born last June. I had a reason for being fat...I just had a baby, right? Well, 10 months later, I am still carrying around about 30 pounds of baby weight. Enought with the excuses. I would like to lose the 30 and then about 30 to 40 more on top. I guess that makes about 60-70 pounds. It seems like such a long way to go but I am so ready. I am so happy to be here!!
Mommy2Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 12:54 AM   #2  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Wink

This site is the GREATEST! I've only been here about a month and I have met so many nice people! There are so many different threads, that you can literally spend hours here. I have found so much helpful information and support at 3FC. You can do this just by being here and getting encouragement.
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 02:01 AM   #3  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Talking

WOOOT!!!! This site kicks major ***! I swear, I go through withdrawn if I can't get on every night! LOL You'll meet alot of cool people and get lots of motivation here! So dive in and post! Hope to talk to you soon!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 08:28 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsLea
WOOOT!!!! This site kicks major ***! I swear,
LOL yes it does!!! Keeps you moving, all right!!!

Mommy, welcome! And I think most or all of us were ashamed to post our weight at first. But know what... after a while you begin to realize that we are all in the same boat to some extent... you see some with a lot to lose and othes with a little. But for everyone there is understanding and compassion. I could not believe it when I got brave enough to post my actual weight but there IS something about it, and watching your little ticker move... and having others cheer you on as you do them... that HELPS!

Glad you are here! Let me suggest you join in some of the challenge groups; they are a great way to keep up your motivation! LOL in the exercise groups, for example, you DON'T want to go on and post that you didn't do diddly squat, so you go DO your exercise LOL. Of course we all have days when we need or take a break but overall I find my exercise group... the Coast to Coast walking challenge... really keeps me moving!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:05 AM   #5  

Hard as it is, I take the AA approach when it comes to losing weight. Proclaim how much you weigh and don't be ashamed of it! It happens and you can get it back off! Welcome to the site and always remember that the same beautiful woman is in your body no matter what the size. Be proud of you now and happy with you now and you will be so when you are at goal.

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote