Old 04-02-2006, 05:06 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 188/169.5/150

Height: 5'9"

First and foremost: Thank you Meowee for starting the April thread Yes, you are an angel :-)

I have been sidelined again from posting due to one of my dogs being seriously ill - it started right while I was having to go for the thryroid scans last week - ack!

My pup is doing better today - what a relief - and hopefully he will continue to improve (suspected: Pancreatitis - very nasty)

I did weigh myself last Thurs and had lost 2 pounds - hoping this signals I'm finally off a stall despite having to stop my thyroid meds 30 days prior to the scan and my ankle injury (see, I AM a mess!!! hehehehe!!!)

I'll try to check in whenever I can - just know I am thinking about you all and wishing everyone MUCH success!

Hugs,
Hy
hyacinth merry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 09:00 PM   #17  
Cruise Queen

S/C/G: 167/163/145

Hi, I am back again and trying something different. I tried going thru Explorer rather than AOL and it works find

How odd, I wonder if it has something to do with AOL

That means I will only be able ot chat at home becaise at work in order to go on chat board I have to do it thru AOL or other wise I am blocked out

Well So far today I have been very good, no cheating and even walked a mile. I have been doing what I don;t like to do and that is weigh every morning but maybe that will be the way I will keep myself in line. Today I was down to 162.5. I hope to be at 161 by Thursday which is my weigh in day.

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday
laffnvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 07:33 AM   #18  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . . I think . . . it's so dull outside, it's hard to tell. I do not cope well with the annual time change routine. It takes me a few days to figure it all out, and I'm even worse going back to ST in the Fall.

Hope everybody is having a great day. Keep doing all the right stuff, gang, and the rewards will follow as surely as day follows night whatever the time on the clock actually says.

See you soon.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 09:12 AM   #19  

Height: 5'1"

Good Monday Morning everyone, I'm with Meow, can't really tell what the weather is going to be, but it's going to be a GREAT day! I have to report NO LOSS AGAIN! Darn these plateau's. I guess this old body is trying to hang on to those last few lb. But I will show it who's boss! And besides, I can fit into almost all my clothes again. AND, I bought a new pair of lee caprres this weekend, size 6, and I have to take them back because they are too BIG! I want to find that guy who designed them and kiss him on the mouth!! I know it's just the designe but it was so great!

Hy, i'm not getting the smiles here, but place a big congrats signe RIGHT HERE, for the weight loss. And in spite of the thyroid problem and the bad ankel! Hope your doggie is feeling better. I know when mine gets sick, so do i!

Vegas, Glad to see you back and so determined! I know you will do well. I have AOL and i'm having problems too. With the smiles and with all the problems getting on. It's very annoying! Glad you worked it out, but I only have AOL. So I guess i'll just have to keep fighting it!

Have a good day everyone. Freda
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 10:22 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

Good morning everyone,Wow another month and a time change.Sounds like everyone is doing pretty well.

Freda: You scared me,I was afraid you had really given up,Sooo glad it was all a joke!

It must be the weather,I made cabbage soup yesterday too! It was terribly windy,40 mph,so what better to do.It sure tasted good.
Slim me: WoW a size 6 and too large! how cool is that.Keep up the good work

I came in to work a half hour early so I could use theGot 1 mile in so now I will stay after work and do my next mile.What a great place to work
I am hoping to walk at least 2 miles everyday this month. Wish me luck!

Hy: hope your pup is feeling better,they get to be just like our kids and we worry about them when they are sick just as much.I know when my little one has a bad day she just wants to be held and that's hard when you have to leave them to go to work.

I saw a sign the other day that read:" Every mistake is a step toward success" Think that works for us.Hope you all have a wonderful day and that we see 'less' of you tomorrow. Donna
Donna72664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 11:08 AM   #21  
takeitoff&Keepitoff

Have been MIA for sometime but once again I caught DH nasty cold. He brings all these germs home from his workplace and usually I never get sick, however this is the second time this season that I've been sick. I had fever, chills, cough, sore throat, aches and pains~ felt really lousy. I had to take antibiotics. I feel better now, still coughing though. I have lost 1.5 lbs, I hope they are really gone and decide to stay lost forever and not sneak back up on me when I'm fully recovered. I don't know how I managed to lose weight since I was actually eating a lot, and had major cravings for chocolates. Anyway, I actually miss exercising.
The winter season have been really cold for too long and it is still cold altho' it's officially declared springtime.
Congrats to everyone who have been able to stay with their program.
Nice to have you back Lisa.
girlieyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 01:48 PM   #22  

Good afternoon everyone!

It's a chilly damp windy day here in central Indiana, but I am happy to say I have lost another 1.5 pounds, which makes 15 for this year. wish I had joined WW sooner, because I've really done much better since joining March 9.

Hy Great to hear you've lost 2 pounds in spite of all that is going on with you.

Lisa I'm glad you've figured out how to get on here easier. Congrats on your walking and losing!! Everyone on here who exercises really inspires me.

Like you Donna who exercises at work, and is going to try for 2 miles a day. Good for you! I'm not much on exercise, but I've drug out my little exercise cycle and have been trying to use it while watching TV. It's just pedels sitting on the floor and you sit in your chair and pedel away! I can't use a regular exercise bike, because I have a bad knee that wouldn't bend back far enough, but this little thing I can sit out far enough from me to allow for that.

Eyln Sorry to hear you've been so sick...at least you managed a weight loss through all that. Glad you're back!

Freda I know a plateau can be soooo frustrating, but you've been rewarded for all your efforts...a size 6 too big!!!!!! If you don't mind telling, how much weight have you lost altogether? Maybe it's on here somewhere and I just haven't seen.

meowee We'll all feel better when spring finally gets here to stay, and least those of us in the northern regions. I'm glad you are a faithful poster, I enjoy reading your posts.
Well, keep pressing on everyone and have a great week!

Last edited by Gail C; 04-03-2006 at 01:56 PM.
Gail C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 08:40 AM   #23  

Morning Ladies! Congrats to those who had a loss and for those of you that stayed the same.

Hy...Hope you dog is doing better. My sweet Peaches had that twice. She was an Lhalsa/sheltie mix, and of course would not eat the special food the Vet would put her on. We were blessed to have her for 14 years.

Elyn...Hope you are starting to feel better. It's a really nasty bug that seem to hang on forever, at least the cough does.

Lisa...Glad you found a way to get to this site. We would so miss you!

I had a really good day yesterday. Got up early and got my workout with Richard and the gang in, so I could go sew. Today it's going to be 60, so I'm going out to walk and enjoy all the birds that are back. We have fields around us that are almost pure white with snow geese and a few Canadian geese as they head north to Canada for the summer. All the birds that take up resident in the birdhouses and trees on our property are back also.
Here's a little for the day. Make it a good one.

Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 09:15 AM   #24  

Good morning everyone, I can't tell what the weather is going to be today but the sun is shinning through the window so I'll say "sunny and cold" how is that for weather reporting? Is turned so cold yesterday! I wore a sweatshirt in the morning and by afternoon I needed a coat! So much for walking outside! Not much going on here. I did well with the food part yesterday, had to run around all day so not much exercise. I doubt if I'll get any today either (didn't plan this) because my GD spent the night. And I broke a tooth! That probally means a root canal! BUMMER! I know the kids probally have a new name for it now, but to me it's BUMMER...

Donna, I know you've heard it before, but you're so.....lucky to have exercise equipment at work. I would love to take my lunch break and exercise. Sometimes I walk around the building and I always take the stairs but that it! So you don't ever have to skip an exercise day!

Elyn, You finally caught that bug everyone had, huh! Rough. I think most of us had it. Hope you're feeling better now. I know what you mean about missing exercise, I think your body knows what it needs. I have been know to GAIN weight when i am sick too! I think I just want to taste something so I keep eating. But with this one I lost!

Gail, You lost weight again! How awsome! I agree with you, WW is a very good diet. One of the few that stresses healthy eating and teaches portions! Also lets you make your own food choices. In other words, teaches you how toeat healthy!

Hi Cheryl, Wish I could come and go for a walk with you! Sounds wonderful! Have a good walk.

Make it a good day, Freda
Old 04-04-2006, 09:29 AM   #25  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . . sunny and cold around here, too . . . but at least I've figured out the date and time.

Been doing the right eating less, moving more kind of stuff for the past couple of days, so we'll find out if the scale- is feeling kind tomorrow.

Other than that, it looks like the old retired lady is being called in to work again . . . it's always nice to be wanted, but these "please do a little special project" calls happen a couple of times a year and I just never have the heart to say no. Puts a crimp in my 'retired person' activities. Doing nothing is sooo hard.

Anyway, gang, have a great day. Keep moving and shaking and heading down the right road (with emphasis on the 'down').
Old 04-04-2006, 08:38 PM   #26  
Cruiser

Wink Good evening ladies

I've been bad for the last few weeks.
I've been real busy with the travel business,
my trip to Reno and 2 cruises next month
and one more in June.

I'm trying to kick it up a notch so I can
misbehave a little on my cruises.

It looks like my girls are doing well.
Keep up the good work.

Popeye
Reggierail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 08:40 AM   #27  
Onward and Downward

Wow . . . I got a very pleasant surprise this morning. After fearing the worst, I discovered that I could move my little running-cat slider thingee downward by three (3) pounds. The human body will never cease to amaze me.

Anyway, that helps to make up for the cold, rainy morning we are having in eastern Nova Scotia. Radio is telling me it will give us some sunny breaks and a temperature of 10C (50F) later on today. We'll just have to wait and see.

Anyway, gang . . . gotta run and get some errands out of the way so I can get started on my work-related project. Hope everyone gets at least one pleasant surprise of some kind today. Have a great one.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:13 AM   #28  

Well meowee you sound like you're in a better mood, and for good reason, 3 whole pounds lost...isn't it great to see that stubborn scale number go down?!

I also got a pleasant surprise when I stepped on the scales this morning. this is not my weigh-in day, but I have to tell someone, I was under 180 for the first time in quite a while...well 179.5 but still below! That's 17 pounds less than I was the first of the year...Yay!!!

Let this be a day of happy surprises for all of us!

By the way, later today for 1 second the date and time will be 1:02:03, 04-05-06.
Gail C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:53 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

Good morning gals,looks like we have some losers in the bunch!!
That is great news!
Luckily I can add my name to the list this week.I want to say that I lost "just a 1/2 lb",but that is not the right attitude.Sooo, Hey I lost another 1/2 lb
The weather is going to be beautiful today,almost 80,so look out world,I'm heading outside to walk this evening after work.Already did 1 mile on the treadmill when I got to work this morning.
Hope everyone can find something to about today!

Donna
Donna72664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 01:26 PM   #30  

Default hi

Hi Everyone,
meow, Gail, and Donna!!!You big LOOSERS!!!! Way to go!

Nice to hear from you again too Reggie. Sounds like you have been one busy person with all that traveling, and getting ready to go again!

I had a very bad night! Ate everything in the house and couldn't figure out why intill I started writting about it. It was because I broke a tooth and here goes another root canal. Hate the dentist!! HATE, HATE!! But thank God that there are there.Same as usual, I let my stress dictate the way I ate!

Some one asked again how much I had lost. I was never teribly heavy, but had a lot of health issues. When I finally got the courage to weigh myself, after dieting for awhile, it was 142. So I really don't know how high I got. Just way too much for my 5'1" small frame. And my BP was climbing and so was my cholesterol. But reguardless of how much we have to lose, we're all in this together! I can celebrate your loss and hope you can celebate mine!

I'm having a Dr Praegers (like Boca burgers) burger for lunch with a diet Dr. Pepper with cherry and vanilla. First time and it's pretty good. I like the Dr. Praegers burgers because they have so many vegetables in them. What about every one else. What's your favorite products? Does every one know about hungry girl? I get a lot of information there? What about you? What's your favorite link?

Don't give up what you want, for what you want right now! Freda