Old 03-01-2006, 12:49 PM   #1  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Default Weighty Issues #38

to the March edition of our Weighty Issues thread.

Feeling Lucky? Need some new inspiration? We're a group of wonderful women from different walks of life, spread out from the US east coast to the west, the Pacific and the Far East! We support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss, it's about LIFE. If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on, come on in, grab a chair and stay awhile. You'll be glad you did.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 01:01 PM   #2  
so close, yet so far...

Good morning ladies....did everyone indulge on Fat Tuesday yesterday? We had malassadas (those Portuguese fried donuts) and I must've ate 3 of them, I did count my 9 points though, so I had to have a low point soup for dinner. Oh well, there's always a way around it right? Gotta live a little. So for lent, i'm giving up... gotta think about that for a while

Kempy, good job at your weigh-in. 13 lbs is a good number! I know your friends will notice. Have fun!

Cherie, hey, no hiding! You could read the first paragraph on our thread--"it's not just about weight loss, it's about life".... we're all friends right? You can come here any time and it doesn't have to be just when you're OP or doing good. And it's a new month so we can all start over again. How are the braces feeling these days? How's Hannah coping with hers?

Hi Julie ... and surf, did you guys watch AI last night? You know, the only ones that stood out for me were Mandisa and Paris. But Simon was right about Paris choosing songs that would make her come off as really old I think Paula's on drugs (still!).

Everybody have a good day, gotta get ready for work.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:02 PM   #3  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I will post this here. I just posted it on the old thread.

Good Morning guys. I seem to have lost my drive to lose. I didnt lose all that much all this last month and quite frankly I am not wanting to deal with it right now either. I dont want to be super strict like I usually do and it just isnt working if I am not. So I am trying to decide if it is really worth all the effort. You know what I mean? I have been exercising all week but I am up 2 pounds...which is my fault totally because I didnt do anything right last week but still...

Cherie, I feel ya. That is what I did last week. still am actually but I am trying to at least keep the hope up. (((HUGS))))

Surf, I see you like Ragdolls. I have always wanted one and after Christmas My favorite cat Tinky passed away so we went and got a Ragdoll. She is the sweetest little fluffball. She is a seal bicolor Ragdoll. Her fur is so soft that it does feel like a bunny. It is hard to explain but they are definately different. They go limp when you pick them up which makes it hard to pick her up because when I grab under her arms then she almost slips out of my hands. She is turning into a heathen now and the kittens wont play with her now because she kicks their butts. We named her Daisy but she gets called Puddin pop more often now. I tried to post her pic but I cant get it small enough to do it. If you pm me your email I will send you a pic of her.

Kempy, Have a great weekend. I didnt mean to worry ya.

Julie, If you go to RV Trader online you can type in Forest River Wildcat 28RK in Sunset tan and it will show pics of ones like it.

Noelle, Congrats on your loss. You are doing awesome.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 03:07 PM   #4  
so close, yet so far...

(((Angie))) Hey girl, you have lost over 30 lbs this time around, that is an accomplishment! I know how hard it is to make good choices every single day, I struggle with that too. Even if it seems like you've got no motivation now, we don't want you to stay away from here. You girls are like family and I worry if one of us is gone too long w/out a word. I know you'll get your mojo back soon and be that happy, motivating, sparkly person that we know and love. Hang in there!

I looked up your RV and it looks great! I would love to do a road trip with that. Are you guys planning on a Xmas vacation again? Or how about maybe a quick summer one? Like over the 4th of July weekend? That would be awesome.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:35 PM   #5  

Hi Girls Good Afternoon

Angie, no matter if you are losing or not I like talking to you. I can honestly say I have only lost a pound or two in the last month. We are friends no matter what the scales says. I looked up some of those models of Rv's....wow I love them. It is like a home away from home. I would like to take one of those to Disney.

Noelle the girls on AI are just not that great in my opionion. I like the guys way better. I am looking foward to watching Chris and Taylor. You are right something is up with Paula.

Gotta run girls ds is going to be getting done with school.
Hi Cherie, Kempy, Cal, Dips, Red and Surf
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 09:17 PM   #6  
No Limit Souljah!!

What's good Gurlz!!

I gotta say, I am not feeling this season's AI The girls are aiigght the guys are aiiight I'll give em one more week til I give up completely.

Angie- Take this period for what it is...just another minor road bump. Do not ose your focus over one bad week or month or whatever. Yes it is worth th effort. Don't give up on me precious!

Noelle- Good for you on losing inspite of your indulgance!

Sorry I can't get to everyone tonight biut I got a wireless router to hook up. TTYL.
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 11:17 PM   #7  
so close, yet so far...

Hey girls, just checking in for the night. The Queen Mary 2 is docked at Aloha Tower and we may go out there to see it. It came in this morning and is leaving tonight so I hope we make it. It's supposed to be the largest luxury liner on the ocean today. Angie, is this the same ship that docked in Maine last year?
Old 03-02-2006, 08:11 AM   #8  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Noelle, Yep that is the same ship that came to Maine last year. I hope you get to go see it.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:53 AM   #9  
so close, yet so far...

Good morning people! We've got rain today.... we did get to see the QM2 last night. It was massive. Alongside the other dock the Norwegian Wind (NCL cruiseline) was pulling out. I thought that looked pretty big, but once it pulled up along side the QM2, you would need 3 of the NCL ships to make the size of it. I'm glad we got out there. I'm gonna try and post this link to our local news story of it http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...603020351.html
...i hope our ever vigilant mods don't linkosuction it

Anyway, honoluluadvertiser.com "todays headlines" has a little article under "Gigantic Ship Draws Crowd", with a link to other pics as it sailed in. Pretty cool.

I'll be back later, gotta get the boy ready for picture day at school.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:44 PM   #10  

Hi Girls

Noelle that ship is just awesome. The pictures are beautiful. I would have love to see it. I would love to go on a cruise on that. Tell Michael to say CHEESE!

I am dealing with a major case of bloatation. I just feel horrible. You know when you have a good cry the night before and wake up and your eyes are puffy well mine are I was not crying. I am going to be drinking water. TOM is not due for over a week. It is probally from junk I ate last night. I think I will go shovel the driveway and get some excercise and maybe that will help. I have been thinking about joining FitDay.

Off to make some lunch. Have a great day everyone.
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 12:59 PM   #11  
Why is this soooo hard?

S/C/G: 187/181/135

Hi I hope you all don't mind if I join in on your thread. I am new here and just trying to feel my way around and find a thread where I can meet some new people and possibly make some new friends.

I have a long ways to go before I meet my goal. I was down to 145 - 150 when I met my ex-husband, but you know how tough times seem to bring out the weight and when we divorced I was over 200 pounds. I have stayed at 180-185 for the past 3 years and I want to be at the very least back to 145. I think this site has so many positive people and I need that.
aileigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:54 PM   #12  
so close, yet so far...

Aimee Sure you can join us, the more the merrier and we always welcome new faces.

Let's see... a little about me: My name is Noelle, I'm a 34 y.o. married mom of one 7 y.o. son, I've been married 11 years to a man I love but drives me so cr@zy that I want to strangle him sometimes. Lived in HI for 32.5 of my 34 years I currently work w/said husband in a plumbing contracting business. Right now I am doing the WW flex points plan (or TurnAround plan as they are calling it now) and have lost 38 lbs in the last 4 mos . I love all the girls here on this thread like family and hope to get to know you too! Oh yeah, animal lover too--3 dogs, 6 cats, 1 rabbit and some aquarium fish.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:57 PM   #13  
so close, yet so far...

Julie, I haven't been to fitday in a long time..I used to use the free features though. Sorry you feel so bloated. Just drink up that water and you'll get it all out.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:34 PM   #14  
Why is this soooo hard?

S/C/G: 187/181/135

Thanks so much Noelle. My name is Aimee Leigh, 28 (soon 29) years old and I am in a small valley town in West Virginia. I have a 10 year old daughter - I love her so much, but man if this preteen thing is a prelude to what is yet to come, oh man... That is so awesome that you have lost 38 lbs. in 4 months. I envy you. If I could do that... Congrats to you...

Thanks for the warm welcome and I can't wait to get to know everyone.
aileigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:22 PM   #15  

Only 6 more school days and 3 of them are 1/2 days. The kiddos are driving me nuts.
Things are going well here...not great, but well. I went to the doctor yesterday for a follow-up and I now have a sinus infection. It is so dry here that the doctor said she is seeing many cases of sinus infections. I told one of the teachers today that if we don't get rain in the next couple of weeks, I'm going to go to Seattle for Spring break!!! I need moisture. Now I have a horrible cough...a smoker's cough and I've never smoked. I think we're going on 140 days, or something like that, without rain.

Hello Aimee and welcome. I am Cal (Carol) and I live just outside of Phoenix, Arizona. I'm much older than the others here and I have an 8 year old daughter who's in 2nd grade. I've been married to an Italian (he's actually from Italy) for almost 10 years. We travel there as often as we can so our daughter, Ashley, can get to know her relatives there. Hubby is the only one from his family here in the states. I teach 7th grade and I totally understand what you mean by the pre-teen thing. Don't worry, it'll pass...sometime around age 30!! My sister and I took a road trip last summer and we were in WV. Where abouts do you live? Again, welcome. These ladies are like family to me. I get so much support from them. I love them all like sisters and have met 2 of them.

I'll be able to chat a bit more after next week. It's pretty hectic now. I have to help chaperone a middle school dance tomorrow night, go to Ashley's last basketball game on Sat., have grades in by Monday at noon and the school is not open on the weekend, administer a district test on Monday, go over all report cards on Wed, get ready for parent conferences on Thurs (until 8pm ) and Fri of next week, and somehow find time to complete a class by Mar 29 for an SEI endorsement on my teaching certificate. (SEI stands for Structured English Immersion and is required by August of all certified teachers in Arizona).

Hope everyone is well.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote